Photo

What if heists disappoint?..

140 replies to this topic
senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by senormidget, 27 January 2014 - 12:44 AM.

See link in my signature for detailed information about heists that you may not have read. I dont think you'll be disappointed.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by line of chop, 27 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

I wish Rcokstar gets buy by EA.

Take that back. you little piece of no-good. Rockstar has f*cked some things up, but to wish for something like that.. You disgust me, sir!

WTF you on about? Rockstar are doing exactly what EA games do to their customers, by f*cking them in the arse.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

There's no doubt that GTA V is the best game out there

BAHAHAHAHAHAH! Are you serious?

Anyway, I think Heists have a lot of potential but I don't expect them to be anymore than SP heists were if that good.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

What if heists actually happen?

Heists will be like, "go to point A to kill people and get item, take item to point B for reward."

• tomuk3 likes this

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:42 AM

Nope I'd keep playing, find it fun.

Matthias King
  • Matthias King

The Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

I anticipate that heists will, indeed, disappoint.  They will be short on content, repetitive, and will have weak payouts, not to mention they will likely be very glitch, and will continue to be for sometime, if not indefinitely. 

And the stock excuse of "entitled gamers and their impossible expectations can't be satisfied" won't be the reason, however, despite how much some people will try to say that's the case.

The reason, in actuality, is because Rockstar has simply lost the plot.  The heists will be structured in a way that incentivizes the purchase of their cash cards, just like the rest of GTA Online. 

Rockstar doesn't care about anything but microtransactions.  Period.  Point-blank.  Their concern over money-glitching and other similar exploits wasn't based on it being game-breaking or spoiling the experience for players.  The simple fact is that they only cared about it because being able to get easy in-game money DISincentivizes buying their precious cash cards.

They're operating from the position of microtransactions over all else.

I challenge you to support your accusations with facts not hyperbole and frivolous claims using terms such as "likely".

The only 'fact' I can point out is my experience with the game so far, and for what it's worth, a lot of other people's experiences as well.  And I suggest you look up the definition of hyperbole before you decide the throw the word around, because nowhere in my post did I exaggerate.  I don't need to exaggerate to make the point.  It's plain to see.

Also, my use of the word 'likely' is perfectly warranted, considering the legendarily disastrous launch of GTA Online, which is very well-documented, not to mention the numerous glitches and exploits that continue to exist to this day.  I think any reasonable person would accept that as a perfectly relevant precedent for the use of the word 'likely' to describe the probability that the heists will be glitchy.

I challenge you to REFUTE my accusations that Rockstar's sole focus is the pushing of their cash cards.
No problem. If they actually wanted to push them, it would be forced upon us to buy one in order to move forward. That isn't the case. You can play and earn money through time.

If you don't want to do jobs, sell cars or what have you there is the OPTION to purchase in game currency for instant impatient gratification.

Face it buddy, cash cards are NOT being pushed. I don't even see the "ads" for them anymore while loading the game.

And yes, hyperbole is the perfect term for your conspiracy theory.

If you don't understand the approach Rockstar is taking, along with many other game companies for that matter, of making the experience grindy in order to incentivize the buying of cash cards, then you certainly won't be able to identify it when you see it, so there's no point trying to explain it to you.  So I'll just say ok kid and be on my way.  Enjoy ignorance.

Lol @ kid. The last resort of an idiot who can't defend his view anymore. .

Maybe you should grow a set and learn you don't have to be pressured in to buying a cash card. I dont need nor feel that I have been given incentives to do so. I have earned enough to get me by. Haven't you????????????

I manage a business and as such I am very familiar with how marketing works. I would be one of the first to notice when I'm being "tapped" for more money. It is NOT happening here UNLESS YOU CHOOSE to take the easy road. f*ckING PERIOD.

A lemonade stand doesn't really qualify as managing a business, but anyway, I found an article today and had to post it, because it perfectly proves my point.

Article:

http://www.cinemable...Year-61894.html

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I anticipate that heists will, indeed, disappoint.  They will be short on content, repetitive, and will have weak payouts, not to mention they will likely be very glitch, and will continue to be for sometime, if not indefinitely. 

