Photo

Grand Theft Auto.. My childhood.

39 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 31 July 2014 - 09:47 AM.

Ah. Grand Theft Auto..

I just want to make this thread showing my story and love to the GTA Franchise. It started many years ago, 2006. I was a young child.... My brother was playing GTA San Andreas. I Just sat there watching like an idiot as he terrorized Los Santos. he went around killing people, causing rampages, and damn. it was an experience. The freedoam, the movable, it was like real life. I just wanted to hit my brother on the head and take the controller to play the game. Next year or so, i bought GTA Vice City. 2007

And god damn, it was the greatest thing ever. I went around free roaming with a ninja sword slicing peoples head all over. Getting 3 star wanted level, and kill police. I then did this mission, my lawyer told me to meet this dude who was sitting on his boat. So I drove there, with my car, but I was a horrible driver.. I crashed like 50 times, and after that the car exploded but I managed to escape. I then took a bike, and drove there. I dont remember so much more than that, but yeah. Vice City was the greatest, and to date, (personally) is the greatest nostalgia I ever had. Alongside GTA San andreas of course.. Even though I did not play them or experience them in a chronological order.

Now comes my real GTA experience, - GTA Liberty City Stories, and GTA Vice city stories. it was late 2007 to 2008.

Damn, such a nostalgia.. Starting off with GTA LCS. I played as Toni, and the first mission was easy. It unlocked the safe house and gave me the suit. I loved that suit you could wear. I played many missions, but alot of them was hard at the time. I only was a kid, lol. But yeah. Same goes for VCS, I played both. 

GTA IV. Right at time, 2008. This time, my brother had a PS3, and bought the game. And damn, it was awesome. I immediatly realised the new graphics, and improved gameplay. I could not wait to play it, and it was an experience... Loved it. From there, I still had my old PS2, and boosted up all the GTA games. GTA San Andreas, Vice City, and yeah.  But now, comes the real deal.. My biggest gaming experience ever... GTA V.

2011. I was still young, it was a cold day in November here in Sweden. I was inside.. I started my laptop. I went to Youtube.. And all of a sudden surprise, I found this video called GTA V trailer.. Holy f*ck.. It was the best 1 minute or whatever length of time it was, of my life. I loved every second of watching it. From there on in, I went to gtav.net and just red news every single day. It was a long time from that day, till february of 2012. Still a long time from the first trailer, but I was patient. I could wait.. Untill 2013. It was announced it would come out March/May of 2013. It got delayed, I got angry. Time passed, and this is where my experience started. It was June of 2013, I could not wait for GTA v to hit the shelfs in September. I waited every day... It was a long journey.. I watched every single trailer, I loved it, It just was amazing....

September 16, 2013.

It was late at night, I was ready, Midnight launch, I was gunna to go Game stop to buy it, to hold it. It was a master piece to me, and I just loved it. GTA V was on my hands (Special edition, btw)... I played the sh*t out of it, skipping my homework, I finished the storyline.. And now. January of 2014. here I sit, a young teenager, playing GTA V. With memories of all other GTA games.. Its an amazing franchise. 

• saintsrow, universetwisters, The Odyssey and 8 others like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

:^: Good story.  The open world sandbox, done right, has been the best thing that has happened to video games.  I hav wasted way too much of my life playing GTA 3D games, and I am still doing so now with GTAV. 

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Nice story, regarding the development of the game over the years, it's amazing to see how the game came to be what it is today
when I play in GTA V I always remember all the moments I've played the previous games -GTA 1,2,3.... and compares between the games
to really understand how the game has evolved

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:42 AM Edited by universetwisters, 26 January 2014 - 01:42 AM.

I remember playing GTA 3 with my brother shortly after it came out in a hotel room in Daytona Beach. Good times. Of course, I didn't know it was called "Grand Theft Auto" at the time, though. I just called it the "Car Stealing Game".

• atsjoonas likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:08 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 26 January 2014 - 05:09 AM.

GTA has been a big part of my life growing up, and it still is

I love this franchise, I hope they never stop making them

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

Great Thread OP. GTA is a Cultural Phenomenal,Long Live GTA,Long Live Rockstar.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Thanks guys. I know I sound a little bit ''Like I have no life'' talking about how much GTA has effected my life, but I guess a game like GTA can do that. I love it, its something more than just a video game.. its a freedom, your choice, your world type of thing. 

