Photo

What to do about my Lost Cat?

39 replies to this topic
jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:22 AM Edited by jeremy34567, 27 January 2014 - 11:35 AM.

I lost my cat about a week ago he ran out the car into the woods while taking him to the vet , its too far to know where our house is so i doubt he will find he way back him

anyways I'm really mad and  sad the cat i really liked died a year ago cause of a kidney stone 

any tips or something i can do to help get him back

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Depends on the kind of escape. Just putting a 'familiar' box/carrier at the spot of the escape would have worked the next day.

If you had kept the cat indoors for a week at its new home it can find its way 'home'. Check the previous home as well.

I had a cat disappear for a couple of months, believed it 'stowed away' in a friends vehicle (who lived in the next town). He came home (skinny) with his paws swollen three months later.

At least you have an idea that it was not 'taken' by a testing lab.

Also, check the animal shelter, and homes in the neighborhood of the escape.

Put up Wanted lost animal Posters in the area including the supermarkets and other stores.

I don't like your second paragraph, it implies if not saying outright, that you don't really want the cat back... :(

• John Smith, Osho and RedBull FM like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Adding to what weasel suggested: the only thing I can advise you to do (if you haven't already) is to make sure you report it to your local vets. I remember a few years back, my brother and I were having a drunken night at his place, and when we got up to go get some breakfast the next morning, there was this random dog lying, shivering outside my brothers front door. 

So not really knowing what the hell to do, we took it down to our local vets, where if I remember correctly, were told they couldn't take it in at the time for some reason, to which my brother offered to look after it for a while. Low and behold, a few hours later he got the phone call from the vets saying the owner was down there waiting to be reunited with their dog, and reunited they were.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

Report it to the media.

I once reported a parrot of mine was lost and it was all on the news. I got reported back that it got KIA.

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Depends on the kind of escape. Just putting a 'familiar' box/carrier at the spot of the escape would have worked the next day.

If you had kept the cat indoors for a week at its new home it can find its way 'home'. Check the previous home as well.

I had a cat disappear for a couple of months, believed it 'stowed away' in a friends vehicle (who lived in the next town). He came home (skinny) with his paws swollen three months later.

At least you have an idea that it was not 'taken' by a testing lab.

Also, check the animal shelter, and homes in the neighborhood of the escape.

Put up Wanted lost animal Posters in the area including the supermarkets and other stores.

I don't like your second paragraph, it implies if not saying outright, that you don't really want the cat back... :(

sorry i want the cat back too but its my sister's cat this time so she is the heartbroken one 

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Did your kitty have a collar on with your name/phone number engraved in it?? 

And like what the others said above, put leaflets up and maybe go around the spot where the kitty left the vehicle with a packet of cat food. :^:

• Empty World likes this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:08 PM Edited by RedBull FM, 27 January 2014 - 01:12 PM.

Have you got pictures him? Print hundreds of missing posters, and post it everywhere.

• high91 likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Get a tracking dog. He'll find it!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

And probably kill it after.

• Mr. House likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'd go to the woods where the cat escaped with a can of tuna and a pet carrier. Walk around and look for a water source and park yourself there for a few hours if it's isolated. Open the can, call the cat's name, and wait. If there are homes nearby you should check around there, especially homes that leave their garages open or have cats of their own.

In my experience indoor cats rarely want to be outdoor cats. It's probably looking for a place to stay if it hasn't found one already. And once they find easy food and water they tend to stay nearby.
  • high91 likes this

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

Call CNN. Just make sure to tell them this cat is somehow related to Justin Bieber. That should pique their interests. 

• jeremy34567 likes this

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

It's probably already dead bro, RIP.

Why say that?

reported the troll for that. this guy is a joke.

Anyway, me and my GF have four cats at the moment (and a 9month old baby boy who loves them) <3

One of our cats (ALFIE)  is a NON- NEUTERED male.  He is nearly 3 now and goes out for periods of about 3 months at a time. He comes home for a few days to eat and sleep and get well rested before he goes out again to mate his balls off.  He stays out in rain, thunder, snow and all other weather patterns and just does not come home until HE is ready to.  Cats are really wild in their heads and live off instinct. I bet your cat will come home soon, hungry and wet or covered in bits of foliage. Ours likes to come home with cuts and scratches. He is one hell of a fighter and has recently acquired a split ear from fighting...the silly animal :p

Your cat will be fine, Just be sure to scan the area with a pack of treats and shake them and call the cats name.  Yes people will look weird at you but who cares on the safe return of your cat.

good luck :) you wont need it I bet.

• WBaker and jeremy34567 like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

get another cat.

/thread

• Mr. House likes this

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'm pretty sure the cat will someone come back to you?

