Does anyone still go back to GTA IV?

455 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Of course, I haven't played V for a while because I'm re-100%ing this game again.
  • Chad Warden likes this

78 lil red express
  • 78 lil red express

the fastest thing you could buy in 1978

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

I will play gtv iv till my hands are so bad with arthritis that I cant use a mouse and keyboard. this game and the dlc's are the best games I have ever played. it is a masterpiece. if they don't release V for pc that will be the last game I buy from :r*:

• im_stoned likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

No, Los Santos is much better than liberty city.

Of course. That is if you're legally blind and have no taste.;)
  • super_slav, lol232, namor and 3 others like this

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Let put it this way I bought V in October,it's the end of January and I haven't touched V in three weeks,but I play IV at least 2 hours a day.

• im_stoned likes this

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Of course. That is if you're legally blind and have no taste. ;)

No, you have no taste ;)

• lafincow12 likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Mmmm no. No, it's you who is blind SOL. You're blind due to your fanboyism. I hope DM can straighten you out and make you realize that V is superior. DM and I are saving you, from yourself. 

• boxfish566, Lowi and lafincow12 like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 29 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

Clam your tits, both of you. Vice City is the best.

• Node, Mick. and im_stoned like this

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Go back to GTA IV? Watching the trailers for V I thought I would never pit it back in my console. However, several hours into the game I couldn't wait to finish V so I could replay IV again. Beat it within a month and haven't stopped playing IV since the end of October (with a break after XMas - brand new PS4 and ACIV took up a great deal of personal time). Why? It feels far more like a complete product, together with TLaD and BoGT, there's more atmosphere and personality to the city, much better protagonist and supporting characters. longer and better scripted story, better and far more enjoyable driving and damage physics, better utilised Euphoria engine etc etc.

The only thing V did better was improve on the combat mechanics and graphics. IV was far more immersive than V and there was more detail in the world, it feels alive. I tend to role play in most open world games, I couldn't do that with V.

• TheOtherRyan, suicidehummer, QuietJosh and 2 others like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Mmmm no. No, it's you who is blind SOL. You're blind due to your fanboyism. I hope DM can straighten you out and make you realize that V is superior. DM and I are saving you, from yourself. 

Who is the fanboy? Liberty talks about how much he likes GTA IV in the GTA IV section. You go into the GTA IV section to attack the game and say how much better GTA V is, not because of the good things about V, but the "bad" things about IV.

Get a life, man.

• suicidehummer, Jeansowaty, Governator and 1 other like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Who is the fanboy? Liberty talks about how much he likes GTA IV in the GTA IV section. You go into the GTA IV section to attack the game and say how much better GTA V is, not because of the good things about V, but the "bad" things about IV.

Get a life, man.
I was joking. I don't know why people are so damn serious on here. Hell, even SOL knows that I'm joking. If I wasn't then he would've sent me a warning or something.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Get a life, man.
I was joking. I don't know why people are so damn serious on here. Hell, even SOL knows that I'm joking. If I wasn't then he would've sent me a warning or something.

sh*t. My bad.
Apologies, mister, thanks for being civil.
You never know with all the idiots and trolls on the forums; and by "idiots and trolls", I mean people who don't agree with my opinion. :p

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

GTA V fan knows if he steps out of line I can just change things in his profile like I done the other day .:p

LowiPL that goes for you too.;)

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

To be completely honest, I haven't gone back to play IV.

I have no need to because I'd rather just leave it as it is. It was a great game in the series and had an amazing storyline but going back to play it again would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Not only because the graphics aren't that amazing (not saying they are bad) but mainly because why would I want to play it again. I played it once and I deemed it a classic. You can't play something that is classic as you did the first time you experienced it; doesn't work that way, well for me at least.
  • cshllb likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:43 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 30 January 2014 - 07:46 AM.

To be completely honest, I haven't gone back to play IV.

I have no need to because I'd rather just leave it as it is. It was a great game in the series and had an amazing storyline but going back to play it again would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Not only because the graphics aren't that amazing (not saying they are bad) but mainly because why would I want to play it again. I played it once and I deemed it a classic. You can't play something that is classic as you did the first time you experienced it; doesn't work that way, well for me at least.

I would have missed so much of the game if I just played it once. I discover little intricacies and plot details that I missed in my first play through everytime I replay the game, which makes me appreciate the brilliance of this game alot more.

