Photo

Its happening again...

98 replies to this topic
Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

The Tow Truckers are back... My PS3 almost got f*cked up, last 3 lobbies ive been in all have had to trucks and ive froze really bad. Anybody seen tow trucks back online?
  • Killzone3265 likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:41 PM Edited by StewNorth, 25 January 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Not yet for me on 360, but now I'm scared to play :(

• MsWolfe likes this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by Nasir_Jones, 25 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

Not yet for me on 360, but now I'm scared to play :(

i feel you, theyll be poppin up for sure. I turned off my ps3 for the day to prevent any further damage. Just when i feel like this game is starting to get better, this sh*t starts happening again.

Gballin23
  • Gballin23

Just Playing Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

i was on last night and i was just driving then out of nowhere bam a flat bed tow truck spawned right in front of me i was going full speed and couldn't get outta the way you know the rest

• Nasir_Jones likes this

Deasy
  • Deasy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by Deasy, 25 January 2014 - 09:46 PM.

Im not even sure what u mean lol. Explain?

But every lobby i go into is empty! Every impromptu race i join, i ed up hosting... Wtf
  • Killzone3265 likes this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Rockstar be like

smashed-computer.gif

• GroundZero, Nasir_Jones, Snoop_Willy and 19 others like this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

But every lobby i go into is empty! Every impromptu race i join, i ed up hosting... Wtf

im saying that the towtruck... After being removed from online, has returned. Last three lobbies ive been in have had at least 1 or 2 players with tow trucks driving around.

i was on last night and i was just driving then out of nowhere bam a flat bed tow truck spawned right in front of me i was going full speed and couldn't get outta the way you know the rest

i know you sir, i was in your crew the other day and you were killing me so i left the crew :p

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

#FREE ASH_735

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Rockstar be like

smashed-computer.gif

More like this

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and

Every time they fix something, people find a way to break another thing (that is, if R* doesn't break something else in the first place).

I'm torn between feeling sympathy for them or laughing at them.

• tom_p1980, tjor24, hesselgren and 2 others like this

Murder Merlot
  • Murder Merlot

Seller of Memories

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• tom_p1980, Nasir_Jones, tjor24 and 2 others like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by StewNorth, 25 January 2014 - 09:52 PM.

Towtrucks are cars that have been modded into the online portion of the game by some players. And sadly compared to the other modded cars, it generates terrible lag for all the other players in the lobby/near it often resulting in freezes or some damage to the console (not so sure about the last part, but there seems to have been enough reports of that happening to feel cautious).

Rockstar removed around 1.03, but now they are back. Hence panic.

edit: nvm, been ninja'd bad xD

• Deasy, Nasir_Jones, Rik96 and 2 others like this

Gballin23
  • Gballin23

Just Playing Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

im saying that the towtruck... After being removed from online, has returned. Last three lobbies ive been in have had at least 1 or 2 players with tow trucks driving around.

i know you sir, i was in your crew the other day and you were killing me so i left the crew :p

if i was killing you i apologize it wasn't meant to be mean just having fun i dont normally try to kill people unless we have a huge shoot out i mean lets take a good look and laugh at my kd real quick

secrules2
  • secrules2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

I never seen/had any problems with them. I had one and played with/against multiple tow truck users. I never froze and the lobby never cleared out when I was driving or seen one on the street so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

The only ones that I ever seen were the small ones so maybe that had something to do with it.

• Nasir_Jones likes this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

if i was killing you i apologize it wasn't meant to be mean just having fun i dont normally try to kill people unless we have a huge shoot out i mean lets take a good look and laugh at my kd real quick
its all good, all the crews ive been in have been crews where killing fellow crew members wasnt allowed so maybe im just used to that :p

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

aye what up Terry Crews my nigga

I never seen/had any problems with them. I had one and played with/against multiple tow truck users. I never froze and the lobby never cleared out when I was driving or seen one on the street so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

The only ones that I ever seen were the small ones so maybe that had something to do with it.

this has been a problem for a while and there was multiple threads about it for a while, if you drive close enough with the towtruck with a car attatched (not sure if it has to have a car attatched, the ones that froze me had attatched cars froze me) then it freezes your console or you lag out like crazy
  • Murder Merlot likes this

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

Killing men is a strange kind of fame.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I haven't seen tow trucks ever since R* put in their little fix a while ago, but damn that's a shame that they're back on the PS3 :/. I would guess It's a matter of time before they come to Xbox as well.

