Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'm Finding the Game to Be Absurd Now.

149 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm Finding the Game is Absurd, Now. (390 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the most frustrating or absurd aspect of the game for you, now?

1. LSPD and the ridiculous, psycho-killer AI. (135 votes [34.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

2. Paying for vehicles that tanks destroy. (26 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. The Dump Truck (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

4. The Commute (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

5. The price of ammunition. (13 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. The price to paint your vehicle. (16 votes [4.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.10%

7. "This vehicle is too hot to modify." (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

8. Hackers, Modders, and Cheats... oh my! (63 votes [16.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

9. Ttrryyiinngg ttoo fffllyyy aa hheellicoooptterr sstrraiigghttt. (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

10. Masks. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

11. $9932 to replace an Entity. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

12. The Impound. (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

13. Apartments. (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

14. Slot 1. (4 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

15. "Thanks for your patience, Brian." (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

16. Level 1000 (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

17. You have been kicked from this mission by the other players. (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

18. "I'm winning! I'm winning!" CRASSSH!! "I'm in 11th out of 12?" <sigh> (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

19. Oh, it's that guy I just played Survival with... wait... no! Don't shoot! NO!! (20 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

20. I see, he's INSIDE the wall. (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Another nigga complaining thread about how something you're bad.

You know, first off, your reply makes no sense because it's an incomplete sentence. Second, you're implying that I'm 'bad' at something, but I'm actually not. Lastly, your decision to use a word which most people find clearly offensive, reveals to an entire community that you're about as creative as a soft potato. Personally, the word doesn't affect me one way or another. I just feel sorry that you're not smart enough to think of anything else. ;)

Another nigga complaining thread about how something you're bad.

You aren't talking, you're typing. You had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to type your thoughts out yet THIS is what you came up with?

Posts like that are why the world thinks we're f*cking morons. Thanks!

Lol. Both of you didn't even see it fly by.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 25 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

this poll/thread:

138160377075.gif

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

The most disruptive force in the game is the LSPD IMO. LSPD chases suck the fun out of just about every aspect of the game. Far worse then glitchers or modders as far as effecting my personal experience in the game. Nothing like doing 120mph down the hwy while being shot in the head by a marksman who is both 100yds behind and above you.

Zerodragon Z
  • Zerodragon Z

Maverick Hunter Zero

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

My only complaint other than everything being stupidly f*cking expensive, is how EASY you can get killed in this game. The amount of times my armor and health both been shot by 1 bullet is ridiculous

• UchihaRingo likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

25% voted for option 1 out of laziness of having to read the other 437 options.

I picked the last option bc I have no love for map glitchers.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:06 PM Edited by Black & White, 25 January 2014 - 09:06 PM.

The thing which pisses me off is the amount of times I get killed after I go out of my own will and offer people a ride on my bike or car. Sometimes when I play with people in missions and then we join a Free Mode lobby, they end up killing me. I'm like.. dude? WHY?  :cry: 

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

ß

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

LSPD, LSPD, LSPD, Impound, LSPD. The cops are very disturbing and molesting when you're in a gunfight with another player. And additionally to penetrating your ass, they take away your car if it is nearby.

Prices of ammo, paints etc. don't bother me, I'm still a multi millionaire. But it bothers me when someone is destroying my pv and hasn't to pay anything.
  • saintsrow likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by Pitch~Black, 25 January 2014 - 09:56 PM.

Didn't vote. No "all of the above option". Most of my complaints would revolve around the money system, however. It has it's necessary role in the game, I just think they went overboard with how much of a role. It's a cheap way to artificially extend the playability of a game. R* is afraid that if money becomes too easy to make people will get everything they want too quickly and move on. So R* chose to limit your income when instead they should be adding more things to buy and more things to do. Think about it. If they dangled those carrots within closer reach but added more carrots and more variety to the carrots we'd probably hear the terms "work" and "grinding" a lot less.

Seriously, it's going on 5 months and R* has added next to nothing of any real value or significance to the game. I understand R* has had some serious issues to contend with. All that not withstanding, I just hope R* realizes this game could really do with some freshness and newness. I doubt that heists will actually do this properly because they are expected. I also doubt that, after making everyone wait all this time, they are going to meet most peoples expectations in the first place.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Gotta be the impound, I can accept being killed by the police, they are an essential part of the game. but the impound is the real frustration.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

None of those you mentioned bother me more so than the missing proper stealth mechanics and the stupid ass cornrow bug that's been there for more than a month already.

This is why TLoU got Game of the Year honors and GTA is an afterthought, after making billions of dollars.  I bought it thinking it was going to be street oriented, instead it's more like call of f*cking duty focusing on military bullsh*t.

