Photo

Car bombs

50 replies to this topic
Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

So ive spent a little while trying to figure out how they work online o.O so i've upgraded two random cars with ignition bombs an attempted to well.. kill myself iwth them to see if they work o.O but i assume i'm missing something(mostly wanna do it as a way of driving around an if someone kills me for a random car they'll die when they get in ! >.<

but so far i've checked the phone incase it was like maybe single player where you detonate the phone on someones head... but there was no icon or anything ot indicate 'activating ' of bomb.

i tried activating it like you do a sticky bomb doesn't work. i'ved tried pressing every button cycling weapons ..getting out an back in the car.. an so far i can't see how it works o.O

so..anyone know how you activate them, or are they not activatable online? in which case why are they in multiplayer?>.< i wanna set my car to explode! i wanna get a car put an ignition bomb on it an park it outside! an then watch the security feed..boom! so any information on how you activate them would be nice..i could try the search function but i assume they wouldn't work well >.< since the general view point on this forum seems to be the search function sucks..so i'm avoiding it out of potential annoyance.

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

They don't work on you, only on other players.

• Pasternak, Luk38644, GTA-Freak-Vi and 3 others like this

Jackalackin
  • Jackalackin

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:54 AM Edited by Jackalackin, 26 January 2014 - 01:55 AM.

The ignition bomb works when someone (not you) gets in the vehicle and starts it up.

I've yet to do the remote bomb, but I assume it becomes active once another player gets in the car and drives off. Once they steal your car you can detonate the bomb

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Remote bombs you call in ur contacts
Ignition only works on other players

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:55 AM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 26 January 2014 - 01:56 AM.

:lol:

They don't work on you, only on other players.

• SCS_Skreamies likes this

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

pfft >.< they should work on me! other wise wheres the moments of comedy gold of taking the car setting it somewhere coming back forgetting what you'd done and..boom! but thanks for the answer(s) ^.^

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

pfft >.< they should work on me! other wise wheres the moments of comedy gold of taking the car setting it somewhere coming back forgetting what you'd done and..boom! but thanks for the answer(s) ^.^

If they did work on you, you couldn't "take the car and set it somewhere".

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

Hmm for those who have used bombs in their cars online, i have a question for you:

When you try to put a bomb in your car, it says it you will not be able to tune your car up any more. Does that mean if you tune your car up to the max (max performance, handling, visual upgrades, paint, etc.), you wont lose some of those settings?

But if you do put on a bomb on it, you cannot tweak your car anymore?

Oh, new question:

A car that explodes by any of the LS customs bombs: will you be able to get that back with insurance?

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:44 AM Edited by WBaker, 26 January 2014 - 05:45 AM.

You can call insurance to get your car back after destroying it with a car bomb. After it goes off or you find a new session or do a mission the car bomb is gone and you can mod your car again.

Edit: no other upgrades are lost.
  • SAUL_SILVER, SecludedMemory and StewNorth like this

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

And once installed, they do not carry into missions or into new sessions. Make sure to use it

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:25 AM Edited by saintsrow, 26 January 2014 - 06:25 AM.

And once installed, they do not carry into missions or into new sessions. Make sure to use it

That's what I noticed - I was putting them on my car, and then some asshole would steal it and he would not get exploded.  I only had it work once.  If you need to renew them when you get dropped into a new session after a race or mission, screw that sh*t.  At $5K a pop and they go away after a race, they are too damn expensive for the new GTA0 economy.  :bored:

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

Can you detonate the bomb from your apartment?

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu çocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

Can you detonate the bomb from your apartment?

yes,from everywhere you can use your phone

Once you put bombs in your vehicle,you can't modify it anymore.But if it gets destroyed,it will be available to modify again until you put a new bomb

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Did this once and it was glorious just because of the spot I put it in. I would try near Simeon's spot but that may take some serious patience.        

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:20 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 26 January 2014 - 09:20 AM.

The amount of '>.< and O.o smileys' is too damn high!

• Daviedv likes this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

The amount of '>.< and O.o smileys' is too damn high!

Oh you didn't know? Were all robots.. Or mechanical I mean. 