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

Mr Busta!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

How old are you?

I remember playing GTA 2 on PS1 i think then i started playing abit VC and i completed SA with my friend at his house we played to long had to get outside and we couldn´t wait to play again LOL.

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

P.O.P Hold it down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

Great post, one of things that makes GTA my favorite franchise is the memories That we as players create. It's truly amazing.

• GTA564 and Cakelover21 like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I remember playing GTA 3 with my brother shortly after it came out in a hotel room in Daytona Beach. Good times. Of course, I didn't know it was called "Grand Theft Auto" at the time, though. I just called it the "Car Stealing Game".

Is it funny that I called GTA "Vice City"? Literally,I used to call every GTA game that came out "Vice City".

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

My first GTA memory was in 1998 when I was at a friend's house and he snuck a copy of this game called Grand Theft Auto from his brother. Neither of us knew what to expect, but boy did it entertain us for hours.

I had no idea 10 years later my favourite GTA would be released. It's been apart of my life since I started high school.

A lot's changed since.
  • Gta_V_Fan_101 and Cakelover21 like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

My first GTA memory was in 1998 when I was at a friend's house and he snuck a copy of this game called Grand Theft Auto from his brother. Neither of us knew what to expect, but boy did it entertain us for hours.

I had no idea 10 years later my favourite GTA would be released. It's been apart of my life since I started high school.

A lot's changed since.

Its nice seeing a GTA Original here, :) It has changed, its an amazing franchise. Really a big nostalgia.. Damn, I cant imagine myself as a full grown adult in 10 years and seeing my future kids not playing this game :/

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

I discovered GTA in late 2005 when my mom brought in a bag containing two games; GTA 3, and Vice City. She put the game in to the Xbox, and wow, was it great. The first thing I did: follow the law. I'd endlessly just drive around the city, taking in the atmosphere and stopping at red lights. I couldn't really do the missions, as I was 6. At about the third mission, where you had to pick up Misty from Hepburn Heights, the game told me I "needed some wheels!" as in a car. I took it literally, and blew up a car and dragged a tire over to the marker.

• Joonas08Joonas, LucarioVercetti, Ray and 1 other like this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

Children shouldn't be playing Grand Theft Auto.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yet 90% of the people don't care about that.

I don't think playing shooter games as a kid can make you a future criminal. 

• I<3GTAV and Cakelover21 like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Oh man, the memories, the childhood memories....  I get a little soby when I remember....

• Cakelover21 likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

So the 10% who do don't deserve to have their voices heard? Racist.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:38 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 29 January 2014 - 04:39 PM.

I agree... That statement is sh*tty and stupid. Only retards would want to do that in real life that you do in games, I have a simple mind at things, I wouldn't go around taking people out of their car and drive it like I was brainless. Its just a game, dont take it serious.. i said to to myself my whole life

• Cakelover21 likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

I agree... That statement is sh*tty and stupid. Only retards would want to do that in real life that you do in games, I have a simple mind at things, I wouldn't go around taking people out of their car and drive it like I was brainless. Its just a game, dont take it serious.. i said to to myself my whole life

Relax. I was just ruffling your feathers by referencing the countless moral outrages the series has wrought. And would Grand Theft Auto be Grand Theft Auto if it didn't piss of the moral guardians?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

Relax. I was just ruffling your feathers by referencing the countless moral outrages the series has wrought. And would Grand Theft Auto be Grand Theft Auto if it didn't piss of the moral guardians?

True talk bro.anyway as the #1 Crime-Game Franchise,the Crime Stories in each GTA game are Always Great then there is the Violence,Hookers,Killing Spree,Strip Clubs etc,GTA is just best at what it does.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

My first GTA memories started at 2008 when I first played Vice City. At that time, the whole city - scratch that - the whole COUNTRY that I live in (Bangladesh) was going through a VC phenomenon. So much, that a couple of modders even designed a bengali version of the original. I played the original till 2009 until my computer crashed and it got deleted. In 2011, I bought SA, but my computer was so low-end it wouldn't run it. After 2 years, i finally got to play it, which was my first real interaction with the series. Later, i figured out the chronologies and stories of the titles and the rest at gta wiki not too long ago, i had a chance to get by the first 3 missions of III and i guess 10% of IV at a friend's X360, but actually i've never played through any storyline completely, i hadn't even gotten through the Badlands in SA and stuck at the pay phone missions in VC. That was enough to render me a fan and join up here just a month ago. My favourite was III, simply because of Liberty City but i hated the fact you couldn't see the whole map from the game.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

