Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will Rockstar ever fix the singleplayer?

45 replies to this topic
Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:21 AM Edited by Schismatist, 26 January 2014 - 04:46 AM.

I deeply apologize if there have been recent topics similar to this.

Lately in GTAV's single player it seems like people have been experiencing a plethora of problems, whether it be freezing on loading savefiles, certain missions/side-missions not appearing, inferior draw distance and other various graphical effects. I decided to start a third playthrough of the game, hoping to 100% it, luckily I only got near the second heist when I noticed the third Paparazzi mission wasn't appearing. I dealt with an issue similar to this when the game first came out, where it outright skipped large segments of the story. This seemed to have been fixed around patch 1.07, which is around when I finished my first playthrough of the game with no hiccups.
Anyway, I just worry that Rockstar has prioritize themselves to updating the online as if the single player is just something done and over with. Perhaps it's just the hacking issue that has distracted them from these obvious singleplayer issues. I've been replaying GTAIV up until they fix the singleplayer for V, as I don't have any interest in playing Online.

EDIT: I'd like to apologize for the sensationalist title, it didn't seem so dramatic when I first wrote it but looking back I cringe a little. : P

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by Tenxax, 26 January 2014 - 03:26 AM.

They're currently trying to fix both problems. But people have to understand that there are two separate teams which one focus in SP and the other in MP.

• iainspad likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

Online was the focus of patches for a while because it was hacked to f*ck and broken. SP got put on hold because it wasn't broken. However, the Online updates have given way to some SP problems.

I'm sure R*'s working on it. And it's harder when you have to wait 2 weeks for a patch to come out after submitting it to Microsoft/Sony.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

They're currently trying to fix both problems. But people have to understand that there are two separate teams which one focus in SP and the other in MP.

There are? I haven't heard anything about that before but that may make some sense.

Online was the focus of patches for a while because it was hacked to f*ck and broken. SP got put on hold because it wasn't broken. However, the Online updates have given way to some SP problems.

I'm sure R*'s working on it. And it's harder when you have to wait 2 weeks for a patch to come out after submitting it to Microsoft/Sony.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't want to seem impatient, I'm just a tad frustrated because I've really been enjoying the game and I want to experience as much as I can of it, but man, it's kinda difficult when the patches they make for Online somehow mess up the single player to the point you just can't access some content. : P

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

There are? I haven't heard anything about that before but that may make some sense.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't want to seem impatient, I'm just a tad frustrated because I've really been enjoying the game and I want to experience as much as I can of it, but man, it's kinda difficult when the patches they make for Online somehow mess up the single player to the point you just can't access some content. : P

The glitches also seem to be more prevalent on the PS3. My 360 GTA 5 version hasn't had any of the problems people are talking about. I'm just lucky, I guess.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:38 AM Edited by Nameless Foot Soldier, 26 January 2014 - 03:40 AM.

They have been releasing patches for single player. The stripclub glitch, the lighting is back, the car spawning is slowly getting better. From my knowledge, they seem to be fixing a lot of complaints. They just keep messing with some coding every other patch and mess something up but that's usally fixed in the next or two patches.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

I play on ps3 and I've rarely to never experience any problems in SP except for the stripclub glitch like @Nameless Foot Soldier said. The game's been running smooth for me since day 1
  • ActionBronson likes this

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

I play on ps3 and I've rarely to never experience any problems in SP except for the stripclub glitch like @Nameless Foot Soldier said. The game's been running smooth for me since day 1

I never experienced the strip club glitch, but I've always experienced loading glitches for missions besides when the earlier patches came around. I've been playing on PS3 as well.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:07 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 26 January 2014 - 04:10 AM.

