Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto V: The Family Tradition (Concept Thread)

20 replies to this topic
Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:37 AM Edited by Osric, 26 January 2014 - 05:45 AM.

Hey guys, here's my very first concept thread. It's nothing too flashy as I do not know coding, but this is what I have.

Special thanks to Tyla in helping me develop this concept.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V

The Family Tradition

Welcome to Los Santos, 2013 AD. The days of the old-school Italian Mafia are coming to an end, and for the Los Santos Crime Family, the writing on the wall is all too apparent. This once-great, yet now small-time Mafia family is fading away fast, kept barely afloat by a lucrative racket of running both counterfeit and fenced merchandise in from East Asia, as well as a partnership with the Gambetti Family of Liberty City. And one of their most loyal made men is Marty Romano, a bitter middle-aged soldato of the Los Santos Crime Family.

This is his story....

New Features

• Two new radio stations: Radio Las Venturas and Double Clef FM
  • New weapons
  • New TV shows and movies
  • New gangs
  • Side Activities: Gambling, Extortion Rackets, Merchandise Fencing

Characters

Marty Romano

Voiced by Joe Mantenga

The main protagonist of the story, Marty Romano is a 56-year old made man of the Los Santos Crime Family who has seen better days. He's fiercely loyal to the Family, even though he knows gangsters like him are a dying breed and his Family is doomed. He has been embittered by a hard life of crime and seeing many of his close friends and associates get killed or imprisoned, leaving him bitter, morose, and sarcastic. Marty works for the Los Santos Crime Family because he feels as if he has no other choice. He has a small house in Vespucci Beach and is one of the owners of Las Cuadras Restaurant in Westwood, earning him a weekly income.

Default Vehicle: Albany Esperanto

Favorite Radio Stations: Radio Las Venturas and Double Clef FM

Default Outfit: Black Eris Tracksuit and Black Flat Cap

Phil Bell

Voiced by Frank Bonsangue

A former associate of the defunct Pegorino Crime Family and Consigliere of the Los Santos Crime Family since 2009, Phil Bell is the vital link between the Los Santos Crime Family and their Gambetti handlers back in Liberty City. Normally an Irishman as Consigliere would raise a stink with the other Families, but the LS Crime Family has declined so much and has become so irrelevant that they don't care anymore. Plus Roy Zito can use Phil Bell as the main controller of the Los Santos Crime Family.

Roy Zito

Voiced by Tony Musante

The Don of the Gambetti Family, Roy Zito became head of the Liberty City Commission and Capo Di Tutti Capi of the Eastern Mafia families in 2008 upon the death of Jon Gravelli. He is never actually seen in-person but contacts his Los Santos Crime Family underlings via phone, email, and video conferences. Cold and uncaring, he sees Marty Romano as a useful tool in securing the West Coast merchandise rackets and extending Gambetti influence in San Andreas via proxy. Roy Zito serves as mission control for Marty and gives him a lot of missions.

Johnny Alto

Voiced by Steven Van Zandt

The 71-year old Underboss of the Los Santos Crime Family, he is a lackey of Roy Zito, Phil Bell, and the Gambettis. He is a blind follower of them, while Marty distrusts them.

Piero Genoa

The elderly and senile Don of the Los Santos Crime Family, Piero Genoa is a 99-year old Italian immigrant who is dying of lung cancer and has recently developed Alzheimer's, Piero Genoa founded the Los Santos Crime Family in the 1930's, and has ruled until his hospitalization in 2011. He is a barely lucid puppet of Phil Bell and Roy Zito, and is held up in a hospital room.

Sammy Bottino

The disgraced Underboss of the Gambetti Family, Sammy Bottino turned state's evidence in 2010, and testified against the Gambetti Family, but due to a legal technicality regarding the search warrant, the federal case against Roy Zito and the Gambettis was overturned. Bottino is currently on the run and may be hiding in San Andreas.

Enzo Bonelli

Voiced by Chuck Zito

A made man of the Los Santos Crime Family with a lot of connections to the unions and construction firms in Los Santos and Blaine County, he and Marty don't get along real well, and when he is whacked by an unknown assassin, Marty does not miss him.

Brenna Himura

Voiced by Michelle Ruff

A 24-year old prostitute that Marty often buys services from, Brenna and Marty are good friends, but not in an actual relationship. She can be an accomplice on missions as a getaway driver or a means to distract guards on stealth missions, and while she can reduce the difficulty of missions, she takes a cut of the money to fuel her drug habits. Brenna is addicted to MDMA and powder cocaine, but is afraid of meth or heroin. The Family leaders generally look down on Marty's friendship with her, since she is not Italian and is a prostitute, but see her as a harmless distraction at worst. She later becomes playable after a certain point in the DLC, though her strength is low, she is swift.