When you first held that controller and started playing the game, the whole world realized that...... A legend was born.  :p

Whoa. I can't believe I'm calling SOL a legend.  :O

• Miamivicecity likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

My first GTA memories started at 2008 when I first played Vice City. At that time, the whole city - scratch that - the whole COUNTRY that I live in (Bangladesh) was going through a VC phenomenon. So much, that a couple of modders even designed a bengali version of the original. I played the original till 2009 until my computer crashed and it got deleted. In 2011, I bought SA, but my computer was so low-end it wouldn't run it. After 2 years, i finally got to play it, which was my first real interaction with the series. Later, i figured out the chronologies and stories of the titles and the rest at gta wiki not too long ago, i had a chance to get by the first 3 missions of III and i guess 10% of IV at a friend's X360, but actually i've never played through any storyline completely, i hadn't even gotten through the Badlands in SA and stuck at the pay phone missions in VC. That was enough to render me a fan and join up here just a month ago. My favourite was III, simply because of Liberty City but i hated the fact you couldn't see the whole map from the game.

Greetings from Sweden, homie :) I am bengal too, my cousin who lived in Bangladesh loves GTA VC. I remember a Bengali version if it, where they dubbed the english to bengali. haha. Slamalajkom.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

So how old are you? A kid in 2008? Hmm...
Greetings from Sweden, homie :) I am bengal too, my cousin who lived in Bangladesh loves GTA VC. I remember a Bengali version if it, where they dubbed the english to bengali. haha. Slamalajkom.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I started with GTA 1 and London back on my PSone. I was behind others getting the console so I think the game had been out a fair while (1999-2000) 

I loved messing about in both games without even progressing the missions. I then traded both for GTA 2 and again loved the mess-about gaming sessions. The new features and graphics were amazing at the time. I was maybe a little too young (11) to fully appreciate the games but they become my most played. 

A few more years passed and I was skiving school round a mates house. He had got GTA III and we took turns in playing from the start. I was hooked from that moment on, but didn't have a PS2. Once I finally saved up enough to buy one, I asked another mates mum to buy it for me, it was scratched like f*ck, but worked just fine. A while later and Vice City came out, loved it and played loads, like III. Then San Andreas came out and I bought it alongside the guide. By this stage I was a series fan. 

To keep with my slowpoke style lagging behind, I bought a xbox 360 a fair while after GTA IV had been released, but it was one of the first games I bought for it. I loved the new graphics and gameplay and have since completed it 6 or 7 times. Then the EFLC disc came out and I played those many times each.

V came out, and for the first time in my gaming years, I pre-ordered and got it on the day. I love it but some of the magic has worn off slightly as I've become a grumpy git (at only 24!)

Can't wait for DLC or the next game, though.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

V was awesome. I loved it. 

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

I got the original GTA back in '97 (or '98, can't remember. Geez, I was 12 or 13 and still in primary school at the time. Time flies!) just a day or two after it was released after friends told me how amazing the game was. I've never even heard of it before then, but I wanted to try it out for myself. I absolutely loved it and I've been hooked on the series ever since.

In my personal opinion, GTA 2 was the most addictive game in the series so far, and me and my brother couldn't stop playing the damn game back then. Good times!

Every GTA that followed just got better and better than its predecessors (SA and IV especially blew me away), and now I find myself sitting here wondering when the hell I'll get my hands on V (pc).

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

GTA is the only thing I can count on . Everything else in the entertainment industry is god awful everything is trash these days but not GTA. Eminem's sold out. Wwe is pussified. Prison break ended years ago. I've been lied too by woman a lot. The only thing above GTA is weed

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Sorry I had to negro this. But OP we're on the same boat. I miss the good old times when I was still a kid, my cousin and I were playing GTA SA together. Spawning Jetpack and sh*t, finding out how to buy clothes, hunting for the so-called bigfoot etc,..But then my sister ruined our moments by kicking the PS2 to the ground, my cousin left after that day. f*ck my life.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Was this worth the bump?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users