Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Do you think the OFFICIAL ending will be when the SP dlc is relea

131 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

Especially when you factor in that all heists except Vangelico needed all 3 characters, plus a crew.

I think it's cool that we got multiple endings, I just fail to see how anyone can take A or B seriously, in the context of DLC that specifically mentions all three guys...I'm kind of surprised there isn't more general consensus.

I always thought, pre-V's release, that the trio would be the only crew members. Trevor would be the muscle, Franklin would be the getaway driver, and Michael would be the mastermind.

Turns out that virtually none of that's true.

• Lil_B_The Basedgod likes this

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

I think we may see the return of a guy called officer tenpenny.....

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

@universetwisters:

Really? I seem to remember crew members being mentioned around the same time as the GI preview where we found out more about Trevor. Stuff like, cheaper hackers may not be helpful in certain situations or something like that. Who knows, I might only be thinking that because I own the game now...

I guess the 'best case' would be if R* leaves out whichever character was killed, if any. But, they probably have a more specific way they want their expansion story to play out.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

They mentioned you would hire crew members from the start.

However, I thought we would be able to choose not to hire them and simply use M, T and F if we wanted to.

Or at least, I thought Franklin would act like a getaway driver a lot more than he did.

• Lil_B_The Basedgod likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

@universetwisters:

Really? I seem to remember crew members being mentioned around the same time as the GI preview where we found out more about Trevor. Stuff like, cheaper hackers may not be helpful in certain situations or something like that. Who knows, I might only be thinking that because I own the game now...

I guess the 'best case' would be if R* leaves out whichever character was killed, if any. But, they probably have a more specific way they want their expansion story to play out.

I always thought the only crew member they would need would be a hacker, locksmith, extra gunman, etc. Now, it seems like the members are running the show and you're just playing ball with them.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

I think that depends on what crew members are used. The cheaper guys are usually just happy to be there, Packie and Chef being exceptions. Speaking of crew members, it seems at least hopeful that our choices and living/experienced crew members will be available in expansions.

Also, Franklin is the getaway driver in a lot of missions, it's just a matter of what character you are playing as, at certain points in missions. For example, when leaving the UD (Obvious approach) if you are playing as M when you kill all the NOOSE it's impossible to switch to F after.

Anyway to bring it back on topic, I hope it actually expands on choices I've made with the heist approaches, instead of being a standalone game, or missions that happen before The Big One. R* seem interested in investing more into the story, maybe it will be what some have felt was missing?
  • CanOdope likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Life in the Big City

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

Ending A: Trevor returns from Hell

Holy cats! I think that would sell well.

Trevor and Brad return from the dead, leading an ever-replenishing army of zombie brothers that Franklin and Michael have to fight without end.  :p Win-win for everybody. 

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

If Bioware can pull off having choices effect the progress of the story, then Rockstar should be able to as well.

I personally believe the DLC will incorporate the players final decision for where the DLC continues from.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

What the f*ck is canon anyway?? Seriously, does it mean that it happened in real life?? I dont get it. Its whatever the player picked. Same way it happend in IV. They didnt mention it.

Startug
  • Startug

Next stop, San Fierro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

It was ending D. Franklin invited Mike and Trevor to meet up Devin for coffee. they talked. No one had to die. The end.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by cp1dell, 09 February 2014 - 04:30 AM.

What the f*ck is canon anyway?? Seriously, does it mean that it happened in real life?? I dont get it. Its whatever the player picked. Same way it happend in IV. They didnt mention it.

Canon is what is actually part of the story. Like if someone were to write some fan-fiction for GTA V, it would not be canon. It isn't official.

If the Story DLC goes off of one of the endings (most likely C since Rockstar said it would CONTINUE the adventures of MICHAEL, TREVOR, AND FRANKLIN) that would be considered the canon ending since that is the one Rockstar is choosing to go off of to continue V's story.

This happens all the time with games that have multiple endings, but aren't centered around choices like Heavy Rain, or The Walking Dead. Take inFamous for example. inFamous 2 follows the Good ending from the first game, and inFamous: Second Son is following the Good ending from inFamous 2 - that is the canon choice for the player. The option to be bad is still there, but the writers have an official story and choices in mind.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yeah I'll be disappointed if it goes off of A or B, especially B, but if that's what happens - so be it. At least we get a confirmation on what ending happened.

In all honesty I don't want a confirmation "what ending really happened". They should do the "the ending that happened is the ending the player picked" thing, otherwise they ruin the idea of choices for me if they put and "official" one in it.

Like they did with the ending in IV, not a mention of what ending really happened in the games that happened afterwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users