• jeremy34567 likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I hate to be such a heartless c*nt but honestly, you should have got a dog.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by haythem09, 27 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

One of our cats (ALFIE)  is a NON- NEUTERED male.

Glad to hear.

qO6nc.jpg

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

I have two dobermans but I recently
Lost my cat a town away like in the first post

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

I hate to be such a heartless c*nt but honestly, you should have got a dog.

cause dogs never get lost or anything idiot.

• Rougarou likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

I lost my cat about a week ago he ran out the car into the woods while taking him to the vet , its too far to know where our house is so i doubt he will find he way back him

anyways I'm really mad and  sad the cat i really liked died a year ago cause of a kidney stone 

any tips or something i can do to help get him back

i know that feel bro

I lost 3~5 cats already, i love cats

my f*cking neighbors hate animals and thats why I hate them and wish they die slow in a fire

• high91 likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Sounds like you may need to get a new cat.

I have a recommendation for your new cat; transport it in a carrier.

Doesn't your vet require cats to be in carriers when in the waiting room?
  • jeremy34567 likes this

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

It's probably already dead bro, RIP.

Why say that?

reported the troll for that. this guy is a joke.

Anyway, me and my GF have four cats at the moment (and a 9month old baby boy who loves them) <3

One of our cats (ALFIE)  is a NON- NEUTERED male.  He is nearly 3 now and goes out for periods of about 3 months at a time. He comes home for a few days to eat and sleep and get well rested before he goes out again to mate his balls off.  He stays out in rain, thunder, snow and all other weather patterns and just does not come home until HE is ready to.  Cats are really wild in their heads and live off instinct. I bet your cat will come home soon, hungry and wet or covered in bits of foliage. Ours likes to come home with cuts and scratches. He is one hell of a fighter and has recently acquired a split ear from fighting...the silly animal :p

Your cat will be fine, Just be sure to scan the area with a pack of treats and shake them and call the cats name.  Yes people will look weird at you but who cares on the safe return of your cat.

good luck :) you wont need it I bet.

You might want to get that cat neutered, I had a cat that used to go out for weeks until he never came back.

So my family then got a new cat and he was also starting stay out for nights and eventually came home neutered and with his ear tipped, I guess he was captured and mistook for a stray. Now he comes home every night. I don't see why my family was so against getting a cat neutered as they didn't didn't even have the decency to take the old cat to the vet because of his severe injuries. So in short, I'd recommend you get you cat neutered if you don't want to wonder if he's dead everyday or before someone else does it and also tips your cat's ear.

As for the OP: I've heard strange stories of cats getting lost and coming back home, albeit with bloody paws but why didn't you put your cat in a cage in the first place?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Don't take a cat, in a car, without a carrier. Why were you taking it to the vet? was it very sick?

If it's really that far away, I don't know if there's much chance of him returning on his own. You might get lucky but not without trying. Call local vets / shelters to see if he was picked up, go back to the area and call him for a few hours, put up posters.

I'd hate to be in your situation, I'd rather know what happened to them to get that closure. Hopefully he isn't hurt or in a bad place, he may get picked up or taken in by someone.

• jeremy34567 likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:10 AM Edited by gn1992, 28 January 2014 - 12:12 AM.

yeah thats true about the carrier, if i take any of my cats into my car with no carrier they'll just meow and try to escape like crazy 

BTW, I've heard that if something bad happens to your cat, it was supposed to happen to you, but he protects you somehow. I believe that. 

• theadmiral and jeremy34567 like this

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

just found him today cause of your guys tips thank you guys from one cat lover to the next

• markwey, GTAKid667, Ciaran and 1 other like this

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Don't take a cat, in a car, without a carrier. Why were you taking it to the vet? was it very sick?

If it's really that far away, I don't know if there's much chance of him returning on his own. You might get lucky but not without trying. Call local vets / shelters to see if he was picked up, go back to the area and call him for a few hours, put up posters.

I'd hate to be in your situation, I'd rather know what happened to them to get that closure. Hopefully he isn't hurt or in a bad place, he may get picked up or taken in by someone.

it was very sick and it was limping so i thought it wouldn't run away , i wasn't moving that much at home either but once it got out of the car , the cats bolted down the road and into the road guess it was scared but now we found him a week later

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Good news then, cat's okay?

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

just found him today cause of your guys tips thank you guys from one cat lover to the next

And all was right in the world. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'm glad you found him.
  • jeremy34567 likes this

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Glad to have heard that you found him, in future use a pet carrier if you ever have to take your cat to the vet again, and em..place a towel in it just in case ;)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by lil weasel, 29 January 2014 - 07:06 PM.

[...] now we found him a week later

I would like to know how and where he was recovered. Also, did the Vet check him out.

tramp_cat-t2.jpg

???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users