Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sorry for a topic like this but it's personal...

152 replies to this topic
Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I didn't think I would have to re-clarify my point here, but I guess I do: Slavery is practically non existent in the west actively due to laws prohibiting human slavery. 

Illegal gun trades use to be at the top of the list, and now it's slavery. Slavery still takes place in the western world. I mean, when you retire you get your retirement fund from the government right? That is then pretty much saying we've owned you and your right by working in society and paying tax.

Hyperbole much?  That's not slavery at all.  I think that is insulting to actual slaves living in the world today, to equate pensioners with them.  A pensioner can move to another country if they so please, I doubt a slave can leave the house they are trapped in before their slaver commands it.

There is also a ridiculous argument going around that 'because some slavery still exists', it was 'pointless to abolish it'.  Why not make murder legal then?  It still seems to be happening anyway.

Who's arguing that?

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by TheGreenSadler, 02 March 2014 - 04:48 PM.

I don't think gun control would help.

ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

In Australia guns were off the street in 1996 after the shooting in Tasmania that left 35 people dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users