Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it wrong to kill players who are using shops?

642 replies to this topic
TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Ok, so before last night I was neither for or against as I just play for fun, it happens to me, I've done it to others very very rarely if its somebody I had earlier had a confrontation with, whatever.

Last night I found a guy in a store, I was with 3 other crew including my wife's character.  We seemingly all decided to let them be and a few of us bought some clothes alongside him.

Afterwards we walked outside and kinda just all stood around taking photos n sh*t.  Oh we burnt a random NPC for fun but that was as far as weapon usage went and was in no way aimed at the random guy we found in the store.

So a few moments pass and all of a sudden he pulls out his shotgun and blasts my wife away.  Strange choice to make when you are a lower rank against a crew of 4.  He got spawn killed till he left which is the norm for players who think our lower ranked members are easy fodder.

So in conclusion, I will no longer take the risk, just like with car customization, if they are there to long or seem to be camping then its lights out.
It's a game, it involves crime and murder, things are bound to happen that annoy or disrupt you.  Get over it if its an issue or use passive.

Not defending him (as I don't believe that's required), but he probably thought he'd get the first kill, assuming you were waiting for him.  Let's face it, you can't blame someone for thinking a group of 4 white dots outside the shop are aiming to misbehave.

I know what you mean, but in this instance I had even done the obligatory 'salute/gun away/back turned to show vulnerability' sequence which seems to either gain you a friend or begin a war without you having to fire the first shot on a normal day.  We all acted friendly like I said, saluting, buying clothes n sh*t.  I do get your reasoning though, some people are paranoid and in most circumstances, rightly so.  But he waited a long time, too long to still be wary of us before deciding to act.  
He had no crew and may even have got an invite to join us had he been kool.  Also like I said though, its a game, we all get over it.  Its just fun.  He tried to be badass and got owned, I admit I have done the same in the past.  Its all good.  Its GTAO!

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Ok then I'll add you when I get home tonight then we can have a big K/D ratio fight kind of thing. What's your gamertag again? I forgot it.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ok then I'll add you when I get home tonight then we can have a big K/D ratio fight kind of thing. What's your gamertag again? I forgot it.

PS3 - watchclockgit (I kid you not).

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'll spend most of the session avoiding you, then kill you, then avoid you, then kill you, then go to apartment and then leave - probably.
  • sexboxlive likes this

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

You could argue that a Cheetah stalking a Gazelle who is just minding his business is a "coward" for being sneaky. But I can't think of any good predator that doesn't use stealth and or suprise

You're comparing an animal killing to survive, to some dude bothering a dude in a video game.

Or just describing how crime works compared to sports.

You know there is a valid response to that. In other words sexboxlive would rather go for someone who does not pose a threat to kill rather than after someone who he will most likely lose to

This is true, I would beat up a small child to make myself feel big

I would also put your golden retriever in a sharpshooter, if I thought it would raise my K/D ratio

Actually I prefer Machiavelli and Sun Tzu to Rambo. So while you are shopping for clothes and dragging your knuckles in free roam flinging feces at each other in an "honorable" way, I'll be watching though my scope

None of what you said has any relevance to Machiavelli or Sun Tzu.  :sly:

Strategy my son

Victorious warriors first win then shoot. Losers shoot then seek to win

• DrDetroit likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yo watch, sorry I didn't get to add you today. I've been, uh, getting Yankton plates.

You can add me if you're on right now, I'll accept tomorrow though. Still got school and stuff. PSN TeammateAssist

Anyway, if you got a mission and a slot's open, just invite me. I'm always in, so the only reason I'm not in is the stupid bug where it assumed you wanted to host your own mission instead.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

You could argue that a Cheetah stalking a Gazelle who is just minding his business is a "coward" for being sneaky. But I can't think of any good predator that doesn't use stealth and or suprise

You're comparing an animal killing to survive, to some dude bothering a dude in a video game.

You know there is a valid response to that. In other words sexboxlive would rather go for someone who does not pose a threat to kill rather than after someone who he will most likely lose to

I would also put your golden retriever in a sharpshooter, if I thought it would raise my K/D ratio

Actually I prefer Machiavelli and Sun Tzu to Rambo. So while you are shopping for clothes and dragging your knuckles in free roam flinging feces at each other in an "honorable" way, I'll be watching though my scope

Strategy my son

Well put.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

I think it's a bit of a dick move, but it's fair play if you're not on passive. I've done it before and I've also trapped my friends in the shop for laughs. So I'm not going to demonise anyone who does the same; it adds more diversity to the game.

I tend to go on passive to buy clothes because I get bored and like to dress up my character. Weird thing was that some guy still managed to put a 9k bounty on me. I don't know if he was hacking but he was like rank 300+ so yeah, I was concerned.

I was in Ponsonby's and of course, like 4 guys stormed the place and tried to kill me. Obviously didn't work because I was on passive but it closed the shop. One of the guys even tried shooting me with an RPG, set the shop aflame but didn't hurt me at all. Most people don't give a sh*t if you're shopping, a kill is a kill.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by Doktor Gott, 29 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Most people don't give a sh*t if you're shopping, a kill is a kill.

Given what some people wear, they deserve to die in the shop if they look like they're perpetuating their crimes against fashion...

:D

• codename_duchess likes this

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

it's wrong but it feels so right.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 29 January 2014 - 05:12 PM.

