Quantcast

» «
Photo

So...why am I paying for vehicles that others destroy?

49 replies to this topic
Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Now, I don't mind griefers all that much. I understand why they're doing it: they're bored out of their minds. What I do mind is the loopholes that haven't been fixed. Someone destroys your personal vehicle, they pay the insurance premium. Someone destroys your personal vehicle with a tank, you pay for it. Wait...what?

It's getting to the point where nearly everyone has a tank thanks to the counterfeit cash exploit and griefers are using this nearly invulnerable method of griefing and getting away Scot free because the game does not register that your personal vehicle was destroyed by someone using a weaponised vehicle. Now, if I still had my two billion dollars, I wouldn't care. But I'm not doing mission after mission only to have that money drained because someone wants to continuously destroy my personal vehicles in nearly every session I'm playing in.

How does everyone else feel about this occurrence?

• Luk38644 and BSEANO like this

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

LolCo­ckstar.

I was in game a few minutes being an as­shole, and yes, it's extremely easy to get away with. Good lord, R*, what a wonderful job you have done.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

It gets old. Old as dirt itself.

• fofofofofofofofo likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

This is old, If they don't fix, buy yourself a tank or try to beat that tank.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by smokingndriving, 26 January 2014 - 12:34 AM.

You're going to get messages saying this has been discussed before and probably that you are whining.

That said, I agree, but I take the view of, "What can I do about it?"

I love few things more in GTA than seeing a player that's a very low level in a tank because they so aren't paying attention, they're just squeakers being jerks. When you have the mugger pull them out of the tank because they weren't paying attention, it is GLORRRRIIIIIOOUSSS. Then they either get run over trying to get the tank back or just stand there knowing they've been had. I mug people out of tanks all the time.

So few people play free roam in a thoughtful, tactical way. I think that was what was so different when I played cheater pool, so many people who were there really were damn good and it was a challenge. Free roam is just so many low levels playing a douche-y way.

Or I just get my tank. If you can't beat them, join them. I'll absolutely admit if a couple of people annoy me in a lobby, everyone's in tank trouble (and yes, we have a badass over here.)

(Shrugs)

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

You're going to get messages saying this has been discussed before and probably that you are whining.

That said, I agree, but I take the view of, "What can I do about it?"

I love few things more in GTA than seeing a player that's a very low level in a tank because they so aren't paying attention, they're just squeakers being jerks. When you have the mugger pull them out of the tank because they weren't paying attention, it is GLORRRRIIIIIOOUSSS. Then they either get run over trying to get the tank back or just stand there knowing they've been had. I mug people out of tanks all the time.

So few people play free roam in a thoughtful, tactical way. I think that was what was so different when I played cheater pool, so many people who were there really were damn good and it was a challenge. Free roam is just so many low levels playing a douche-y way.

Or I'll get my tank.

(Shrugs)

I can't wait to unlock the mugger.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

I find it to be fun every once in awhile, just driving along and you're blasted out of nowhere and have a mini heart attack. Respawn, weave through traffic trying to avoid the explosions. I just wish we didn't have to pay the insurance premiums. I don't even know why it exists; it's an annoying attempt at trying to be "realistic."

I wouldn't be surprised at all. :p

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:40 AM Edited by smokingndriving, 26 January 2014 - 12:41 AM.

I think if you want to go out for a drive, just head towards the top of the map. There is so much of the map where no one ever goes. 

I do agree it sucks people have to pay insurance when they get shelled by a tank and I think the insurance aspect in general should probably be removed at some point. Until then, you just have to avoid areas when you hear half the LS police force nearby and/or a series of one boom after another.

Heck, I'm in my apartment a fair amount of time waiting to mug people. ("Zen and the Art of GTA Mugging".) I loveeeee just waiting for that perfect moment to mug people out of their PV and again, there are few things better than having someone pulled out of their tank and having the mugger just take off with it.

And really, when the mugger takes the tank, wtf is the player going to do? If they drive in front of it, they get wrecked. They essentially have to hope the mugger gets the tank stuck somewhere.

Or, I'll mug them and put a bounty on them that they'll have to deal with when they inevitably wreck their tank.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

100% agree.