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:15 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 26 January 2014 - 12:15 PM.

leaving cars blocking the entrance of the main lsc is so much fun...

i normally put the ignition bomb, park the car in the entrance and shot the car so it looks like the owner was killed while trying to enter lsc.

there is a SC award for killing players with ignition/remote bombs, thank god i got it before the purge, its a really expensive prank!

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

Ignition : car blows up after a few seconds bipping when another player gets in ($5000)

Remote : phone contact to detonate the car immediately upon calling, regardless of who is in the car ($7500)

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hmm for those who have used bombs in their cars online, i have a question for you:

When you try to put a bomb in your car, it says it you will not be able to tune your car up any more. Does that mean if you tune your car up to the max (max performance, handling, visual upgrades, paint, etc.), you wont lose some of those settings?

But if you do put on a bomb on it, you cannot tweak your car anymore?

Oh, new question:

A car that explodes by any of the LS customs bombs: will you be able to get that back with insurance?

Yes but you pay the insurance. Remote/ignition bomb on an entity is funny but expensive.

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

My favorite weapon when I was a billionaire

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

I like rigging a car and picking some one up then bailing out at speed

(null)

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by blk95ta, 26 January 2014 - 02:18 PM.

The ignition bomb works when someone (not you) gets in the vehicle and starts it up.
I've yet to do the remote bomb, but I assume it becomes active once another player gets in the car and drives off. Once they steal your car you can detonate the bomb

You can detonate the remote bomb on yourself. I had a coquette with one and had detonated it but the contact was still in my phone while driving a stinger which was in the garage spot directly across from the coquette and that spot had been known for duping the coquette into it randomly before i put the stinger there. I called the detonate bomb contact and boom, lol. The coquette bomb had mysteriously duped itself to to the stinger.

You can also detonate the remote bomb even if no one is in the car. You can kill someone with it if they are close enough to it. I have used my bait car like that before at lsc. Some jerk was shooting people in the parking lot and he got close to my jb 700 so i blew him up with it. He didn't see it coming. In the billionaire days i used to leave the jb 700 at lsc with the remote bomb on it and some sucker would always steal it and get blown to bits as soon as they left the parking lot. Once after blowing someone up with it, i called mors and got a new one and took it to lsc for another bomb. As soon as i spawned out, some idiot spawn killed me and stole the car. He then drove past me as i spawned with my car as his "trophy". I took great pleasure in detonating the bomb on his dumb ass lol. Those kinds of kills cost me about $12k to get but they were well worth it.
  • TomKongPhooey likes this

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

derpy derp derp

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

I like rigging a car and picking some one up then bailing out at speed

(null)

Does that actually work??

The Hotknife if you have one is the best car for ignition bombs, thats the one i had the most success with.  People wised up to the pink entity parked outside LSC hehe. 

Any "rare" car will work for car bombing.  You want a car that someone else will want to take for a spin.  Or just block the front door to LSC with any rigged car so someone has to get in to move it and BOOM!

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

So you wanna kill yourself with an ignition bomb because you think it would be funny because you forgot you did it. Ok.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I have a stock Tailgater that I tried multiple times to bait with. Never actually worked for me though. Noone would pick it up. :(

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

I have a stock Tailgater that I tried multiple times to bait with. Never actually worked for me though. Noone would pick it up. :(

It must really stand out to get people to notice it.  People would drive past my Hotknife then come back get in and BOOM!

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

I thought leaving it stock would make people think its just a NPC car and not one picked up by a player and would be more inclined to jack it.

AussieAustin
  • AussieAustin

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I thought leaving it stock would make people think its just a NPC car and not one picked up by a player and would be more inclined to jack it.

I never had much success that way as well though.  Seemed to be the most outrageous looking cars would get people in it. ie pink cars with body kits.  With less cash around people are less inclined to blow cars up all the time.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by senormidget, 27 January 2014 - 12:35 AM.

It sucks that you can only really do it on PVs. I fully modded a stolen Sultan and parked outside the doors of LSC and when I climbed onto the roof to watch it had despawned. It's a good thing I was a billionaire at the time.

They should make it so that any non-PV you modify doesn't disappear until it's destroyed.
  • SAUL_SILVER likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users