7,297 replies to this topic
N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

-snip-

Marry me. Are we able to apply the modification parts to the vehicles by a glitch or are they not linked?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:05 AM

-snip-

Marry me. Are we able to apply the modification parts to the vehicles by a glitch or are they not linked?

They're not linked (don't have the data), so there's no way to apply those without modding the game.

• N R G likes this

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

-snip-

They're not linked (don't have the data), so there's no way to apply those without modding the game.

rip.
are they the only vehicles or haven't you checked everything yet?

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:05 AM

-snip-

rip.

you know how many vehicles there are in this game, do you?

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:15 AM Edited by N R G, 07 August 2017 - 05:18 AM.

-snip-

rip.

If my memory serves me correctly there is a total of 521 vehicles (not counting unused vehicles). There's nothing wrong in asking a simple question

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

-snip-

rip.

If my memory serves me correctly there is a total of 521 vehicles (not counting unused vehicles). There's nothing wrong in asking a simple question

there is nothing wrong with asking a question, i only meant that with that large number of vehicles, he can´t know if these are the only unused part. example: he needs to go ingame for every vehicle to see if it´s used.

i didn´t wanted to be mean, sry if it sounded like that

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

-snip-

rip.

I've only trawled through the basegame stuff yesterday, so, no, I haven't checked everything yet. The one thing I couldn't find is "Lemniscate" which some people claim to be the beta name for the FQ 2 -- would be great to know if there is an actual source for that or if someone made it up.

There are still some old modification parts that I can't view the model of (Feroci, Detonator/Gresley, Barbarian/Ruffian, and Tampa) but they're likely a copy-paste anyway so I'm not prioritizing that.

Aside from that I found a copy of Dubsta 6x6's parts in Heist Update files a few months ago. They're a much lower quality than the used Dubsta 6x6 parts and the rear bumpers have a slightly different appearance. To the left is the actual bumper, to the right is the unused one from Heists. Same difference is found on the other rear bumper.
5ynOvLD.png

• MGgames100 and N R G like this

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:34 PM Edited by Monkeypolice188, 07 August 2017 - 07:35 PM.

//In addition, the script refers to grabbing a woman/hostage numerous times, usually near/after the train crash scripts.
if (!audio::is_audio_scene_active("PROLOGUE_GRAB_WOMAN")) {
audio::start_audio_scene("PROLOGUE_GRAB_WOMAN")

Isn't grab_woman where the police grab the terrified lady who Trevor grabs near the end?

Edit: yep, didn't see you already noted that lol

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:34 PM Edited by N R G, 07 August 2017 - 10:46 PM.

I've only trawled through the basegame stuff yesterday, so, no, I haven't checked everything yet. The one thing I couldn't find is "Lemniscate" which some people claim to be the beta name for the FQ 2 -- would be great to know if there is an actual source for that or if someone made it up.

There are still some old modification parts that I can't view the model of (Feroci, Detonator/Gresley, Barbarian/Ruffian, and Tampa) but they're likely a copy-paste anyway so I'm not prioritizing that.

Aside from that I found a copy of Dubsta 6x6's parts in Heist Update files a few months ago. They're a much lower quality than the used Dubsta 6x6 parts and the rear bumpers have a slightly different appearance. To the left is the actual bumper, to the right is the unused one from Heists. Same difference is found on the other rear bumper.
5ynOvLD.png

Pretty sure the FQ2 has always been known as FQ2. I'm pretty sure the name 'lemniscate' is only referenced in the texture files but that may have been changed when the car came to current-gen. Have you check the texture files? I'm curious, why can't you open the old modification parts? Is there a problem with the files or do you just not want to post images because they've been uploaded here before? The old dubsta3 rear bumper looks like the model from the dubsta2 and dubsta. Are they the same model? It may have been used as a reference to aid in fitting the newer design model of the Dubsta.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:20 PM Edited by rollschuh2282, 07 August 2017 - 11:22 PM.

5ynOvLD.png

Pretty sure the FQ2 has always been known as FQ2. I'm pretty sure the name 'lemniscate' is only referenced in the texture files but that may have been changed when the car came to current-gen. Have you check the texture files? I'm curious, why can't you open the old modification parts? Is there a problem with the files or do you just not want to post images because they've been uploaded here before? The old dubsta3 rear bumper looks like the model from the dubsta2 and dubsta. Are they the same model? It may have been used as a reference to aid in fitting the newer design model of the Dubsta.
the files are most likely in a older version and openiv can open files only if they are on a specific Version.
i don't know the Version number at the Moment but here a example.
when the common Version of the files is 170, and you try to open a file with Version 150, it won't work.
these are only example Version numbers, i don't know what the actual Version numbers are at the moment.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

Nevermind about being unable to access the files. Hex editing one value in the file header is enough for OpenIV to load it. Nothing too interesting there, apart from two mods for the Barbarian/Ruffian - a dual headlight and a front guard. The dual headlight has been incorporated into the vehicle model as an extra instead, while the front guard remains unused.
FPHNZLh.png

Looking through the DLC modkits now, and I have some really disappointing stuff for people expecting the SP DLC. It's no secret that it's been abandoned and all, and that a lot of pieces from the DLC have been put into Online instead, but one last-gen DLC blatantly points this out if someone doesn't actually believe it yet.

