7,184 replies to this topic
Merciful Agent
  • Merciful Agent

Formerly Viper-Venom

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

It's both a good thing and had thing that they're complete sh*t at space management. Good, since we would not have found so many beta leftovers in the files. But bad due to the unused/cut/duplicated files taking up a decent chunk of space.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

All this cut content makes me wonder how many mb's or even GB's are taken up in files due to it.

GTAV is one of THE most unoptimized PC games space wise. The audio mess up alone means the game is wasting around 5GB. And then you've got the way this game is "patched" where it doesn't replace files, it just adds new one and tells the game to load the newer one, there's like 4 to 5 copies of a huge amount of vehicles, multiple copies of map areas, etc. On the plus side it makes looking through "new" files easier since they'll always get thrown into their own RPF and given priority but in terms of actually managing space, this game is beyond stupid.

There's even TWO copies of the intro "Rockstar" splash in the games files at LAUNCH despite them being exactly the same, it's like they didn't bother to integrate patches into the main files before before releasing Next Gen/PC versions and just kept throwing more and more on top.

Using better audio containers would cut the game's size in almost half. Issue being CPU overhead, which is likely why they use PCM/ADPCM. And yes, they literally didn't integrate patches into the main files before releasing the game, in fact, some files in the main files (common.rpf) are last dated 2014, which means they started doing this around then.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

But they used the wrong range on streaming ADPCM. They corrected it for GTAO content but the main games radio and cutscenes are bandwidth blocked 48Khz. So they were mastered for 32Khz and then put into a 48Khz range, so they're literally using up space on nothing. No quality gains, no benefit, just using up an extra 5GB or so because someone messed up the audio exporting.

GTAO DLC after came with 32Khz ADPCM streams and continues to do so. So yeah, it's a pretty huge oversight.
  • Spider-Vice, RedDagger, Roger Cheeto and 3 others like this

spitfire 26 rus
  • spitfire 26 rus

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

Pfister Logo (811 - lod model)

Spoiler

source: Spartan_112 http://gtaforums.com...66-spartan-112/

• gta111, UltraGizmo64, Roger Cheeto and 6 others like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

But they used the wrong range on streaming ADPCM. They corrected it for GTAO content but the main games radio and cutscenes are bandwidth blocked 48Khz. So they were mastered for 32Khz and then put into a 48Khz range, so they're literally using up space on nothing. No quality gains, no benefit, just using up an extra 5GB or so because someone messed up the audio exporting.

GTAO DLC after came with 32Khz ADPCM streams and continues to do so. So yeah, it's a pretty huge oversight.

ADPCM already sounds like ass and they do this...

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

Pfister Logo (811 - lod model)

source: Spartan_112 http://gtaforums.com...66-spartan-112/

Cool! Although it's the normal low poly one that would be used on PS3/XBOX360, or when you have a slow pc like me.

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:11 AM Edited by Darkshadows, 19 May 2017 - 03:14 AM.

Western Bagger  sissy bar

official-screenshot-franklin-chilling-wi

I just realized that Frank's jeans were baggier (clothes also look less detailed)

• Roger Cheeto likes this

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:17 AM

Yeah we should start analyzing the pre-release shots and trailers more. Also, things looked a little more like IV with the first two screenshots.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:12 PM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 19 May 2017 - 12:12 PM.

This screenshot with Franklin and a Bagger looks like these rendered photos of Michael's family.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:26 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 19 May 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Rockstar's streams are usually a really good source to hear unreleased OST from the game, they feature a lot of tracks that aren't in the game or in any Online mode. This one from their latest stream has a boatload of Tangerine Dream elements in it. Shame they cut it, unless they're going to reuse it for Gunrunning:

https://www.twitch.t...711097?t=15m05s

15:05 if the link fails to direct you to the timestamp.

Edit: Livestream rip https://drive.google...Nkp3NXhFX19tTXc

Edit2: Anyone please correct me if it's not unreleased though. I don't recall hearing this anywhere.

• gta111 and ThereIsNoBathroom like this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:48 PM Edited by BrownieBear, 20 May 2017 - 11:35 AM.

I have been looking into the past of GTA, the official screenshots and I have put them into the spoiler as I don't want to spam this thread.

Beta stuff in this spoiler (Some things or many things or maybe even everything has been mentioned before)
Spoiler

All these screenshots can be viewed here.
  • Voit Turyv, Roger Cheeto, Lowi and 8 others like this

Meganfuchs
  • Meganfuchs

Player Hater

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

I often read about the Stanier 1st and 2nd Generation. Can someone explain what the difference is between those two?
PS.: Great finds you got there!

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:00 PM Edited by BrownieBear, 19 May 2017 - 06:16 PM.

The 1st is the one of GTA IV and the civillian of GTA 5 and the 2nd one is the police and taxi variant in GTA V. 

1st gen (This one appeared in the 1st trailer and got replaced by the 2nd gen)

Spoiler

2nd gen (The final version that replaced the 1st gen)

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/QkkoHAzjnUs?t=64

(If it starts from the beginning, skip to 1:03 to see the 1st gen in 'action' i guess..)

Oh btw, the middle white light on the police car in that video at 1:05 is turned on, sooooo I don't get it why R* turned the middle white light off.. looked kinda cool.

