Photo

Troll punishment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic
Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by Bane_Of_Legends, 25 January 2014 - 08:34 PM.

Hello readers, I'm new to the forums here. First thread/post. I've been wondering about something and would like others opinions on it.

So, I like playing GTA Online. I like to go into lobbies with random players and make new friends with the ones that don't kill me on site. But there is always the one guy that likes to go around killing everyone, acting out like an annoying troll. 

I generally go into passive mode when that person gets near. But the problem with that is that if I'm outside a vehicle, they'll run me over, while if I'm inside a vehicle, even if I'm in passive mode, I can still be shot at and killed.

It gets very annoying when I just want to play freemode with random players that won't kill me, considering I won't kill them. 

I started reporting the people that go around killing passive mode players for kicks. I also report freemode tank and buzzard abusers regardless whether they are attacking passive mode players or not. I consider all of that a form of griefing that should be punishable. 

Anyway, I haven't been accused by Rockstar yet of putting in false reports. And I must report at least 5 people a day for being griefing trolls. So it must be considered griefing, since I'm not getting in trouble for false reports. I'll continue to do this. Please give your opinions about it.

Also, I've gotten into a habit of taking the PV's of the biggest trolls, and driving them into the military base. I then steal a jet and fly away. I consider this a good punishment to trolls as well. Thoughts on this?

Again, I'm new to the forums, and I apologize in advance if I've broken any rules. Hope to see all the nice and legit players in-game soon. :)

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hello readers, I'm new to the forums here. First thread/post. I've been wondering about something and would like others opinions on it.

So, I like playing GTA Online. I like to go into lobbies with random players and make new friends with the ones that don't kill me on site. But there is always the one guy that likes to go around killing everyone, acting out like an annoying troll. 

I generally go into passive mode when that person gets near. But the problem with that is that if I'm outside a vehicle, they'll run me over, while if I'm inside a vehicle, even if I'm in passive mode, I can still be shot at and killed.

It gets very annoying when I just want to play freemode with random players that won't kill me, considering I won't kill them. 

I started reporting the people that go around killing passive mode players for kicks. I also report freemode tank and buzzard abusers regardless whether they are attacking passive mode players or not. I consider all of that a form of griefing that should be punishable. 

Anyway, I haven't been accused by Rockstar yet of putting in false reports. And I must report at least 5 people a day for being griefing trolls. So it must be considered griefing, since I'm not getting in trouble for false reports. I'll continue to do this. Please give your opinions about it.

Also, I've gotten into a habit of taking the PV's of the biggest trolls, and driving them into the military base. I then steal a jet and fly away. I consider this a good punishment to trolls as well. Thoughts on this?

Again, I'm new to the forums, and I apologize in advance if I've broken any rules. Hope to see all the nice and legit players in-game soon. :)

Cargobob their PV and hover above their dot out of kill range so it can't be requested because it's always "nearby".

Naturally though, in doing this it is you who have become the troll.
  • hotleadinurass likes this

TezST
  • TezST

LemonNloaf

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Ignition bomb! or sticky a helicopter then land it near them and run away. I then pretend to shoot at them as ther flyin off then wait a couple of minutes for them to think theyv flown off safe and BOOM!

I try to make friends with most people but more often than not I get my face blown off. But that's gta

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by Malibu454, 25 January 2014 - 09:20 PM.

OMG!

Its The F&*king Reporter!

Yes, you get killed in GTA online.

You also get achievements for killing other players, you unlock tints for your weapons,and you can also unlock tattoos.

So..Yeah.. Ya gonna get killed in freeroam. Get used to it.

Los Santos and Blaine County already have police.

Let them do their job.

Don't be going all Full Retard and thinking R* actually gives a sh*t.

I bet they all get together at R* NY to read the reports and laugh their asses off.. :lol:  :lol:

You might even be the whiney ass complaint of the week on their internal newsletter.

BTW I'm not a big fan of murdering everyone in site. But its part of the game.

It used to bother me in the beginning, but not anymore..

Chill Out Dude! :cool:

• Jehannum, halflegz, TezST and 3 others like this

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Geeze, please. go play Mario Bros or something.. 

It's chaos online.. Like it's supposed to be. .

• Malibu454 likes this

trevorsballs
  • trevorsballs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Rockstar think you're just a whining bitch. People can do what they want

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Some will win, some will loose, OP sings the blues...

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Either man up or go to a private session.

