Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it wrong to kill players who are using shops?

642 replies to this topic
watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Getting the timing right on shop kills makes it very different from the tank. It's very exciting thinking they might be leaving just as you pull up. This has happened a few times and some great gun scraps have ensued. One time a guy was camping on top of ammu-nation waiting for me.

Your intentions are still cheap, whether or not the outcome was fun or not. 

Like other's said, you're trying to kill someone who most likely can't even defend themselves.  I really don't care if I see someone trying to sticky bomb someone for no reason while they're both on the move in cars.  It's fair game.

This?  No.  

You see when I check the map before I go in the shop, and between purchases in a shop I AM defending myself. GTA:O is as much about having information (situational awareness) as it is about parity of weaponry. Let me emphasise again, this DOESN'T happen to me because I AM CAREFUL. That IS defence.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Slight overreaction for being killed You moan about being killed inside the shop yet you'll spawn-kill 10 times. Just suck it up and get on with the game

I spawn-kill asshats who do crap like this until they either leave the session or learn to piss off.

I don't see how I'm overreacting.  I'm merely teaching them a lesson of humility.  Deal with it.

• Xyn, theGTAking101 and MsWolfe like this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Thread went from 0 to mad in under 4 seconds.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Honestly, why would you bother asking if it's wrong to kill someone in a shop if you're so adamant about your opinion about it?

It's like you literally just made a thread just to argue with- OH. Oh.

You couldn't find an easy lobby to grief, could you, huh? You can try again tomorrow.

• Xyn, Tabula Rasa, TimelyMeerkat and 3 others like this

Murphy MacManus
  • Murphy MacManus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Do I kill them? No. But I will put a car in front of the door every so often. I don't do it a lot, just mainly to assholes...

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

I actually imagine the same people who do this, are the same who try to blow up players during the animation where you exit and enter your garage.

Oh but we have a map, so I should just stay inside my garage and keep looking at it until that white dot eventually gets bored and moves away.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Is it wrong to steal from a baby?

Is it wrong to push over the elderly?

Is it wrong to punch someone in a coma?

Is it wrong to dropkick a pregnant woman?

Is it wrong if I pick on someone who otherwise can't defend themselves?

Yes asshole it's wrong.

Are you a moron who can't tell right from wrong? You might be if you're OP.

Take it easy moron! Its a fking game so no its not wrong. Bad comparison btw :rol:  Its a game bout crime and killing. Criminals dont play it fair imo and dont need to

• codename_duchess and watchclock like this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Yes it's wrong and a dick move, but that doesn't stop it being fun.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Slight overreaction for being killed You moan about being killed inside the shop yet you'll spawn-kill 10 times. Just suck it up and get on with the game

I spawn-kill asshats who do crap like this until they either leave the session or learn to piss off.

I don't see how I'm overreacting.  I'm merely teaching them a lesson of humility.  Deal with it.

hahaha humility in GTA ?? That's actually quite funny. At what point were morals part of playing this game?

• Bongsquirrel likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Yes asshole it's wrong.

Well, I wouldn't do any of the things you mentioned other than 'picking on people' in a GAME designed for that purpose. The reason is that all those things ACTUALLY harm people.

I think you should be more hesitant in using the M word unless it is part of a self description.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 27 January 2014 - 12:22 PM.

hahaha humility in GTA ?? That's actually quite funny. At what point were morals part of playing this game?

This!

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Honestly, why would you bother asking if it's wrong to kill someone in a shop if you're so adamant about your opinion about it?

You couldn't find an easy lobby to grief, could you, huh? You can try again tomorrow.

Um, ....... yes!

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

It depends, usually I'll just mess with em.Yesterday, there was a lvl 28 in one of the clothing stores. As I was riding by, I happened to notice his pimped out(as pimped out as you can get at 28) tornado. So, I go into the street and grab a car, then ram into the entrance, blocking him in. I then proceeded to beat his car with a golf club while he looked on through the window.
  • MsWolfe, TimelyMeerkat and Tacts_21 like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by TeammateAssist, 27 January 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Um, ....... yes!

Bingo. I shouldn't have fallen for that trollbait topic title, man. Nice work.

Do I kill them? No. But I will put a car in front of the door every so often. I don't do it a lot, just mainly to assholes...

I do a lot of nonviolent trolling. Outrunning an Adder and driving backwards to piss them off, suddenly braking when someone's following you, blocking the LSC entrance with about 2 cars.

It's great. Especially the sudden-brake one. Most of my cars are rock solid, especially my Tailgater, so when they ram into me, my car is still mint and their car looks like it got hit by a train. LOL

• iBUCKEYE likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Morals apply everywhere.

You must be a real douche IRL.

Well, I wouldn't do any of the things you mentioned other than 'picking on people' in a GAME designed for that purpose.

No it's not.  Are you serious?  Now I understand your outlook on everything.  GTA was never designed to pick on other people.  It's an optional way to play the game, just like griefing.

