The GTA V beta hunt

7,294 replies to this topic
Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but the unknown cutscene audio of the drunk woman near the end is likely related to the drunk woman inside the police station during Prison Break - Station. Whether it plays like that in-game or whether this is the beta version, I'm not sure, but given the length of the quotes plugged together it suggests there's plenty of variety for if another player decides to stick around the station until completion of the mission.

Also, listening to the fleeca finale was interesting - seems that tiny Fleeca branch on Vespucci Bvard in pillbox hill is likely one of the other two branches alongside the GOW branch - seems the bust escape plan leads them across legion square (literally outside), to the parking lot adjacent to the FIB Building. 'Left, left, then right', makes sense, leads you onto the rails and the gap in the wall does indeed lead into the river.

It's strange how the Seashark setup mission doesn't quite link up to the finale - Lester tells them to go through the canals and past Vespucci beach. That storm drain doesn't quite link up to the storm drain he refers to in the finale. So that'd be a lengthy mission. I really love the idea of the sub stations but I can see complications in terms of lighting.

The riot vans were interesting too. I always wondered how the vans were just 'coincidentally in the parking lot'. It'd have made sense to have this setup but clearly they had to think about bigger priorities - getting a plane, getting a plan to get inside and out again, etc. So putting the van in the location that makes most sense seemed a logical approach.

I remember hearing all these individually ages ago, even writing about it, but it makes much more sense now someone was able to order it. Most of my predictions were correct, but the fleeca case has changed my view entirely.
  • TomilovSenya, Iskanchik2004, TheWhiteHat and 1 other like this

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

Decided to go ahead and recreate the Prison Break Riot Vans heist setup mission based entirely on the audios, but also research into the smallest of details. Enjoy!

• Mastah, Carrythxd, MGgames100 and 12 others like this

Vadim M.
  • Vadim M.

Stay tuned

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:53 PM Edited by Vadim M., 02 October 2017 - 02:18 PM.

As you already know, PS4 was officially cracked and PS4 build is now available over the Internet.

Nothing too interesting, because OpenIV can't open the files, because it can't find the encryption key.

So yeah, no new beta content for now.

• EVOLUT7ON, ToyGT_one, UltraGizmo64 and 11 others like this

DerekLeet
  • DerekLeet

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:00 AM

So were the Sharmoota Heist sound files inside the SS_NP rpf in the audio folders already discovered or something? Specifically "nhh.awc" and "nhh2a.awc" inside the SS_NP.rpf file.

Cause I haven't seen any reference to them so far in the thread.

• WildBrick142 and MrBellicLC like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:26 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 03 October 2017 - 06:26 PM.

As you already know, PS4 was officially cracked and PS4 build is now available over the Internet.

Nothing too interesting, because OpenIV can't open the files, because it can't find the encryption key.

Sweet, gonna grab a copy over the weekend. Hopefully there will be some goodies waiting once they'll become openable.

inb4 controversy, I've bought the game 3 times including one copy on the PS4.

So were the Sharmoota Heist sound files inside the SS_NP rpf in the audio folders already discovered or something? Specifically "nhh.awc" and "nhh2a.awc" inside the SS_NP.rpf file.

I believe it was covered somewhere before. I know that Vadim has a video on it anyway.

• DerekLeet, Monkeypolice188, TheWhiteHat and 1 other like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:04 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 03 October 2017 - 07:04 PM.

I don't think there's going to be anything different from the PC version in the files. On a forum which I won't linkf or obvious reasons, it was found that the executable is very similar to the PC version, including all natives being in the same position and having the same hashes. Not surprising, given the game is compiled for very similar architectures on all platforms now, PC and current-gen consoles which are all x86_64 based.

Along with this, the development folder for the PS4 executable is also X:\gta5\build\dev_ng\ just like PC, only the executable format changes, which leads me to believe every single file is the same, except audio which is compressed to MP3 on the PS4 (found in the executable strings, "PS4MP3").

Unfortunately I don't have the executable and my findings here on this computer but it's not much, just some debugging stuff inside the strings of the executable that's not visible on PC.

• Tomasak, UltraGizmo64, WildBrick142 and 5 others like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Yeah, current-gen V is the same build on all three platforms, PC one even has few frontend textures from the consoles.

• Spider-Vice likes this

DerekLeet
  • DerekLeet

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:28 PM Edited by DerekLeet, 03 October 2017 - 11:29 PM.

I believe it was covered somewhere before. I know that Vadim has a video on it anyway.

Vadim's video was about the voice files for the setup mission, "nhs1b.awc" which wasn't a part of the 2 that I mentioned.

