Photo

What if heists disappoint?..

140 replies to this topic
blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I hope y'all realize Heists will cost us big $ to enter... Which will be lost if it doesn't get pulled off. That's one of the first things Rockstar said about them... Nobody seems to be commenting on that fact.

You best have a solid crew together... Wouldn't want to lose tens of thousands of dollars in a botched heist now would you? That's going to be hilarious on the forums the first few times somebody fails.

The other possible issue could be payout percentages. What/who determines each participants cut? Based on rank? Arbitrarily by the heist "set up" man? Questions.

I personally think they have been delayed so the new players could amass enough wealth just to be able to enter the heists.. Nothing to do with cash cards but in case y'all haven't noticed there are a sh*t ton of under 20 rank players at the moment... Xmas leftovers. Not many, if any would have the required entry fee.

Pretty sure we are going to be looking at around 50k+ entry fee. Based on payouts from SP... Maybe even more, 100k each. You say "Blitzzd! No! That can't be!".

Yes it can. There must be something to lose I order to have something to gain.

gardengnome23
  • gardengnome23

Just want to have some fun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Completely agree with the above post. It's gonna cost us to enter for sure but you know what I don't mind that. I have the same views as NarratorJuan I've enjoyed GTAONLINE a lot so far, it's one of the few multiplayer games I've stuck to. Like a lot of people have said if you're holding out for heists to save the game for you then I would suggest you move on to something else.

My advice is find a crew that you enjoy playing with and just have fun, the game has so much to offer, not just what's in front of you. Think about the bigger picture here guys, there is more to come. I still believe there's a lot to potential for GTAO.
  • Narratorjuan likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I was never excited for heists from the beginning, so I honestly don't care.

The game is great enough without them.  They'll just be an added bonus.

• Pixel S, Black Rabbit, Themonsterhunter and 2 others like this

Matthias King
  • Matthias King

The Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

I anticipate that heists will, indeed, disappoint.  They will be short on content, repetitive, and will have weak payouts, not to mention they will likely be very glitch, and will continue to be for sometime, if not indefinitely. 

And the stock excuse of "entitled gamers and their impossible expectations can't be satisfied" won't be the reason, however, despite how much some people will try to say that's the case.

The reason, in actuality, is because Rockstar has simply lost the plot.  The heists will be structured in a way that incentivizes the purchase of their cash cards, just like the rest of GTA Online. 

Rockstar doesn't care about anything but microtransactions.  Period.  Point-blank.  Their concern over money-glitching and other similar exploits wasn't based on it being game-breaking or spoiling the experience for players.  The simple fact is that they only cared about it because being able to get easy in-game money DISincentivizes buying their precious cash cards.

They're operating from the position of microtransactions over all else.

scorpia4
  • scorpia4

"Lard boy"

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Just robbed the bank! 

Amount Stolen : $4,500,000.00

Lester Cut : $3,500,000.00

Your cut : $250,000.00
Friend 1 cut : $250,000.00
Friend 2 Cut : $250,000.00
Friend 3 Cut : $250,000.00

Hey lester needs money to fund a cure for his degenerative disease. Leave him alone D':
  • Pixel S likes this

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

They are just going to be an added bonus. The game is fine without them.  

Unless they give real good cash they will not go down well.

StuartStuff
  • StuartStuff

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

I know far more people who aren't bored with GTA than people that are. But anyway, i'm not particularly fussed about the heists personally - and to be honest I am expecting them to disappoint.

People are talking as if they will be a sure way to get rich quick, which they probably won't be. Rockstar have no incentive to make us all rich quicker because the quicker you get rich, the quicker you get bored or the less likely you are to line their pockets by buying the in-game cash cards.

• gardengnome23 likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

It will disappoint. Just like everything Rockstar has done.

The only thing from Rockstar that has disappointed me, was the low amount of customization in GTA 4.

Nothing else.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I anticipate that heists will, indeed, disappoint.  They will be short on content, repetitive, and will have weak payouts, not to mention they will likely be very glitch, and will continue to be for sometime, if not indefinitely. 

And the stock excuse of "entitled gamers and their impossible expectations can't be satisfied" won't be the reason, however, despite how much some people will try to say that's the case.

The reason, in actuality, is because Rockstar has simply lost the plot.  The heists will be structured in a way that incentivizes the purchase of their cash cards, just like the rest of GTA Online. 

Rockstar doesn't care about anything but microtransactions.  Period.  Point-blank.  Their concern over money-glitching and other similar exploits wasn't based on it being game-breaking or spoiling the experience for players.  The simple fact is that they only cared about it because being able to get easy in-game money DISincentivizes buying their precious cash cards.

I challenge you to support your accusations with facts not hyperbole and frivolous claims using terms such as "likely".

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

They will disappoint. Nobody is happy with anything Rockstar do on these forums, yet they play the game frequently. I think people like to just moan at pointless sh*t.

I'm not happy with Rockstar at all. How dare they create GTA V and expect us to actually enjoy it. The rascals !!  :lol:

Just robbed the bank! 

Amount Stolen : $4,500,000.00

Lester Cut : $3,500,000.00

Your cut : $250,000.00
Friend 1 cut : $250,000.00
Friend 2 Cut : $250,000.00
Friend 3 Cut : $250,000.00

And then to rob Lester lol

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Mission creator is the saving grace of this game.  Not the heists. 

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

All they have to do is fix the stealth and add career criminal like jobs along with the heists, then I'll return to the game.  As well as fix the goddamn cornrows bug that's made me stop playing the game completely.  Honestly, I come here to check if there are new patches that fix that cornrow bullsh*t.

