Quantcast

» «
Photo

So...why am I paying for vehicles that others destroy?

49 replies to this topic
SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

There is a Free in Freeroam for a reason, you have the freedom to play as you please. I've chosen to cost players money and hear their reactions over the headsets and what not. I don't even care really, I know it's wrong and that's why I enjoy it so much.

I happened to join a server where some people were holding a what appeared to be a car meet, so I "joined" them with my tank and literately cost them 80.000k+ of damage in one go. sh*t like that makes GTA:O so great and was the reason IV's multiplayer was so long lasting.

The word free in freeroam refers to the ability to roam around freely. Interpreting it to serve your own agenda doesn't change the real definition of the word. The name of the lobby does not imply the right to charge other players for damages done to their personal property, otherwise, we would not have to pay others insurance at all. Please stop spewing bullsh*t.

And I've chosen to roam around freely, destroying innocent players (mainly super cars or people in huge groups though). I payed for the game and I'll play it like I want to. If they patch this tank "glitch", I'll just grief in different ways. Originally I used to ram tank users so they'd be blown into poverty and bad sports' lobbies, other times I'd go backwards and ram racers until they lost and apparently me using the sniper rifle in DMs was trolling (I don't see how though, it takes actual skill to use).

TL:DR, I'll do as I please! I might go and tank grief right now before I have to go out, lets see if I can break my old records :)

Yeah, you're not going out. 

You're going to sit in your room, checking your GTA:O stats and laughing like a little bitch as you continue to play like a punk ass bitch. 

Glad to see you've chosen your occupation on GTA:O. 

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

How does everyone else feel about this occurrence?

I for one, love it! If you don't like it, play another game, join an invite only session or only use cheap cars :)

100% agree.

I really don't care if someone wants to blow up my car. Two quick phone calls and its right in front of me again, but THEY must be the one who pays for it, not me.

Haha, we won't pay you for having fun! It's called Freeroam for a reason.

If you were wondering, I've cost around 600 thousand dollars worth of insurance in total without paying a cent with my tank and I don't plan on stopping :)

"If you don't like it, play another game."

Wouldn't that insult be more directed towards you since all extreme tank users could be pointed to the million of tank gamesout there? 

GTA isn't all about tanks. Why should people who do more than be grief happy ass hats be the ones to play another game? 

I personally think tank users should be forced in their own server so the competition is fair. But, y'know. 

ANd after what I saw about your car meet? I really do hope your console overheats and you never get to enjoy any other game. You're the reason why GTA is filled of a mindless "shoot em up" community. Congrats, champ. You're the reason why gaming is filled of moronic teenagers who make "ur mom" jokes and everything else. 

A FUN CAR MEET? YOU MEAN, PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING COOL AND INTERESTING IN THE GAME. BETTER GO GET MY TANK BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF. 

Slow clap, buddy.

Love reading this guys posts!! :D

your_tears_are_delicious_by_bizrat_d5svk

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by DP Man, 26 January 2014 - 04:03 AM.

I for one, love it! If you don't like it, play another game, join an invite only session or only use cheap cars :)

100% agree.

I really don't care if someone wants to blow up my car. Two quick phone calls and its right in front of me again, but THEY must be the one who pays for it, not me.

If you were wondering, I've cost around 600 thousand dollars worth of insurance in total without paying a cent with my tank and I don't plan on stopping :)

"If you don't like it, play another game."

Wouldn't that insult be more directed towards you since all extreme tank users could be pointed to the million of tank gamesout there? 

GTA isn't all about tanks. Why should people who do more than be grief happy ass hats be the ones to play another game? 

I personally think tank users should be forced in their own server so the competition is fair. But, y'know. 

ANd after what I saw about your car meet? I really do hope your console overheats and you never get to enjoy any other game. You're the reason why GTA is filled of a mindless "shoot em up" community. Congrats, champ. You're the reason why gaming is filled of moronic teenagers who make "ur mom" jokes and everything else. 

A FUN CAR MEET? YOU MEAN, PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING COOL AND INTERESTING IN THE GAME. BETTER GO GET MY TANK BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF. 

Slow clap, buddy.

But I do enjoy GTA, even without griefing! I thought bring a tank to the car meet was a good idea, a whole group of expensive cars in one place, who could not resist that?

