Trevor should have been the antagonist

70 replies to this topic
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

I would argue Trevor DOES become the final Antagonist if you choose Option A "Something Sensible".

That's what makes it quite good in my view, you can twist the story around depending on what you prefer. If you pick C the big bad is Devon, and to a lesser extent, Haines, Cheng and Stretch. If you pick B, it's Michael.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:42 PM Edited by thatGuyyy, 26 January 2014 - 06:43 PM.

I would argue Trevor DOES become the final Antagonist if you choose Option A "Something Sensible".

That's what makes it quite good in my view, you can twist the story around depending on what you prefer. If you pick C the big bad is Devon, and to a lesser extent, Haines, Cheng and Stretch. If you pick B, it's Michael.

I hate these responses, what I mean for an antagonist is someone who is on the opposition of the protag throughout the story, who doesn't appear alot and who is an NPC, like Dimitri or Tenpenny

Not some half assed antagonist depending on 'how you look at it'

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I hate these responses, what I mean for an antagonist is someone who is on the opposition of the protag throughout the story, who doesn't appear alot and who is an NPC, like Dimitri or Tenpenny

I agree... And trevor wasnt even an antagonist on that mission, he was only the main target. I hate does stupid comments saying ''HE IS AN ANTAGONIST.... IN OPTION A''

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

I agree with this greatly. Michael (as V's main protagonist), Franklin and Dave Norton (supporting character) vs. Trevor and the rest of the f*ckery that went on in the story. 

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I dont see why Trevor should still be loyal to Michael after what he did to him. Trevor could have easily been against Michael for backstabbing him and everyone else

He didn't kill Michael because Michael was the only person left in this world for him. This also proves Trevor's loyalty to his best friend. 

Most people wouldnt be loyal to a person who tried to get them killed, the storyline didnt make much sense. It would make alot more sense for Trevor to have a vendetta against Michael for what he did to him

oh yea because he didnt have that :s?

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

I dont see why Trevor should still be loyal to Michael after what he did to him. Trevor could have easily been against Michael for backstabbing him and everyone else

He didn't kill Michael because Michael was the only person left in this world for him. This also proves Trevor's loyalty to his best friend. 

Most people wouldnt be loyal to a person who tried to get them killed, the storyline didnt make much sense. It would make alot more sense for Trevor to have a vendetta against Michael for what he did to him

oh yea because he didnt have that :s?

Not to the extent I wanted. If somebody tried getting me killed, I'd want them dead, not forgive and become freinds with that person

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

And here I thought you wanted to have an intelligent discussion. Personally I prefer the "depending on how you look at it" antagonists. I like that grey area, where ultimately you feel like you did the right thing, but still can't shake the bitter taste from your mouth. There are not cut and dry heroes and villains in real life, people have conflicting motivations.

I think Trevor would have made an excellent antagonist if they hadn't made him go out like a bitch in ending A. I would have expected that crazy motherf*cker to come at me with a minigun, not wallow in a pool of gasoline crying like a little girl with a skinned knee. Maybe after you stop his minigun rampage. 

At any rate I would have wanted to use him for the entirity of the story, because he is also a lot of fun.     

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

And here I thought you wanted to have an intelligent discussion. Personally I prefer the "depending on how you look at it" antagonists. I like that grey area, where ultimately you feel like you did the right thing, but still can't shake the bitter taste from your mouth. There are not cut and dry heroes and villains in real life, people have conflicting motivations.

I think Trevor would have made an excellent antagonist if they hadn't made him go out like a bitch in ending A. I would have expected that crazy motherf*cker to come at me with a minigun, not wallow in a pool of gasoline crying like a little girl with a skinned knee. Maybe after you stop his minigun rampage. 

At any rate I would have wanted to use him for the entirity of the story, because he is also a lot of fun.     

Because having my own opinion makes me unintelligent? I prefer cut and dry antagonists in video games, I dont care for grey area bullsh*t, I'll leave that to movies

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by Xerukal, 26 January 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Unfortunate that you do not seem to acknowledge that games are much more powerful within the realm of "grey area bullsh*t" (as you refer to it) thanks to player interactivity.  Not to say that movies aren't better or equally good at it, as it all heavily depends. But games tend to make it much more powerful because you can make that choice yourself and play the rest of the game "living" with it.

This is your thread, though. Have whatever discussion you wish. Not that anyone needs to tell you this, lol. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

SPOILERS:

He kind of was when Michael hated him for a while then the story kind of turned against him.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

I kinda agree but also disagree.

Trevor would be an awesome antagonist. Imagine a badass like him as an antagonist. He would taunt Michael, hold his family hostage. Maybe even kill 'em.

But, I don't think that he would have fit in because of his loyalty. I mean that, all the antagonists that we have now aren't loyal and are treacherous scumbags. Trevor isn't either of those. For me, he is and always will be protagonist material.

If you go to Reddit and other sites, you get to see that millions of people believe that Trevor is the best protagonist in the whole series. This place is literally the only place where I see that people hate Trevor. 

Let's face it though, half the people who hate Trevor hate him because he killed Johnny when actually he was doing him a favour by ending his misery. The other half hate him because he killed Floyd and Debra, two characters who we know nothing of. Debra was just introduced in that one mission where she gets killed and all we knew about Floyd was that he had a cousin, he worked in a port and that he stole a pencil in elementary school. 

And where did Trevor earn the right to play God?

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”

He's the protagonist in his mind.

That means he has the right to kill ANYBODY he wants.

Especially hipsters!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users