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I don't understand what players like you are expecting from gta
Expect carnage in freeroam from players this is what its about dont expect to be able to walk up to all players and make friends..some may think your going to kil them so they take you out 1st..if you want to make friends why dont you try messaging players 1st so they know what your intentions are.
But why are you reporting players doing what gta is about stop being a douchebag seriously

OMG!
Its The F&*king Reporter!
Yes, you get killed in GTA online.
You also get achievements for killing other players, you unlock tints for your weapons,and you can also unlock tattoos.
So..Yeah.. Ya gonna get killed in freeroam. Get used to it.
Let them do their job.
Don't be going all Full Retard and thinking R* actually gives a sh*t.
I bet they all get together at R* NY to read the reports and laugh their asses off.. :lol:  :lol:
You might even be the whiney ass complaint of the week on their internal newsletter.
BTW I'm not a big fan of murdering everyone in site. But its part of the game.
It used to bother me in the beginning, but not anymore..

I would so love to read the complaints from players I think I would piss myself laughing
"Whiny ass complainer ofd the week" now thats funny it could actually happen if I worked there I would actually do that lol
  • Malibu454 likes this

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Let them do their job.

OP, I don't want your protection, but thanks anyway. :)

Treeburner67
  • Treeburner67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

i suggest u man up and shoot back

grfcno1
  • grfcno1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

pmsl, do u have the ps3? if u do i hope i come across you at some point just to kill you over and over.  R* might not have accused you of being a fanny but i will guarantee the reports you have sent in havent done a thing to the people you report for being better than u. 

PS

Welcome to the forum, keep posting stuff like this so we all get a right good laugh

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Forums going hard on that new member first post.

OP, just remember you can protect yourself with weapons. Get good at that and your problems will lessen. If you'd like, you can vote to kick player or leave the session.

/rhyme

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Wow, people.  :blink: I didn't expect so much unwarranted negativity. I understand that it's a freeroam, open session, and it's going to be chaotic. But if I go into passive mode, I shouldn't have to worry about being killed in any way, not by shooting, bombing, being run over, anything. I like to play in open modes to meet new people, not be picked off by a sniper or get ran over by an adder junky. 

Anyone that can't understand the simple logic behind that needs to have themselves checked over. Passive mode means exactly that: PASSIVE. I don't kill you, you don't kill me. Anyone killing passive mode players needs to have their griefing butts kicked to a bad sport lobby for a few days. It's just as bad as tank and buzzard griefing. 

I don't always play in passive mode in freeroam. If I'm not in passive mode and I'm attacked, no biggy, I'll shoot back. It's my own fault for not entering passive mode. I like getting into random open world deathmatches for kicks and giggles just like anyone else. I just want it to be so that, when I want to meet new people, I can do so without being killed for absolutely no reason other than that the killer has nothing better to do with their time. I've met 10 year olds in-game that are more mature than griefers, and that's saying something considering this game is supposed to be 18+. 

When and if I get banned for false reporting, then I'll stop. But until then, I will continue to report griefers and trolls. I believe it's working too, as I rarely see the names of the people I've reported in freemode anymore. I see the familiar names of plenty of other mature gamers though, and I'll enjoy keeping it that way. 

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

The reason you don't see the same players is because there's only ever 16 people in a lobby and millions of people playing this game. It has nothing to do with your crybaby reporting.

• Malibu454 likes this

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

Heh, whatever. I came onto these forums looking for helpful advice and rational thoughts, not to be called names by a pack of rabid animals. Thank you to the two polite people that have responded so far. Your brains are wasted in a forum that seems to be made up of a lot of brainless morons that don't understand the word passive or the meaning of fair play. They must be bullied on a regular basis to want to go into a forum and snap at the neck of someone simply wishing to meet new people and not turn into the hood ornament for someones chrome adder in the process. 

Seriously, kindergartners act more mature than some of you.

• dtsmucker and Bungalow Dyl like this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Passive mode means exactly that: PASSIVE. I don't kill you, you don't kill me. Anyone killing passive mode players needs to have their griefing butts kicked to a bad sport lobby for a few days. It's just as bad as tank and buzzard griefing. 

The problem with Passive mode is that too many players use it to get into position to be "less than passive" there's also the tag team players with one using passive to set up the other. 

R* should have a standard response for whinners like the OP. "It's a tough town" 

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Heh, whatever. I came onto these forums looking for helpful advice and rational thoughts, not to be called names by a pack of rabid animals. Thank you to the two polite people that have responded so far. Your brains are wasted in a forum that seems to be made up of a lot of brainless morons that don't understand the word passive or the meaning of fair play. They must be bullied on a regular basis to want to go into a forum and snap at the neck of someone simply wishing to meet new people and not turn into the hood ornament for someones chrome adder in the process. 

Seriously, kindergartners act more mature than some of you.

You made a topic about tattling on other players being mean in a video game. You really have no room to call others immature.