And I've chosen to roam around freely, destroying innocent players (mainly super cars or people in huge groups though). I payed for the game and I'll play it like I want to. If they patch this tank "glitch", I'll just grief in different ways. Originally I used to ram tank users so they'd be blown into poverty and bad sports' lobbies, other times I'd go backwards and ram racers until they lost and apparently me using the sniper rifle in DMs was trolling (I don't see how though, it takes actual skill to use).

TL:DR, I'll do as I please! I might go and tank grief right now before I have to go out, lets see if I can break my old records :)

Choosing to roam freely has nothing to do with how you originally chose to imply what freeroam means and choosing to roam freely has nothing to do with exploiting ways to troll. Roaming does not share the same definition as trolling. Your choice of the word "free" would name the game "freetroll" AKA, the bad sport lobby if the system still worked.

Taking pride in you ability to cause others slight grief in a virtual world really speaks about your personal life. If this is how you must gain some sense of joy in the world, God only knows why...

I've never actually been in a Bad Sports lobby, in fact I somehow received a Good Sport's payment when I logged in yesterday lol. The whole system was a bad idea and was only implemented to please the casual crowd so Rockstar could milk more money from players.

There is a Free in Freeroam for a reason, you have the freedom to play as you please. I've chosen to cost players money and hear their reactions over the headsets and what not. I don't even care really, I know it's wrong and that's why I enjoy it so much.

I happened to join a server where some people were holding a what appeared to be a car meet, so I "joined" them with my tank and literately cost them 80.000k+ of damage in one go. sh*t like that makes GTA:O so great and was the reason IV's multiplayer was so long lasting.

The word free in freeroam refers to the ability to roam around freely. Interpreting it to serve your own agenda doesn't change the real definition of the word. The name of the lobby does not imply the right to charge other players for damages done to their personal property, otherwise, we would not have to pay others insurance at all. Please stop spewing bullsh*t.

Yeah, you're not going out. 

You're going to sit in your room, checking your GTA:O stats and laughing like a little bitch as you continue to play like a punk ass bitch. 

Glad to see you've chosen your occupation on GTA:O. 

Actually, I am and that's the beauty of this whole thing! People like you have to rationalize that all griefers are fat neckbeards who live in their parents' basement, when I'm actually the opposite. In real life, I'm actually quite popular socially and with women, have a lot of non video game related talents and a great life in general. I like to grief because I find it funny, nothing more and nothing less :)

In fact, most prolific griefers I've encountered are normal, well adjusted people. Most actually have quite impressive careers/college degrees.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 04:08 AM.

I've never actually been in a Bad Sports lobby, in fact I somehow received a Good Sport's payment when I logged in yesterday lol. The whole system was a bad idea and was only implemented to please the casual crowd so Rockstar could milk more money from players.

If the concept of 'bad sport' was implemented correctly, you would be there, but it is broken which benefits you. Good for you, troll.

And lol at your last post after this one. Wait, I have to quote this...

I'm actually quite popular socially and with women, have a lot of non video game related talents and a great life in general.

Cool_story_bro_1359.jpeg

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

I'm sorry. I doubt that. 

Infact, I doubt any of us have anything that great going for us. 

I did for a bit. I stopped using these forums. It got quiet. I'm back on these forums.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

If the concept of 'bad sport' was implemented correctly, you would be there, but it is broken which benefits you. Good for you, troll.

And lol at your next post.

Punishing players for playing "wrong" was never a good idea. It's a good idea if players are sabotaging missions or stuff, but not in Freeroam. For example, back in GTA IV people would blow up the main cars in Bomb Da Base 2 (?) causing the mission's pace to be slowed down. That's a perfectly acceptable time to punish a player, not for constantly killing others in Freeroam. To be fair, I'm a smarter griefer and I don't grief 24/7 so that's why I've never been put in a BS lobby.

I'm sorry. I doubt that. 

Infact, I doubt any of us have anything that great going for us. 

I did for a bit. I stopped using these forums. It got quiet. I'm back on these forums.

Lol, if you want proof I'll take a photo and everything. 

Ah man, you have to keep pushing for a better life. Don't just give up :(

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Punishing players for playing "wrong" was never a good idea. It's a good idea if players are sabotaging missions or stuff, but not in Freeroam. For example, back in GTA IV people would blow up the main cars in Bomb Da Base 2 (?) causing the mission's pace to be slowed down. That's a perfectly acceptable time to punish a player, not for constantly killing others in Freeroam. To be fair, I'm a smarter griefer and I don't grief 24/7 so that's why I've never been put in a BS lobby.

