Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most annoying game you have ever played?

49 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:55 PM Edited by AceKingston, 25 January 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Like the title says, what is the most annoying game you have ever played? 

Alright for me it is easily FIFA 12. There's a big rant incoming, so watch out:

Let me start off, FIFA 12 is addicting as hell but it has only 2 problems. Bugs and Glitches.

You don't know how much you can get annoyed by only 2 problems. Well let me explain:

Firstly the gameplay is nice but riddled with bugs.  You start the match, okay no problem. Now we break it down to two situations:

A) You score first

OR.

B) The opposition scores first.

We'll take an in-depth look at these two situations:

A) You score first:

Alright now you score, no problem. All celebrations going wild blah blah. But then after you kick-off, this tends to happen regularly:

The opposition scores immediately. Yep. It's like they are on ultra-mode, you just can't stop them, 90% of the time this happens. And it's damn annoying, they can even do the most ridiculous tricks and score from the most ridiculous angles.

B) The opposition scores first/they score in general.

Now here is a bug that happens most of the time. If the opposition score, this happens:

A) Your team plays like sh*t no matter what you do.

B) The opposition play like their on god-mode.

Again they can score from the most ridiculous angles, blah blah. Once I had a player who was rated 64 dribble around five defenders of mine, how is that possible?

Now that we've got those two out of the way, there are some more things too look at:

The Half-time/Full-time glitch.

Yep, no matter what you do. The opposition always score at half/full time. You can't stop them at all. But this happens the other way around too. But when it does happen it gets quite annoying.

And say you have an added time of two minutes, it extends up-to five minutes. You can just stay forever passing around near the goal-post and the whistle won't blow!

Now we move on to the next part:

Referees favor the opposition at times.

Yep, bad off side calls and being lenient to the opposition regarding fouls can get extremely annoying. Combine this with all the other glitches and you have the most annoying game ever/

The next one.

Home-Sides nearly always win.

Yep, if you are simulating a game in Career mode, no matter how sh*t/good your team is the home side will always win or atleast draw if they are crap. I've seen some small teams beat top-clubs at home, sure shocks are essential but in this situation, it feels unrealistic.

And then there are also other freezing problems etc which make the game really annoying.

Regardless I still find it addictive to play and I've put in more than 100 hours into it. I'd rate it an 8/10 but it is by far, the most annoying game I have ever played.

San Andreas was another annoying game. (Though admittedly not as close to FIFA 12) but some of the missions annoyed me because I felt that they were pointless and annoying as a whole.

/Rant.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Fifa 13/14, so frustrating, the previous one are so much better. The amount of bs in the game is unreal, especially those lucky goals.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

I agree. FIFA 12 was really frustrating.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

For bugs and glitches, The Sims 2. Glitches are the worst in that game, and they'd appear pretty often for me 'cause I had a bad laptop and a bunch of unsorted and untested mods. I still like(/d) the game

For being game-breakingly difficult, Freeciv, which is like Civ 2, but free (as in freedom and beer.) I couldn't get to mid-game without someone declaring war on me and taking all my cities. Strategy games in general, I'd say Crusader Kings II, but I haven't been playing that one for very long. I'm just really really bad at strategy game combat. :/

(Also I have a rule about 2s. 2 is the worst number, and every second thing is at least twice as difficult and/or bad and/or frustrating as both the first and third thing in a series. I thought I should bring that up since every game above is a 2.)

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

BattleMotherf*ckingToads I get so annoyed with that hoverbike level

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

BattleMotherf*ckingToads I get so annoyed with that hoverbike level

Pfft. Try Silver Surfer. I actually tried to finish that game.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:26 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 25 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Fallout 3.

It could have been a really epic game but the fact you're forced to use VATS just ruins it!

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by MinnieMan121249, 25 January 2014 - 08:44 PM.

6xTHt.png

Biggest dissapointment ever. When this game was in development back in 2009 it looked like it had potential.

Too bad it got abandoned and later picked back up and completely messed up.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

Probably Jak. Hard ass game.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

^all jaks were easy.

I don't remember the name but this one ps1 game where you turned upside down every minute and their was too many bright colours would give me a headache

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Fifa 13/14, so frustrating, the previous one are so much better. The amount of bs in the game is unreal, especially those lucky goals.

FIFA 13 was incredibly annoying to me just based on the loading times alone. From the time you select to play the game to the time where you can begin navigating their confusing ass menu must be like 5 minutes. That's a f*cking long time. And then, you find an online opponent, and the game proceeds to let you choose teams, change your selection etc. and then you wait again while the match is loading. The match successfully loads and introduces the teams, formations, etc. Then finally, right before kickoff, it tells you "we're sorry but the online squads are not compatible" and kicks you out to the main menu...WHY THE f*ck COULDNT YOU TELL ME THAT FROM THE BEGINNING?! ..I'm sorry for yelling

DJPFC
  • DJPFC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

For me FIFA 13 was worse. The amount of bs was ridiculous. You've got Benzema and Falcao? I'll deal with it. You've got Welliton and Doumbia? sh*ttttt I've lost
  • TheCacti likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:20 AM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 26 January 2014 - 08:33 AM.

Fallout 3.

It could have been a really epic game but the fact you're forced to use VATS just ruins it!

Really? I couldnt get enough of it.

