Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'm Finding the Game to Be Absurd Now.

127 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm Finding the Game is Absurd, Now. (270 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the most frustrating or absurd aspect of the game for you, now?

1. LSPD and the ridiculous, psycho-killer AI. (81 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Paying for vehicles that tanks destroy. (25 votes [9.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

3. The Dump Truck (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. The Commute (2 votes [0.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.74%

5. The price of ammunition. (13 votes [4.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.81%

6. The price to paint your vehicle. (14 votes [5.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

7. "This vehicle is too hot to modify." (13 votes [4.81%] - View)

8. Hackers, Modders, and Cheats... oh my! (39 votes [14.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

9. Ttrryyiinngg ttoo fffllyyy aa hheellicoooptterr sstrraiigghttt. (5 votes [1.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

10. Masks. (3 votes [1.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.11%

11. $9932 to replace an Entity. (3 votes [1.11%] - View)

12. The Impound. (6 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

13. Apartments. (2 votes [0.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.74%

14. Slot 1. (4 votes [1.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.48%

15. "Thanks for your patience, Brian." (6 votes [2.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

16. Level 1000 (3 votes [1.11%] - View)

17. You have been kicked from this mission by the other players. (9 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

18. "I'm winning! I'm winning!" CRASSSH!! "I'm in 11th out of 12?" <sigh> (17 votes [6.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.30%

19. Oh, it's that guy I just played Survival with... wait... no! Don't shoot! NO!! (13 votes [4.81%] - View)

20. I see, he's INSIDE the wall. (12 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

It would be alot better if we had the option to turn off police.

They put Robo Cop to shame.....

Even if it limited activity's as a result. 

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Poll should have had mutliple choices lol, I recognize a few of them :p

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

The police and psycho killer AI is winning? Ya'll are a bunch of pussies. They are a joke. If anything the road blocks need to be bigger and they need to send out the tanks and jets at 5 stars.
  • FasterThanYou and am30 like this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Rhino is the worst thing that has happened to online.

I don´t share the hate for police. I can´t even see from where that comes, they´re really easy to lose.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

there are things that piss me off but not to a point of finding the game absurd...

connection issues should have been an option.

we should have a cop free option.

impound lot can stay but it should be tweaked so they dont impound your car as soon as you get killed. you should have some 24 ingame hours to go back into your car before it get impounded.

prices of EVERYTHING should get a 50% cut. everything is way too overpriced, things should be 2-3 times the price of sp not 10-15 times the price as we have now. 10k for a mask that cost 500 in sp? really?!

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

It seems like you could avoid the majority of these 'issues' by not sucking so much.

• MantisFang likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

The police and psycho killer AI is winning? Ya'll are a bunch of pussies. They are a joke. If anything the road blocks need to be bigger and they need to send out the tanks and jets at 5 stars.

the hate toward the police is not because of the chases and roadblocks...

try having a battle on the streets, police ruin the action.

the other day when to a invite only session for a 1 on 1 battle... first to get 20 kills win. took little over an hour and a half to finish thanks to the police...
  • saintsrow and Khaos89 like this

710_Holidayz
  • 710_Holidayz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Absurd is sweating fake money in a make believe economy.
tumblr_m1tyhp4xoZ1qhy7g3o1_500.gif

none of the above?

Uhhhm WAT!
GTA is not an economy by the way lololol. You clearly dont know anything about economics my friend.

Ryan_Codebreaker
  • Ryan_Codebreaker

Van Society

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Paint jobs and ammo

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

tumblr_m1tyhp4xoZ1qhy7g3o1_500.gif

none of the above?

Uhhhm WAT!
GTA is not an economy by the way lololol. You clearly dont know anything about economics my friend.

There is an in-game economy of sorts.  You earn money and then spend that on ammo, apartment, cars, snacks, bounties etc. don't you?  If you run out of cash, you either buy a cash card or do a few missions.  In effect, there is an economy of sorts within the game.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

THE PARTY CRASHER

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

When I was in my early 20's I used to eat runts candies all the time.  Then I started hating the way they tasted...

SO I STOPPED EATING THEM AND HAVE NOT EATEN ONCE SINCE.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Why is there not an option for whiny bitches who complain about everything even though its super easy to make money in this game?

Super easy to make money? Only if you were gifted money or glitched or something, I've spent 10 days in game filling up my garage and modding everything 100%, now saving up for a tank and buzzard which is also going to take very long. It's easy to make money in this game, it just takes a very, very long time if you want to buy some of the more expensive stuff.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Why is there not an option for whiny bitches who complain about everything even though its super easy to make money in this game?

Super easy to make money? Only if you were gifted money or glitched or something, I've spent 10 days in game filling up my garage and modding everything 100%, now saving up for a tank and buzzard which is also going to take very long. It's easy to make money in this game, it just takes a very, very long time if you want to buy some of the more expensive stuff.

Which is EXACTLY the way it was intended to be. How long would it take you (never ever ever) to save up for that stuff IRL? You wouldn't.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

I will never understand how you guys waste so much on Ammo. You don't need to have max ammo 24/7.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Oh, another glitcher who's poor now.

I weep for you.

Not.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by CenMan, 25 January 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Which is EXACTLY the way it was intended to be. How long would it take you (never ever ever) to save up for that stuff IRL? You wouldn't.

True, it wasn't supposed to be easy, and it's not. You said it's super easy, that's the only thing I'm disagreeing with. It takes VERY long to buy the more expensive stuff. And if this was real life, I wouldn't even have had the 25k garage by now.

edit: wait that wasn't you, sorry

xStaY BlaZiNx
  • xStaY BlaZiNx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

All you pussies need to quit bitching about the the f*ckin game. If you're getting bored just don't f*ckin play it. There's no need to jump on the forum and post the same f*ckin thread that's been posted a million timestimes just so you fa**ots can whine and have a giant suck fest.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 25 January 2014 - 02:24 PM.

