Grand Theft Auto.. My childhood.

39 replies to this topic
Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

Mr Busta!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Busta. Why you get embarrassed by your own threads that you wrote not so long ago.... Are you sure your not a schizo?

+

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Busta. Why you get embarrassed by your own threads that you wrote not so long ago.... Are you sure your not a schizo?

+

And what the f*ck is that supposed to mean? 

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Gta! Oh, man, the memories! I still remember how me and my bro would do the missions together in Gta Sa. One of us would vouch for shooting and the other would drive......such fun. Most of the time we would mess up, yell at each other and then laugh it off. Sometimes our friends would come over and we would do the missions in groups....... Then i remember calling Vice City as Y City...lol. And today when me, my bro and friends tackle Gta 5 together, it almost feels like the old times.....

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

I have so many nostalgic memories from GTA that I don't know where to start. Some of my best ones would be from VC and SA, though. Man, thinking back to then makes me so happy.

My GTA V experience is pretty much the same as yours. I attended midnight release at Walmart. When I first held my copy of the game, I stood there for like 5 minutes in disbelief. I've played GTA V almost everyday since then, too!

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes" Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

I have so many memories of the series I cant explain it. My most memorable moments are from vc and sa. First time playing GTA 4 my mind was blown I just can't seem to stop playing it today to.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Thing is, back when I was a kid, I did not care about missions. I only ran around killing innocent people in SA, lol. 

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes" Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

Yeah same here i didn't finish the story of sa or vc until 2008

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by toxluv, 06 August 2014 - 05:24 PM.

I've really enjoyed reading the original post, loved how you described your experience with us! The GTA series gave something very special to all of us from life lessons to culture, to hours of fun.

Here's my personal experience:

I've started with GTA1 and GTA2 on PS1 in 1999, but I was too young back then. Suddenly, in 2005, my mom bought me a PS2 along with GTA: San Andreas, it's been love at first sight, I was amazed by the amount of things you could do as Carl 'CJ' Johnson, the landscapes were breathtaking and the music was so emotional. After a while, I got a PS3 and bought GTAIV, and loved every single second of my walkthrough from the disembarkation of Niko Bellic to the last moment. The plot was magnificent and intense. I played the storyline about eight times and loved every possible choice you could make as Niko Bellic. Then, Rockstar Games announced GTAV: I was incredulous by how amazing seemed to be, I've followed every new detail and announcement until now. Unfortunately, my PS3 had the YLoD two years ago while I was playing Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition, so I couldn't buy any other game, GTAV among others. A couple of months ago I've bought a brand new PS2 along with GTA: The Trilogy (GTAIII, GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas) and both GTA: Liberty City Stories and GTA: Vice City Stories. I'm still playing GTA: Vice City, in fact I'm stuck at 98% completion, but I'm enjoying it so much! I'm saving money to buy a new PS3 only to get my hands on GTAIV, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City and Red Red Redemption: Game of the Year Edition once again, but despite the aforementioned games I also have Oni, Manhunt and Red Dead Revolver, so I'm having a lot of fun right now. In 2015, I also hope to buy a PS4 and get GTAV.

Sorry for the long post, but I couldn't resist to share my experience with y'all. Cheers!

LucarioVercetti
  • LucarioVercetti

Speedy speed boy

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Let me share some memories too.
I can't remember the year, but it was my cousin playing GTA SA. He had just unlocked San Fierro, until I deleted the save game. I thought that it was the load game menu.
Another memory, is that we were stuck on Zero's missions.

Insane Elite
  • Insane Elite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

At about the third mission, where you had to pick up Misty from Hepburn Heights, the game told me I "needed some wheels!" as in a car. I took it literally, and blew up a car and dragged a tire over to the marker.

LOOOOOL that made my day  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users