Trouble Finding Sessions With People In Them

14 replies to this topic
Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

Personal Licence Plate LOADED

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Everytime I join GTA Online, I never have a single person playing in the world with me. The only way I can join a session with other players is by hosting a job and auto inviting (this even takes 3-9mins to get others to join). After the jobs done and we select load back to the world I'm fine.

I'm part of a crew and even with them online or other friends playing it never joins me to a populated session. I also tried "find a new session" and always load into the game by myself.

Didn't know if anyone had an idea of what I could do to resolve this...

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Playstation?

Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Playstation?

Yep

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

You're not the only one.

It has gotten so bad for me, the only way I can get online is through the invite only option. Majority of the time, everything else will time out. Invite only hits me into a world. Have to do a job or deathmatch and then only will I be able to get in free roam with other players.

Even then, there are plagues of other problems. For instance yesterday, I played for most part of the day, a day of boredom which was filled with GTA online instead. My count of unexpected network errors and time outs were 37 throughout the day.

It's strange, people mention it's a social club issue. I've unlink it before but no change. And my other online gaming doesn't give a quarter amount of these problems so not really sure what the issue could be now.

It is only recent though, a month ago I was playing just find with minor hiccups.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

This is the problem...

We wanted to take a moment to inform you of a planned network maintenance, currently scheduled for Monday, January 27th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM Pacific Time (12:30 PM to 6:30 PM Eastern Time). We expect this maintenance to last approximately 6 hours.

If you’ve signed in to PlayStation Network any time since January 20th you will be able to play games online and access partner apps such as Netflix during this maintenance period. The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during this time, and users may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access these services.

We thank you for your patience and support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. In order to access online game play and partner apps during this routine maintenance, we ask that you please sign in to PlayStation Network prior to Monday, January 27th.

Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

This is the problem...

We wanted to take a moment to inform you of a planned network maintenance, currently scheduled for Monday, January 27th from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM Pacific Time (12:30 PM to 6:30 PM Eastern Time). We expect this maintenance to last approximately 6 hours.

If you’ve signed in to PlayStation Network any time since January 20th you will be able to play games online and access partner apps such as Netflix during this maintenance period. The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during this time, and users may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access these services.

We thank you for your patience and support and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. In order to access online game play and partner apps during this routine maintenance, we ask that you please sign in to PlayStation Network prior to Monday, January 27th.

It's been a issue for me since a few months after the first wave of online bugs were fixed... Around Christmas I had no problem, but anytime before or after, it has been a major headache.

You're not the only one.

It has gotten so bad for me, the only way I can get online is through the invite only option. Majority of the time, everything else will time out. Invite only hits me into a world. Have to do a job or deathmatch and then only will I be able to get in free roam with other players.

Even then, there are plagues of other problems. For instance yesterday, I played for most part of the day, a day of boredom which was filled with GTA online instead. My count of unexpected network errors and time outs were 37 throughout the day.

It's strange, people mention it's a social club issue. I've unlink it before but no change. And my other online gaming doesn't give a quarter amount of these problems so not really sure what the issue could be now.

It is only recent though, a month ago I was playing just find with minor hiccups.

I actually changed crews and joined a massive one thinking it would link me to more people; nevertheless, it had the opposite affect. So I rejoined my current one because they at least have players I can sometimes link to through jobs.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

@AiraCobra, I'm afraid that is not the problem, I've been online the whole evening tonight. Plus this issue has been happening a lot longer than just this week.

@Darkstar_Inc, yeah I'm sure we have all tried hundreds of things already. I've sat hours with my internet and the settings. Even with social club, unlinked it, I've changed crews. Nothing helps the problem.

Unfortunate as it is, I hope it is resolved sooner rather than later.

Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

@Darkstar_Inc, yeah I'm sure we have all tried hundreds of things already. I've sat hours with my internet and the settings. Even with social club, unlinked it, I've changed crews. Nothing helps the problem.

Unfortunate as it is, I hope it is resolved sooner rather than later.

I've come to the same conclusion myself, it is just something I'm going to have to deal with. Was just hoping that maybe someone else had the same issues and solved it.

Thanks again for the help guys, this might be weird, but I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Crewnordin
  • Crewnordin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:45 AM

This is not GTA. This is your Internet connection. I had the same problem. You need to ''open'' your Internet. You got to have net type 2 in order to get full lobies. Look on youtube or google how to do that cause it worked for me

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

If you do an internet connection test and have a NAT 3, Look over my post in this thread---

http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1064564024

Forwarding the indicated ports to your PS3's IP address and changing your DNS to what I indicated should get you a NAT 2 and help this out.

I have very few problems with GTAO-- and lobbies are always full or close to it-- some game modes aren't (when I pick quick job)-- but over all my GTAO experience is good.

Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

If you do an internet connection test and have a NAT 3, Look over my post in this thread---

http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1064564024

Forwarding the indicated ports to your PS3's IP address and changing your DNS to what I indicated should get you a NAT 2 and help this out.

I have very few problems with GTAO-- and lobbies are always full or close to it-- some game modes aren't (when I pick quick job)-- but over all my GTAO experience is good.

The dreaded NAT 3 issue which has troubled me ever since COD: Black Ops... I'll take a look at your thread in hopes there is some possible way of resolving this problem, but even after port-forwarding I couldn't fix it before. But always try, try again!

Thanks for the continual input!

murtoc1
  • murtoc1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

Still a problem for me on ps3

Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Still a problem for me on ps3

Getting a crew session invite has been the only guaranteed way I'll join a session with other players.  Try finding a crew that plays during the times your on.  More people for you to possibly connect with. 

Hope this helps

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I sometimes have this problem on XBL.  I'm sure it's internet related.  I use a dongle with a bridged wired connection.  When the weather's rough I can only play alone.  If I'm loaded in with my crew I soon find myself alone again.  Otherwise it's fine.

Darkstar_Inc
  • Darkstar_Inc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I sometimes have this problem on XBL.  I'm sure it's internet related.  I use a dongle with a bridged wired connection.  When the weather's rough I can only play alone.  If I'm loaded in with my crew I soon find myself alone again.  Otherwise it's fine.

I agree, I live up in the Northern wilderness and my connection has never been the best.  I'm running my Playstation off of wifi but am going to try and directly connect the internet through a cable to see if this helps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users