They need to get their sh*t together and fast.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

The main absurdity, to me, is the whole bit where you start the game with horrible weapons and quite literally no way to defend yourself against superior weapons leaving you with three options:

1) die a lot

2) leave and find new session

3) find someplace to hide and waste time hiding

Really infuriating and such a BS decision. Of ALL things this is the one that I truly dislike and wish had no place in the game.

It's poor decision making on the part of the devs.  Every new player should start with $100,000 IMHO. They won't be able to unlock many weapons but it gives them a chance to steal and mod a car.. buy some ammo, some new clothes, etc.

That's one of the reasons if I see a new player to mod a car for them... sell it quick and bank the money. 

It's actually quite a good decision.  It's annoying when you start out but the reasoning behind it became extremely obvious once everyone was stinking rich and most players were glitching everything they could - it was mayhem, just a giant free-roam deathmatch.  Too many players felt they had nothing to work towards as they could afford everything so there was no point in playing missions, survivals etc. for some of them.

Giving you nothing at the start gives you a reason to keep playing, make some cash and level up.  I don't think anyone should start with any cash but a safehouse or a small garage would be better.  Spawing on the street was never a good thing.  It's annoying but it incentivises the player to progress with the game.

As to the OP question, the only thing I find absurd is the need for some people to cheat at what is not too difficult a game.

I paid my dues leveling up and (before the money glitchers) busting my ass for pocket change.  It was exactly the kind absurd scenario that most of this forum derided before GTAV was released, as "No way they will require us do menial low-paying jobs to level up in GTAV.  That just isn't GTA.  GTA is about having fun."  :bored: SURPRISE!  What we got was:  Rob 6 liquor stores to afford a single armor upgrade for one car!  Let alone a paint job. 

I think that the original concept was that the expensive toys would be so incredibly hard to grind for, that people who could afford cash cards would get the toys.  That is, only rich kids would have tanks.  That was Rockstar's vision.  I have to say, the money glitchers (quite intentionally) did completely undermine that concept.  On the internet, tanks want to be free.  :colgate:

• fw3 likes this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:39 AM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 26 January 2014 - 03:49 AM.

stuff we liked,

player body type options like in san andreas

advanced car custom options like in san andreas

six star army like most other gta games

stuff we hated

constant bs phone calls 

ps 1 era missions. drive there, pick up/kill and return

cash cards

who's this 'we' sh*t?

i couldn't care less about body types or car customizing or 'optional' cash cards, and ALL missions are pretty much the same in every game(give me one mission that isn't goto X and do Y?).

so you want a game with no options and couldnt care less about replaying the exact same mission over and over? you also dont mind the 3000% mark up on all in-game items to force the sale of those "optional" cards?

anyone remember that malibu stacey joke on the simpsons? 

lisa- dont fall for it. its the exact same doll but with a new hat.

smithers- I WANT THAT HAT!

• fw3 likes this

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

What frustrates me is the lack of content and the repetitiveness of the missions. If I wanted repetitive missions I would just go play gta IV

• fw3 and jessyaudrina like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

The main absurdity, to me, is the whole bit where you start the game with horrible weapons and quite literally no way to defend yourself against superior weapons leaving you with three options:

1) die a lot

Really infuriating and such a BS decision. Of ALL things this is the one that I truly dislike and wish had no place in the game.

It's poor decision making on the part of the devs.  Every new player should start with $100,000 IMHO. They won't be able to unlock many weapons but it gives them a chance to steal and mod a car.. buy some ammo, some new clothes, etc.

That's one of the reasons if I see a new player to mod a car for them... sell it quick and bank the money. 

It's actually quite a good decision.  It's annoying when you start out but the reasoning behind it became extremely obvious once everyone was stinking rich and most players were glitching everything they could - it was mayhem, just a giant free-roam deathmatch.  Too many players felt they had nothing to work towards as they could afford everything so there was no point in playing missions, survivals etc. for some of them.

Giving you nothing at the start gives you a reason to keep playing, make some cash and level up.  I don't think anyone should start with any cash but a safehouse or a small garage would be better.  Spawing on the street was never a good thing.  It's annoying but it incentivises the player to progress with the game.

As to the OP question, the only thing I find absurd is the need for some people to cheat at what is not too difficult a game.

I paid my dues leveling up and (before the money glitchers) busting my ass for pocket change.  It was exactly the kind absurd scenario that most of this forum derided before GTAV was released, as "No way they will require us do menial low-paying jobs to level up in GTAV.  That just isn't GTA.  GTA is about having fun."  :bored: SURPRISE!  What we got was:  Rob 6 liquor stores to afford a single armor upgrade for one car!  Let alone a paint job. 