And the stock excuse of "entitled gamers and their impossible expectations can't be satisfied" won't be the reason, however, despite how much some people will try to say that's the case.

The reason, in actuality, is because Rockstar has simply lost the plot.  The heists will be structured in a way that incentivizes the purchase of their cash cards, just like the rest of GTA Online. 

Rockstar doesn't care about anything but microtransactions.  Period.  Point-blank.  Their concern over money-glitching and other similar exploits wasn't based on it being game-breaking or spoiling the experience for players.  The simple fact is that they only cared about it because being able to get easy in-game money DISincentivizes buying their precious cash cards.

I challenge you to support your accusations with facts not hyperbole and frivolous claims using terms such as "likely".

The only 'fact' I can point out is my experience with the game so far, and for what it's worth, a lot of other people's experiences as well.  And I suggest you look up the definition of hyperbole before you decide the throw the word around, because nowhere in my post did I exaggerate.  I don't need to exaggerate to make the point.  It's plain to see.

Also, my use of the word 'likely' is perfectly warranted, considering the legendarily disastrous launch of GTA Online, which is very well-documented, not to mention the numerous glitches and exploits that continue to exist to this day.  I think any reasonable person would accept that as a perfectly relevant precedent for the use of the word 'likely' to describe the probability that the heists will be glitchy.

I challenge you to REFUTE my accusations that Rockstar's sole focus is the pushing of their cash cards.
No problem. If they actually wanted to push them, it would be forced upon us to buy one in order to move forward. That isn't the case. You can play and earn money through time.

If you don't want to do jobs, sell cars or what have you there is the OPTION to purchase in game currency for instant impatient gratification.

Face it buddy, cash cards are NOT being pushed. I don't even see the "ads" for them anymore while loading the game.

If you don't understand the approach Rockstar is taking, along with many other game companies for that matter, of making the experience grindy in order to incentivize the buying of cash cards, then you certainly won't be able to identify it when you see it, so there's no point trying to explain it to you.  So I'll just say ok kid and be on my way.  Enjoy ignorance.

Maybe you should grow a set and learn you don't have to be pressured in to buying a cash card. I dont need nor feel that I have been given incentives to do so. I have earned enough to get me by. Haven't you????????????

I manage a business and as such I am very familiar with how marketing works. I would be one of the first to notice when I'm being "tapped" for more money. It is NOT happening here UNLESS YOU CHOOSE to take the easy road. f*ckING PERIOD.

A lemonade stand doesn't really qualify as managing a business, but anyway, I found an article today and had to post it, because it perfectly proves my point.

Article:

LOL. Did you even read that article or did you just google new stories that contained Grand Theft Auto Online and the words cash cards? 

There is not a single thing in that article that is stating the "push" from R* to purchase cash cards. It says they have the potential to make that much cash based on the cash brought in from other games but nowhere in there does it emphasize R* as being money grubbing and forcing players to purchase cash cards to enjoy their game. 

Do they want people to buy them? Well, yeah, that'd be great. Are they forcing anyone to in any way whatsoever? No. 

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Heists WILL disappoint.  No question about it.

When we get them, they will favor one approach only:  loud.

There will be at least 3-star wanted levels involved 100% of the time and Lester probably won't answer to provide the option to clear that wanted level.

There will be no actual, in-game planning going on.  It's going to be up to the players (not necessarily a bad thing, but given a large portion of the player base, yah, it's bad for heisting with strangers).

We're going to get peanuts for successful heists and we very likely will not be able to replay them whenever we want.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were like those special crate drops: rare occurences for which you need to be online and in a populated session during a specific period of time to take advantage of.

Matthias King
  • Matthias King

The Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Article:

LOL. Did you even read that article or did you just google new stories that contained Grand Theft Auto Online and the words cash cards? 

There is not a single thing in that article that is stating the "push" from R* to purchase cash cards. It says they have the potential to make that much cash based on the cash brought in from other games but nowhere in there does it emphasize R* as being money grubbing and forcing players to purchase cash cards to enjoy their game. 

Do they want people to buy them? Well, yeah, that'd be great. Are they forcing anyone to in any way whatsoever? No. 

