Dominator. Keep it or Leave it?

92 replies to this topic
ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

Pretty simple question. What do you guys think about the Dominator? I race with the Saber Turbo but I know that the Dominator has a higher top speed. However it doesn't corner as well which is why I prefer the Saber. So now its up to looks. I'm torn on the decision honestly. I like the car I really do, but there is probably another car I could replace it with that performs well and looks the part. Any suggestions?

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:37 AM

It's a great car keep em both.
If your racing muscle cars the Gauntlet is more balanced and handles a little better than the Dominator and Sabre Turbo.
Love the way the muscle cars look and sound.
I found a Dominator in the street with chrome secondary once. Wish I would've kept that one..

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

Yes but the gauntlet doesn't have that gorgeous look to it. Besides, I've found I'm more than capable of keeping other higher performance vehicles in my rear view with the Saber. I think I 'll just get a cheetah or an entity. Though the entity is too easy to drive for me. Dare I say it would be unfair to some of my friends that I race with.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

Then you'd wanna go for the Infernus!
It's a great super car and have toasted many with it. It's got kick ass acceleration and it feels lighter than the others. With Turbo and engine upgrades its hard to beat!

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

na, Infernus is very stiff in the turns and makes it less competitive. I like the Vacca a bit better.

Scooter8299
  • Scooter8299

Ambitious but Rubbish

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Depends on what you intend doing with it. If you are going to use the Dominator for races,(like I do) while it has good straight line speed, it is extremely difficult to keep it in check round corners, especially in the wet. However if you can master it, it is a very capable car. Also, the real life car it's based on (Ford Mustang) is easily my favorite muscle car, so that's a plus. Well, more of a plus for me...

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by Deceitful-Fox, 27 January 2014 - 04:25 AM.

If you're looking for the absolute fastest muscle car that will blow everything away go for the Ruiner, but like the Dominator, you have to learn how to drive it. I would implore you not to replace a Dominator with something as bland as a supercar, but if you must, then maybe go for something that's half-way interesting like the Vacca.

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

I'd go for it but I'm not sure if I can trust it. I've been driving the Saber for so long now, it just doesn't feel right in another muscle. I did find this game's version of a Hundai Tiburon and tried it out. Not very fast, it belongs in the compacts class so it would come in handy for any races of the compact class.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

i dont see the love affair with the dominator .  i like the buccaneer , phoenix and gauntlet alot more.  as for the sabre turbo i dont like it because the rear end looks too small with those tiny rear lamps

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

na, Infernus is very stiff in the turns and makes it less competitive. I like the Vacca a bit better.

Stiff in the turns?
If you like drifting and power sliding that's not the fastest way around the track.
Ruiner is fast as hell once you get going but if you want to slow down and turn gauntlet is the one. I know it's not the most exciting muscle but if you look at the fastest times you'll see.
Test them all solo on the same track with same conditions and check your times.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

Stiff in the turns?
If you like drifting and power sliding that's not the fastest way around the track.
Ruiner is fast as hell once you get going but if you want to slow down and turn gauntlet is the one. I know it's not the most exciting muscle but if you look at the fastest times you'll see.

Man the Dominator and the Ruiner both destroy the Gauntlet when you have somebody who knows what they're doing behind the wheel. The Gauntlet might be the easiest muscle car to drive, but it is by no means the fastest. 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Stiff in the turns?

i love the gauntlet . simple yet powerful .  its my second favorite muscle car . 

Stiff in the turns?

Man the Dominator and the Ruiner both destroy the Gauntlet when you have somebody who knows what they're doing behind the wheel. The Gauntlet might be the easiest muscle car to drive, but it is by no means the fastest. 

i believe the phoenix is the fastest muscle car 

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

Stiff in the turns?

i love the gauntlet . simple yet powerful .  its my second favorite muscle car . 

Stiff in the turns?

Nah it's definitely the Ruiner, with the Dominator a close second. The Phoenix is fourth or fifth even (not to say someone with talent couldn't easily win with it). 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

Stiff in the turns?

Stiff in the turns?

Nah it's definitely the Ruiner, with the Dominator a close second. The Phoenix is fourth or fifth even (not to say someone with talent couldn't easily win with it). 

no way is the phoenix the 4th or 5th , its at worst the  third fastest

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

Well I'm pretty sure the Gauntlet is faster than it, and I'm not sure about the Sabre Turbo. 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Well I'm pretty sure the Gauntlet is faster than it, and I'm not sure about the Sabre Turbo. 

i think its the gauntlet and then the phoenix , then maybe the ruiner

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

Well... get a friend and pit the Ruiner against the Phoenix. That's all I'll say. 

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

Stiff in the turns?

No, stiff in the turns as in you have to slow down more and feather the throttle when taking tight turns. Its steering radius is also wider than most with means when you level out in turns the car won't want to change its line unless you correct your self. This is the case with the stock Infernus of course. I haven't driven a custom.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:34 AM Edited by Malibu454, 27 January 2014 - 06:35 AM.