I hope this thread doesnt get locked.but OP when you say "People" there about 30ml people playing GTA 5 on PS3/Xbox360 and the Problems/issues are only like half the fraction,my copy of GTA 5 is great and i havent encounted any problems with GTA 5 except minor problems like the Failed save and that was once.unless if you want to count glitches and bugs(in which i havent encountered in singleplayer) yeah there are glitches in GTA 5 but not that much unlike GTA Online.Everything else about the Game is beautiful,from Graphics,Visuals,Draw Distance etc. i play on 360 btw.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

I hope this thread doesnt get locked.but OP when you say "People" there about 30ml people playing GTA 5 on PS3/Xbox360 and the Problems/issues are only like half the fraction,my copy of GTA 5 is great and i havent encounted any problems with GTA 5 except minor problems like the Failed save and that was once.unless if you want to count glitches and bugs(in which i havent encountered in singleplayer) yeah there are glitches in GTA 5 but not that much unlike GTA Online.Everything else about the Game is beautiful,from Graphics,Visuals,Draw Distance etc. i play on 360 btw.

Perhaps I was under the impression that the problems were more prevalent than they actually are, but looking at the Troubleshooting section, and browsing other forums, has definitely shown that these issues are applying to a good amount of people. Which is a shame, since you're right that the game's beautiful. I suppose it's difficult for me to sympathize with the idea of working around these problems for now since, I haven't cared about Online all that much lately.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

I like you, OP. You're sensible. You're automatically better than 95% of the forum. Congrats.

Now, do you play on PS3? The glitches seem more prevalent on there.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

The Troubleshooting only have 2000 threads out of 30 million+ playing the game.anyways i think the Problems is more of PS3 than the 360.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

I like you, OP. You're sensible. You're automatically better than 95% of the forum. Congrats.

Now, do you play on PS3? The glitches seem more prevalent on there.

Thanks!
And yup, I'm playing PS3. Just right before the release of GTAV I did the whole File Restoration thing, as I've dealt with freezing and large amounts of lag in GTAIV. GTAV has ran pretty smoothly but perhaps since then I've done some hard resets that have caused more files to corrupt. It's very interesting to me that this is just effecting a small margin of PS3(and potentially 360) users, so there must be some sort of pattern.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:38 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 26 January 2014 - 04:38 AM.

Huh. Everyone I've talked to that has experienced the glitches said it was on PS3.

And if it's only on one system, that's gonna make it harder to find/fix, since it could also tie into the system itself.

I feel for R*. Bug fixing is a pain in the ass. I can't imagine doing it in a AAA open world game.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

Huh. Everyone I've talked to that has experienced the glitches said it was on PS3.

And if it's only on one system, that's gonna make it harder to find/fix, since it could also tie into the system itself.

I feel for R*. Bug fixing is a pain in the ass. I can't imagine doing it in a AAA open world game.

Ironic that many of the demos showcased to media outlets were on the PS3. Also I believe that the game intially had less issues on PS3 than 360. I've seen in some places that people have experienced the freezing when loading a savefile on 360 as well.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by liquidussnake119, 26 January 2014 - 04:48 AM.

Only glitch that has effected me regularly is that I can't load saved games from in game, only on initial boot.

Which is a pretty big pain in the ass, but it could be a lot worse I guess.  

Oh yeah, I'm on PS3 of course.

Also, as someone above pointed, it is pretty funny that PS3 is having so many issues now, since the bug log makes it seem like PS3 was the more stable build during development.

• DeafMetal likes this

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

Only glitch that has effected me regularly is that I can't load saved games from in game, only on initial boot.

Also, as someone above pointed, it is pretty funny that PS3 is having so many issues now, since the bug log makes it seem like PS3 was the more stable build during development.

Haha man. You may want to watch out, because when I was just experiencing the loading glitch I was thinking "man, at least side-missions are still appearing for me unlike all those other dweebs" and then bam. I get afflicted with the same problem. : P

I just finished File Restoring on my PS3, I'm going to see if this fixes the loading save file issue, I'm not quite sure how to test the side mission issue though, I guess I'll start a new save file and see how it goes.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:55 AM Edited by fish61324, 26 January 2014 - 04:55 AM.

