what gave you the idea that it would "most likely be that way?"

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

LUK4
  • LUK4

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

what gave you the idea that it would "most likely be that way?"

well, if sp dlc has any connection with main story or outcome of it, those a, b and c options I would make it like that, cause it would be stupid for dlc to continue after B, for example, and you chose A...

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

If they did end up doing some type of DLC after the story i'm positive they would use ending C. That said I think the DLC will take place mid story.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'm pretty certain it'll be before the ending, focusing on missions unrelated to the main story, similar to LA Noire's DLC.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

This sh*t better be free like the Beach Bum DLC was or else Rockstar is another EA.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

FFs there is no "official" ending. All endings are canon, or none of them are, depending on how you see it. 

What I'm trying to say is it's the player's choice and they're not going to do anything to contradict that. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

FFs there is no "official" ending. All endings are canon, or none of them are, depending on how you see it. 

What I'm trying to say is it's the player's choice and they're not going to do anything to contradict that. 

Yes they will.

If there's going to be a sequel, or a DLC that takes place after, there has to be a canon ending.

Case-in-point: The new Infamous: Second Sun game. There were 2 endings in the game before it. It's only going off one ending (Don't remember which one).

So, yes, there is a canon ending. And that ending is most likely (99%) C

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yes they will.

If there's going to be a sequel, or a DLC that takes place after, there has to be a canon ending.

Case-in-point: The new Infamous: Second Sun game. There were 2 endings in the game before it. It's only going off one ending (Don't remember which one).

Well, the DLC could be Franklin in Las Venturas after events GTA V, and no mention of Michael and Trevor.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Yes they will.

Well, the DLC could be Franklin in Las Venturas after events GTA V, and no mention of Michael and Trevor.

Then how is it continuing the story of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor if it's just Franklin?

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 28 January 2014 - 06:53 PM.

Yes they will.

Then how is it continuing the story of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor if it's just Franklin?

Well, since Rockstar lied abt Packie not returning in GTA V, I don't trust their words anymore.

It could be Franklin, but storyline continues, it could also be a new character ur controlling. Who knows.

But I hope they won't make any ending canon as canon endings ruin the player's freedom to chose what happens in the storyline. What's the use of a choice if one choice is described as incorrect and the other being correct? 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Well, since Rockstar lied abt Packie not returning in GTA V, I don't trust their words anymore.

It could be Franklin, but storyline continues, it could also be a new character ur controlling. Who knows.

R* lied to us so that we could be surprised. 

If they told us that Packie was returning, then we would be spoiled.

And no, it can't be a new character. See, a character like Packie being put into the game without our knowledge is possible. But, a new protagonist isn't possible.

I don't think that they would lie about something like this. 

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

R* lied to us so that we could be surprised. 

If they told us that Packie was returning, then we would be spoiled.

And no, it can't be a new character. See, a character like Packie being put into the game without our knowledge is possible. But, a new protagonist isn't possible.

I don't think that they would lie about something like this. 

Then they could hv said sth like "We can't confirm or deny Packie is back or not" or "Packie won't be back in a major role", but saying "Packie's not in GTA V", that was an outright lie!!!

And by the way, apart from the rumor Claude and Claude Speed are the same person, GTA never uses twice the same protagonist. Yes, Claude, Toni Cipriani, Vic Vance, Niko, Johnny and Luis are featured in more games, but only once as playable.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Then they could hv said sth like "We can't confirm or deny Packie is back or not" or "Packie won't be back in a major role", but saying "Packie's not in GTA V", that was an outright lie!!!

And by the way, apart from the rumor Claude and Claude Speed are the same person, GTA never uses twice the same protagonist. Yes, Claude, Toni Cipriani, Vic Vance, Niko, Johnny and Luis are featured in more games, but only once as playable.

Yeah, they said that so they wouldn't spoil the surprise for us.

About the protagonists only being playable once, can't they make something new? Now it's a law that they can't use the same protagonists twice? 

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, they said that so they wouldn't spoil the surprise for us.

About the protagonists only being playable once, can't they make something new? Now it's a law that they can't use the same protagonists twice? 

Well,

It's tradition in GTA. Next game = new protagonist. And especially since this is DLC, it makes more sense to see the same story from other character's perspective. 

And what if they want to surprise us again? Now all the fans are thinking "Ah, boring... Same city, same main characters... Only new missions"

Then DLC releases, everyone will be excited "Wow, we can play as Steve Haines, Devin Weston and Wei Cheng!!!"

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if they make the DLC dependant on the players choice in SP. In other words, certain characters wont be a part of the DLC if they were killed off.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Well,

It's tradition in GTA. Next game = new protagonist. And especially since this is DLC, it makes more sense to see the same story from other character's perspective. 

And what if they want to surprise us again? Now all the fans are thinking "Ah, boring... Same city, same main characters... Only new missions"

Then DLC releases, everyone will be excited "Wow, we can play as Steve Haines, Devin Weston and Wei Cheng!!!"

Yeah, but this isn't a new game, it's a DLC.

They also can't possibly design a new map and new main characters. It's clear that they'll continue with the same ones we have now for character development.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Well,

Yeah, but this isn't a new game, it's a DLC.

They also can't possibly design a new map and new main characters. It's clear that they'll continue with the same ones we have now for character development.

I believe same city, but not same main characters.

Like TLAD and TBOGT DLC in GTA IV. They won't continue story. That would ruin the closure of the story. They would just show the story from other character's perspective.

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

All of the HD universe protagonists have been to jail, except for Trevor...

which is kind of funny cus Trevor with a mental aggressiveness havent been to jail,and also Johnny had not gone to jail,so it not just Trevor.
Johnny went to jail four times. So yes, Trevor IS the only HD era protagonist that didn't go to jail.