That's not the correct concept of what bad sport is supposed to be. It is not for playing "wrong", it is supposed to be for players who make the choice to behave in unsportsman like conduct. The players who chose to use exploits to cause grief to others. This is not what playing online is intended for, so they made a separate lobby for those who wish to engage in such activities. For people who chose to quit jobs, destroy property, or rack up reports from other players who are verbally harassed. Too bad the implementation was a failure, because the concept is a win. I prefer to play with competitive players who value good sportsmanship, and weed the poor quality player out to grief amongst themselves. If it had been set up correctly, the system could detect your playstyle and assign you accordingly, but it fails because it is a beta feature.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

While I agree that bad sport punishing for playing "wrong" was a weak effort on production's part I can't imagine griefing smart or stupid will ultimately benefit the player. Eventually, players catch on to the way free roam is played, if it hasn't already occurred and all that will be left playing will be the hax and the griefers, if the griefers don't become hax, they'll just be ass raped, what's the fun of that?

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by GTARACER93, 26 January 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Wrong. Tanks are supposed to pay insurance same as if you destroy a PV with anything else, but the bad sport patch caused a bug. Expect them to get fixed. Freemode doesn't mean you can cost other players thousands of dollars for no reason, that was just an accident and you are exploiting it. In fact, the cannon itself was never intended to be allowed to destroy PV's. The patch was supposed to prevent suicide trolls from bad sporting a player just for driving a tank. The side effects have made the tank total bullsh*t, and only a moron would think it makes sense and try to justify why they don't have to pay.

You're an idiot. End of story. 

You pay for PVs no matter what you blow them up with. That is how it works. End of story 

It's just a glitch that you don't have to pay for them right now. 

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

That's not the correct concept of what bad sport is supposed to be. It is not for playing "wrong", it is supposed to be for players who make the choice to behave in unsportsman like conduct. The players who chose to use exploits to cause grief to others. This is not what playing online is intended for, so they made a separate lobby for those who wish to engage in such activities. For people who chose to quit jobs, destroy property, or rack up reports from other players who are verbally harassed. Too bad the implementation was a failure, because the concept is a win. I prefer to play with competitive players who value good sportsmanship, and weed the poor quality player out to grief amongst themselves. If it had been set up correctly, the system could detect your playstyle and assign you accordingly, but it fails because it is a beta feature.

Each to their own, really. I think GTA:O needs to embrace the freedom that has always made GTA games great, not shun it. Maybe next time Rockstar should spend more time on the game and not rush it out before the generation of consoles it's on is irrelevant.

While I agree that bad sport punishing for playing "wrong" was a weak effort on production's part I can't imagine griefing smart or stupid will ultimately benefit the player. Eventually, players catch on to the way free roam is played, if it hasn't already occurred and all that will be left playing will be the hax and the griefers, if the griefers don't become hax, they'll just be ass raped, what's the fun of that?

Full on hackers should be console banned straight away, but it seems Rockstar doesn't care. Eventually, GTA:O will be exactly like IV's mulitplayer, hacked to the point where no legit players can play.

Wrong. Tanks are supposed to pay insurance same as if you destroy a PV with anything else, but the bad sport patch caused a bug. Expect them to get fixed. Freemode doesn't mean you can cost other players thousands of dollars for no reason, that was just an accident and you are exploiting it. In fact, the cannon itself was never intended to be allowed to destroy PV's. The patch was supposed to prevent suicide trolls from bad sporting a player just for driving a tank. The side effects have made the tank total bullsh*t, and only a moron would think it makes sense and try to justify why they don't have to pay.

You're an idiot. End of story. 

You pay for PVs no matter what you blow them up with. That is how it works. End of story 

It's just a glitch that you don't have to pay for them right now. 

If it's a glitch, why wasn't it patched already? This has been a thing since early December. 

Either way, I've only had to pay 4 times bro :)

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:49 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 04:51 AM.

Each to their own, really. I think GTA:O needs to embrace the freedom that has always made GTA games great, not shun it. Maybe next time Rockstar should spend more time on the game and not rush it out before the generation of consoles it's on is irrelevant.