The 2 files have a bunch of sound files for enemy npcs to be used specifically in the mission, much like how the O'Neils have ones for the mission Crystal Maze.

The audio tracks appear to use a few of the voice actors for the Vagos, and the majority of the files inside nhh.awc mention the safe, the horse, the disguises that Michael and Trevor would have to wear (mimes for plan A, clowns for plan C), and a "la sharmoota" which I couldn't find a proper translation in Spanish for.

"nhh2a.awc" has tracks for plan B, the stealthy approach to the heist, inside it. I haven't gone through much of it yet but there'll probably be some equally interesting stuff in there.

• MrBellicLC likes this

Microsoft Word
  • Microsoft Word

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:33 AM Edited by Microsoft Word, 07 October 2017 - 03:14 AM.

Well, it's finally happened, and we can now dig (slightly) deeper into into the PS4 version, but encryption for the .rpf archives is still yet to be cracked. File structure and sizes are very similar to that of the PC version:

Spoiler

So now we know the PS4 version uses ps4x.rpf as its naming scheme. 

In the sce_companion_httpd/html/icons directory, strangely enough, we can see the icons for the radar exposed as .pngs, which is strange as to why they're not packaged into any .rpf.

Spoiler

There is also a collection of what appears to be NG screenshots in the directory, sce_companion_httpd/html/info: (Not sure if these are unseen, I'll upload them to a Mega folder if they look unfamiliar as they date back as early 2014):

Spoiler
  • Mastah, Tomasak, Carrythxd and 11 others like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:28 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 04 October 2017 - 10:31 AM.

Well, it's finally happened, and we can now dig (slightly) deeper into into the PS4 version, but encryption for the .rpf archives are still yet to be cracked. File structure and sizes are very similar to that of the PC version:

Spoiler

So now we know the PS4 version uses ps4x.rpf as its naming scheme. 

In the sce_companion_httpd/html/icons directory, strangely enough, we can see the icons for the radar exposed as .pngs, which is strange as to why they're not packaged into any .rpf.

Spoiler

There is also a collection of what appears to be NG screenshots in the directory, sce_companion_httpd/html/info: (Not sure if these are unseen, I'll upload them to a Mega folder if they look unfamiliar as they date back as early 2014):

Spoiler

PC is definitely the build the current gen consoles are built from. Nvidia anti-aliasing? The launcher .exe? That's all PC stuff that wouldn't be in the PS4 version (aside from maybe the launcher, IDK how PS4 handles launching games).  Though really, this might mean there wouldn't be much stuff we haven't already seen in the PC files.

As for those screenshots, there are definitely a few last gen shots that I recognize being posted on media. Most of these I've never seen though. It feels like they just took a bunch of screenshots for either promotional or dev purposes and just threw them in the game directory for later. 

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

I think you misunderstood the first image, it's PC on the left and PS4 on the right

Microsoft Word
  • Microsoft Word

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:43 AM Edited by Microsoft Word, 07 October 2017 - 03:16 AM.

[ ... ]

PC is definitely the build the current gen consoles are built from. Nvidia anti-aliasing? The launcher .exe? That's all PC stuff that wouldn't be in the PS4 version (aside from maybe the launcher, IDK how PS4 handles launching games).  Though really, this might mean there wouldn't be much stuff we haven't already seen in the PC files.

As for those screenshots, there are definitely a few last gen shots that I recognize being posted on media. Most of these I've never seen though. It feels like they just took a bunch of screenshots for either promotional or dev purposes and just threw them in the game directory for later. 

The PC exes are simply for the launching of RSGC and the DRM that authenticates execution of the game, whereas the PS4 has its own internal DRM and doesn't require any external processes to authenticate the execution and simply loads the eboot.bin (essentially the equivalent of GTA5.exe) and any required system libraries and drivers into RAM that the executable specifies. As for the screenshots, should I upload them? And if so which platform is the most suitable?

Edit: Folder already uploaded by Ash_735

MrBellicLC
  • MrBellicLC

same things make us laugh make us cry

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

[ ... ]

The PC exes are simply for the launching of RSGC and the DRM that authenticates execution of the game, whereas the PS4 has its own internal DRM and doesn't require any external processes to authenticate the execution and simply loads the eboot.bin (essentially the equivalent of GTA5.exe) and any required system libraries and drivers into RAM that the executable specifies. As for the screenshots, should I upload them? And if so which platform is the most suitable?

