Adder soon to have functional spoiler?

40 replies to this topic
Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm pretty curious why the Adder is the only super without spoiler option.

I know they have a functional spoiler that goes up at high speed IRL, if they didn't plan that, wouldn't they just have an option to keep it up as a custom spoiler? And if it does not function at all, why would they implement it with secondary color?

Tell me your ideas.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Wait. U can't put a spoiler in the adder?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

It's the worst car in the game, least customizations for it. It also handles like crap.

• tom_p1980, lizardman563, Bonnano and 1 other like this

Lochnessgray
  • Lochnessgray

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

That would be awesome. The lack of spoilers and the strange ability to change the color of that strip where the spoiler could be leads me to think it was supposed to function. Would be awesome if it worked as an air brake like the veyron.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

That be awesome. Flying on the highway at top speed and then the spoiler engages.

Details niggas...........details..

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

Lol another whining,Tell me another Openworld game that have deep car customisations as GTA 5 (and dont even mention San Andreas).

Lochnessgray
  • Lochnessgray

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

All I have to say is it'll have to wait till gta pc

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

Lol another whining,Tell me another Openworld game that have deep car customisations as GTA 5 (and dont even mention San Andreas).

He's not whining, I actually agree with him. People can have opinions opposite of yours, and regardless if you think they matter or not you can't write everybody off who has a negative opinion about this game if they have a valid complaint. GTA V customization isn't even all that deep to be honest, it's quite basic.

• kvic, poklane and SingularSoul like this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

It's the worst car in the game, least customizations for it. It also handles like crap.

Also, its ugly as hell. I'll never understand why anyone thinks a super car looks nice. 

• DaRkL3AD3R, Bonnano and SingularSoul like this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

Even though I personally don't like the series... I must tell you that Saint's Row's car customization is worth mentioning.

• SCOOBASTEEB likes this

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Lol another whiner, tell me another Open world game that have deep car customization as GTA 5 (and don't even mention San Andreas).

What does this sentence have anything to do with what I typed? I started a discussion on what your opinion why it was, like it was (reasons stated in OP).

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 27 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Even though I personally don't like the series... I must tell you that Saint's Row's car customization is worth mentioning.
Lol did you just say Saints Row have deep car customisation like GTA 5? That a joke,even SA's Car Customisations (a game that was out before Saints Row even existed)is 100x better than Saints Row.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Lol another whiner, tell me another Open world game that have deep car customization as GTA 5 (and don't even mention San Andreas).

What does this sentence have anything to do with what I typed? I started a discussion on what your opinion why it was, like it was (reasons stated in OP).

Apologise OP,i am not writing anyone of(including you) but the complain threads are "TOO MUCH".

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

They might not bother. Even though small details like that are great I just can't see R* putting time in to it.

On a side note, I remember when they started adding the Veyron in to race games and the spoiler did nothing.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Also, its ugly as hell. I'll never understand why anyone thinks a super car looks nice. 

Couldn't have said it any better  :^:

I'd take a four-door sports car:

Dewbauchee_Exemplar_%28Front%26Side%29-G

Over this ugly piece of tumour any day:

fdabk4.jpg

• DaRkL3AD3R and SingularSoul like this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

I agree with you there, lol ^^^^

But see, to some, LOOKS isn't everything.  Especially in a video game.  Some just want to collect and drive the fastest cars possible.  Which are clearly the 7 Super Cars (Entity XF, Adder, Vacca, Infernus, Voltic, Bullet, Cheetah) in the game, and SEVERAL of the Sports Cars, like the Carbonizzare, Feltzer, Elegy RH8, Comet, Surano, Banshee, 9F, Fusilade, Sultan, Coquette, Rapid GT, etc.

The Exemplar is a nice car, I agree, though.  There is decent Coupes like the Ocelot F620, Cognoscenti Cabrio, Zion, Jackal, and of course the Exemplar.  Even though these cars are great looking AND fast, the Sports class and Super class will usually go faster.  But then again, we can own them ALL.

• Bonnano likes this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 27 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

Lol did you just say Saints Row have deep car customisation like GTA 5? That a joke,even SA's Car Customisations (a game that was out before Saints Row even existed)is 100x better than Saints Row.

