» «

Anyone else starting to get bored of video games?

76 replies to this topic
  • trip

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:16 AM Edited by trip, 19 April 2014 - 03:17 AM.

Lately the only game I have fun with alone is GTA V. And I can only do it for an hour or two before getting tired. It's really disappointing me... this is my hobby. And all the sh*t pressing on me isn't letting me enjoy my hobby.

You'll be alright man.  The games will always be there for you.

• DeafMetal likes this

• godforgivesthelostdont

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

A lot of it is nostalgia.  Age 7 to age 14 is the golden era for most of us probably. 

Once we see everything games can do, the wow factor drops.  Even as the graphics get better, there's only so many ways you can drive, shoot, slash and etc. before deja vu kicks in.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:08 AM Edited by Davo the Assassin, 19 April 2014 - 10:09 AM.

I find I need to take breaks from games. For example I played World of Tanks and Battlefield 4 to death when they both first came back. Got bored, stopped playing.

Then I've just got back into them, which is happy days. Until I get bored again pahah!

But yeah, the problem, especially in my case, is I tend to overplay games when I get them and just get bored super fast.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Lately for me, the idea of playing games is great, until I actually get on them and play.. It's odd. Probably has to do with all the other crap I'm dealing with right now though :\ but that's a story for a different thread heh.

• DeafMetal likes this

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

I get that. I suppose its the anticipation of being able to take some time off to game.

• Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Wanted to play Skyrim, installed it, runs like sh*t, game crashes every 5 seconds, pissed off by trying to play a game.

• Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Expand your horizons, people. And if that doesn't help neither, stop playing video games for a while.

• CatDog96 likes this

• redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I feel the same. Games been getting boring. 

I got a PS4 and am bored with it. 

Cod Ghost

Infamous Second Son 

Madden 25

and am extremely bored with all of them. Very few games give me that wow factor ( Like Th3Man1 said ). The only games that come to my mind when I think of PS3 is Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us. Both games that I've never experience before.

When I first got GTA V I was like wow this is going to be great but after driving around for a while you realize that it's the same as GTA SA but with 2 less cities. 

Lately I've got back into minecraft trying to build the Iron Foundry 

It takes a long time to build this and its great cause I don't feel as bored playing it like I usually do. 

• CatDog96

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

I always get bored with games, I can go for months without wanting to play, I think its because I don't buy many games so I get bored by playing the same stuff. 

• I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

I'll play a game for 3 days straight, never stopping to think about anything else, then I will just ignore it for months on end. Some examples include Fallout 3, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, and Vice City. I haven't played the former 3 since January, and I haven't touched VC since August. I'll probably end up wanting to play them again soon.

• headmetalbanger

• Unknown

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Yes a lot, in this last years I play only old games (sega, nintendo, n64, etc.), rarely but very rarely GTA (SA & IV), but is not new for me, I born with old games/consoles.

My last game was NFS 2012 & FarCry3, but are boring games like 99% of today games.

• Killzone3265

there is a waterfall on my profile

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

i feel like console gaming is dying slowly

at least on last gen, i have absolutely no idea whats going on for ps4 and xbone

i cant wait for wiiU to make a comeback with mario kart, smash bros, the new f*cking zelda game that i hope will have a teaser of some sort at E3, etc

• headmetalbanger likes this

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• Canada

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Yea, about 3 weeks after buying the PS4, I just lost complete interest in gaming. Like during those day's I wished I haven't bought the PS4 so I'll have a bit more cash on me but oh well. So since the end of November till now I've only played video games for about 5 times, but it was because I had guests over and we had nothing to do. But sometimes I wonder to my self, how was I able to sit in front of the T.V for 10 + hours each day with out getting bored of it. Also I started to loose interest about 2 weeks after GTAO dropped. But now though, I'm on at least 3 times a week just f*cking around on CoD or GTA and playing casually this time, unlike during my past.

• Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by Andreas, 19 April 2014 - 11:19 PM.

I know exactly how that is and it's kind of unfortunate. I purchased three games yesterday: L.A. Noire, Tomb Raider and Arma 3, and I don't have the desire to play them now. I installed LAN and downloaded a patch, but I haven't played it a second. I finished Far Cry 3 not too long ago and it was a really nice experience. I loved every bit of the game, but I haven't played a single game in months prior to that. Gaming is a hobby of mine and I talk a lot about games with my pals, but I don't game nearly as much as I used to a few years back. Here and there I pick up a game that looks interesting then play it for many hours on daily basis and when I'm done with the story, I probably don't touch it for an awful long time. It's just a damn shame.

• a20characterusername

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

I go back and forth with games. I'll get into one for a week or two at a time, then my PS3/PC will collect dust for two months and I may or may not finish it when I feel like playing again. These days I get more enjoyment out of making new games or modifying existing ones than actually playing them, for the most part.

About two years ago I went on a spree and bought about 20 PS3 games, most of which haven't even been unwrapped yet. :I

• Cl4ud35p33d

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Too many first-person shooters these days. Kinda sick of 'em.

• Eminem!

Mr Massacre

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Why would I be bored of video games just because you're bored of them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users