The saying is: "To each, his own..." Which means each person has their own opinion. In this case, you are in favor of allowing players to behave in ways that cause others to be irritated, which is your opinion, but I'm pretty sure the majority don't want a game full of bullsh*t. Online games are supposed to be about competition and self improvement, not about how much you can piss the other guy off. If that was what the game was about, it would eventually piss everyone off and fail. "Opinions are like assholes... Everyone has one." While you are entitled to believe whatever you want, the community wants what is best for everyone, and not just for you. A game made to piss everyone off will do exactly that and end up a failure.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

Full on hackers should be console banned straight away, but it seems Rockstar doesn't care. Eventually, GTA:O will be exactly like IV's mulitplayer, hacked to the point where no legit players can play.

I believe it's a bit harsh desiring console bans for hax, after all, they are just playing the way they like, but I will grant that sooner or later, most likely sooner, GTAO will resemble GTA IV Multiplayer in every way.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

The saying is: "To each, his own..." Which means each person has their own opinion. In this case, you are in favor of allowing players to behave in ways that cause others to be irritated, which is your opinion, but I'm pretty sure the majority don't want a game full of bullsh*t. Online games are supposed to be about competition and self improvement, not about how much you can piss the other guy off. If that was what the game was about, it would eventually piss everyone off and fail. "Opinions are like assholes... Everyone has one." While you are entitled to believe whatever you want, the community wants what is best for everyone, and not just for you. A game made to piss everyone off will do exactly that and end up a failure.

I don't think most of the community would care, nearly every lobby I join is filled with people killing each other over and over again. People played IV's mulitplayer for many years and that was literately just griefing.

I believe it's a bit harsh desiring console bans for hax, after all, they are just playing the way they like, but I will grant that sooner or later, most likely sooner, GTAO will resemble GTA IV Multiplayer in every way.

Only with more serious, game breaking hacks (modders used to freeze and in some case, break consoles with their mods back in IV). If it's money or cosmetic mods, I couldn't really give a sh*t really.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:15 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 05:19 AM.

I don't think most of the community would care, nearly every lobby I join is filled with people killing each other over and over again. People played IV's mulitplayer for many years and that was literately just griefing.
Just because players are killing each other, doesn't mean they are trying to piss each other off. In every sport, players try to win, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to humiliate their opponent. The game is made for players to kill each other, but not necessarily in the cheapest way you can possibly think of. Finding ways to make other players angry is not the purpose of competition, and if you believe it is, you need to educate yourself better. People would not play a game if it was made to piss them off. They play games because they want to have fun. Trolls are not making the enjoyment mutual, they are selfishly stealing all enjoyment from everyone else and do not belong in the general population.

ToMuchMayo
  • ToMuchMayo

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:57 AM

If u guys dont wanna pay the insurance for your own vehicle getting blown up, then stop driving around the tank drivers.. simple.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 06:04 AM.

If u guys dont wanna pay the insurance for your own vehicle getting blown up, then stop driving around the tank drivers.. simple.

Because the minimap shows where tanks are? Such a linear suggestion. 90% on the times a tank destroys my car, that player had just picked up their tank and no one knew yet. Round the corner, and it's too late. GTFO, they should pay the 10k on my car just like I would have to pay for RPG self defense on foot.

'Derp, If you don't like hackers, don't join lobbies with players using hacks, derp!'

Geometry
  • Geometry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

destroying PVs is one of my very expensive hobbies in gtao...

i blow 10-15 per day but i do it the right way, i blow them using stickys and i have money to cover the insurance.

i admit it, from time to time if i see a chrome adder or some car painted in troll colors, ill drive by while off radar, place sticky, set bounty on you while your driving, then BOOM!

no bs warning, no insurance!

hate the impunity tankers have, just as much as those that go around blowing cars while holding no cash.

You blow 10-15 a day, and you do it the right way? Damn :blink:

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

I'm all for good trolling, but tanks? That's petty amaetur sh*t. They're the ones that rage twice as hard once you yank em out of it.

C'mon man...

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

100% agree.

It's that kind of attitude that's wrong with the community. You're using "if you don't like it, play something else" to back up your desire to be an asshole. People shouldn't have to refrain from playing a game they want to because some people want to log in and be complete idiots. Maybe YOU should grow up or join a session where people don't mind your activities.

The word free in freeroam refers to the ability to roam around freely. Interpreting it to serve your own agenda doesn't change the real definition of the word. The name of the lobby does not imply the right to charge other players for damages done to their personal property, or we would not have to pay others insurance at all. Please stop spewing bullsh*t.

We get it... You like trolling, but don't try to justify it as being there on purpose. It's a glitch.

Amen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users