Just upload them to Imgur

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

@Microsoft Word: Those are actually the files for the "Companion" app, aka, the digital manual and guide, they are not the games actual Radar files, but used for the digital map instead, anyway it at least gives us the names of these icons, for those who want to see this folder...

https://www.dropbox...._httpd.zip?dl=0
https://www.sendspace.com/file/x21vg5
  • Spider-Vice, WildBrick142, Microsoft Word and 2 others like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

>ps4 companion app
>"http://sg.xboxlive.c...e2014-1/Xbc.js"in index.html

Clean ur stuff R*

• MrBellicLC likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:21 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 04 October 2017 - 04:21 PM.

Vadim's video was about the voice files for the setup mission, "nhs1b.awc" which wasn't a part of the 2 that I mentioned.

The 2 files have a bunch of sound files for enemy npcs to be used specifically in the mission, much like how the O'Neils have ones for the mission Crystal Maze.

The audio tracks appear to use a few of the voice actors for the Vagos, and the majority of the files inside nhh.awc mention the safe, the horse, the disguises that Michael and Trevor would have to wear (mimes for plan A, clowns for plan C), and a "la sharmoota" which I couldn't find a proper translation in Spanish for.

"nhh2a.awc" has tracks for plan B, the stealthy approach to the heist, inside it. I haven't gone through much of it yet but there'll probably be some equally interesting stuff in there.

I've been doing stuff related to audio for a while now so I've listened to those 2 weeks ago and there isn't anything that could be understood. The only English lines are between the Madrazo gang members and some unknown guy they've captured, likely as a background scenario to show what Madrazo's gang is up to and give a bit of life to the ranch. It could be interesting if we had someone who understands Spanish though, but it's more than likely to be taunts and stuff we already know.

• DerekLeet and MrBellicLC like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:39 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 04 October 2017 - 08:43 PM.

Here's the raw extracted strings for the GTA V PS4 executable. This DOES include binary garbage, so scavenge as deeply as needed. Some interesting stuff when the real strings begin in the file though.,

https://drive.google...THI2SEZMMmlUMFE

Here are some of my finds:

First off, the development directory, which is exactly the same one as PC: x:/gta5/build/dev_ng/game_orbis_final.elf

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

By the way, this also makes me think that the #ft, #map, etc files have the Y prefix on the next gen versions of the game as well. The development directory and even code is basically the same on all platforms, only audio changes (folders for each in the same root folder, i.e. /dev_ng/ps4, /dev_ng/xbox1, /dev_ng/x64) and a few select files maybe, like shaders and the version.txt. There is no reason for map placement, model, collision, etc files to be any different, so I'm staying with my theory that the "Y" is indeed for Yamhill, which is the codename for the Intel64 architecture, just like PS3 was "C" for Cell and Xbox "X" for Xenon.

After all you can just fire up Visual Studio and compile the same code for 3 different profiles, "ps4, "xbox1" and "x64".

• _CP_, Tomasak, Carrythxd and 11 others like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Good find. I'm thinking that PS4 prefix is O instead of Y because of Orbis.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

I dunno, I would think that they kept the same for PC/PS4/Xbox One, but I guess it IS possible they used Orbis/Durango, so we'd have omap, dmap, and ymap on PC.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

btw what's with the ps4 dump boom now? I know the redumps work on 1.76 without having to buy games, but didn't already exist dumps, which could be browsed (but couldn't be run on ps4)?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

I guess this latest dump spread around faster than the others. Also it included a decrypted executable.

• Tomasak likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Ye, there are 2 dumps from 2014
https://layer13.net/rls?id=6049852

https://layer13.net/rls?id=6063530

but the decrypted executable helps a lot.

Microsoft Word
  • Microsoft Word

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:20 AM Edited by Microsoft Word, 05 October 2017 - 01:54 AM.

I've always assumed that the consoles have their own unique prefixes e.g .oft and .dft since their file formats would be oriented around the different graphics APIs.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:19 AM Edited by Spider-Vice, 05 October 2017 - 11:21 AM.

Could be, but I thought those had to do with the CPU and not the GPU or the console's codename.