Rockstar f*cked up on this game, they needed input from real gamers.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:10 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 26 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

100% guaranteed to disappoint most of the people wanting them, its been so long since they were announced that people have this unreasonable idea of what they'll be like in their minds.

I expect at least 50K so I'm pretty meh about it, it'll be fun though.

Some guy honestly told me they were gonna pay 500K and they would be a once a week thing and if you died you lost your share and when you get back to free roam you have 5 stars and if you die getting away from the cops you lose your money as well.

Can you believe that?  :lol:

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

OP can you tell me how it will be disappointing? Just curious...I'm getting annoyed with these threads, heist this heist that. Just wait and see by yourself.

I don't know how it will be disappointing, maybe the payout will be disappointing and that i can understand.

• LBxFinalDeath likes this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

They will. I waited long enough, have already traded the game in. I was going to wait for heists but I'd only be disappointed. I'll be satisfied watching a few game play vids of heists now tbh.

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Im pretty sure heists are going to be a huge disappointment, just like GTA O as a whole

• iiGh0STt likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Im pretty sure heists are going to be a huge disappointment, just like GTA O as a whole

When did GTA O become a disappointment?..lmao

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

They're going to be alright, but not even close to what people are expecting, and it's going to be very funny watching people whine about it.

The Other Mr. Runner
  • The Other Mr. Runner

The Beldam's Son

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

"What if heists disappoint?"

Then the Emperor has already won...

gfen
  • gfen

ham on the bone

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Rockstar f*cked up on this game, they needed input from real gamers.

I'm pretty sure that's the last thing they needed. 

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

It's pretty much guaranteed that some of the people on this forum are going to cry and complain that they suck. Some will even claim that they will quit the game only to come back in a few more days and complain more about the game they "quit". Honestly I don't think they will be bad, perfect? probably not, but I think they will be  at the very least good. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Have a life outside the game. So when it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you won't care anyway.

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

About the day it came out.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

do you have any sense? it sure did not live up to expectations.

if by now you have not learned that over 80% of people playing (as shown by the dns'ers) just want to cheat for money or cheat any other way, then you never will. it should be evident enough with the amount of players who took over by simple dns mods, but still, you choose to ignore the facts of how broken the online play really is... its kind of sad.... how are you so blind?

we all know gta is fun! but that does not mean gtao was well put together, or is being well maintained.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

do you have any sense? it sure did not live up to expectations.

if by now you have not learned that over 80% of people playing (as shown by the dns'ers) just want to cheat for money or cheat any other 

LOL...

It lived up to my expectations and to everyone i play with.  It may not have lived up to yours, but it has exceeded mine.  So please don't act as if your opinion mirrors the what the HUGE fan base thinks.

Also, Its not my fault you confuse the tards of GTA O as 80% of the players playing.   

Which i agree...mostly.  GTA has alot of players playing including alot of idiots.   But not all of them are pathetic losers that can't make cash and need to cheat.    The majority of players don't cheat and don't care.

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

This game is supposed to be centered around heists. It's why you form a "crew" rather than a clan or gang. Job Points really doesn't have much purpose, and may be there mostly for heists. The required map in your apartment also is required.
This along with the fact that R* has promoted it heavily, and has spent so much time working on it suggests that it should be quite extensive and involved. If it comes out simple and easy, then something went wrong and R* just said "F*&% it".

I think heists will be good, but if you don't enjoy the game now... Heists aren't going to change that.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:11 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 26 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Job Points for me indicate if someone is a griefer/troll or not.

If they have none they are most likely a griefer who does nothing but play free roam to annoy other players.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Which i agree...mostly.  GTA has alot of players playing including alot of idiots.   But not all of them are pathetic losers that can't make cash and need to cheat.    The majority of players don't cheat and don't care.

how can you still believe this after entire lobbies full of dns users? full! every lobby had at least half or more people who were obviously cheating. lol... whatever helps you enjoy your game better i guess... but like i said, there is a difference between enjoying it individually, and the overall mechanics of online play. you just dont seem to get that.

Matthias King
  • Matthias King

The Machine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:20 PM Edited by Matthias King, 26 January 2014 - 05:20 PM.

I challenge you to support your accusations with facts not hyperbole and frivolous claims using terms such as "likely".

The only 'fact' I can point out is my experience with the game so far, and for what it's worth, a lot of other people's experiences as well.  And I suggest you look up the definition of hyperbole before you decide the throw the word around, because nowhere in my post did I exaggerate.  I don't need to exaggerate to make the point.  It's plain to see.

Also, my use of the word 'likely' is perfectly warranted, considering the legendarily disastrous launch of GTA Online, which is very well-documented, not to mention the numerous glitches and exploits that continue to exist to this day.  I think any reasonable person would accept that as a perfectly relevant precedent for the use of the word 'likely' to describe the probability that the heists will be glitchy.

I challenge you to REFUTE my accusations that Rockstar's sole focus is the pushing of their cash cards.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

how can you still believe this after entire lobbies full of dns users? full! every lobby had at least half or more people who were obviously cheating. lol... whatever helps you enjoy your game better i guess... but like i said, there is a difference between enjoying it individually, and the overall mechanics of online play. you just dont seem to get that.

I just don't seem to care because its mind over matter.  Ya there are cheaters but who cares..

Im personally waiting for the tards to leave. Cheat till you become bored, bash the game and leave.  YAY!

The f*ck do i care what these idiots do.  

I got nearly 36 days played in online...lol  I got my moneys worth two months ago.  And i still love this game.  So the faster the NON players get frustrated with silly things like payouts and other bullsh*t and leave, the better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users