Unusual dialogues heard today

4 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

I was the Boss in CnC. The Cop drove beside me, for some reason we didn't shoot one another. I decided to get into his car, which resulted in my character kicking him out of it. Then I drove up and down the road, stopping next to him again. He then got in the car, resulting in his character kicking me out, and as he did this his Cop character said something I have never heard before, it went something like "Oh man it stinks in here, you had better not have farted in my car or I'll f*cking kill you". Very funny. Surprised there is an audio dialogue in the game for a Cop kicking the Boss out of a car, how often does that actually happen?

Also interesting, I made a big jump in my car (as Boss), and as I crash landed I flew out of the windscreen. At that point the boss shouted 'awwww' in a fairly normal mundane toned voice. Again, I didn't think the Boss ever made any sounds or said anything. You can't make him talk as you can with other characters such as Cops or normal Crooks. And I don't think he makes sounds when he gets shot in the leg, so why did he when he was thrown out of the windscreen? Further more, I though the Boss was Petrović, or is it someone different?

• Jimbatron likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

I was the Boss in CnC. The Cop drove beside me, for some reason we didn't shoot one another. I decided to get into his car, which resulted in my character kicking him out of it. Then I drove up and down the road, stopping next to him again. He then got in the car, resulting in his character kicking me out, and as he did this his Cop character said something I have never heard before, it went something like "Oh man it stinks in here, you had better not have farted in my car or I'll f*cking kill you". Very funny. Surprised there is an audio dialogue in the game for a Cop kicking the Boss out of a car, how often does that actually happen?

Also interesting, I made a big jump in my car (as Boss), and as I crash landed I flew out of the windscreen. At that point the boss shouted 'awwww' in a fairly normal mundane toned voice. Again, I didn't think the Boss ever made any sounds or said anything. You can't make him talk as you can with other characters such as Cops or normal Crooks. And I don't think he makes sounds when he gets shot in the leg, so why did he when he was thrown out of the windscreen? Further more, I though the Boss was Petrović, or is it someone different?

That's cool. I think that the cop's line might have been for his partner, because sometimes they throw each other out of their car after arresting someone, but I'm not sure.

And as for the boss being Petrović, no. It's just a random Bratva member who changes appearances each time you play. Petrović only appears in Deal Breaker, Bomb Da Base II and Hangman's NOOSE.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Okay, but the boss IS always the same character, just not Petrović? :)

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Okay, but the boss IS always the same character, just not Petrović? :)

Is he? I haven't played for quite a while so I might be wrong, but don't his clothes change each time? (ex: Black coat + red shirt, then grey suit + striped tie, then white turtleneck, etc.)? Like I said, maybe I'm wrong but that's what I remember. I also remember his hair changing from black to grey. :ph34r:

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 28 January 2014 - 10:15 PM.

The Boss is not Petrovic - they are entirely different model files:

IG_PETROVIC GTA IV 2347284466 0x8BE8B7F2 

M_O_MPMOBBOSS GTA IV 1178487645 0x463E4B5D 

The Boss model has no voice of his own, and he never changes appearance*, although I do have one video where a glitch led to the player marked as the Boss spawn with a standard crook model. The crook model by contrast has two different heads, and three different textures for each head, upper and lower (torso and legs respectively).

M_Y_GMAF_HI_02 GTA IV 2678076464 0x9FA03430

Sometimes either the Crook or the Cop models will say stuff though without you taking any action. Once a Cop spawned as a random, non-hostile pedestrain in a CnC game, my Crook Model said to him "Officer, I ain't done nothing wrong today!"

*Except in my Movie Trailer (see signature link) where I've modded the Boss to wear a prison uniform.

• Deadly Target and StormerBoy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users