It's funny because over in the online forums you'll find threads that say   ... "R* is focusing way too much on SP and aren't paying any attention to fixing MP"  lol.... R* really dropped the ball with GTA V.... I'm now officially waiting for Just Cause 3

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:06 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 26 January 2014 - 05:06 AM.

Ironic that many of the demos showcased to media outlets were on the PS3. Also I believe that the game intially had less issues on PS3 than 360. I've seen in some places that people have experienced the freezing when loading a savefile on 360 as well.

It's weird because I assume the 360 and PS3 got the same updates, so it mostly affecting only one system is just bizarre.

I have no idea what can cause that. If it wasn't the patch f*cking up somewhere...I have no idea.

It could be like Skyrim, and be a result of a f*cked up memory usage.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

It's weird because I assume the 360 and PS3 got the same updates, so it mostly affecting only one system is just bizarre.

I have no idea what can cause that. If it wasn't the patch f*cking up somewhere...I have no idea.

It could be like Skyrim, and be a result of a f*cked up memory usage.

The PS3's got a ridiculously bizarre architecture, so even applying the same updates can lead to different results due to the hardware differences. It could be similar to Skyrim, considering every interaction you have with an NPC is saved in the game in some way(such as how many people you've killed)

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

Haha man. You may want to watch out, because when I was just experiencing the loading glitch I was thinking "man, at least side-missions are still appearing for me unlike all those other dweebs" and then bam. I get afflicted with the same problem. : P

I just finished File Restoring on my PS3, I'm going to see if this fixes the loading save file issue, I'm not quite sure how to test the side mission issue though, I guess I'll start a new save file and see how it goes.

I just realized that Hao's racing mission hasn't popped up.

I'm also pretty sure that Michaels mission "Marriage Counseling" should have shown up before it actually did...(I had to do Tonyas first mission to get it to show up)

Ugh

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

I'm also pretty sure that Michaels mission "Marriage Counseling" should have shown up before it actually did...(I had to do Tonyas first mission to get it to show up)

Ugh

I just started a new game, I'm going to be playing very cautiously. Keeping multiple saves and the sort.. I recommend the same man, sorry. : /

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:31 AM

Ugh

I just started a new game, I'm going to be playing very cautiously. Keeping multiple saves and the sort.. I recommend the same man, sorry. : /

Also turn off autosave if you haven't already. Autosave can either be your best friend or worst enemy, and it's usually the latter in GTA.

• krashr likes this

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

Nah, their focus is... elsewhere.

Spoiler

• Schismatist likes this

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

haha i feel your pain op.

luckily in this game (hopefully i don't jinx myself) i've only had a couple of game freezes so far.

i haven't updated it at all though, so sometimes i miss out on cool things, but i also miss out on new bugs

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Spoiler

If I buy a cash card will the glitches go away?

• saintsrow likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

Spoiler

Oh yeah, give $500k to everyone, that'll definitely entice them to buy cash cards!

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Actually I have been keeping multiple saves, and have autosave off.

I don't think it's going to help though, as I'm only on marriage counseling on this newest playthrough...

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

Both are obviously taken care of, mainly ONLINE as it depends on SP completely.
SP already feels highly polished experience despite few technical annoyances.
I'm sure they will patch the remaining when ONLINE becomes stable.
As such, before heists, story mode, Casino and unlocking many awaited areas are still put on hold for the abv reason as both esp. ONLINE still under major repairing rather SP just needs one or two patches.
  • Geralt of Rivia likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:27 AM

Both are obviously taken care of, mainly ONLINE as it depends on SP completely.
SP already feels highly polished experience despite few technical annoyances.
I'm sure they will patch the remaining when ONLINE becomes stable.
As such, before heists, story mode, Casino and unlocking many awaited areas are still put on hold for the abv reason as both esp. ONLINE still under major repairing rather SP just needs one or two patches.

Great Comment bro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users