You seriously think that SA and V have a deeper car customization than SR? Come on, dude, enough with the GTA dickriding. SR got GTA beat in car customization. And this is coming from a huge SA fan, too.

To stay on topic: I also find it weird that the Adder doesn't have a spoiler. I thought that it would've had the automatic spoiler at least.

It's not really my type of car anyways; I'm more of a luxury/sedan type of person. :D

• .DJS. likes this

trident60
  • trident60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:57 PM Edited by trident60, 28 January 2014 - 03:40 PM.

fdabk4.jpg

I like how you compare a dumbass chromed out Adder with those stupid dollar sign rims to a plain-jane Exemplar as a reference of looks. Put that same sh*t on an Exemplar and have the Adder plain and it'd be the same thing vice versa.

I just bought an Adder yesterday - completely modified it, kept the racing stripes and primary color all black so it essentially doesn't have any racing stripes. Gave it, imo, better looking rims and that was it as far as looks. Honestly, I always thought the Adder lacked in the looks category myself, but the solid black all the way through isn't bad. Not a whole helluva lot off the Exemplar in your picture - if that's the kind of look you like. And the performance... As if an Exemplar is going to touch it. It's like the Cheetah, only faster which is why I think it's handling isn't quite as good. But that's why I bought the car, for it's performance. The decent/pretty good looks has been a plus. 

• TheAdmiester and Loxley like this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

fdabk4.jpg

I like how you compare a dumbass chromed out Adder with those stupid dollar sign rims to a plain-jane Exemplar as a reference of looks. Put that same sh*t on an Exemplar and have the Adder plain and it'd be the same thing vice versa.

I just bought an Adder yesterday - completely modified it, kept the racing stripes and primary color all black so it essentially doesn't have any racing striped. Gave it, imo, better looking rims and that was it as far as looks. Honestly, I always thought the Adder lacked in the looks category myself, but the solid black all the way through, isn't bad. Not a whole helluva lot off the Exemplar in your picture - if that's the kind of look you like. And the performance... As if an Exemplar is going to touch it. It's like the Cheetah, only faster which is why I think it's handling isn't quite as good. But that's why I bought the car, for it's performance. The decent/pretty good looks has been a plus. 

I am only basing it in looks. Of course Adder performance is gonna tear the Exemplar a new anus. It looks mediocre. I dunno, it lacks something that the real life Veyron has, atleast for me.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Adders look good when they are not chromed out. Here is mine.

0_0.jpg

• Sprue and TheAdmiester like this

trident60
  • trident60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

fdabk4.jpg

I just bought an Adder yesterday - completely modified it, kept the racing stripes and primary color all black so it essentially doesn't have any racing striped. Gave it, imo, better looking rims and that was it as far as looks. Honestly, I always thought the Adder lacked in the looks category myself, but the solid black all the way through, isn't bad. Not a whole helluva lot off the Exemplar in your picture - if that's the kind of look you like. And the performance... As if an Exemplar is going to touch it. It's like the Cheetah, only faster which is why I think it's handling isn't quite as good. But that's why I bought the car, for it's performance. The decent/pretty good looks has been a plus. 

I am only basing it in looks. Of course Adder performance is gonna tear the Exemplar a new anus. It looks mediocre. I dunno, it lacks something that the real life Veyron has, atleast for me.

I'm not saying it looks incredible. It's alright when properly painted with decent rims. My point on looks was it was a bit ridiculous to take one of the worst type of paint jobs in general - chromed out - plus some of the dumbest rims in the game - dollar sign - and use that as a basis why a certain vehicle looks terrible. In my opinion any vehicle in the game would look ugly with that setup. Adding in the performance was just a huge bonus on being able to look past the looks of it. 

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:04 PM Edited by Militia, 27 January 2014 - 08:06 PM.

Adders look good when they are not chromed out. Here is mine.

0_0.jpg

Mine is Metallic Black (Primary Color) and the Stripes (Secondary Color) I have one of the Metallic Red color options.  And one of the high end tires which are colored normal alloy or whatever color, plus everything else upgraded completely.  I am no car buff in real life whatsoever, but in the game, I think the Adder is a great car, of course there is more cars I'd rather drive over the Adder being fast or not though.