• Xyn, MsWolfe and Cornbat like this

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

OP, do you gain pleasure from annoying others? If so then by all means... its just a game anyway.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yes asshole it's wrong.

Well, I wouldn't do any of the things you mentioned other than 'picking on people' in a GAME designed for that purpose. The reason is that all those things ACTUALLY harm people.

I think you should be more hesitant in using the M word unless it is part of a self description.

Except I wasn't making a comparison, My point is that those things are obviously wrong and so is ops question.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Um, ....... yes!

Is argument another feature of the world that you mysteriously classify as 'wrong' without argument?

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Um, ....... yes!

Is argument another feature of the world that you mysteriously classify as 'wrong' without argument?

I don't see where this is coming from.

ikelofe
  • ikelofe

Prankster

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

I think that's wrong.

I only did it once, cause the guy had a bounty, and surprisingly decided to try on some clothes..

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:33 PM Edited by watchclock, 27 January 2014 - 12:34 PM.

Morals apply everywhere.

Well, I wouldn't do any of the things you mentioned other than 'picking on people' in a GAME designed for that purpose.

No it's not.  Are you serious?  Now I understand your outlook on everything.  GTA was never designed to pick on other people.  It's an optional way to play the game, just like griefing.

Why does it prominently display a K/D ratio then?

Well there we disagree and can neither speak for the designers. But even if you are right about that, in game 'violence' is still in no way analogous to actual violence - at all.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Douches gonna douche.

• Toke, Xyn, We Are Ninja and 1 other like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Um, ....... yes!

I do a lot of nonviolent trolling. Outrunning an Adder and driving backwards to piss them off, suddenly braking when someone's following you, blocking the LSC entrance with about 2 cars.

It's great. Especially the sudden-brake one. Most of my cars are rock solid, especially my Tailgater, so when they ram into me, my car is still mint and their car looks like it got hit by a train. LOL

I like being in shops(or in most cases the barber) while I have a bounty on me.

I went all the way to the very northern barber shop in the country, and had not one damn person anywhere near me as I entered. Sure enough, 30 seconds into it, I've got a dumb ass trying to shoot me while I'm in the chair. To make a long story short, 1 idiot turned to 2. 2 turned to 4 and within 10 minutes, the majority of the lobby was in the country. Unfortunately for them, while they were beating the sh*t out of each other, I went off radar and got the f*ck outta dodge.

Good times.
  • MsWolfe likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Morals apply everywhere.

Here we go. Another person who can't deal with how some play GTA and has to resort to name calling.

How did you come up with that conclusion on my life? Are you another amateur psychologist like certain others on here?

It's a game, NOT REAL LIFE !!! Have you ever killed any NPC's or police in the game or do you have some in game morals that prevent that?

If i kill you in a shop or blow up your car, i expect consequences. Being spawn-killed 10 though is laughable lol

• Bongsquirrel likes this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Morals apply everywhere.

Here we go. Another person who can't deal with how some play GTA and has to resort to name calling.

How did you come up with that conclusion on my life? Are you another amateur psychologist like certain others on here?

It's a game, NOT REAL LIFE !!! Have you ever killed any NPC's or police in the game or do you have some in game morals that prevent that?

If i kill you in a shop or blow up your car, i expect consequences. Being spawn-killed 10 though is laughable lol

>NPCs

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Yes asshole it's wrong.

Except I wasn't making a comparison, My point is that those things are obviously wrong and so is ops question.

So should I go to prison?! If you don't want to make comparisons don't make comparisons. Ironically "those things are obviously wrong and so is ops question" is ALSO A F*CKING COMPARISON whether or not you call it one!

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Um, ....... yes!

I like being in shops(or in most cases the barber) while I have a bounty on me.

I went all the way to the very northern barber shop in the country, and had not one damn person anywhere near me as I entered. Sure enough, 30 seconds into it, I've got a dumb ass trying to shoot me while I'm in the chair. To make a long story short, 1 idiot turned to 2. 2 turned to 4 and within 10 minutes, the majority of the lobby was in the country. Unfortunately for them, while they were beating the sh*t out of each other, I went off radar and got the f*ck outta dodge.

Good times.

And that is how you deal with someone who's trying to shoot at you in a shop. Knowing how to escape from there is part of the fun

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Morals apply everywhere.

>NPCs

Precisely. I think some folks forget there's a real flesh and blood person on the other side of the screen. Same reason why people on forums are assholes, I suppose...

• Xyn, Biohazard Abyss, MsWolfe and 1 other like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Why does it prominently display a K/D ratio then?

Well there we disagree and can neither speak for the designers. But even if you are right about that, in game 'violence' is still in no way analogous to actual violence - at all.

Because K/D has always been a prominent stat in games.

But that doesn't mean Rockstar is telling you go kill people who don't want to be bothered to improve it :whuh:

You comparing NPCs to real players just like that other guy.

Makes NO sense.

• MsWolfe likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Um, ....... yes!

I don't see where this is coming from.

What's wrong with starting an argument? I made very clear my view after the op question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users