Custom is a whole different ball game with all of them.
I disagree about the gauntlet though.
I just drove the stock dominator and gauntlet around CR and I could push the Gauntlet harder before the backend gets all squirrelly. Its in the stats it has better traction.
About 2-3 seconds faster on 3 laps
I have a modded Gauntlet and Dominator on my 2nd character I'll test then also
I just picked up a Phoenix too. I had a Ruiner a few weeks ago. I'll have to find another and mod it the same for testing.
I just got rid of a gang Bucaneer. I'll pick up another one and mod it for my second dude.
Top speed those 5 are probably real close. But your never racing in a straight line.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:44 AM Edited by Malibu454, 27 January 2014 - 06:46 AM.

Acceleration, traction, and braking make a huge difference in a race. The Gauntlet has all that. The faster you can take the turn, the faster you come out of the turn on the straights and the longer you can stay up top on the straights before braking.
Of course the driver is everything. But if your the best driver, why not have the best tools for the job (The Gauntlet)
I like the looks and style of the other cars better also. I guess it all depends what you want to do with your pixel car..
(I can't believe we're going into this much f$&king detail about a car that isn't even real!!!! Lmao)

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

Custom is a whole different ball game with all of them.
I disagree about the gauntlet though.
I just drove the stock dominator and gauntlet around CR and I could push the Gauntlet harder before the backend gets all squirrelly. Its in the stats it has better traction.
About 2-3 seconds faster on 3 laps
I have a modded Gauntlet and Dominator on my 2nd character I'll test then also
I just picked up a Phoenix too. I had a Ruiner a few weeks ago. I'll have to find another and mod it the same for testing.
I just got rid of a gang Bucaneer. I'll pick up another one and mod it for my second dude.
Top speed those 5 are probably real close. But your never racing in a straight line.

I have pretty good experience with all the muscle cars, and I race mainly in the Dominator. I've found that I can trounce any Gauntlet even with talented drivers, because the dominator has comparable acceleration but better top speed which is the most essential stat when you get down to it. Both can go around a corner equally well when you get the hang of it, but those few mph more at the top end will see you slowly but surely pulling away from the competiton. The Ruiner is without a doubt the fastest muscle car though; it has ridiculous acceleration and its top speed is equal to the Dominator. Again, if you put in the time and learn how to control the rear end those two are the fastest in their class.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Top speed is not the most essential stat unless your only racing on the Commute. What are you smoking dude?
Not every straight can you reach top speed I just explained It. I guess you didn't read it... Talk to real race car drivers they can tell you that. Then you think the Adder is the best car in the game because it had the highest top speed stat.
You say you have experience with all the muscle cars but you only race one.
Do a test and race against yourself. That would tell you which CAR is the best for you.
It all depends on the track also.
It's not like Gran Turismo where we can change the tire compounds and gear ratios.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

I've raced all of the muscle cars on all of the tracks! I assure you, I am speaking from experience here. The only reason I don't drive the Ruiner is because I like a challenge. If you can drive well, you can get up to top speed on a lot of the tracks. Now, if someone in a Gauntlet ever beat me in a Dominator, I would change my opinion, but since that hasn't hasn't happened yet I will maintain my stance. I have been beaten by fellow Dominators plenty of times, Ruiners too, but never a Gauntlet.  

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Again.. Have you raced yourself against the clock with all the cars? That would be a true test.
Try it on a few tracks. How about Downtown Underground, then try Cutting Coroners. Do a couple laps and compare.

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Without any mods, the Ruiner is the fastest around a track with Dominator being second and Gauntlet third.

But fully modded that Dominator gets first place with Ruiner close second and Gauntlet still third.

Although the Gauntlet is the easiest to drive and will get you the most consistent lap times.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Which track?

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Sorry. Cutting Coroners. I have done some extensive testing and know this track extremely well. You can also search on Broughy1322 on Youtube and check his videos out, he has gotten to the same result.

Deceitful-Fox
  • Deceitful-Fox

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

Again.. Have you raced yourself against the clock with all the cars? That would be a true test.
Try it on a few tracks. How about Downtown Underground, then try Cutting Coroners. Do a couple laps and compare.

Well I just went to check and it tallied up just as I expected.

Ruiner - 1:17:53

Dominator - 1:18.30

Gauntlet - 1:19:50

All were modded fully, except for the Dominator which had stock brakes because I prefer them. Now it's worth mentioning that I play religiously with traffic on, catchup off, but I did turn traffic off for this test. 

ringtone7
  • ringtone7

GT3 Endurance Champion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Well I just went to check and it tallied up just as I expected.

Ruiner - 1:17:53

Dominator - 1:18.30

Gauntlet - 1:19:50

All were modded fully, except for the Dominator which had stock brakes because I prefer them. Now it's worth mentioning that I play religiously with traffic on, catchup off, but I did turn traffic off for this test. 

I'll put them all to the test as well, see what I come up with. But I'm doing it with stocks because I don't want to spend the money. I will also put up photos of the times, so you know I'm not yanking your chain. Its gonna be later on today though, have to get through class first.

chippywippy
  • chippywippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

the ruiner is the best

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users