• Malibu454 likes this

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

POGO The Wonder Monkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

So you're judge, jury and executioner? Not very constitutional of you. I agree in principle, i was just wondering how you prove their guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. Unfortunately, there are those who has their fun that way, its like griefing on Mindcraft, really? Get a f*cking life people. I rarely venture into public games without a fast car and or my tank. And when i do take it out I am after the cops, my combined Cop and NOOSE kills are 31,000 dead. All mostly turned into cannon fodder. Lets fight the real game enemy, the law. :) Tha't my 2 cents, wheres my change for that nickel :)

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

It's not whining. If it was whining, I wouldn't be asking for advice and opinions. 

I'd love a freeroam game mode that is passive between players but still allows players to use weapons against non-players. And no, I don't mean a private session between friends. I'd like to meet new random mature players, not spoiled brats killing anyone and everyone for giggles.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

Then you're playing the wrong game.

• Treeburner67 likes this

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

snip

You made a topic about tattling on other players being mean in a video game. You really have no room to call others immature. 

Wrong. I made a topic about trolls and griefers killing defenseless passive-mode players for no reason. It's a rampant issue. I honestly think that if a player wants to have a massive shootout in the middle of Los Santos, they should go into their own private server and invite other players like that.

I'd appreciate being able to enter a lobby of random mature gamers that would like to rob stores, attack police stations and the military base, and do other things in freemode as a team. The fact that I have to worry about random griefers getting in the middle of it by suicide bombing their Titan into us is completely ridiculous. 

Online would be better with two options: PvE and PvP freemodes. In PvE freemode, players work together and can't kill each other. In PvP freemode, they can do whatever they want.

Surely I'm not the only person that plays GTA5 and wants this option. 

grfcno1
  • grfcno1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Ive met quite a few people on GTA as well but its came after we have killed each other quite a few times, even tonight i killed the same person about 10 times then received a friend request from them.  The only way i ever go into passive mode is if ive killed somebody thats been killing very low ranks over and over in a tank so i normally get my tank and kill that person only for them to go passive, if that person then returns and manages to blow my tank up ill then go passive the same as they did but apart from that i dont see the need to go passive, the game is about killing anybody and everybody for me.

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Well, the game is about working together to pull off crazy stunts and survive the worst odds to me. Just my opinion though, everyone has one. 

BandF
  • BandF

Off Road

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Jebus dude it's an adult game revolving around killing & carnage, find another session or play in invite only or better yet find another game as GTA5 online is obviously NOT for you :panic:

• Green-Eyez55 likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

We Gave You Advice And Opinions!!

You just didn't like them.. :blink:

Go to the LSPD and report the players in the game there. Its right across the street from the Oriental Pagoda thing.

Talk to Sgt. Slaughter at the front desk.

Not sure if everyone knows this, you can call 911 from your in game phone and request Police, Fire, or Ambulance.. 

Give it a try.. :santa:

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

We Gave You Advice And Opinions!!

You just didn't like them.. :blink:

Go to the LSPD and report the players in the game there. Its right across the street from the Oriental Pagoda thing.

Talk to Sgt. Slaughter at the front desk.

Not sure if everyone knows this, you can call 911 from your in game phone and request Police, Fire, or Ambulance.. 

Give it a try.. :santa:

Listen to Malibu! It's easier to kill you with my Buzzard if you've got POPO all around you! :evilgrin:

• Malibu454 likes this

RawGo0n
  • RawGo0n

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

OMG lmfao,did this niqqa just right a whole paragraph about how gta online is to tough for him? IM DONE LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yo,if your trying to run around and make buttbuddies in freemode then gta5 just is not the game for you man go sell it. Next passive mode works very well use it to get away from players, and they wont kill you. If you get killed in passive mode them you must be dumb as fk.

Now take your soft ass outta gta online, stay in single player where the pedestrians wont jump you f2g.

Well, the game is about working together to pull off crazy stunts and survive the worst odds to me. Just my opinion though, everyone has one. 

Your opinion is is only half true, maybe the "missions" are for teamwork and stunts, but freemode is all about crazy combat, and you obviously aint ready.

• Green-Eyez55 likes this

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

OMG lmfao,did this niqqa just right a whole paragraph about how gta online is to tough for him? IM DONE LOLOLOLOLOL.

Yo,if your trying to run around and make buttbuddies in freemode then gta5 just is not the game for you man go sell it. Next passive mode works very well use it to get away from players, and they wont kill you. If you get killed in passive mode them you must be dumb as fk.

Now take your soft ass outta gta online, stay in single player where the pedestrians wont jump you f2g.

Your opinion is is only half true, maybe the "missions" are for teamwork and stunts, but freemode is all about crazy combat, and you obviously aint ready.

loooooooool oh sh*t now thats some real funny sh*t "pedestrians wont jump you"

When hes complainin about freemode being crazy 100% he aint ready for the real gta

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

It's ironic that someone calling themselves "Bane Of Legends" goes around reporting people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users