What if heists disappoint?..

140 replies to this topic
Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

If they fail then this forum will have many lookalike threads for a while.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Pacino De Niro

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

9 out of 10 it's going to be disappointing anyway. 

Plus, it could be released on December 2014 right? I got a lot of sh*t to do as well as 2 upcoming games to play. 

So, I don't give a damn to heist.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

I wish Rcokstar gets buy by EA.

Obvious troll is obvious.

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

heists will disappoint i garuntee it. everyone whos hanging on just for heists are gonna feel real stupid

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by Pitch~Black, 26 January 2014 - 07:21 AM.

Honestly, I don't think it's a question of if, but when. And nobody need be disappointed if they don't expect too much (but they will anyway). But truly the game needs some satisfying and meaningful DLC beyond the heists.

Not to be overly negative, but I don't expect much out of R* at this point. There was a lot of talk and hype about GTAO pre-launch about R*'s BIG plans for this game and how the world would be growing and evolving at regular and consistant rate. But it simply hasn't; at least no where near on par with the statements they made. Outside Capture, the Editor and the almost not worth of mention Beach Bum DLC they've done literally nothing but fix and nerf. And the point can be made that out of everything mentioned, really only Capture and Beach Bum were technically additions since the editor and heists were advertised as part of the game pre-launch. So one pretty basic game mode and one mostly pointless DLC pack in nearly five months. Underwhelming, to say the least.

I understand R* has had some significant issues in the game to work out(and, to be ultimately fair, a good portion of the fault for it was their own) but I think it was a mistake to allow that to completely hault any meaningful additions to the game. If that's even the cause.

• Anger Personified likes this

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Forgot to add to my rant- why is there so much in story mode that's not available in GTA Online? The content has been developed, yet is no where to be found online. All those fancy suits Franklin can buy, and in online you can't even find matching pants for a suit jacket lol 

• Anger Personified likes this

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

Forgot to add to my rant- why is there so much in story mode that's not available in GTA Online? The content has been developed, yet is no where to be found online. All those fancy suits Franklin can buy, and in online you can't even find matching pants for a suit jacket lol 

i agree. its disappointing we cant hunt for mountain lions like in single player

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Just robbed the bank! 

Amount Stolen : $4,500,000.00

Lester Cut : $3,500,000.00

Your cut : $250,000.00
Friend 1 cut : $250,000.00
Friend 2 Cut : $250,000.00
Friend 3 Cut : $250,000.00

Fixed it for you.  :cool:

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

I will lose the will to live

• mfoster09 likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Maybe play a little less but i won't be impressed if the reward wasn't worth the wait.

Guess it's just something we'll see, only then can we say they are disappointing..you're pretty much imaging how it should be and it probably won't be how you think it should be.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

Heists will not disappoint!..If they come with a new map.

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

I think the real question is: why can't I buy a suit jacket with more than one button fastened?(as is it makes you look like a bum who slapped a suit on)

I'd rather have a jacket with rolled up sleeves.(with a pastel colored shirt)

OT: it will be a disappointment if you can't do all your planning/getting vehicles etc... in FR. that to me would be a huge time saver. just call Lester and tell him location of vehicle/that you got the masks/jump suit etc...

the payout for me isn't a deal breaker. Just how the actual heist functions. It should be as smooth as SP imo though.(hopefully now Michael will finally be a contact lol)

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Im so sick of hearing about.heists and people have built them up to be such a giant spectacle,that when they do come out they will suck because everyone has already raised the bar to high in expectations of what it will be,,the way people mention so often..how extraordinary do people actually think it will be,,how much better do people want the game to be?its never enougj

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

The actual data in terms of payouts (early Heists at least) were pulled, they were what, $50K a cut?

IMO that's not exactly terrible. I'm more looking for them to be fun than what they pay. If it's $50K, that's $50K. Better than doing anything American Exports/Trash Talk caliber style missions 3x to make that. (I do like those missions a lot though).

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

And i didnt spell enough wrong either..grammar police

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

We should say "what WHEN heist will disapoint".

Which won't be my case since I don't hope anything from it.

Heist will give $15k to $20k maximum to each player.

KeithMcClees
  • KeithMcClees

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

Just robbed the bank! 

That is a huge payout when the most expensive apartment in the game is only 400k. You people just bitch about everything. If they made the payouts like you guys wanted you would do one heist and never need money in the game ever again. And progression is a huge part of this game. Hence money and levels unlike gta4.

I dont care what the payouts are. I just want fun and challenging heists. But then again im not an impatient child who thinks the game is too hard

Technically you're the one bitching, she seemed to make what we call a "joke"

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Just robbed the bank! 

More like:

Just robbed the bank!

