Photo

Car bombs

50 replies to this topic
Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:37 AM Edited by Headdogg81, 27 January 2014 - 12:39 AM.

Personally a stand out car empty on the streets makes me weary. You cannot do anything with other players PV's so I dont see why people would take a chance in getting in when it could have a bomb. I just move on. Or get out a jerry can and douse it. Line up my car exhaust and away I go. Oops... Blown PV and its not my fault. :p

Edit: I also agree with senormidget. Have the ability to go more than 10 steps away from a non PV with bomb and not have it dissapear.

• sexboxlive likes this

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:27 AM Edited by AussieAustin, 27 January 2014 - 02:27 AM.

I tried the non PV method myself and it worked but you can't take your eyes off the car for long.  Have a friend watch it while you climb the roof if it keeps disappearing.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:30 AM

pfft >.< they should work on me! other wise wheres the moments of comedy gold of taking the car setting it somewhere coming back forgetting what you'd done and..boom! but thanks for the answer(s) ^.^

+1

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

I've been putting ignition bombs in HPVs for the car bomber award. What's nice is they won't despawn when you leave the area, except when Simeon no longer wants that type of vehicle.

It's always funny when someone camps me out at LSC and tries to steal the car for themselves, doubly so when they parked their PV right next to it. If no one is around, I'll just leave it parked there and head out to some other part of the map.

I've actually collected a few bounties with this method, but the best kill was a tank griefer camping LSC that somehow managed to not blow it up, and then got out of the tank to take the car. He went boom and I took his tank.

• Justin.. and Rammer2k like this

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

I put an ignition bomb on my coquette today. A person in passive mode stole it and it never blew up???? I even checked to make sure I hadn't done the remote bomb and couldn't go into LSC. god dammit. Thought I was one closer to the achievement lol

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

My Phoenix was an Ignition Bomb magnet.  Just park it at, or near LSC.  Within 10 mins.....Boom....and a message saying I killed would be car thief.  I had it un-modded too so people would think it was an actual stock Phoenix lying around. 

Remote Bomb is pretty fun.  I just sit in my apartment, and watch my PV icon start to move.  I usually shoot the thief a quick text before detonation.

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Works every time I put an ignition bomb on my stinger gt or cognoscenti cabrio when I park them at Los santos customs in vinewood. It's mostly newbs that get in and even some higher level idiots. I start my session by parking my car there actually and just drive around in a npc car or a cop car. Then when I get my kill ill message lol and start using my rides again. Do it for the awards. I also did it to the high priority vehicle last night. That was funny.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

I usually shoot the thief a quick text before detonation.

"you took my ride, you'll be on a slab soon!"

• ~TKP~ likes this

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

I always leave my doors unlocked, because I think it's funny when someone steals my car. And hey if they break it, they pay for it.

I like stock cars, it seams more realistic to me. Ill try this tonight on my stock midnight blue schafter. Thx

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

leaving cars blocking the entrance of the main lsc is so much fun...

i normally put the ignition bomb, park the car in the entrance and shot the car so it looks like the owner was killed while trying to enter lsc.

there is a SC award for killing players with ignition/remote bombs, thank god i got it before the purge, its a really expensive prank!

Hey I told that story once : ) theres a thread about it

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

If a mugger tries to get in the car will the ignition bomb detonate?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

CarimboHanky, on 26 Jan 2014 - 1:15 PM, said:

i normally put the ignition bomb, park the car in the entrance and shot the car so it looks like the owner was killed while trying to enter lsc.

there is a SC award for killing players with ignition/remote bombs, thank god i got it before the purge, its a really expensive prank!

won't people just blow it up?

it's what I'd do if a car is blocking LSC

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

Nope I got 3 today. I was sat on roof in passive so it looked like I was inside haha

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

If a mugger tries to get in the car will the ignition bomb detonate?

Answering my own question here because I just tried this... I armed my car with the ignition bomb... someone called lamar for me.. he got in the car and drove off.  Heh.

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

what I wish you could do is when you have a ignition bomb for your car, another option shows up in the quick menu, where you could set who could get in the car WITHOUT the bomb going off, just like vehicle access you can set the access to Everyone (meaning no one will trigger the bomb), Crew, Crew + Friends, Friends and finnaly No One, meaning anyone but You will set the bomb off.

And much like vehicle access, if you change it while there in the , depending on what setting and who is in the car, you can "remote" detonate the car bomb. for ex. if a random person gets in when you have it set to "Everyone" then they get in the car no problem, but then if you change it to Friends, then the car bomb goes off.

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Isn't that the idea of remote bomb ? Lol

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

CarimboHanky, on 26 Jan 2014 - 1:15 PM, said:

won't people just blow it up?

it's what I'd do if a car is blocking LSC

And then you'll have a smoldering car frame blocking the entrance.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 21 February 2014 - 09:06 PM.

The remote bomb is useless when you can just throw a sticky bomb on the inside of your car door.  Plus it's a way cheaper alternative.  Also, it makes me feel kind of kamikaze.

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

And once installed, they do not carry into missions or into new sessions. Make sure to use it

The remote bombs carry over. Only the ignition don't. I had to detonate my carbonizzara which had a remote bonb fitted from before the cash sweep. Blew it up yesterday cos I wanted to respray it

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Personally a stand out car empty on the streets makes me weary. You cannot do anything with other players PV's so I dont see why people would take a chance in getting in when it could have a bomb. I just move on. Or get out a jerry can and douse it. Line up my car exhaust and away I go. Oops... Blown PV and its not my fault. :p

Edit: I also agree with senormidget. Have the ability to go more than 10 steps away from a non PV with bomb and not have it dissapear.

People are stupid. When I was working on the 'trust no one' tat I tried using random cars parked at the mid town LSC and they would despawn or no one would take them. 

I painted my Stinger GT Lime Green and left it parked there instead. Not even 5 minutes would go by before I got someone. Hell even my crew members would try to jump in it when we were all playing on an invite only server. It was expensive, but I got the tat.. Glad it was before the moneypocalypse. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by blk95ta, 21 February 2014 - 10:24 PM.

People are stupid. When I was working on the 'trust no one' tat I tried using random cars parked at the mid town LSC and they would despawn or no one would take them. 

I painted my Stinger GT Lime Green and left it parked there instead. Not even 5 minutes would go by before I got someone. Hell even my crew members would try to jump in it when we were all playing on an invite only server. It was expensive, but I got the tat.. Glad it was before the moneypocalypse. 

yeah i noticed the same with my JB 700. i have it painted silver just like the real thing and would back it into a spot at LSC and inevitably within a few minutes, someone would drive off with it and i'd detonate the remote bomb. i'd usually say something smartassed like "Do you really think James Bond would leave his half million dollar secret agent car unattended in a parking lot without some sort of anti theft system?" LOL

• redfirebird87 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users