Yes, I read the article.  I didn't turn that up in a search, it's a site I go to regularly, and that just happened to be there.  And the point is between the lines.  Some people can't see something until it's staring them in the face.  It's a practice in video games that's quickly becoming more and more common all the time; make the experience grindy, withhold in-game items behind large sums of in-game currency, and other such tactics in order to encourage people to want to buy cash cards for real money.  Never did I say that they are forcing anyone, but encouraging them through the way the game's economy (I use the term loosely in GTA Online's case) is structured.

• XJpostman likes this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

If heists were called "bank robberies" people wouldn't care half as much.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

After seeing "you can't sell vehicles worth more than $50 000," pop up in my screen nothing Rockstar does will surprise me. I realize its been fixed but to think that is acceptable to begin with boggles my mind.
To answere your question, my expectations are pretty low so let's hope they don't disappoint.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Article:

Lmfaoooooo! A multi million dollar lemonade stand son. f*ck you and your McJob.

I love how the title itself has a question mark... The "analyst" isn't even from a respected firm.

How about you show me what Rockstar says about the issue? Surely they have projected their own forecasted revenue. .. Your article is pure speculation and doesnt even cite sources for their analysts claim. I've never even heard of that website.

Anything credible or are you just going to come back with more insults and unproven horse sh*t?

Out of curiosity, since you seem to be "the sh*t" what is your profession? Maybe you could gain some credibility back???

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by StewNorth, 27 January 2014 - 10:38 PM.

I probably won't even be playing GTAO by the time they get released. Pretty much got comfortable with the idea, but I'd love for Rockstar to prove me wrong.

Whether or not they disappoint, well that's another story. Not much point speculating, but either way we will see for ourselves in maybe a few months if we're lucky.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

After seeing "you can't sell vehicles worth more than $50 000," pop up in my screen nothing Rockstar does will surprise me. I realize its been fixed but to think that is acceptable to begin with boggles my mind.
To answere your question, my expectations are pretty low so let's hope they don't disappoint.

You can sell vehicles worth more than $50k.........

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I've hardly played GTAO in a while. When it first came out, I was probably averaging around 3-4 hours per day.... now I might play it maybe 1 hour total in 1 week (not exaggerating, not a typo).  So yeah, I'm one of those who are bored with it.  

As far as the heists go... no, it will not be the 'last straw' or anything like that.  I'm waiting for R* to start announcing their DLC that's going to cost real life money. Once that starts happening, that's when I'm selling my copy and waiting for the "Goty/ultimate edition" to come out for PS4.  Yes, even if it's 2 years from now. 

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Everybody is pretty much bored of Gta not all but the majority is.

Heists are some peoples last hope for the game!

I wonder though what if Rockstar doesn't deliver like how we think they will?

What if the heists are lame, would you stop playing then or no?

Just curious..

I'd be more surprised if they weren't disappointing... but at least there will be something to do...

I'm still ranking up because I didn't go all coke-whore likey you MFers with 150 plus RP ranks.. I found doing really hard missions all by myself has been fun and challenging.. even more so when I launch from a Free Aim lobby :D

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Im a legit 190 by doing a bunch of missions lol

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Not if you bought them before the patch.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

If I knew how to make words bold I would but if you read my post again you'll see that I mention, " I realize its been fixed but to think that is acceptable to begin with,".
I still have an Entity XF I can't sell because I bought it pre patch.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by Zodape, 28 January 2014 - 08:07 PM.

I don't see how they could screw them up. Considering they will be more "normal" heists (not like V's, more like Payday):

-Enter

-Drill that sh*t

-Kill cops

-Keep drilling that sh*t

-Keep killing cops

-Open the door

-Drill the second door

-Kill more cops

-Keep drilling that sh*t

-Kill some more cops

-Keep drilling that sh*t

-Moar kopz 2 kill

-Open the door

-Each one takes a money bag already prepared on the floor (good guy bank manager)

-Kill cops and leave the bank

-Jump on a Paradise

-11 seconds pursuit ended by a SUV to the face

-Quick Restart

-Repeat

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

People will complain no matter what and judging by the full lobbies I play not everybody is bored.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users