» «
Photo

Would you be friends with Trevor?

53 replies to this topic
thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:01 PM Edited by thatGuyyy, 25 January 2014 - 08:02 PM.

I don't get why Michael still chooses to be freinds with Trevor, any sane person wouldn't let him near his family or himself. Sure Trevor can be good sometimes but 90% of the time he's a full blown psychopath. I would be afraid of him killing me or my family if I accidently pissed him off

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• Olympics
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Corrected the title, you're welcome.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Lol, dude, this is a video game.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Well, I wouldn't like to be his enemy, nor being in Floyds position.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

f*ck yeah. He's loyal as sh*t, AND crazy. Any time you get into a fight he'd def have your back, and he can more than hold his own. Then again I own my own house and I let my friends just come over unannouced and do pretty much whatever they want, so I might be slanted towards the Trevor type of person.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Better to be really good friends with him than to be a complete stranger/someone he doesn't have an emotional attachment to.

• lizardman563 likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

f*ck yeah. He's loyal as sh*t,

didn't we meet trevor f*cking someone elses girl?

trevor is like the "it puts the lotion on its skin" guy.. franklin is loyal. thats why there is option C.

Better to be really good friends with him than to be a complete stranger/someone he doesn't have an emotional attachment to.

never knowing trevor might be in ones favor more than being close to him. speed's a hell of a drug.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

But who said he was ever friends with Johnny K? He clearly hates The Lost from the start. f*cking the girl of someone you hate is not indicative of an unloyal person.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by lizardman563, 25 January 2014 - 09:30 PM.

trevor is like the "it puts the lotion on its skin" guy.. franklin is loyal. thats why there is option C.

Killing either your mentor or a running buddy doesn't seem like the actions of a loyal man. I think the entire point of Franklin's story is to highlight that he is emotionally detached from everything and everyone. In a way, that makes him even more dangerous and unpredictable than Trevor. Even a simple man could determine what Trevor will probably do next with just basic knowledge of the effects of meth on the brain. 

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by thatGuyyy, 25 January 2014 - 10:57 PM.

Killing either your mentor or a running buddy doesn't seem like the actions of a loyal man. I think the entire point of Franklin's story is to highlight that he is emotionally detached from everything and everyone. In a way, that makes him even more dangerous and unpredictable than Trevor. Even a simple man could determine what Trevor will probably do next with just basic knowledge of the effects of meth on the brain. 

Thats what I'm saying, Trevor might be loyal at times but he is extremely unstable. You never know when his rage might overcome his 'values'. He could be your friend one minute then pull a 180 and kill you whenever a switch goes off in his brain. He's a loose cannon, I could never be around a person like that

He was about to kill Franklin for laughing at him for falling over the fence, until he calmed Trevor down

• iiGh0STt likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

I suppose if he wanted to be my friend, I wouldn't have much choice in the matter, much like him and Michael.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Its part of the story that made no sense. Michael and Franklin don't seem that stupid that they would hang out with someone who is rumored to eat humans. Even if he doesn't eat them himself, he does bring innocent people to the altruists. It was a really forced part of the story. 

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

Deadpoolio The Amazing

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hell yeah I would!

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

Yes. 

I'm equally as mentally unstable as him so we'd both plead insanity when charged with a death sentence. 

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Thats what I'm saying, Trevor might be loyal at times but he is extremely unstable. You never know when his rage might overcome his 'values'. He could be your friend one minute then pull a 180 and kill you whenever a switch goes off in his brain. He's a loose cannon, I could never be around a person like that

He was about to kill Franklin for laughing at him for falling over the fence, until he calmed Trevor down

That doesn't apply to me. I've literally had my wig split with a baseball bat, and then proceeded to beat the son of bitch who hit me nearly to death, I'm not afraid of a fight to the death. Trevor doesn't scare me, he seems like someone I want on my side. Someone like me, someone who doesn't give a f*ck what odds he's up against, he'll just go in swinging and what happens, happens. I can relate to that. When your own father has hit you so hard he put you in a coma (even if it only lasted for three days), you take the idea of getting hammered on a lot less seriously.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

I'd be "friends" with him in the sense of you become a "friend" with a bully so they stop bullying you.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

I'd be "friends" with him in the sense of you become a "friend" with a bully so they stop bullying you.

He doesn't bully people who stand up to him though. Franklin gets up in his face and tells him "f*ck you, man", and Trevor likes that. Its really only Ron and Wade that he bullies.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

LOL YES!

Any trouble I would call him straight away and he would f*ck up anyone

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

He doesn't bully people who stand up to him though. Franklin gets up in his face and tells him "f*ck you, man", and Trevor likes that. Its really only Ron and Wade that he bullies.

I'm just saying that's the type of friend I'd be towards him. And it depends on the person. Remember Johnny?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

No.

I'd put a bullet in his head.

• Niobium likes this

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

No.

No. You wouldn't. You'd be too scared.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

I myself wouldn't want to be his friend, but i also wouldn't want to be his enemy. 

No.

No. You wouldn't. You'd be too scared.

You can't say that for certain.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Me scared of Trevor? I'd use some of Niko's red army skills on him.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Me scared of Trevor? I'd use some of Niko's red army skills on him.

So long you don't use the 'Johnny card' against him, you'll be fine. 

TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

you don't choose to be friend with Trev, he choose. The question is, where to flee if he chose you?

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:48 AM

Spend time with someone prone to angry outbursts who terrifies me?

Sounds like spending time with my dad.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

Spend time with someone prone to angry outbursts who terrifies me?

Sounds like spending time with my dad.

lol

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

That scene was improvised by Steven Ogg.

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

in game, no.. if i was michael i would've slit his throat as soon as he showed up at my house and spoke to my children.

in real life, no aswell.. i have dealt with many people like trevor in real life and in my previous line of work (youth work).

i am not intimidated by people like that, nor would i associate with them if i had the choice.

as others have posted, if you can handle yourself mentally and physically, these archetypes will generally leave you alone.. but that also means, if you let them, they will still treat your loved ones and others badly if you don't say anything.

in my mind, just because they are leaving you alone does not make their behaviour acceptable. "bad things happen while good people stand by and watch."

the problem for me usually occurs because i am also the type of person who won't stand back and watch other people who can't defend themselves (children or good people who don't want to fight) get curb stomped by diks.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

No.

or burn him after he crashes into a tanker?

• TheOtherRyan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users