Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it wrong to kill players who are using shops?

642 replies to this topic
Alarming
  • Alarming

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

It's a dick move. I even had friends do it and gone off at them saying that it is a dog move.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

No. If you are silly enough to use shops without passive mode on, you have it coming.

I once had a guy drive into the shop on a bike because I was shopping in passive mode and try to run me over.  He also sent me a text telling me to get out of his territory.  What a marvelous chap he was.

Aggressive passives are the scum of GTA:O

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

Don't get wrong here I'm not saying I think its a good thing but anyone who plays online often enough knows that any moment where your defenses are down you are easy prey.

yes it is a dick move and when i first started playing it really frustrated me but i have just accepted that Its just the nature of the online beast.

Much like spawn killing and apartment campers, in a free roam environment people will always sink to low levels and resort to cheap tactics because well, they can.

Best to be smart and just passive mode it to save the headaches.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Allvater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

At least it sucks to become a victim of that, it's wicked. Once I got killed 3 times in 2 days while changing my clothes. These players stormed the shop, shot the cashier and me, then they drove off. Since then I use passive mode when I'm changing clothes or I constantly check the radar and wait in front of the store to shoot on sight if I see someone approaching.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

You're killing someone that is using a clothes shop. It's basically killing someone that's AFK.

It's retarded.  Then when I exact revenge and spawn-kill you 10 times in a row and leave the session, I get called a pussy, as usual.

It's also equivalent to trying to kill someone who's in passive mode.  You're taking the time out of your day to go kill someone that obviously wants people to leave them the hell alone.  It's pathetic.

Nobody ever kills me 10 times in a row, I am too good.

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:48 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 27 January 2014 - 11:48 AM.

What ? suicide ? am i the only one who uses playlists to teleport ?

Are you a teetotaler or something? Pisswasser it up for the teleport.
  • Cincy32 likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

It´s not "wrong", it´s retarded.

Only K/D whores and griefers do it, and both collectives are scumbag.

• We Are Ninja, Timely and Cokecan72 like this

The Guy 393
  • The Guy 393

Rat

• Members

At least wait for them to come out side with the feeling that they're ok....*splat*

I used to do that but I got so fed-up of waiting once that I accidentally fired a sniper round and killed the guy in the shop, since then I just run in guns blazing.

I just think they're being careless.

I totally agree ... you gotta makem pay for slipping ...

I sometimes forget to go passive before entering a shop and from time to time someone will run in see me and go back out to wait 4 me ... shame ... all I do is join a job. Not gonna give who ever an easy kill.

MrJaffaJugs
  • MrJaffaJugs

Rockstar lied. There isn't any jaffa cakes in GTA.

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory

We were all doing worse things back in III, VC and SA before we even had multiplayer. Why is everybody so persistent on being so holy and innocent now?

To AI, not real players.

Very silly thing of you to say :whuh:

It doesn't matter whether it's AI or a real player, you're still doing things deemed shameful and wrong. We all lost our dignity and self respect when we dropped hoes over cliffs in cars to their untimely deaths, going on rampages burning people alive on vice city and throwing bricks at old ladies on gta 4. You're playing a game named after a crime, since when were they right and wrongs to this game? I've personally never done this but what's so shameful about it? I can name a handful of things we all do on these games that are much, much worse.

• watchclock likes this

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Another way to kill passives is with the fire hose on the fire engine. I had some little sh*t giving me the finger in passive mode yesterday until I dialed 911 and stole myself a fire truck.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

At least it sucks to become a victim of that, it's wicked. Once I got killed 3 times in 2 days while changing my clothes. These players stormed the shop, shot the cashier and me, then they drove off. Since then I use passive mode when I'm changing clothes or I constantly check the radar and wait in front of the store to shoot on sight if I see someone approaching.