I think that the original concept was that the expensive toys would be so incredibly hard to grind for, that people who could afford cash cards would get the toys.  That is, only rich kids would have tanks.  That was Rockstar's vision.  I have to say, the money glitchers (quite intentionally) did completely undermine that concept.  On the internet, tanks want to be free.  :colgate:

Saints Row is right on. The original business model was to make a product that required users to re-invest over their initial investment of the product, to be able to leverage the features and benefits of the game. And if users could not afford the "cash cards," then they had the option to grind their game-time away in missions, survivals, etc. to make enough in-game money to afford those features.

As an avid Rockstar supporter of many years (GTA, Red Dead, Bully, etc), I bought the game day one, too. I don't "svck" at GTA (like some replies suggest! LOL!), yet after doing 8,017 survivals, 143,912 races, 1,304 parachute jumps, 11,221 missions, and 6 death matches, I was able to afford a nice apartment AND an Adder. I was in heaven!

But then, along came Brian and that whole fiasco... don't know who Brian is? Then you don't know half the GTA5 story.

Then came the car dupers. Then the money hackers. Then the God moders. Then the Level-uppers. Then the speculation of bans and resets. Then the purge. 

Now, I'm back to robbing stores just to make enough to buy ammunition to redo the same survivals, races, missions, parachute jumps, etc. that I grinded my hairy behind for, already. Except now, I have an Entity... which, if I take it out then there's a good chance a tank will blast me and force me to spend $9932 just to get it back, despite not being my fault.

If you don't find that last part of my post a little "absurd," then boy, you're in the wrong thread! Cheers! ;)

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

who's this 'we' sh*t?

i couldn't care less about body types or car customizing or 'optional' cash cards, and ALL missions are pretty much the same in every game(give me one mission that isn't goto X and do Y?).

so you want a game with no options and couldnt care less about replaying the exact same mission over and over? you also dont mind the 3000% mark up on all in-game items to force the sale of those "optional" cards?

anyone remember that malibu stacey joke on the simpsons? 

lisa- dont fall for it. its the exact same doll but with a new hat.

smithers- I WANT THAT HAT!

i want a game with fun options, i don't find virtual(or RL for that matter)bodybuilding 'fun', i don't find glueing bits to cars that don't affect performance 'fun'.

doing 'the exact same' mission isn't fun either, there are a few hundred to choose from though so not really sure why 'the exact same' is an issue........... unless you're one of those grinders, which i'm not.

as i said, all missions are the same in every game............. 'win the race' is the same in EVERY racing game, kill more than everyone else in a deathmatch is the same as EVERY other deathmatch, go to XXXXXXXX and kill 10 boars is the same as kill the jury................ only the scenery changes.

a ridiculous price on something i don't want is irrelevant as i'm not going to buy it anyway.

and my point is to NOT use 'we' like he's speaking for everyone........... because he's not.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

None of those you mentioned bother me more so than the missing proper stealth mechanics and the stupid ass cornrow bug that's been there for more than a month already.

This is why TLoU got Game of the Year honors and GTA is an afterthought, after making billions of dollars.  I bought it thinking it was going to be street oriented, instead it's more like call of f*cking duty focusing on military bullsh*t.

They need to get their sh*t together and fast.

yup... those two issues. stealth is horrible in this game, you cannot even crouch or go prone... its pretty sad for how far the open world gaming has come... that you can not do simple movements like this.

and the cornrow thing is just more proof that rockstar just can't figure out what button to press:
doh.jpg
(actually the 2nd tim i have used this, but it seems fitting on so many issues)

• fw3 likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

1) die a lot

I look at it as you start with nothing and you work your way up within the criminal world of LS.  The expensive things are something for the player to aspire to be able to one day own.  This works fine if the payouts are reasonable, which they most certainly are not.  Certainly, the intention was to sell cash cards and the low payouts/high expenses were very much part of this.  To us this is a game that we play in our free time, to R* it is a huge cash cow that will probably be milked until GTA VI is released.  Then the whole situation will start again.

• fw3 likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Certainly, the intention was to sell cash cards and the low payouts/high expenses were very much part of this.  To us this is a game that we play in our free time, to R* it is a huge cash cow that will probably be milked until GTA VI is released.  Then the whole situation will start again.

realistically thats 5-6 years off, and i expect they're 'hoping' we'll still be playing, they say they intend to add to this for years.

so do you think having everything unlockable within a week(or however long) as an 'alternative' to cash cards is a good way to promote longevity? you just seem 'certain' that cash cards are the ONLY priority.

if everything was unlockable within a week(or a month) then they would have to release content weekly(or monthly) too, to stop the boredom. unrealistic expectation is unrealistic. they don't want you to 'max' everything until new content is ready.