Default Vehicle: Karin Kuruma

Favorite Radio Stations: Non-Stop Pop FM and Soulwax FM

Default Outfit: Black Bra, Black Leather Jacket, Blue Shorts, Black Boots

Mario Russo

Voiced by Frank Vincent

The Don of the Carcer City Outfit, a Midwestern mafia family with their eyes on Los Santos, Mario Russo is one of the major antagonists of the DLC, but doesn't appear until late in the game. However, the Carcer City Outfit play a major role throughout the DLC.

The Fascist Lowriders

A white supremacist gang loosely allied with the Los Santos Crime Family after the Lost MC, the Family's traditional allies, are wiped out by Trevor, the Fascist Lowriders are allied with the Family against the Ballas, but ultimately play by their own rules, and may have ulterior motives. Marty is disgusted by them, but works with them anyway for the Family.

The Yakuza

A powerful syndicate based in Japan with no actual territory in Los Santos, instead using the Korean Mob and the Los Santos Crime Family to conduct their smuggling, fencing, and merchandising rackets in the West Coast, the Yakuza's partnership with the Los Santos Crime Family over merchandise rackets is what attracts the attention of the Gambetti Family and the Carcer City Outfit. Could something happen that could upset the triple alliance between the Yakuza, Gambettis, and Los Santos Crime Family?

New Weapons

• Brass Knuckles
  • Cane
  • Katana
  • Colt M1911
  • Saturday Night Special
  • Lupara
  • TEC-9

Media

Two new radio stations and several new TV and movie programs are added to GTA V in The Family Tradition DLC

Radio Stations

Radio Las Venturas

Genre: Oldies

DJ: Tony Sirico as himself

Frank Sinatra: My Way

Frank Sinatra: Fly Me To The Moon

Frank Sinatra: Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Dean Martin: That's Amore

Dean Martin: Ain't That A Kick In The Head

Tony Bennett: Rags to Riches

Marvin Hamslich: The Entertainer

Bill Haley & His Comets: Rock Around The Clock

Dion: Runaround Sue

The Everly Brothers: All I Have To Do Is Dream

The Cleftones: Can't We Be Sweethearts?

Danny & The Juniors: At The Hop

The Velvets: Tonight

Buddy Holly: That'll Be The Day

Ritchie Valens: Donna

The Monotones: Book of Love

Gene Chandler: Duke of Earl

Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers: Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

Neil Sedaka: Next Door To An Angel

Johnny Tillotson: Poetry in Motion

The Crystals: He's A Rebel

The Crystals: He's Sure The Boy I Love

Yuji Ohno: Theme From Lupin III '78

Double Clef FM

Genre: Classical

DJ: Brina Palencia as Chibitalia

Mozart: Der Holle Rache

Mozart: Papageno e Papagena

Mozart: Overture from The Marriage of Figaro

Mozart: E Amore un Landrocello

Mozart: Non Piu Andrai Farfallone

Mozart: Finch'ian Del Vino

Mozart: Symphony No. 25 in G Minor

Mozart: Lacrimosa from Requiem Mass

Verdi: Anvil Chorus

Verdi: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves

Verdi: La Donna e Mobile

Verdi: Libiamo Nell'lieti Calici

Verdi: Tacea la Notte Placiada

Puccini: O Mio Babbino Caro

Donizetti: Chi Me Frena in Tal Momento

Beethoven: Fur Elise

Beethoven: Ode To Joy

Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture Finale

Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake

Bizet: March of the Toreadors

Wagner: Flight of the Valkyries

New TV Shows and Movies

• Princess Robot Bubblegum returns with new episodes
  • The Pegorinos (Parody of The Sopranos)
  • A Ken Burns-style documentary on John Marston
  • Exploder (Parody of Die Hard)
  • The Mainframe (Parody of The Matrix)
  • Badfellas (Parody of Goodfellas)

MISSIONS

Coming soon!

• Tyla likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

The Fascist Lowriders

A white supremacist gang loosely allied with the Los Santos Crime Family after the Lost MC, the Family's traditional allies, are wiped out by Trevor, the Fascist Lowriders are allied with the Family against the Ballas, but ultimately play by their own rules, and may have ulterior motives. Marty is disgusted by them, but works with them anyway for the Family.

Why would a white supremacist gang be allied with an African American street gang?

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:40 AM Edited by Osric, 26 January 2014 - 05:41 AM.

They allied with the Family AGAINST the Ballas. Sorry if I mistyped something. I'll fix that. The Ballas are enemies of the Fascist Lowriders and the Mafia, so the two sided together against the Ballas.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

They allied with the Family AGAINST the Ballas. Sorry if I mistyped something. I'll fix that. The Ballas are enemies of the Fascist Lowriders and the Mafia, so the two sided together against the Ballas.