I think it's a bit of a dick move, but it's fair play if you're not on passive. I've done it before and I've also trapped my friends in the shop for laughs. So I'm not going to demonise anyone who does the same; it adds more diversity to the game.

I tend to go on passive to buy clothes because I get bored and like to dress up my character. Weird thing was that some guy still managed to put a 9k bounty on me. I don't know if he was hacking but he was like rank 300+ so yeah, I was concerned.

I was in Ponsonby's and of course, like 4 guys stormed the place and tried to kill me. Obviously didn't work because I was on passive but it closed the shop. One of the guys even tried shooting me with an RPG, set the shop aflame but didn't hurt me at all. Most people don't give a sh*t if you're shopping, a kill is a kill.

You can put bounties on people who are in passive mode.  It shows their blip as red and tells them that they have a bounty, but the timer doesn't start going down to they disable passive.  Once disabled they obviously can't go back :p

If that happens to you then get ready for multiple vehicle attacks!

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Yes.

F*ck off, please.

/thread

• Xyn likes this

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

After camping on top of Ponsonbys for a couple of hours hoping the OP might turn up and slowly losing the will to live. I realized I don't care much about this any more. Not really. It's from reading some of this bloated thread. (I know I'm adding). It's one kill, one death and a wake up call for the victim. I've had over 3000 deaths, I'm quite good at it. But, I think only 2 or 3 or so have been in shops. I might in future message a noob, I pass in a shop, that I could have splatted them on that jumper dummy thing if I could work out the door swing timing. No, maybe not.

You were waiting for me?! Did you add me? (No) basically you were waiting for something extraordinarily unlikely to happen - like standing on the street waiting to see someone drop a 20! Do you have any idea how many times 16 goes into the number of people playing this game at any one time?! And by the way I always check for campers

Yes, me and my crew all in tanks, taking it in turns to be off the radar. That last bit is very interesting. This whole player ambush seem far more logistically complex than I first thought. You must first check for campers on the roof, kidding you their in the shop. OP must have been a victim of this before. Sneaky that, can't have that happening again. Next where is the player in the shop. Do I go in, walk about and jerk or just peek through the window. They may escape if I'm not quick. Different layouts. Can I reach the back of SubUrban with a sticky or is a RPG better? But what about the doors, the damn doors! Maybe a friend could stand keeping them open and I could show my sniping skills from the other side of the street. No, too hard I give up.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

You were waiting for me?! Did you add me? (No) basically you were waiting for something extraordinarily unlikely to happen - like standing on the street waiting to see someone drop a 20! Do you have any idea how many times 16 goes into the number of people playing this game at any one time?! And by the way I always check for campers

People drop 20's! In the streets! Where?

Everywhere

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Much better threads than this have been filled with memes.

• Nomad0202 likes this

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'll spend most of the session avoiding you, then kill you, then avoid you, then kill you, then go to apartment and then leave - probably.

Sounds brave with all that avoiding and leaving sessions. Guess my ratio scared you off lol

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

My first kill and death in GTAO was in the first clothing shop after the prologue. Someone had shot through the doors and all hell broke loose. Good times.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

You added me yet watch? I got PSN mobile, which is completely freaking useless, but I can respond to friend requests.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Sounds brave with all that avoiding and leaving sessions. Guess my ratio scared you off lol

'brave', 'scared' - what the f*ck are you talking about?

You added me yet watch? I got PSN mobile, which is completely freaking useless, but I can respond to friend requests.

I just did.

dtsmucker
  • dtsmucker

CTID

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

It's not wrong. It's a dick move, but that's not wrong in GTA.

So why is it not wrong for gta, but ok for others?

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

Yo, I tried replying to the friend request but it was bugging out, watch. What kind of freaking mobile app is this stupid thing?

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Yo, I tried replying to the friend request but it was bugging out, watch. What kind of freaking mobile app is this stupid thing?

Ok, whenever you get round to it.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Just added you man. I'm just, uh, getting the lifted mesa.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Strategy my son

I'll give you the props for the attempt to link it back to Sun Tzu there, a bit tenuous, but the props are yours. Still no relevance to Machiavelli though. That's going to be harder. But I believe in you, even if nobody else does.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Wondered what had bumped this so much. Usual hollow posturing. Thought so.
Note. Ego boosting through video games = low grip on reality.
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:38 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 30 January 2014 - 01:38 PM.

Wondered what had bumped this so much. Usual hollow posturing. Thought so.
Note. Ego boosting through video games = low grip on reality.

Totally.  Also, ego boosting through forums = low self esteem.

• codename_duchess likes this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Can I correct that to 'false self esteem'?
To counter those who think they're completely awesome despite all evidence to the contrary.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Anyone smell a bromance?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Can I correct that to 'false self esteem'?
To counter those who think they're completely awesome despite all evidence to the contrary.

By all means.  I usually consider the two to go hand in hand anyway, as the people with low self esteem are quite often the most outwardly arrogant, due to compensation.

Anyone smell a bromance?

No.  It must be your feet :p

• Nomad0202 likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by watchclock, 30 January 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Strategy my son

I'll give you the props for the attempt to link it back to Sun Tzu there, a bit tenuous, but the props are yours. Still no relevance to Machiavelli though. That's going to be harder. But I believe in you, even if nobody else does.
What's amusing is you probably think he was talking about 'The Prince' - I infer that from 'harder'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users