Edit: Yes you are right! Found in the executable. Includes old RAGE formats too, lol.

offset: 36426896 - ResourcePlacementThread
Offset: 36426923 - rpf
Offset: 36426927 - odr
Offset: 36426931 - oft
Offset: 36426935 - odd
Offset: 36426939 - otd
Offset: 36426943 - ocd
Offset: 36426947 - obn
Offset: 36426951 - obd
Offset: 36426955 - obs
Offset: 36426959 - old
Offset: 36426963 - opm
Offset: 36426967 - oed
Offset: 36426971 - opt
Offset: 36426975 - omap
Offset: 36426980 - opdb
Offset: 36426985 - mrf
Offset: 36426989 - onv
Offset: 36426993 - ohn
Offset: 36426997 - osc
Offset: 36427001 - cut
Offset: 36427005 - gfx
Offset: 36427009 - opl
Offset: 36427013 - oam
Offset: 36427017 - ond
Offset: 36427021 - nod
Offset: 36427025 - ovr
Offset: 36427029 - owr
Offset: 36427033 - otyp
Offset: 36427038 - omf
Offset: 36427042 - onh
Offset: 36427046 - ofd
Offset: 36427050 - oldb
  • Tomasak, Carrythxd, WildBrick142 and 9 others like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Rockstar is definitely watching this beta thread closely and be like "You forget a thousand things every day, make sure this thread is one of them" lol
  • Spider-Vice, Carrythxd, Yan2295 and 6 others like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:34 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 06 October 2017 - 11:35 PM.

🤔

• Mastah, Spider-Vice, mads1153 and 27 others like this

Iskanchik2004
  • Iskanchik2004

All we had to do was follow the damn Train, CJ!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but the unknown cutscene audio of the drunk woman near the end is likely related to the drunk woman inside the police station during Prison Break - Station. Whether it plays like that in-game or whether this is the beta version, I'm not sure, but given the length of the quotes plugged together it suggests there's plenty of variety for if another player decides to stick around the station until completion of the mission.

Also, listening to the fleeca finale was interesting - seems that tiny Fleeca branch on Vespucci Bvard in pillbox hill is likely one of the other two branches alongside the GOW branch - seems the bust escape plan leads them across legion square (literally outside), to the parking lot adjacent to the FIB Building. 'Left, left, then right', makes sense, leads you onto the rails and the gap in the wall does indeed lead into the river.

It's strange how the Seashark setup mission doesn't quite link up to the finale - Lester tells them to go through the canals and past Vespucci beach. That storm drain doesn't quite link up to the storm drain he refers to in the finale. So that'd be a lengthy mission. I really love the idea of the sub stations but I can see complications in terms of lighting.

The riot vans were interesting too. I always wondered how the vans were just 'coincidentally in the parking lot'. It'd have made sense to have this setup but clearly they had to think about bigger priorities - getting a plane, getting a plan to get inside and out again, etc. So putting the van in the location that makes most sense seemed a logical approach.

I remember hearing all these individually ages ago, even writing about it, but it makes much more sense now someone was able to order it. Most of my predictions were correct, but the fleeca case has changed my view entirely.

It's lit!

N. Man
  • N. Man

Trying hard not be a Tryhard

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

Not really a beta thing, but anyone notice the map blips for weapons use GTA IV era icons? The Sniper icon is the PSG-1, the Grenade Launcher icon is the Episodes From Liberty City launcher, the SMG icon is essentially the Uzi from IV and the Assault Rifle icon doesn't even have a stock  bMXj7bt.png

• MrBellicLC likes this

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:21 PM Edited by Monkeypolice188, 16 October 2017 - 08:24 PM.

Not really a beta thing, but anyone notice the map blips for weapons use GTA IV era icons? The Sniper icon is the PSG-1, the Grenade Launcher icon is the Episodes From Liberty City launcher, the SMG icon is essentially the Uzi from IV and the Assault Rifle icon doesn't even have a stock  bMXj7bt.png

Most of those weapon blips are unused though. Look at Split Sides. They're just copied over as a base. Can probably even used the same texture mapping coordinates lol

Edit, actually, are those used in deathmatches? I recognise them but I swear they're a little different. Might be wrong.
  • N. Man likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:37 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 16 October 2017 - 08:38 PM.

Not really a beta thing, but anyone notice the map blips for weapons use GTA IV era icons? The Sniper icon is the PSG-1, the Grenade Launcher icon is the Episodes From Liberty City launcher, the SMG icon is essentially the Uzi from IV and the Assault Rifle icon doesn't even have a stock 

Spoiler

Most of those weapon blips are unused though. Look at Split Sides. They're just copied over as a base. Can probably even used the same texture mapping coordinates lol

Edit, actually, are those used in deathmatches? I recognise them but I swear they're a little different. Might be wrong.

Split Sides was going to be a thing, though. It's not just a simple copy-paste job, and the icons from IV were all separate textures rather than one big texture sheet.

And yes, the weapon blips are used in deathmatches/any gamemode with weapon icons on the map.
  • N. Man, HeySlickThatsMe, Monkeypolice188 and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users