Soundtrack f*cked with my brain

9 replies to this topic
gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

So the other day I was playing IV, rolling down the street in a Sultan. I was listening to The Vibe and guess what? It Was A Good Day by Ice Cube started playing. I was surprised because, it was already used in SA, its West Coast rap, not something for LC and The Vibe isn't a rap/hip hop station. I immediately called ZiT to find out. The moment Lazlow came on the line the lyrics started. I realized it was a different song then. ZiT told me it was a song called Footsteps In The Dark by the Isley Brothers.

The same thing happened today, with a song called The Edge by David McCallum on Fusion FM. It had the same beginning with The Next Episode by Dr. Dre.

Yes, I do know that they are sampled with permission but my question is:

It Was A Good Day is in SA and The Next Epsiode is in V. Is R* trying to do something here? I found it very weird. Did this only f*ck with my brain?

Oh, and if you don't think that this thread is worth it, you have the option to leave.

If there is any thread about this already, moderators can lock this one.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

Who feels really sure?

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

They are the original songs they have sampled, Don't know if this was made to f*ckup our minds, but when i first heard The Edge i almost cry. that sh*t is beautyful man..

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

They are the original songs they have sampled, Don't know if this was made to f*ckup our minds, but when i first heard The Edge i almost cry. that sh*t is beautyful man..

I know that they're sampled but still, same instrumentals in the beginnings. F*cked me up when I heard Footsteps In The Dark.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

lowdown I think in V has some famous beats used for samples (50 cent I believe)

It was great to recognize

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by thesmileys, 05 February 2014 - 06:12 AM.

these samples are so confusing

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

I never liked IV's soundtrack. Only station I really liked was Vladivostok FM (TBOGT version), only because it was close to happy hardcore

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

There nothing weird there. Why do people always assume it has to have a bigger meaning or whatever? It's just a song somebody chose to be on the radio and it just so happens that another song that uses the sample was present in an earlier GTA. Nothing more.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Rockstar do do it on purpose to an extent, the amount if song links between the games from samples in actually impressive it spreads out across all gens of the series.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Rockstar do do it on purpose to an extent, the amount if song links between the games from samples in actually impressive it spreads out across all gens of the series.

Listen to the know all of GTA soundtracks on these forums. I've noted so many of these instances through the series (e.g. Maneater by Hall & Oates from EFLC being sampled in a song fromm Game Radio in III), Paradise FM in Vice City Stories is the best example of how much Rockstar thinks through these things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users