I really don't care if someone wants to blow up my car. Two quick phone calls and its right in front of me again, but THEY must be the one who pays for it, not me.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

OP, I totally sympathize with your point of view. I suspect some child spawn of one of the brass at Rockstar bitched about it and got tanks a pass or something because it makes no sense at all. As to the suggestions to be creative and kill them first, I'd agree but this is GTA not world of tanks.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

I would be using my tank all the time, if I did not get wanted levels after the first shot.  By the time a couple cop cars run into me, I'm up to 4 stars and then 5.  The cops wear down my tank in 5 minutes.  It's a hassle.  :whuh:

So what I want to know, is how do the pro tank griefers keep blowing people up for 20 minutes without getting the cops on their ass?  :*(

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

I would be using my tank all the time, if I did not get wanted levels after the first shot.  By the time a couple cop cars run into me, I'm up to 4 stars and then 5.  The cops wear down my tank in 5 minutes.  It's a hassle.  :whuh:

So what I want to know, is how do the pro tank griefers keep blowing people up for 20 minutes without getting the cops on their ass?  :*(

you cant stand still... you have to keep moving around, somehow eventually cops would lose sight of your big ass tank driving down the street.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

destroying PVs is one of my very expensive hobbies in gtao...

i blow 10-15 per day but i do it the right way, i blow them using stickys and i have money to cover the insurance.

i admit it, from time to time if i see a chrome adder or some car painted in troll colors, ill drive by while off radar, place sticky, set bounty on you while your driving, then BOOM!

no bs warning, no insurance!

hate the impunity tankers have, just as much as those that go around blowing cars while holding no cash.
  • Geometry likes this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

So first it was they drove their PV into me. Not a r* kid. Now it's they blew my car up, make up your mind people.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckers always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

It was changed because people would grief tank users by running their cars into the tank and making them pay insurance for it. Can't win.  :miranda:

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

I feel the same way you do. I have to put my REAL life time into doing boring missions just to fund another players fun. This entire game is backwards.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

I honestly have never had this happen to me. Do you mean they shoot you with the cannon, and you have to pay for your own insurance? Or they run over your car, and you have to pay for your insurance?

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

This is old, If they don't fix, buy yourself a tank or try to beat that tank.

This. I am anti-glitch and modds. But enough was enough. I'm not level 70 but I went and bought a tank via the editing the url trick (before money was taken away). I felt like this was the only way I could fight back with a fair chance.

Just a question. I thought I read something about an anti spawn kill solution, something about 40 seconds? I can't remember. Anyone?

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

I for one, love it! If you don't like it, play another game, join an invite only session or only use cheap cars :)

100% agree.

I really don't care if someone wants to blow up my car. Two quick phone calls and its right in front of me again, but THEY must be the one who pays for it, not me.

Haha, we won't pay you for having fun! It's called Freeroam for a reason.

If you were wondering, I've cost around 600 thousand dollars worth of insurance in total without paying a cent with my tank and I don't plan on stopping :)

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

I parked a car and a truck at the 400k apartments, the truck blocking turning right on the way out, and the car blocking going straight down the hill, many many lol's ensued...

With loads of antics like this, I must be up into several million of insurance costs to people on personal vehicle destruction alone lol...

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:30 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Wrong. Tanks are supposed to pay insurance same as if you destroy a PV with anything else, but the bad sport patch caused a bug. Expect them to get fixed. Freemode doesn't mean you can cost other players thousands of dollars for no reason, that was just an accident and you are exploiting it. In fact, the cannon itself was never intended to be allowed to destroy PV's. The patch was supposed to prevent suicide trolls from bad sporting a player just for driving a tank. The side effects have made the tank total bullsh*t, and only a moron would think it makes sense and try to justify why they don't have to pay.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

its not even just tanks. ive had plenty of people blow up my cars with stickies or minigun or just constant shooting and they dont have to pay for it.... game is so broken

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

Yeah, it's so stupid, some idiot who is a friend of me and my best friend on the Xbox destroyed my Overflod Entity XF with a Tank Missile, guess who payed the insurance? ME! So stupid, he was kind of a hacker, apparently, he was blocked and removed from my friend's list anyways

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

its not even just tanks. ive had plenty of people blow up my cars with stickies or minigun or just constant shooting and they dont have to pay for it.... game is so broken

The minigun can set a vehicle on fire and not destroy it completely. This is why it won't get charged.

A player who is broke won't have to pay either, so that might explain how the stickies didn't get charged. Or you had a bounty on your head.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

Wrong. Tanks are supposed to pay insurance same as if you destroy a PV with anything else, but the bad sport patch caused a bug. Expect them to get fixed. Freemode doesn't mean you can cost other players thousands of dollars for no reason, that was just an accident and you are exploiting it. In fact, the cannon itself was never intended to be allowed to destroy PV's. The patch was supposed to prevent suicide trolls from bad sporting a player just for driving a tank. The side effects have made the tank total bullsh*t, and only a moron would think it makes sense and try to justify why they don't have to pay.