• Nasir_Jones likes this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

I haven't seen tow trucks ever since R* put in their little fix a while ago, but damn that's a shame that they're back on the PS3 :/. I would guess It's a matter of time before they come to Xbox as well.

expect it, i think ill be playing in inivte only for a while since i have to grind out missions and such. Just be aware whenever a white dot aproaches you...

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

I haven't seen a towtruck online since day 1...

• lol232, SkylineGTRFreak, Nasir_Jones and 1 other like this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Okay guys, thanks to a forum member "killzone3265" on here PMing me how this happened, it seems that somebody has out a way to bring in any single player vehicle into gta online without any mods or a computer and people have been bringing in tow trucks... Not sure if they are storable or not but yeah so thats how these tow trucks are appearing.
  • psilocybonaut likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by SideburnGuru, 25 January 2014 - 10:19 PM.

"Hey guys, exploiters and hackers don't do any harm to casual players."
And here we have a thread that defies that. 

Hacker/exploiter community can go shove off again. Thanks for ruining my game, hackers/exploiter. I'd ruin your life, but you're hacking/exploiting on a virtual game for no reason. Pretty sure there's nothing for me to ruin. 

• GroundZero, Nasir_Jones, tjor24 and 3 others like this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:20 PM Edited by Nasir_Jones, 25 January 2014 - 10:20 PM.

"Hey guys, exploiters and hackers don't do any harm to casual players."
And here we have a thread that defies that. 
Hacker community can go shove off again. Thanks for ruining my game, hackers. I'd ruin your life, but you're hacking on a virtual game for no reason. Pretty sure there's nothing for me to ruin.

agreed, its hackers like these that piss me off. People with billions didnt bother me as much as the guys that bring in the tow truck or with invincibility mods and stuff. Hoping R* patches this real quick, i dont wanna get my console broken
  • SideburnGuru and BurningChrome like this

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

I've seen Camel-toe Trucks.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

And this is why I play in closed sessions. Always have. Always will. Very rarely do I go into the jungle.

• tom_p1980, Vesper, SideburnGuru and 1 other like this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by codename_duchess, 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM.

The Tow Truckers are back... My PS3 almost got f*cked up, last 3 lobbies ive been in all have had to trucks and ive froze really bad. Anybody seen tow trucks back online?

After the 1.09 update, my PS3 would always freeze during GTAO and in SP mode. Doesn't happen at all when i play Fifa 14 online.

What i did was just remove all the game data for GTA V and reinstalled the game. Not the game saves, just the files in the Game Utility bit. Might have to check that though as i can't remember the exact name

Seemed to do the trick as i haven't had any problems since. Might be something to do with all the updates so really, you only need the last one to play online

Hope that helps

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I don't get it .. how does the tow truck freeze your xbox??

cityspud
  • cityspud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

I don't understand what's so bad about someone having a tow truck in the game?  

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

And this is why I play in closed sessions. Always have. Always will. Very rarely do I go into the jungle.

Pretty much.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

This is why my PS3 froze up during a 1v1 deathmatch two nights ago. Had to turn off my PS3. One vehicle freezing up a PS3 is pretty f*cking pathetic. I think Rockstar needs to get their sh*t together

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

Rockstar be like

smashed-computer.gif

Rockstar be more like, "Hey, if it's not a money glitch, we sure as hell don't give a sh*t.  Just put it on the list, we'll take a look at it, in a few weeks or so."  :bored:

• return-to-innocence likes this

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

someone must have left their car on the side of the road while they were pouring the road lol.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

If you're close to the truck, are you able to destroy it and prevent the occurrence? Or it's just easy to replace??

spydeeman
  • spydeeman

Peon

• Members
  • Costa-Rica

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

In multiplayer tow truck not supposed to be in the game so when they hook up another car to it the truck code changes a different vehicle code one which freezes anyone game that come into render distance of the tow truck completely freezing up your game. This happened back in the early days of online. And it was thought the older gen ps3 would completely f*ck up the disc drive but that part was speculation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users