Now 6 years later, I'm still discovering areas and things in LC that I've never noticed before. This is a game that you need to playthrough thoroughly to truly appreciate.

The graphics are great even by todays standards, the only thing that annoys me slightly is the choppy framerate but its easy to overlook that

• Packing_Heat, kvic and namor like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

GTA V fan knows if he steps out of line I can just change things in his profile like I done the other day . :p

LowiPL that goes for you too. ;)

Oooh. I am sooo scared. Please don't do it.  :cry:  

:p

sh*t. My bad.

Apologies, mister, thanks for being civil.
You never know with all the idiots and trolls on the forums; and by "idiots and trolls", I mean people who don't agree with my opinion. :p

Okay, I accept your apology. Have a cookie as proof.  :cookie:

Let's be real, all of us here are cool except for SOL.  :p

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

I CAN CHANGE HIM

P.S., LS > LC. Chop > Niko.

• Captain Arthur likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

I CAN CHANGE HIM

P.S., LS > LC. Chop > Niko.
Good. You can kick some sense into him. You're the best person who can change him.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

I wear the pants in this relationship.

LC>LS, Niko> every character in GTA V.
  • super_slav and Jeansowaty like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

I wear the pants in this relationship.
LC>LS, Niko> every character in GTA V.

Shut yer trap. You'll anger DM. He'll kick your ass.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Oh it's on. Me, you, 50 pages of greater-than-symbols. YOU WILL LOOK AT THEM UNTIL YOU BELIEVE. YOU WILL BELIEVE. I might throw in something about GOTYs making the game objectively better. Maybe I'll use M$ instead of MS cause I'm edgy like that. f*ck I'm such a rebel.

• TheOtherRyan, The Odyssey, Captain Arthur and 2 others like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Oh it's on. Me, you, 50 pages of greater-than-symbols. YOU WILL LOOK AT THEM UNTIL YOU BELIEVE. YOU WILL BELIEVE. I might throw in something about GOTYs making the game objectively better. Maybe I'll use M$ instead of MS cause I'm edgy like that. f*ck I'm such a rebel.

You're not cheating on me with redx are you?

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I have thought about it, but know. Played RDR a bit since GTAV though

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I personally kinda like to get back to IV every now and then, especially since I haven't yet played V much and don't own it yet. Being quite a fanboy of San Andreas, probably one of the most "non-realistic" game of GTA-series, it's nice to go back to dark Liberty City. Also, there's a lot of unfinished business left... Darn achievement hunt!

And, just for comparing, I usually tend to aim for a bit more realism in San Andreas while modding it, and I like to play IV to get some reference about what I'm aiming for, how I could improve existing mods, and what would be nice to try to implement in an older game.

Playing The Lost and Damned brings me deeper into the cruel world of Liberty City, where gangs either kill, or get killed. A bit exaggarated presentation of real world gangs, but fits well in a game. When it comes to The Ballad of Gay Tony, it brings me a bit closer to third era GTA's with it's more rampage-styled attitude. "Take this golden helicopter armed with missiles and take down those guys!" Loved that aspect of the game, nice contrast to an era that is otherwise so gritty and realistic.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

What if he was? You cheated on him with Niko didn't you?

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

I'm sorry. YOU'RE NEVER THERE. I couldn't help myself.

OP: I can't anymore. It feels like a major step down. The feeling will pass in a few months, but right now, it's just unplayable for me. Basically the same way I felt when Vice City came out, when San Andreas came out, etc.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

I got you a new copy of GTA IV for you for our honeymoon and now you're telling me it's going to be unplayable?

Thanks for crapping on my heart, thanks a lot.

I need to be held by some big strong arms right now.:(

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

I got you a new copy of GTA IV for you for our honeymoon and now you're telling me it's going to be unplayable?

Good. I hope you never get happy again in your life.

BTW, I stole your new copy of IV. I just took a crap on it.
  • TheOtherRyan likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

You 2 seem angered with each other. Maybe both of you should just go rent out a movie and snuggle on the couch. 

• TheOtherRyan and Jeansowaty like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

You wouldn't do that.
  • dapil likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:29 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 30 January 2014 - 01:29 PM.

I need to be held by some big strong arms right now. :(

You wouldn't do that.

I did. If you'd search for your new copy, you will see that it disappeared.

Plz don't tell the LCPD. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users