Quantcast

» «
Photo

The next big GTA game needs to be the last one.

21 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

In my opinion, the next GTA game, wich I think will come out 2017/18 has to be the last one. I cant see R* expanding GTA even more, bringing in another universe and era. So if they will give the next GTA game vice city, it also needs other cities so it will feel expanded and sh*t. So yeah, do you guys think the next big gta game will be the last one? 

PS: not just that, but if they release the next big gta game in 2017, it will be the 20 anniversary of GTA, what a perfect way to celebrate by releasing the last game. 

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

This is wayyyyyyyyyyyy to early to talk about this.

• lizardman563 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Lol infact in GTA will be 20 years in 2017 (1997-2017).and they will continuing making GTA for Years until in not interesting anymore (Dan Houser Said this.I can predict 2-3 GTA games on Next Gen,Two Spin-offs (subtitled games) and then a Main Game,GTA 6.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

Ending the GTA Series? You silly knob you.

Perhaps instead of CREATING a new universe, they expand the CURRENT one? We still got Carcer City, Vice City, and so forth to go on!

• lizardman563 and Rented like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Killing series bringing developers and publishers million of dollars right in its prime. I can't see that to happen.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Perhaps instead of CREATING a new universe, they expand the CURRENT one? We still got Carcer City, Vice City, and so forth to go on!

Great Comment bro,and those could be subtitled games just as Vice City and San Andreas were in the 3D Era.

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

Deadpoolio The Amazing

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

As long as they have ideas for more and people have interest in it, I don't see that happening.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

1. GTA Games now a days come out every 5-6 years so I dont see them loosing any steam that quickly.

2. GTA V is one of the biggest and best selling games in history, this is a series high point. The only time we talk about ending the series is if the games start getting bad. Even if this is Rockstar, they are still a big company. And big companies dont "Quit while their ahead" they try to get as much money out of a franchise as possible.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 January 2014 - 08:32 PM.

OP infact the Creators of this Legendary Franchise (Rockstar North) said they have "45 YEARS OF IDEAS PLANNED FOR GTA".

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

As long as they have ideas for more and people have interest in it, I don't see that happening.

How bout 45 years worth of ideas :)

http://www.vg247.com...-the-franchise/

• Lowi likes this

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

Deadpoolio The Amazing

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

How bout 45 years worth of ideas :)

http://www.vg247.com...-the-franchise/

I can imagine myself in the retirement age still playing GTA... :D

• Hodgey. likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Wait I still dont understand why you think the next GTA should be the last one. Because you dont think R* can/could expand this universe much more? It seems to me OP you wanted to create a topic and put no thought into it whatsoever. They still have plenty of options in this universe alone before they even need to make another. They have alot of locations they can create, characters, time periods etc. The next GTA will probably be as big as GTA V if not bigger so why would R* stop making the game series that makes them the most money? Answer..... they wouldn't.

a-zAo_-
  • a-zAo_-

Gta SanAndreas and Gta V is # 1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

I don't see rockstar ending GTA on it's fans

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 27 January 2014 - 03:04 AM.

GTA will be 20 years in 2017,it would run for another 20 years or even more,there are 15 GTA games currently,before 2020 there would be a total of 21 games.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Last GTA? Loooool no!!!

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:04 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 29 January 2014 - 05:05 PM.

I never said them doing another universe.. I said them continuing the HD era, you silly knob. 

LOL funny how there are so many GTA dick humpers in this thread.. Look, I love GTA, I have played it since I was 6, Nuff said. I was just making a point, it may not be that way, but yeah its still ok to me. I am just saying that the next BIG GTA Game, (Wich has to be called VI, it may not even come out in 2017/18) but I said it may have to be the last one. Not just that, in 45 years the Houser brothers ( the main people in R*) will die. WHO IS GUNNA TAKE OVER YOU IDIOTS? I cant see some random dude taking over the franchise and ruining it. Its gunna be some stupid idiot who is PG and will water down GTA. It has to end one day, I accepted it. And if the next big gta game is the last, why not make it huge and big..? Like I said. Stop being such big dick humper. I love GTA to, but I dont take it as a second life. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I never said them doing another universe.. I said them continuing the HD era, you silly knob. 

LOL funny how there are so many GTA fanboys in this thread.. Look, I love GTA, I have played it since I was 6, Nuff said. I was just making a point, it may not be that way, but yeah its still ok to me. I am just saying that the next BIG GTA Game, (Wich has to be called VI, it may not even come out in 2017/18) but I said it may have to be the last one. Not just that, in 45 years the Houser brothers ( the main thing in R*) will die. WHO IS GUNNA TAKE OVER YOU IDIOTS? I cant see some random dude taking over the franchise and ruining it. Its gunna be some stupid idiot who is PG and will water down GTA. It has to end one day, I accepted it. And if the next big gta game is the last, why not make it huge and big..? Like I said. Stop being such big dick humper. I love GTA to, but I dont take it as a second life. 

The guy aint silly,infact your thread is silly.(no offense).

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 29 January 2014 - 09:07 PM.

There are 3 problems (imo) that face the GTA series and have been taken pretty much head on.

1. They (R*) will run out of ideas.

2. The series will turn into CoD and become over saturated in the market.

3. The fans don't want GTA anymore/ Declining sales.

Leslie Benzies and the Houser brothers have gone on record saying they have many many ideas for the future of GTA.

Problem 1 solved.

GTA releases every few years. Take Two (The publisher) said they want to keep it that way. No every year or every other year releases.

Problem 2 solved.

The fans are rabid and really want GTA. It continues to sell millions with each release.

Problem 3 solved.

As long as there is money coming in and ideas, GTA isn't going anywhere. It's inevitable though that ideas for places in the U.S. will run out one day. They will either create made up locations or go to locales across the world.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 30 January 2014 - 01:00 AM.

There are 3 problems (imo) that face the GTA series and have been taken pretty much head on.

1. They (R*) will run out of ideas.

2. The series will turn into CoD and become over saturated in the market.

3. The fans don't want GTA anymore/ Declining sales.

Leslie Benzies and the Houser brothers have gone on record saying they have many many ideas for the future of GTA.

Problem 1 solved.

GTA releases every few years. Take Two (The publisher) said they want to keep it that way. No every year or every other year releases.

Problem 2 solved.

The fans are rabid and really want GTA. It continues to sell millions with each release.

Problem 3 solved.

As long as there is money coming in and ideas, GTA isn't going anywhere. It's inevitable though that ideas for places in the U.S. will run out one day. They will either create made up locations or go to locales across the world.

Great Comment bro. and again GTA 5 is only 4 months old and it has sold a whopping 30.5ml copies combined making it the #1 best selling game in the GTA Franchise with SA coming #2 with 27ml copies and GTA 4 #3 with 25ml copies. Plus GTA 5 break an all time record earning $1bn in 3days.as long as Rockstar Exist GTA will live on.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

Notice how GTA,a 16 years old Franchise (3 years till it 20th year) isnt among this list,and it Older than every franchises in this video except Sonic.here is it:

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Why? There's still so much unearthed potential. This series can't end before it's tackled the 1970s or does VC again.

Among so much more.

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

I can't see them to throw in the towel any time soon, for various reasons. Why would they stop creating products for a franchise that is, and will be for a long time, one of the greatest gaming series of almost two decades. But I can really see them screwing up VI if they did what they did with V - release a trailer way too early. If they fix their previous mistakes, and I'm praying they will, the next GTA will out-lead the others by miles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users