Amount stolen: $4,500,000.00

Lester's cut: $4,480,000.00

Your cut : $5,000.00
Friend 1 cut : $5,000.00
Friend 2 Cut : $5,000.00
Friend 3 Cut : $5,000.00

I forgot to deduct payments for property damage, outfits, and rigging the cars to be suited for teh jobs. Dun forget ammo and body armor.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

If people are already bored with this game, lack of imagination and autonomy come to mind. Heists disappointing is too broad of a subject, if its a simple mission where there is no effort and planning involved, Its gonna suck regardless of the payout. If you're worried about the outcome over the journey then you seriously need to re-evaluate yourself.. 

-Mentality of most people on this forum-

"Oh hey all I have to do is shoot a camera, wheel a cart to the door, put the cash in the car and lose the cops hmmm, that sounds like a $3,000,000 HEIST to me" 

ARE YOU f*ckING KIDDING ME? Oh right its Rockstars fault... yeah you're dumb.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Mentality of most people on this forum-

"Oh hey all I have to do is shoot a camera, wheel a cart to the door, put the cash in the car and lose the cops hmmm, that sounds like a $3,000,000 HEIST to me" 

Actually i'm going to disagree, i think people have hyped it up to be way way way more than that, to the point where anything less than their fairytale heist is going to be sh*t...then they blame Rockstar.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

hope the heist don't come out for the next 5 years

problem?

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Guy above me understand s

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Mentality of most people on this forum-

Actually i'm going to disagree, i think people have hyped it up to be way way way more than that, to the point where anything less than their fairytale heist is going to be sh*t...then they blame Rockstar.

Ahh yes, the details may have been a little understated but as long as the blame rockstar is there, I know I'm in the right place. 

djdest
  • djdest

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

They will disappoint for two reasons:

Everyone has high expectations of them
They've been hyped up too much

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by Khaos89, 26 January 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Everybody is pretty much bored of Gta not all but the majority is.

Heists are some peoples last hope for the game!

I wonder though what if Rockstar doesn't deliver like how we think they will?

What if the heists are lame, would you stop playing then or no?

Just curious..

They are going to disappoint, I guarantee it. We will have waited 4 months for something that's basically just another mission. This isn't me trolling, I genuinely think they will be garbage.

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

You guys!

Y'all need to RELAX. Get your friends together, get a chopper, and go skydiving over the Alamo sea. Get your Grand Tourers out and cruise, not race, the highways. Check out the sights. Find a secluded beach and soak up the rays.

Seriously, though, what if heists suck? What if? Then they suck. Unlike the majority of people on this forum (seemingly), I have enjoyed and still enjoy GTA Online. I've had my problems. I lost a near level 20 character I really liked. And I'm one of those suckers who tries to play as Rockstar intended. Seeing the glitchers, the boosters, the hackers getting everything they want with minimal effort can be hard to take, but I know I can look upon the things I've earned with a sense of achievement (as little as that means to anyone else). If this is as good as it gets, the very best that Rockstar can do, then I've had my fun. If I had to quit now, I know I can leave happy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you don't like what the game is now then the heists aren't gonna change that. Me, I'm going to keep racing, cruising, shooting, and 'chuting because that more than enough for me.
  • WeeChips likes this

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Rockstar can't win with the payout situation, if you get 250,000 each heist then most people will feel like they have nothing left to work for after a few heists but any less then rockstar will be accused of money grabbing trying to squeeze as much money from shark cards. Criminals irl don't do 50 jobs a day and would probably only do one heist in their life so realism doesn't come into it. I don't care how much we get paid, I just hope we don't get a cool down period and enough people are happy with heists so I have someone to play it with.

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

if heists are your only attachment to the game i'd suggest quitting now, even if they don't disapoint, how long to the whiners are bored with them?... I've no fkin idea how ppl can get bored with this game, attention spans of a goldfish i tell ya. 

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

If you expect too much, they will disappoint you.

I think we will just be able to do a preparation mission once a day and just have one active heist at a time. We choose a group of players and each player will be allowed to do preparation missions.
These preparation missions can be done in a group or alone. If one preparation is failed, the group has to start from scratch.
Since GTA:O is set before GTAV we won't be able to do "The big score"
We also did get not much from the heists except the last one in the story.
So 200.000-800.000 is also a big score.
I mean you'll only have to make 2-8 scores for a Rhino.
I think it will be more like the first heist. Around 200.000 at the maximum.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by The4orTy67, 26 January 2014 - 10:50 AM.

GTA Online Heist Update available now

It's time to get your hockey masks and duffel bags together people as Heists have now finally arrived in GTA Online. The update will be downloaded automatically when starting up GTA V and includes Heists and other features we announced over half a year ago!

"This is a ruthless opportunity" said Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Not only are we taking the piss out of fans and general audience alike by releasing these half assed Heists several months later after the initial product shipped, we are also able to make profit with our generous cash card program by severly reducing the payout made with each Heist."

The update is expected to drop soon. If you are experiencing problems shout out in the comment section down below.
  • Khaos89 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users