Last night I got this c*ck in an entity while he was in Ponsonby's near LSC. I went round corner, thinking he'd make chase and I'd have some fun - instead he WENT STRAIGHT BACK IN THE F*CKING SHOP!!!

I had to put him down again for such carelessness.

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Leave me alone, I just wanna go shop... BAM!

Yes, it is a very dick move. I don't want to feel as if I'm constantly hunted, especially when I'm in a situation where I can't even defend myself.

• Xyn and theGTAking101 like this

Psycholoons
  • Psycholoons

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by Psycholoons, 27 January 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Killing is killing, doesnt matter where it takes place. The cops will take care of you at some point for doing it, so all is fine.

• watchclock likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

It doesn't matter whether it's AI or a real player, you're still doing things deemed shameful and wrong. We all lost our dignity and self respect when we dropped hoes over cliffs in cars to their untimely deaths, going on rampages burning people alive on vice city and throwing bricks at old ladies on gta 4. You're playing a game named after a crime, since when were they right and wrongs to this game? I've personally never done this but what's so shameful about it? I can name a handful of things we all do on these games that are much, much worse.

Dude with your logic right there

Tank rampage against cops online = Blowing up everyone in the lobby repeatedly with a tank

It's a video game.  Just cause it's called Grand Theft Auto and is about crime doesn't justify people being douchebags.

• Xyn, M210F and MsWolfe like this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

What ? suicide ? am i the only one who uses playlists to teleport ?

Are you a teetotaler or something? Pisswasser it up for the teleport

If only i could hold 100 Pisswassers.

• Jolly SWAGman and MsWolfe like this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

It´s not "wrong", it´s retarded.

Only K/D whores and griefers do it, and both collectives are scumbag.

Well I am a K/D whore (although I don't understand the analogy because I'm not the one getting f*cked - and there's no financial exchange at all). I don't use a tank I use my brains. I'm guessing you're a controller jumbling noob, hence the sour grapes.
  • Cincy32 likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

No, consumerism is a disease and bullets are the cure.

Sounds like the modern day Cobra lol

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

I want to say it's just as wrong as killing someone in Passive Mode, but obviously the only reasoning people can provide is "it's gta looser dont be stupid lol go to inv only". So whatever. It's "wrong".

It's a super prick move though. I get that you can't fight someone on even ground, but having an advantage like literally as they shop is the stupidest cheap kill I've heard.

But whatever. You go reason out your cheap kills, your griefing, your killing people in Passive Mode. Whatever makes you come out as the good guy in your head, Trevor.

• MsWolfe and Timely like this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:00 PM Edited by watchclock, 27 January 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Tank rampage against cops online = Blowing up everyone in the lobby repeatedly with a tank

It's a video game.  Just cause it's called Grand Theft Auto and is about crime doesn't justify people being douchebags.
Getting the timing right on shop kills makes it very different from the tank. It's very exciting thinking they might be leaving just as you pull up. This has happened a few times and some great gun scraps have ensued. One time a guy was camping on top of ammu-nation waiting for me.

MrJaffaJugs
  • MrJaffaJugs

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

What's so bad about being blown up by a tank when you can just simply exact revenge, get over it and move on? 

Some people care way too much about this sh*t. It doesn't matter whether you're being killed in a shop, in the middle of the street or in your apartment while you're sleeping. Killing is killing. I didn't try to justify it, I just simply questioned why everybody was trying to act to innocent when they know full well what goes on in the game and what to expect. If you didn't expect stuff like this to happen then that's on you.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Getting the timing right on shop kills makes it very different from the tank. It's very exciting thinking they might be leaving just as you pull up. This has happened a few times and some great gun scraps have ensued. One time a guy was camping on top of ammunition waiting for me.

That can be fun.  Go on the roof of a shop and go passive and to everyone else it looks like you're inside.  Since you're on the roof you'll have plenty of protection in the 10 seconds that you can't do sh*t but can get killed, and then the fun can begin.

