Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'm Finding the Game to Be Absurd Now.

149 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm Finding the Game is Absurd, Now. (390 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the most frustrating or absurd aspect of the game for you, now?

1. LSPD and the ridiculous, psycho-killer AI. (135 votes [34.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

2. Paying for vehicles that tanks destroy. (26 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. The Dump Truck (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

4. The Commute (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

5. The price of ammunition. (13 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. The price to paint your vehicle. (16 votes [4.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.10%

7. "This vehicle is too hot to modify." (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

8. Hackers, Modders, and Cheats... oh my! (63 votes [16.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

9. Ttrryyiinngg ttoo fffllyyy aa hheellicoooptterr sstrraiigghttt. (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

10. Masks. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

11. $9932 to replace an Entity. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

12. The Impound. (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

13. Apartments. (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

14. Slot 1. (4 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

15. "Thanks for your patience, Brian." (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

16. Level 1000 (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

17. You have been kicked from this mission by the other players. (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

18. "I'm winning! I'm winning!" CRASSSH!! "I'm in 11th out of 12?" <sigh> (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

19. Oh, it's that guy I just played Survival with... wait... no! Don't shoot! NO!! (20 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

20. I see, he's INSIDE the wall. (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote
9F Driver
  • 9F Driver

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:27 PM Edited by 9F Driver, 26 January 2014 - 11:28 PM.

voted for cops... hate them with a passion...

the impound is a good idea with bad execution... i can totally understand why it's there cause crims lose their cars.

but why not have 5 or 6 of them? if im on the top of the map and kill someone and the cops kill me why does my car get dragged to the bottom of the city? who the f*ck thought of that?

there is more than one police station why not more than one impound.

also pertaining to ammo prices, they are steep but losing a full clip everytime you die nickles and dimes the f*ck out of you.

i loled at the person who said its 500 dollars to fix a car that is about to blow but to paint the same car with an exotic color like pink is 15000! why?

i make it a point to find players while driving my adder, i like for them to pay the 12500 to replace my car when they inevitably blow it up...f*ck them.

i also agree with the person who said that the "this car is too hot to modify" so you cant sell it or edit it should DIAF!

Simeon wants a piece of sh*t brought to him all the time for low pay...why doesn't he want a high end car brought to him? oh ya too easy to make money then.

i try to work with other players i pick them up when i can but the ones who see you and end you are the most absurd things ever...i actually tried to give a person a fully modified car i paid for with my glitched earnings and they blew it up...no insurance or tracker money goes bye bye...so ya the community is a thing.

• fw3 likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

And with this, you're informing the community that you've uncontrollably soiled yourself and need urgent assistance?

Sorry, bro, can't help you there. That is all..

or they're a terrible parent. pretty sure looking at a crying child and just leaving it is frowned upon.

• fw3 likes this

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Probably the Masks, I'm tired of having to spend more than $1000 on a haircut after I lose my hair due to wearing a full face mask

• fw3 likes this

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by chriiis125, 27 January 2014 - 12:30 AM.

I dig the wording for psycho-killer ai so that gets my vote.

I don't get it.

• fw3 likes this

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

Getting kicked by people! Lmao, especially in missions involving planes, like Landing Gear. I'm the only one that can fly and land in that mission most of the time. ._.

Do the flashing glitch and you dont need to land perfectly. Just go straight down.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Lol...those choices :) I could have made more than one.  I would have replaced/included planes with the heli option (which I chose)...because it causes me actual physical pain in my eyes with that freakin moving screen all over the place...arggh.  If I need glasses I'm suing R*.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

I dig the wording for psycho-killer ai so that gets my vote.

I don't get it.

I laughed out loud at that video! "Deadbeat." Classic! Thank you for sharing it! ;)

Viper9502
  • Viper9502

仁侠団体

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

The price of just about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING in the game is ridiculous and pushes that consideration of micro-transactions in players faces. The AI doesn't really bother me because I've come up with some tactics to counter their psychoticism. As for impounds I don't really mind the commute as its an opportunity to joyride vehicles I may have never really driven before.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:57 AM

The AI doesn't really bother me because I've come up with some tactics to counter their psychoticism.

Since I upgraded my console to the XBox One, it seems like the cops are at an elevated psychotic level... in fact, I dare argue that NPCs are elevated, as well.

I don't remember them ever being so blatantly aggressive while driving, but when I'm on foot, I swear that I get run over by an NPC every. single. time. I run into the street.

And forget when I'm in combat with another player... the funked up Auto-Aim always targets the one target I DON'T want to aim at (like a cop or a woman with a donut).
I know that was there in the 360 version, but you'd think it would have been fixed that Auto Aim targets other players first, not last.

>sigh<

Manwaki
  • Manwaki

River Raiding since the mid 80's

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:11 AM

Feeling nostalgic are we fw3?

At this point in my GTA Career, I would have to say flying my damn helicopter straight, I mean come on, my flying skill has been 100% since November 2013 and I still get the wobbles?
  • TheFroggmann likes this

Locrito1995
  • Locrito1995

---

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

I can't believe people actually have trouble with cops... it's not hard to run away from them. Underground ftw.
  • Darth Absentis likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:10 PM

Why is the dump truck an option? It's the best vehicle in the game:

0_0.jpg

LOL!!! It's like a big, happy, dopey puppy watching his master walk up the driveway!! Brilliant!! ;)

I bought the dump truck very early on after grinding to make enough money to get it. For the $1million it cost, I couldn't believe it was slow, no dump functionality, and ZERO protection (explodes so easily!) from NPC cars, cops, or trigger happy players who are drawn to it like kids to candy.