When Rockstar said that more Flight School missions would be coming for SP, they did not lie. This would have been all for SP. Thanks to someone being careless enough on last-gen, they've left over two folders containing modkits for the Coquette Classic - one's a "mppilot" which is in use, the other is "sppilotschool" which is unused. Note that modkits are usually contained within a folder which carries the same name as the DLC pack.
FnJbfDj.png

Looking inside, there is noticeably less parts than for the final version, but most of them are the exact same as final parts but they lack the "Med" LOD level. Some parts are named differently - the cut "coq2_exh1", for example, is "coq2_exh4" in the final. The cut "coq2_bum1r" lacks the pointy things that would slot into the chassis so that the bumper actually holds on. To the left are the final MP DLC parts, to the right are the unused SP DLC parts.
djhJJOs.png

Sooo.... anyone who still believes that SP DLC's will come someday, you might want to cross Flight School off the list. Permanently.

• Mastah, Spider-Vice, Claude_Lib and 14 others like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:02 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 08 August 2017 - 02:08 AM.

Spoiler

what value needs to be edited?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

Spoiler

what value needs to be edited?

The file header is the first 5 bytes of the file: 52 53 43 37 A0

Change A0 to A2, this will update the Resource version from 160 to 162 and you will be allowed to view the model. If you close OpenIV for some reason the file reverts back to original, though.

Merciful Agent
  • Merciful Agent

Formerly Viper-Venom

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:05 AM Edited by Merciful Agent, 08 August 2017 - 03:11 AM.

That's a damn shame about SP flight school and SP DLC as a whole. Although I wouldn't be surprised if a decent chunk of the content we have in online came from the scrapped SP DLC. Also, for vehicles like the Sadler which have a few different body style variants, I bet those used to be LSC options as well, similar to the Ruffian.

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:36 AM Edited by N R G, 08 August 2017 - 05:36 AM.

I'm surprised that out of all vehicles we've heard nothing about the Oracle XS's extras that existed in GTAIV but were abandoned for GTAV. As for vehicle file names, I believe R* must have a database of sorts that they dump pre-production content in. Most likely GTAIV vehicles and cut vehicles exist in there but there's no telling if they'll ever use them.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:09 AM Edited by rollschuh2282, 08 August 2017 - 07:10 AM.

not perfect, but i tried

• Tomasak, Voit Turyv, UltraGizmo64 and 16 others like this

mads1153
  • mads1153

Not sure about the title.

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:33 PM Edited by mads1153, 08 August 2017 - 01:35 PM.

Flight school DLC could also be related to GTA V Collectors edition because it did came with more missions. I have Collectors Edition for PS3.
Sadly it was meant mostly to only stunt planes and it was on Sandy Shores.
Also it was not really DLC because it was more like preorder bonus. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

The Flight School DLC came much after the collectors edition, so the folder appeared afterwards.

• MrBellicLC likes this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

not perfect, but i tried

Wow, cool :D

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by rollschuh2282, 08 August 2017 - 02:33 PM.

not perfect, but i tried

Wow, cool :D
fun fact: the guy that runs to jays body in the mission, is jays Personal assistant.
  • BrownieBear likes this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

I havent played the mission and I cant at the moment, but doesnt the tv version use a different model? The one thats telling the camera crew to cut off?

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:51 PM Edited by rollschuh2282, 08 August 2017 - 03:54 PM.

I havent played the mission and I cant at the moment, but doesnt the tv version use a different model? The one thats telling the camera crew to cut off?

yeah it uses a different model, but the model is not present anymore, so i used the united liberty paper guy as a replacement, i only wanted to show the animations

• UltraGizmo64 and BrownieBear like this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Why do the shadows look so GTA IV?

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Why do the shadows look so GTA IV?

maybe the weather?

i don´t know i had everything on normal for this clip.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

yeah it uses a different model, but the model is not present anymore, so i used the united liberty paper guy as a replacement, i only wanted to show the animations

The model does exist as it is a normal ped model, I forgot the exact name but it is is one of the business peds, the casual one. 

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

thanks to Officer Ronsons info, i found the model, the hair may or may not be correct :D
and don´t mind the blood on the ground, i spawned every business ped model to find the correct one, and the wrong ones had to suffer  :p

• Tomasak, UltraGizmo64, BrownieBear and 1 other like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Pretty satisfying watching that Zuckerberg doppleganger getting merced...
  • assCRACK_98 and TheWhiteHat like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Pretty satisfying watching that Zuckerberg doppleganger getting merced...

fun fact: Zuckerberg is german and means Sugar Mountain

• Chrome Toyota Prius, temp0.crazy, TheWhiteHat and 1 other like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Now it means pastey, autismo, globalist with an aim to become a world leader. Hey, i have all your personal info going back ten years, vote for me?

Anywho, OT, those spare parts for what would become the Ruffian are pretty cool. Would look better with the front fender and original headlight design.

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:07 AM Edited by N R G, 14 August 2017 - 07:09 AM.

Would anyone be willing to apply unused vehicle audio hash names to existing cars and post a video showcases what the BETA cars sound like? I'd be really interested in that because I know the Hunter has unique audio so maybe the others do too
  • MrBellicLC likes this

8 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 3 guests, 1 anonymous users