• codename_duchess and watchclock like this

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

What's so bad about being blown up by a tank when you can just simply exact revenge, get over it and move on? 

Some people care way too much about this sh*t. It doesn't matter whether you're being killed in a shop, in the middle of the street or in your apartment while you're sleeping. Killing is killing. I didn't try to justify it, I just simply questioned why everybody was trying to act to innocent when they know full well what goes on in the game and what to expect. If you didn't expect stuff like this to happen then that's on you.

I assume sportsmanship is a foreign concept to you?

• Xyn, M210F, Biohazard Abyss and 3 others like this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:05 PM Edited by watchclock, 27 January 2014 - 12:06 PM.

I want to say it's just as wrong as killing someone in Passive Mode, but obviously the only reasoning people can provide is "it's gta looser dont be stupid lol go to inv only". So whatever. It's "wrong".

It's a super prick move though. I get that you can't fight someone on even ground, but having an advantage like literally as they shop is the stupidest cheap kill I've heard.

But whatever. You go reason out your cheap kills, your griefing, your killing people in Passive Mode. Whatever makes you come out as the good guy in your head, Trevor.

What you are doing is imposing onto the game your own definition of 'even ground' and fairness. I'm using the same game engine as you, I'm not modding or glitching - explain to me how this doesn't constitute 'even ground'. It means you have to use your brain and not just your trigger finger, maybe THAT's your grievance?
  • huckmonkey likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

I can answer for him.

"Sportsmanship? That's for losers. I'm all up killing in this sh*t. Kill kill kill pew pew."

• StockPoop and MrJaffaJugs like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

There are no rules in GTAO, so sportsmanship doesn't come into it.

• huckmonkey, MrJaffaJugs and watchclock like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 27 January 2014 - 12:09 PM.

Getting the timing right on shop kills makes it very different from the tank. It's very exciting thinking they might be leaving just as you pull up. This has happened a few times and some great gun scraps have ensued. One time a guy was camping on top of ammu-nation waiting for me.

Your intentions are still cheap, whether or not the outcome was fun or not. 

Like other's said, you're trying to kill someone who most likely can't even defend themselves.  I really don't care if I see someone trying to sticky bomb someone for no reason while they're both on the move in cars.  It's fair game.

This?  No.  

• MsWolfe likes this

MrJaffaJugs
  • MrJaffaJugs

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

If you're playing right now I seriously hope somebody blows you up repeatedly with a tank in the next 5 minutes. There is no sportsmanship in this game, only winners and losers. If you want to help your fellow man out, then so be it. 9/10 times you're going to get get shot in the face as soon as you get within a 50 yard radius of somebody.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

You're killing someone that is using a clothes shop. It's basically killing someone that's AFK.

It's retarded.  Then when I exact revenge and spawn-kill you 10 times in a row and leave the session, I get called a pussy, as usual.

It's also equivalent to trying to kill someone who's in passive mode.  You're taking the time out of your day to go kill someone that obviously wants people to leave them the hell alone.  It's pathetic.

Slight overreaction for being killed You moan about being killed inside the shop yet you'll spawn-kill 10 times. Just suck it up and get on with the game

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Is it wrong to steal from a baby?

Is it wrong to push over the elderly?

Is it wrong to punch someone in a coma?

Is it wrong to dropkick a pregnant woman?

Is it wrong if I pick on someone who otherwise can't defend themselves?

Yes asshole it's wrong.

Are you a moron who can't tell right from wrong? You might be if you're OP.

• Xyn, theGTAking101, FasterThanYou and 4 others like this

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by Deceitful-Fox, 27 January 2014 - 12:13 PM.

You know, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Where's the challenge in killing a defenceless player or someone who doesn't want to fight? I COULD spin out everyone at the start of a race and completely annihilate the competition, but I don't. You know why? Because I enjoy a challenge, and everyone should have a fair shot. 

• theGTAking101, Timely, TeammateAssist and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users