My overall favorite vehicle in the ENTIRE game is the Carbonizzare.  I have a Lime Green colored one with the smallest Carbon spoiler/wing.  I also gave it sport tires (I forget which ones) with a red color for the tires.  Really like this car for overall traction, speed, acceleration, and braking.  I also own it as Franklin so his special ability comes in handy time to time.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

You seriously think that SA and V have a deeper car customization than SR? Come on, dude, enough with the GTA dickriding. SR got GTA beat in car customization. And this is coming from a huge SA fan, too.

To stay on topic: I also find it weird that the Adder doesn't have a spoiler. I thought that it would've had the automatic spoiler at least.

It's not really my type of car anyways; I'm more of a luxury/sedan type of person. :D

It not d*ckriding that my opinion,and yeah as a GTA fan that my true opinion,i hate Saints Row anyways,plus it started as a gang game then turned into a retarded sh*t.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

It not d*ckriding that my opinion,and yeah as a GTA fan that my true opinion,i hate Saints Row anyways,plus it started as a gang game then turned into a retarded sh*t.

Regardless if you hate Saints Row, or if you're a die hard fan of GTA, SA and V didn't have deeper customization. SA's customization was as basic as you can make anything, and V's customization was about on par with Saints Row 2. I do agree with you though, after SR2 it just became bizarre and f*cking stupid.

trident60
  • trident60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Regardless if you hate Saints Row, or if you're a die hard fan of GTA, SA and V didn't have deeper customization. SA's customization was as basic as you can make anything, and V's customization was about on par with Saints Row 2. I do agree with you though, after SR2 it just became bizarre and f*cking stupid.

In SR IV the mission's lacked and the story was blurred to me, but the premise behind being in a "matrix" kind of environment that allowed for super powers was pretty good. There's something be said when I'd rather run and glide with my character to travel than use a car or jet. 

At least SR allows for storyline co-op... Hello Rockstar (GTA).

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Great reply.But IMO GTA 5 had a great vehicle Customisation.and also remember Saints Row began two year after SA and the first two games were heavily influenced by SA but then the 3rd and 4th game killed a very young franchise.i loved Saints Row2 even though everyone saw at a GTA SA rip-off and the wackier version but after that i hate the Franchise.In Everyones eyes including me Saints Row cant compete with GTA ever again cus GTA is the Dominant Ruler (King) of the Openworld Genre.Yeah some openworld games does some things better than GTA but GTA crushes them all,it always ambitious with new releases for a 16 year old Franchise.
  • Blingy likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Just to stop the quote-train:

I didn't want to start a flame war here between GTA/SR fans. I was pointing out that SR in customization is WAY over GTA V. Just look at character customization...

Also. I somehow understand why SR took the direction it has now. GTA is a big franchise and since Rockstar released the first game waay before even the idea of SR existed, it couldn't take the role of Grand Theft Auto... so they've had to do something about the tone of the game, which led to its cartoony approach of TPS freeroaming.

I agree that SR 2 was something that made me think about regularly buying titles from the series, but SR: The Third proved that even over-the-top gameplay can be f*cked up... 

But the point here was that SR has better customization in terms of characters, and vehicles.

• Moonshield and Blingy like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

I didn't want to start a flame war here between GTA/SR fans. I was pointing out that SR in customization is WAY over GTA V. Just look at character customization...

Also. I somehow understand why SR took the direction it has now. GTA is a big franchise and since Rockstar released the first game waay before even the idea of SR existed, it couldn't take the role of Grand Theft Auto... so they've had to do something about the tone of the game, which led to its cartoony approach of TPS freeroaming.

I agree that SR 2 was something that made me think about regularly buying titles from the series, but SR: The Third proved that even over-the-top gameplay can be f*cked up... 

But the point here was that SR has better customization in terms of characters, and vehicles.

Great Comment OP,and sorry for being Off topic.and yeah i agree with what you said.btw what with Saints Row and The Last of US fanboys here? Or do we need "Raavi and Fuzzleknucle to ban them"? I hope not but they should know this is a GTA Forum.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

I'll take handling over flashy paint jobs and ridiculous rims any day. Saints Row's driving has always been meh to absolutely awful.

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Chrome adders, chrome adders everywhere. Rapid gt is better. <3
On-topic: That would be cool.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users