And thanks Meganfuchs :D

• Mangled Crow likes this

Meganfuchs
  • Meganfuchs

Player Hater

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

Thanks man!
Just noticed on the picture with Trevor and his Bodhi, that in the background you can see someone with a massive hat, a mexican i think. I don't think you see someone like that in the final version besides in missions.
  • BrownieBear likes this

.Alex.
  • .Alex.

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:43 PM Edited by .Alex., 19 May 2017 - 08:43 PM.

Thanks man!
Just noticed on the picture with Trevor and his Bodhi, that in the background you can see someone with a massive hat, a mexican i think. I don't think you see someone like that in the final version besides in missions.

That's the Mariachi guy(they spawn there and behind Vinewood Blvd)

By the way,does anyone know where these 2 shots where taken?It always(and it still)bother me that i couldn't figure it out lol

http://www.rockstarg...hots/4-1280.jpg

http://www.rockstarg...ots/13-1280.jpg

The one with Michael seems to be somewhere here(judging by the red lights in the background

IiJ99Hz.jpg

• D T likes this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

The one with the Cheetah near Mirror Park (I THINK!) As that's a place with that kind of roads and still quite some trees. But again, could be horrible wrong. Michael maybe near the photo you took.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:28 AM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 20 May 2017 - 12:34 AM.

With chrome grill and orange indicators Vapid Stanier's front looked  more like Chevrolet Caprice rather than Ford Crown Victoria.

500d8680da48443992843657567733ac.png

I guess at first they wanted it to be 50% Chevrolet Caprice, 50% Ford Crown Victoria, but then they decided to make it 100% Ford Crown Victoria.

I know that Fords have chrome grill and orange indicators, but - the Vapid Stanier 2nd generation from early screenshots doesn't really look like Crown Victoria.

• ClaudeSpeed1911, Mangled Crow and BrownieBear like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

@BrownieBear
Nice finds! Also those different looking wheels on Trevors truck still appear when looking at the truck from a distance before swapping for the higher quality version.
  • BrownieBear likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

Rockstar's streams are usually a really good source to hear unreleased OST from the game, they feature a lot of tracks that aren't in the game or in any Online mode. This one from their latest stream has a boatload of Tangerine Dream elements in it. Shame they cut it, unless they're going to reuse it for Gunrunning:

https://www.twitch.t...711097?t=15m05s

15:05 if the link fails to direct you to the timestamp.

Edit: Livestream rip https://drive.google...Nkp3NXhFX19tTXc

Edit2: Anyone please correct me if it's not unreleased though. I don't recall hearing this anywhere.

This song reminds me of "Remote Viewing" from GTA IV, also composed by Tangerine Dream. But it also has elements of one of the Heist update songs. And yeah, I don't think it's in the game.
  • Spider-Vice likes this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

@BrownieBear
Nice finds! Also those different looking wheels on Trevors truck still appear when looking at the truck from a distance before swapping for the higher quality version.

Thanks man :D

KENNYOUT3
  • KENNYOUT3

It's Time To Suck Dick Carl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

At 10:28

is that a cut walking animation for female npc's with smartphones?

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Looks too realistic. I bet it was used in this commercial only.

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aidun penirse gives Jorgy chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Max payne 3 has palm models similiar to Alpha GTA V Stages

jSD6g0p.png <- GTA V Alpha 

G3Tjmgk.png <- Max Payne 3 Model

• Kesha_F1, lol232, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

-blah blah blah blah-

Yeah, nah, that's an Impala SS grill, not a Caprice grill.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

So they went further. They combined Ford Crown Victoria and Chevrolet Caprice which was combined with Chevrolet Impala SS!

Prob not

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:53 PM Edited by RM76, 20 May 2017 - 11:19 PM.

So they went further. They combined Ford Crown Victoria and Chevrolet Caprice which was combined with Chevrolet Impala SS!

Prob not

You're not getting it.
It's essentially a heavily stylized second gen Vic with the headlights & grill off a 94-96 Impala SS in that shot.
In the final, it's got a blacked out Impala SS grill and second gen CV headlights (sans the orange indicators)

ya_boii_rj
  • ya_boii_rj

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Might be the only one without prior knowledge so don't kill me if I'm wrong but does anybody else think that the Programmable AR was going to be a returning player weapon then they scrapped it for the railgun because there's no real reason for it except for Gunrunning. And there is a enhanced hud icon in the files so could this be the reason?

Sorry but can I please get some insight on this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

Might be the only one without prior knowledge so don't kill me if I'm wrong but does anybody else think that the Programmable AR was going to be a returning player weapon then they scrapped it for the railgun because there's no real reason for it except for Gunrunning. And there is a enhanced hud icon in the files so could this be the reason?

Sorry but can I please get some insight on this

It was going to be a weapon in September 2013. Either as Special/Collector's Edition item, or a separate DLC item. The icons are there in case Rockstar will want to bring those weapons back some day... or they could have had those icons done in development long ago and never removed them, nobody really knows. Only time will tell if it comes in Gunrunning. The only returning players content that we know was scrapped so far are the Hakuchou and Innovation bikes, which were added in LTS update instead.

• MGgames100 and HeySlickThatsMe like this

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

The only returning players content that we know was scrapped so far are the Hakuchou and Innovation bikes, which were added in LTS update instead.

You're forgetting the best vehicle in the game:

Spoiler
  • Kesha_F1 likes this

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aidun penirse gives Jorgy chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

^ Tug was meant to be added in Heists update afaik

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users