Then, I learned it spawned online. <sigh> What a disappointment. So much potential. 

It's a Dump truck. You expected it to be quick?

fear_the_nut70
  • fear_the_nut70

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:52 PM

It amuses me how few people understand basic polling.  One could come up with thousands of things to put on this list, but OP picks 20 things he/she thinks is absurd, and apparently assumes this will encompass a majority of things that others also find absurd.  Not that it would fix it, but there isn't even an "other" option (which would only makes this marginally less silly).  Not everything lends itself to a poll, and we don't need a brand new poll daily.  Just no.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

What's with all the necrobumps this week?

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:36 AM

What's with all the necrobumps this week?

Well, it's either start a whole new thread, which gets criticized for "already been discussed" or worse, locked by a moderator, or revisit older conversations that, in my world, have become relevant to my current gameplay. For example, in playing two nights ago (when I replied to this topic), I just shook my head at getting three stars, for doing nothing, because some VIP player's job interfered with mine. That's all, really. Cheers! :)

• R3CON likes this

CaptSpalding
  • CaptSpalding

Capt Spalding

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

0_0.jpg

The Dump is great for collecting street lights , smash into traffic lights etc and see how many you can collect in the back .
  • fw3 likes this

Kronichh
  • Kronichh

Westie c*nt

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

ibw1mu.jpg\

Ran into one before I got banned for the first time...

My pet stripper with a minigun riding a flying shark dune buggy made light work of it...

pewpewpew

• fw3 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:03 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 08 March 2016 - 11:10 AM.

have people already forgotten the point of why mission payouts were nerfed to hell in the first place?

it was because people kept grinding the most profitable missions over and over again and not playing any other mission... Rockstar did it to "force" players to play other missions and diversify.

also the reason why the economy is such a sh*tfest is because money glitchers over inflated the economy. you can say "its virtual money it doesnt hurt anyone" all you want, but due to so many people having more than 1 mil at the time, rockstar raised the prices of everything to absurd levels accordingly.

look back in history on Germanys inflation in the early 1900s. theres a picture of a kid pulling a cart full of cash that lost its value due to overabundance and inflation.

[sarcasm]

but hey its GTA, everyone should get infinite funds and run around doing whatever, missions are bullsh*t and this is a free for all so we should be able to drive our tanks over whose ever adder we choose and not have to deal with the police.

because Grand Theft Auto. Rockstar has no business trying to turn GTA into world of warcrack! I want my freedom of choice and trolling noobs

[/sarcasm] 

• PabtheFab, fw3 and Arrows to Athens like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

The Dump is great for collecting street lights , smash into traffic lights etc and see how many you can collect in the back .

LOL!! The Dump is also an excellent way to lure/bait other players.

Call Pegasus, get Dump and drive it into an area where people congregate.

0_0.jpg

Load it with stickies or prox mines and just sit back and wait for the mice to come to the cheese.

Then...

0_0.jpg

• CaptSpalding likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

Whats the 'slot 1' gripe all about?

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:00 PM Edited by shadowoperative, 08 March 2016 - 02:01 PM.

2 years of absurdity later and he still plays.

smh
  • AUScowboy likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

For once we agree shadow! That really is the definition of insanity lol...ya know, doing the same thing while expecting different results, yada yada yada.

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

For once we agree shadow! That really is the definition of insanity lol...ya know, doing the same thing while expecting different results, yada yada yada.

Imagine how happy he would be if he moved on.

Bootels
  • Bootels

King

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

2 Year bump?

CaptSpalding
  • CaptSpalding

Capt Spalding

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

LOL!! The Dump is also an excellent way to lure/bait other players.
Call Pegasus, get Dump and drive it into an area where people congregate.

0_0.jpg
Load it with stickies or prox mines and just sit back and wait for the mice to come to the cheese.
Then...0_0.jpg

Need to try the proxy dump ploy lol.

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

Incompetent team mates and mission trolls. Traffic a.i can be a drag.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

have people already forgotten the point of why mission payouts were nerfed to hell in the first place?

it was because people kept grinding the most profitable missions over and over again and not playing any other mission... Rockstar did it to "force" players to play other missions and diversify.

also the reason why the economy is such a sh*tfest is because money glitchers over inflated the economy. you can say "its virtual money it doesnt hurt anyone" all you want, but due to so many people having more than 1 mil at the time, rockstar raised the prices of everything to absurd levels accordingly.

look back in history on Germanys inflation in the early 1900s. theres a picture of a kid pulling a cart full of cash that lost its value due to overabundance and inflation.

[sarcasm]

but hey its GTA, everyone should get infinite funds and run around doing whatever, missions are bullsh*t and this is a free for all so we should be able to drive our tanks over whose ever adder we choose and not have to deal with the police.

because Grand Theft Auto. Rockstar has no business trying to turn GTA into world of warcrack! I want my freedom of choice and trolling noobs

[/sarcasm] 

And what was with getting rid of the replay button? Heck, we still don't have that functionality; It's still there, but we can't use it.

• fw3 likes this

TwunnyStaXX
  • TwunnyStaXX

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

I had to pick the thing that most closely resembled "The session you are trying to enter is currently full of players" because that wasn't an option I could vote on, for some reason.

• fw3 likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:15 PM Edited by Fearx--, 08 March 2016 - 06:15 PM.

I had to pick the thing that most closely resembled "The session you are trying to enter is currently full of players" because that wasn't an option I could vote on, for some reason.

He can't list every single annoying thing in the game; It would be 500+ pages long!

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:55 PM

He can't list every single annoying thing in the game; It would be 500+ pages long!

Truth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users