There is a Free in Freeroam for a reason, you have the freedom to play as you please. I've chosen to cost players money and hear their reactions over the headsets and what not. I don't even care really, I know it's wrong and that's why I enjoy it so much.

I happened to join a server where some people were holding a what appeared to be a car meet, so I "joined" them with my tank and literately cost them 80.000k+ of damage in one go. sh*t like that makes GTA:O so great and was the reason IV's multiplayer was so long lasting.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:42 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 03:43 AM.

There is a Free in Freeroam for a reason, you have the freedom to play as you please. I've chosen to cost players money and hear their reactions over the headsets and what not. I don't even care really, I know it's wrong and that's why I enjoy it so much.

I happened to join a server where some people were holding a what appeared to be a car meet, so I "joined" them with my tank and literately cost them 80.000k+ of damage in one go. sh*t like that makes GTA:O so great and was the reason IV's multiplayer was so long lasting.

The word free in freeroam refers to the ability to roam around freely. Interpreting it to serve your own agenda doesn't change the real definition of the word. The name of the lobby does not imply the right to charge other players for damages done to their personal property, or we would not have to pay others insurance at all. Please stop spewing bullsh*t.

We get it... You like trolling, but don't try to justify it as being there on purpose. It's a glitch.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:43 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 26 January 2014 - 03:45 AM.

I for one, love it! If you don't like it, play another game, join an invite only session or only use cheap cars :)

100% agree.

If you were wondering, I've cost around 600 thousand dollars worth of insurance in total without paying a cent with my tank and I don't plan on stopping :)

"If you don't like it, play another game."

Wouldn't that insult be more directed towards you since all extreme tank users could be pointed to the million of tank gamesout there? 

GTA isn't all about tanks. Why should people who do more than be grief happy ass hats be the ones to play another game? 

I personally think tank users should be forced in their own server so the competition is fair. But, y'know. 

ANd after what I saw about your car meet? I really do hope your console overheats and you never get to enjoy any other game. You're the reason why GTA is filled of a mindless "shoot em up" community. Congrats, champ. You're the reason why gaming is filled of moronic teenagers who make "ur mom" jokes and everything else. 

A FUN CAR MEET? YOU MEAN, PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING COOL AND INTERESTING IN THE GAME. BETTER GO GET MY TANK BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK OF. 

Slow clap, buddy.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

The word free in freeroam refers to the ability to roam around freely. Interpreting it to serve your own agenda doesn't change the real definition of the word. The name of the lobby does not imply the right to charge other players for damages done to their personal property, or we would not have to pay others insurance at all. Please stop spewing bullsh*t.

Dude I am so glad you're here cause I literally have no idea what to say to this guy lol.

Just absolute mind-numbing crap. I can't believe someone's brain actually works like that.

• SFBryan18 likes this

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

The word free in freeroam refers to the ability to roam around freely. Interpreting it to serve your own agenda doesn't change the real definition of the word. The name of the lobby does not imply the right to charge other players for damages done to their personal property, otherwise, we would not have to pay others insurance at all. Please stop spewing bullsh*t.

And I've chosen to roam around freely, destroying innocent players (mainly super cars or people in huge groups though). I payed for the game and I'll play it like I want to. If they patch this tank "glitch", I'll just grief in different ways. Originally I used to ram tank users so they'd be blown into poverty and bad sports' lobbies, other times I'd go backwards and ram racers until they lost and apparently me using the sniper rifle in DMs was trolling (I don't see how though, it takes actual skill to use).

TL:DR, I'll do as I please! I might go and tank grief right now before I have to go out, lets see if I can break my old records :)

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:53 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 January 2014 - 04:34 AM.

And I've chosen to roam around freely, destroying innocent players (mainly super cars or people in huge groups though). I payed for the game and I'll play it like I want to. If they patch this tank "glitch", I'll just grief in different ways. Originally I used to ram tank users so they'd be blown into poverty and bad sports' lobbies, other times I'd go backwards and ram racers until they lost and apparently me using the sniper rifle in DMs was trolling (I don't see how though, it takes actual skill to use).

TL:DR, I'll do as I please! I might go and tank grief right now before I have to go out, lets see if I can break my old records :)

Choosing to roam freely has nothing to do with how you originally chose to imply what freeroam means and choosing to roam freely has nothing to do with exploiting ways to troll. Roaming does not share the same definition as trolling. Your choice of the word "free" would name the game "freetroll" AKA, the bad sport lobby if the system still worked.

Taking pride in your ability to cause others slight grief in a virtual world really speaks about your personal life. If this is how you must gain some sense of joy in the world, God only knows why...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users