Durin the Paledo job Trevor admits to doin four months for armed robbery.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

well, we've had two protagonists named claude and two protagonists named Michael(mike)

anyways, when its revealed that C is cannon, im gonna laugh at everyone who was wrong. just like I laughed at the people that said multi protags would NEVER be in a gta game...

@CJ killed Ryder

What's the use of a choice if one choice is described as incorrect and the other being correct?

Because sam and dan houser are the ones writing the story, so they have the freedom of doing whatever they want with it...
and also because the other two endings would be considered "alternate endings" compared to C...

I also don't understand how people could think that this...

substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor 's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas.

could mean this...

OMG NORTH YANKTON BRAD TREVOR MICHAEL B4 EVENTS OF THE STORY MOOOOODDDEEEEEE!!!!!!11111!!!11

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Think they'll work around having an official one with the DLC, but the ending that they'll give hints to as being canon in future GTAs will be C.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by Deus Ex, 28 January 2014 - 09:15 PM.

So it's confrimned that DLC will happen, good...

All of the HD universe protagonists have been to jail, except for Trevor...

which is kind of funny cus Trevor with a mental aggressiveness havent been to jail,and also Johnny had not gone to jail,so it not just Trevor.
Johnny went to jail four times. So yes, Trevor IS the only HD era protagonist that didn't go to jail.

It's kinda ironic...

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 28 January 2014 - 09:49 PM.

well, we've had two protagonists named claude and two protagonists named Michael(mike)

anyways, when its revealed that C is cannon, im gonna laugh at everyone who was wrong. just like I laughed at the people that said multi protags would NEVER be in a gta game...

@CJ killed Ryder

What's the use of a choice if one choice is described as incorrect and the other being correct?

Because sam and dan houser are the ones writing the story, so they have the freedom of doing whatever they want with it...
and also because the other two endings would be considered "alternate endings" compared to C...

I also don't understand how people could think that this...

substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor 's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas.

could mean this...

OMG NORTH YANKTON BRAD TREVOR MICHAEL B4 EVENTS OF THE STORY MOOOOODDDEEEEEE!!!!!!11111!!!11

When I mean, if they put a canon ending in it, what's the use of having a choice in it if the other choice is useless "unofficial" anyway? Why not just one ending in it?

In my opinion, if u put choices in the game, then don't do canon ending. It ruins player freedom, it ruins the fun of the idea behind choices.

Oh, they didn't say continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's story, they say continue their action, so Michael, Trevor and Franklin might not even appear in it. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

GTA has being and always will be a Series of Stand-alone games,new Protagonist(s),new Storylines Themes etc rather than a Direct-Sequels or Prequels and it been that way since it Birth in 1997.But as some people said,GTA 5 might be the first game to break that Long Tradition by continue the Game from already existing Protagonist in this case 3.Rockstar even teased it in the article "CONTINUING-Micheal,Franklin and Trevor's-ADVENTURES".That what we need to know.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

@CJ killed Ryder
Are you serious?
I just said that the other two would be alternate endings...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51955/gta-online-update-free-deathmatch-race-creators-this-week-captur.html 
and my quote came DIRECTLY from the rockstar newsire, so they are gonna appear in it...

I  swear you must have a thick skull...

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 01 February 2014 - 06:39 PM.

I swear to god, GTAForums is the only place I see where, for some reason or another, people seem to think Ending C isn't supposed to be the "correct" or canon ending.

I mean, you would think that it being the ending that deals with the antagonists and wraps up all the story threads would be a big hint.  Or the fact that either of the other endings leaves both of the survivors in a bad situation and pretty much miserable.

But hey, you guys just have to kill Trevor, right?

• golf wang likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:03 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 28 January 2014 - 10:05 PM.

Listen,

Calm urself down. Insults are uncalled for. I reported ur offensive comment. Stop being impolite.

And u don't hv any evidence as the DLC isn't released yet, so stop claiming ur own opinion as fact.

I swear to god, GTAForums is the only place I see where, for some reason or another, people seem to think Ending C isn't supposed to be the canon ending.

I mean, you would think that it being the ending that deals with the antagonists and wraps up all the story threads would be a big hint.  Or the fact that either of the other endings leaves both of the survivors in a bad situation and pretty much miserable.

But hey, you guys just have to kill Trevor, right?

I also choice ending C. I just hope they won't reveal it as canon.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

@CJ killed Ryder
Are you serious?
I just said that the other two would be alternate endings...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51955/gta-online-update-free-deathmatch-race-creators-this-week-captur.html 
and my quote came DIRECTLY from the rockstar newsire, so they are gonna appear in it...

Good one for Sharing link bro :).now this thread doesnt have any point not to be locked after this "where is Fuzzknucke"?.i see a mod incoming.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

I also choice ending C. I just hope they won't reveal it as canon.

I mean, I actually hope for that too so everyone will be happy, but it seems pretty obvious that Choice C was supposed to be the "correct" choice, as either of the other two choices leaves Franklin and Micheal/Trevor depressed and hating themselves (along with everyone hating THEM), and it leaves Franklin in danger as Devin/Steve are angry that he didn't take their side.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:09 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 28 January 2014 - 10:24 PM.

They said their STORY continues, but who says they are playable in that story?

Try to understand what I am saying before quoting the same sentence over and over again.

Maybe they are only mentioned from other characters perspective.

And u don't know what type of DLC they release. Heck, maybe it's just a few more side missions u can download that r completely unrelated to the story.

U hv zero evidence to support ur claims.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

You reported my post? for what? am I supposed to be afraid? lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users