OT. The game Jericho!the friendly a.i was so frustrating that i threw my disk out the window. I hate when a.i stands in my way all the time.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 26 January 2014 - 12:48 AM.

Smuggler's Run 2. Honestly, once you unlock Vietnam, the difficulty is EVIL as hell, not only because of stiff driving physics (when in comparison to the first one) but the low damage resistance and the swarms of law enforcement vehicles ramming into you at once. It's especially a big middle finger when you manage to deliver all the packages but still have to lose the police with your time meter still running out, otherwise you are forced to do it ALL over again.

I now remember exactly why I stopped playing through missions as soon as Vietnam was unlocked (this was a decade ago at least), because it's just one frustratingly hard mission after another from that point on. One worthy mention is that it's the ONLY game where I intentionally TRIED to snap the disc in anger. Yeah, I am an easily-frustrated gamer, but play through it yourself and try to keep sanity while trying to unlock all the vehicles and maps.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Future Uncle

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:45 AM Edited by Flynny, 26 January 2014 - 05:46 AM.

Ace, I have never run into those issues on FIFA, I usually when I score I score again instantly, then it stops, then another 2 later. The other bugs and glitches in it are damn annoying.

Most annyoing game - sims 3. a lot of my gametime has been fixing glitches and design errors. Also tossing around with mods and mod crashes, mod conflicts etc. Rage enducing stuff, 

@lazyboy - you are not forced to use VATS, you just suck :p (kidding but really you don't have to use VATS, especially on PC, fallout is not meant for consoles imo)

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Sniper Ghost Warrior, it was kinda decent, but the mission design was awful.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

Well, the game I have been the most annoyed for was Call of Duty (every CoD I have) on PS3. It made me truly mad. After one session of CoD, my dear controller was obliterated as it hit a wall.

And I am talking about the multiplayer.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust: The horrendous controls made me want to smash my TV.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust: The horrendous controls made me want to smash my TV.

That was what I was thinking too, that game was just awful!

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Ace, I have never run into those issues on FIFA, I usually when I score I score again instantly, then it stops, then another 2 later. The other bugs and glitches in it are damn annoying.

Most annyoing game - sims 3. a lot of my gametime has been fixing glitches and design errors. Also tossing around with mods and mod crashes, mod conflicts etc. Rage enducing stuff, 

@lazyboy - you are not forced to use VATS, you just suck :p (kidding but really you don't have to use VATS, especially on PC, fallout is not meant for consoles imo)

No, it's pretty damn forced on you. All shots do half the damage they'd normally do when you're not in VATS, and that's if the shot actually hits the target.

NV fixes those issues and I can play through the whole game without even touching VATS. That's why I think NV is better than F3.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 26 January 2014 - 09:06 AM.

MW3 was the most annoying and worst cod I played, then again it's call of duty we're talking about(only COD4 was great). The multiplayer was really frustrating with input lag, unbalanced weapons/equipments the list could go on...

FIFA12/13 was also troublesome for me when they changed the tackling system, took me a while to get used to it and it would cost me to lose a lot of games in multiplayer and ultimate team.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Gran Turismo 5 is right up there, perhaps the most annoying. I've always been an "arcade" racer and not a "sim" racer, but when GT came out on PSP I really enjoyed it and found its controls and driving mechanics to actually be pretty realistic. I borrowed GT5 from my cousin and like him I HATED it. I know its the "sim" racer and all but to hell if I find it to be realistic at all - maybe it's a problem I have with the controls, who knows.

nitrousoxide
  • nitrousoxide

Jimmy Leppard's Dupe Account

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

fifa 12, I am alive

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Mass Effect 2, and despite popular belief, I am not saying this just because it's popular.

The game never frustrated me beyond belief or anything like that, it was just so repetitive that I could not bear to play it for more than 30 minutes to an hour or I would feel like smashing my TV, the combat felt like I was playing with super-soakers and pea-shooters and I have seen better level design in games from the 90's, much better level design. I managed to finish that bore-fest, but it took me forever because I couldn't stand to play it for hours at a game.

Mass Effect 2 is the perfect example of how a great story can't save a game from horrible gameplay.

• Cincy32 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

zelda ocarina of time, great game except the f*cking water temple.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

Tony Hawk: Ride

A f*cking trainwreck from disc in to disc in pieces on floor. They make the f*cking skateboard peripheral that goes with it so f*cking durable you can't even take out your anger on it. Whatever you hit it against is more likely to break.

Maybe I should use the peripheral as a self defense weapon...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hong Kong '97. Just the f*cking music. THE f*ckING MUSIC.

• Danz. and nobum62 like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

possible stanley parable spoilers:

Spoiler

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by nobum62, 27 January 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Hong Kong '97. Just the f*cking music. THE f*ckING MUSIC.

to drive yourself insane, open 10 tabs of this repetitive music :)

Mass Effect 2 is the perfect example of how a great story can't save a game from horrible gameplay.

yes it can, i used to f*cking love mass effect.

then mass effect 3 came along and sacrificed good story for good gameplay. it was that game that stopped me from being a mass effect fan. 

i mean, look at the infamous ending!

OT: nice signature you stole from me :)

my signature:

jiih.jpg

your signature:

gameplayoverstory.png

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:26 AM