Quantcast

» «
Photo

Key off fixes car anyone else ever experience this?

4 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Okay yesterday I went to check some vehicle codes. After doing a key off the car runs like new. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

The only thing I can think is that you have an intermittent problem.  Doing the key off procedure to look up your CEL codes does nothing to fix any problems.

• ryuclan likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

The only thing I can think is that you have an intermittent problem.  Doing the key off procedure to look up your CEL codes does nothing to fix any problems.

Good point anyway the car has never ran so good 191 miles short of 200k I have never been so damn proud

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by ryuclan, 01 February 2014 - 05:46 PM.

I don't know how old your car is, but if you were having issues calculating fuel mixture (bad O2 sensor, leaking injector, bad MAF) then the calculated values will be stored in the vehicle until it's all cleared and fixed. Now, whether you physically fixed anything or not is a different issue. It could be that the vehicle was repaired for one of these issues but never got it's KAM reset, maybe you reset it doing your procedure. That would bring everything back to baseline.

Take this with some Sodium Chloride. Car's running, that's all that matters.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

I don't know how old your car is, but if you were having issues calculating fuel mixture (bad O2 sensor, leaking injector, bad MAF) then the calculated values will be stored in the vehicle until it's all cleared and fixed. Now, whether you physically fixed anything or not is a different issue. It could be that the vehicle was repaired for one of these issues but never got it's KAM reset, maybe you reset it doing your procedure. That would bring everything back to baseline.

Take this with some Sodium Chloride. Car's running, that's all that matters.

The key procedure won't clear anything, though.  That will only tell you the error code.  The only ways to clear the code are to use a code reader or to hard reset the computer by disconnecting the battery long enough for all electricity to leave the system (you can also turn on the lights or honk the horn after disconnecting battery to make this faster).

Also, if the problem is actually fixed, just driving around for about 100 miles or so will clear the code.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users