• fw3 likes this

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Gotta be the impound, I can accept being killed by the police, they are an essential part of the game. but the impound is the real frustration.

I don't even bother with the impound. I always just call in another ride so I can pay the insurance and be done with it.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Why is there not an option for whiny bitches who complain about everything even though its super easy to make money in this game?

Super easy to make money? Only if you were gifted money or glitched or something, I've spent 10 days in game filling up my garage and modding everything 100%, now saving up for a tank and buzzard which is also going to take very long. It's easy to make money in this game, it just takes a very, very long time if you want to buy some of the more expensive stuff.
Which is EXACTLY the way it was intended to be. How long would it take you (never ever ever) to save up for that stuff IRL? You wouldn't.

You're missing the point, we play games to escape the quagmire of life. We don't wanna grind IRL and then go grind some more on a game that's supposed to be a sandbox do whatever you want kind of game. Even all the single player GTA's I've played made you grind a few missions and then you get a huge payout that let's you f*ck around until you get bored of the game. They did it wrong
  • fw3 likes this

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by rlr149, 26 January 2014 - 07:38 PM.

Why is there not an option for whiny bitches who complain about everything even though its super easy to make money in this game?

Super easy to make money? Only if you were gifted money or glitched or something, I've spent 10 days in game filling up my garage and modding everything 100%, now saving up for a tank and buzzard which is also going to take very long. It's easy to make money in this game, it just takes a very, very long time if you want to buy some of the more expensive stuff.
Which is EXACTLY the way it was intended to be. How long would it take you (never ever ever) to save up for that stuff IRL? You wouldn't.

You're missing the point, we play games to escape the quagmire of life. We don't wanna grind IRL and then go grind some more on a game that's supposed to be a sandbox do whatever you want kind of game. Even all the single player GTA's I've played made you grind a few missions and then you get a huge payout that let's you f*ck around until you get bored of the game. They did it wrong

so you knew that all the previous GTA's 'made' you grind sh*t................... and you thought this one would be different.

says more about you than the game or the devs tbh.

http://www.wired.co....-in-video-games.

link from that page is:

http://nigelwarburto...review-ber.html

'playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles' 

Or, in a tighter version:

To play a game is to attempt to achieve a specific state of affairs [prelusory goal], using only means permitted by rules [lusory means], where the rules prohibit use of more efficient in favour of less efficient means [constitutive rules], and where the rules are accepted just because they make possible such activity [lusory attitude].'

seems pretty accurate to me. they made the game as a game should be, you don't want to play though.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Choppers have perfect handling if you ask me.

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

All of the above.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by JayDM420, 26 January 2014 - 08:38 PM.

YAH BRO ITZ GTA LOLZ GET USED TO IT.

GO PLAY HELLOKITTY ISLAND LULZ

*Insert pop media meme here*

You forgot one so I didn't vote. The community...

• fw3 likes this

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Choppers have perfect handling if you ask me.

It's the constant hurricane turbulence that ruins it though. 

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

No cash cards option.. pff OP is a charlatan..

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

No cash cards option.. pff OP is a charlatan..

The forum poll only allows a certain number of choices. Cash Cards was on the list, but wouldn't fit. As for being a charlatan, I prefer being labeled a mountebank, but that's offline. ;)

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I don't get former rich kids complaining that you have to grind now. What the hell were you doing when you had billions of dollars? You should already have every car you want fully modded, your outfits, gun mods etc. I think all I did when rich was try out different cars and paint jobs, and then mess around in free roam wasting ammo. I hardly ever played races and missions then, and when it became clear that they were taking the money away I settled on the garage I've got now. Ammo should really be the only concern now, and there's ways to offset that cost too. Don't see it as a grind and you'll be happier, mix up the games, do a deathmatch, go parachuting, set yourself a challenge like land a Titan on a skyscraper or try and rob every store in an hour. If you're fixated on the cash of course it will seem like grinding, just play the game and the money just rolls in anyway. (And don't say "but you spend most your earnings on ammo", bullsh*t, the only missions where you ever expend massive amounts of ammo are survivals and you can get by without spending a dime)

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

crying-baby.jpg

That is all..

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

crying-baby.jpg

That is all..

And with this, you're informing the community that you've uncontrollably soiled yourself and need urgent assistance?

Sorry, bro, can't help you there. That is all..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users