Ahh, misread it. I thought the way you worded it meant that the lowriders are allied with the Families, who in turn were against the ballas.

Nice reference BTW - http://en.wikipedia..../Nazi_Lowriders

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

Cool, glad you caught the reference.

So far, do you think this DLC has potential? I wanted to do a darker, more tragic DLC concept. RDR was an inspiration for the theme of the concept, only instead of the Last Days of the Old West, it's the last days of the Italian Mafia.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

Cool, glad you caught the reference.

So far, do you think this DLC has potential? I wanted to do a darker, more tragic DLC concept. RDR was an inspiration for the theme of the concept, only instead of the Last Days of the Old West, it's the last days of the Italian Mafia.

Ofcourse I got the reference. My ex girlfriend was a Neo Nazi. f*cking nutter. Still got oodles of reference pictures for this North Yankton mod I'm working on and basing the protag after.

Jessica.jpg

I guess it has potential. Seems gritty enough, not to mention the first known GTA 5 DLC to my knowledge

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:54 AM Edited by Osric, 26 January 2014 - 05:55 AM.

Glad you like it so far. I'll update it as much as I can, although college does get in the way at times.

Although is Hatsune Miku the basis for the main protagonist in your North Yankton mod or is it the girl behind her? I'm assuming it's the girl behind her, but I don't know.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

Glad you like it so far. I'll update it as much as I can, although college does get in the way at times.

Although is Hatsune Miku the basis for the main protagonist in your North Yankton mod or is it the girl behind her? I'm assuming it's the girl behind her, but I don't know.

It's the girl behind her' I've got other references, but that's the only good one that shows her face.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:56 AM Edited by Osric, 26 January 2014 - 05:58 AM.

Ah, ok. It's what I figured, I was just curious.

Also, do you like my two new radio stations? One I brought back from the 3D Era, the other is all new.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Ah, ok. It's what I figured, I was just curious.

No problemo amigo. I don't even know what Hatsune Miku is, since I got the picture from a buddy of mine's facebook.

I can tell you more, but we probably should take it to the PM. I don't wanna derail your topic too bad.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Sure, feel free to PM me.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

Hell yes. I've been waiting for someone to do a new, decent, Mafia themed concept thread for a while now. Keep up the word, I'll be interested in seeing where it goes.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

Glad you like it, I will update it as best I can.

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Stonecutter

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Double Clef FM

Fictional character as music radio's DJ? No.

This is HD Universe, not 3D. You should add real-life person as DJ for Double Clef FM.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Double Clef FM

Fictional character as music radio's DJ? No.

This is HD Universe, not 3D. You should add real-life person as DJ for Double Clef FM.

I guess I could, I just wasn't sure who to add.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

It's great to see a suitably melancholic Mafia-themed DLC in the domain, especially so faithful to the pitiful state of the mob in the 21st century. You've crafted everything perfectly Osric, from the radio stations to the voice actors and the GTAIV character returns. I've said this in my message to you, but Phil Bell's appearance here could well be a stroke of genius on your part.

Definitely one to watch right here. Can't wait for the missions.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

It sounds interesting. Really not my cup of tea how ever. I don't like more serious and realistic stories. I'm going to find something with more of a vice city 80's rock feel to it.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Running through the runways since Y2K

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hold up, is your protagonist 56 years old? Too old for a GTA Protag, dontcha think? But then again, that's just me. If the story fits, i'm fine with it.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yes, he is 56, somewhat fits the whole "dying breed" theme of the DLC.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Being a mafia guy myself the premise of this concept intrigues me. My only issue is with the time period... the Los Angeles Crime family haven't really been active since the 1980s and today are really just a small loosely affiliated group of guys from other families who operate there. The Mafia's presence in GTA V was virtually non existent for a reason. My guess is that Enzo Bonelli is a member of another family who operates in Los Santos rather than an actual leader of the Los Santos Crime Family. If you want to make this believable I would set it in the 80s or 90s that way you can chronicle the dying days in a better way.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

It'd be hard to balance the grim and usually table-talk deals of a realistic mafia game with that of "kill someone every mission" GTA. In this regard, I felt LCS really missed the mark on the mafia genre, having a made man Toni not only doing a bunch of grunt work as a man man, but doing it for every mission.

I'd like to see another tri-character DLC. Maybe an Italian Mobster (for the more serious, story savorers), a Vagos or Ballas gangsta (for the senseless gang violence aspect) and a Lost MC biker (for a good combination of both elements.)

And, it is 2013 California. The mob that's still around is a lot less family-based, the Italian guys in charge just hire Indian hackers and the like to steal credit cards and such. I don't see slick cars and colt-carriers to be roaming the the streets with Sinatra playing.

Nevertheless, it'd be cool, but with any DLC proposition, it's never gonna happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users