Deathmatch. Use it. Hell, you´ll get paid for it.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by fw3, 25 January 2014 - 02:33 PM.

Here is where the game began... maybe you forgot?

Or maybe you just lost interest since you have no interest in actually playing the "game"..

just spending money you got for nothing.

GTA1_PC_in-game_screenshot.png

Gameplay

Grand Theft Auto is made up of a series of levels, each set in one of the three main cities. In each level, the player's ultimate objective is to reach a target number of points, which is typically achieved by performing tasks for the city's local crime syndicate. Each level has its own unique set of tasks. Successful completion of a mission rewards the player with points and opens the opportunity to attempt harder missions for higher rewards, while failure awards few points and may permanently seal off opportunities for more tasks. Completing missions also increases the player's "multiplier", which increases the points the player gets for doing other tasks.

If the player is arrested then their multiplier is halved. Unlike in later games in the series, the player can be wasted in one hit without body armor. If the player is wasted then he loses a life. In both cases the player loses their current equipment. If the player is wasted too many times he loses and must restart the level from scratch.

Freedom

The player is free to do whatever he or she wants. The player can gain points by causing death and destruction amid the traffic in the city, or steal and sell cars for profit. To get to the large target money required to complete a level, players will usually opt to complete at least some missions to build up their multiplier. Some criminal acts have an inherent multiplier; for example, using a police car for running over people doubles the number of points received.

Even during missions there is still some freedom as most of the time the player is free to choose the route to take, but the destination is usually fixed. It is this level of freedom which set Grand Theft Auto apart from other action based computer games at the time.[8] The PC releases of the game allowed networked multiplayer gameplay using the IPX protocol.[9] Some places in the game have to be unlocked by completing missions.

~ TRUNCATED FOR EASY READING ~

Naw, I didn't forget the original games - I loved them! But in discussing the franchise, it really starts, for me, with GTA3 and the 3D universe - that's when it became truly relevant.

Regardless, the description you're provided does not address the newest addition: a free roaming lobby where players meet and interact before and after engaging the missions you wrote about. This addition implements the newest GTA concept, a highly volatile AI system, likened only to the horde of Agent Smiths from The Matrix Revolutions movie, which seems to know a players every move before the player does. It also incorporates a mandatory financial reward system and economy, that if played correctly, becomes exhausted just by doing menial and routine tasks, like repairing your vehicle, respawing (medical bills), impound fees, ammunition, mechanic and apartment fees, etc. which all add up to the amounted payouts of missions and races, etc. 

So, basically, if you play the game according to the description you provided, you can eventually unlock certain features and benefits that come locked in the vanilla game; however, if you play the game as intended, you'll never be able to unlock certain features of the game because the economic structure set forth by the developer makes it extremely difficult - near to impossible - to accrue such amounts of money. 

Again, that's why the "Santa's" who gave out billions actually did the community a huge favor, by allowing players access to the things we'd never be able to have afforded by simply playing the game.

And that to me, both with the set rules of gameplay for this iteration of GTA, as well as the gifted billions to get around those rules, is absurd.

Cheers. ;)

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

All you pussies need to quit bitching about the the f*ckin game. If you're getting bored just don't f*ckin play it. There's no need to jump on the forum and post the same f*ckin thread that's been posted a million timestimes just so you fa**ots can whine and have a giant suck fest.

For someone who writes, in a single post, "you pvssies," "quit b!tching," "the fing game," "don't fing play," "same fing thread," "timestimes," "f&ggots," and "svck fest," it's clear you need to take a break from the forum. 

Perhaps you should go play GTA and keep your hostile and rather useless opinion in your toolbag? Thanks a bunch! ~ The entire forum community

• saintsrow, Yogogamer and UchihaRingo like this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Everything about "the economy" (there isn't one) is absurd. Drive the sh*t out of a car, limp into LSC seconds from exploding...merely $500 and you're good as new. But you;ll spend a small fortune to paint that same car.

• saintsrow and fw3 like this

Geometry
  • Geometry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Where's the all of the above option?

• sportbikepilot369 likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:43 PM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 04:58 PM.

You clearly don't know anything about the words:

FAKE or MAKE BELIEVE

Why don't we PRETEND that you do and smile at the ABSURDity of your post.

none of the above?

Uhhhm WAT!

0_0.jpg

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Here is where the game began... maybe you forgot?

Or maybe you just lost interest since you have no interest in actually playing the "game"..

just spending money you got for nothing.

GTA1_PC_in-game_screenshot.png

Gameplay
Grand Theft Auto is made up of a series of levels, each set in one of the three main cities. In each level, the player's ultimate objective is to reach a target number of points, which is typically achieved by performing tasks for the city's local crime syndicate. Each level has its own unique set of tasks. Successful completion of a mission rewards the player with points and opens the opportunity to attempt harder missions for higher rewards, while failure awards few points and may permanently seal off opportunities for more tasks. Completing missions also increases the player's "multiplier", which increases the points the player gets for doing other tasks.

If the player is arrested then their multiplier is halved. Unlike in later games in the series, the player can be wasted in one hit without body armor. If the player is wasted then he loses a life. In both cases the player loses their current equipment. If the player is wasted too many times he loses and must restart the level from scratch.

Freedom
The player is free to do whatever he or she wants. The player can gain points by causing death and destruction amid the traffic in the city, or steal and sell cars for profit. To get to the large target money required to complete a level, players will usually opt to complete at least some missions to build up their multiplier. Some criminal acts have an inherent multiplier; for example, using a police car for running over people doubles the number of points received.

Even during missions there is still some freedom as most of the time the player is free to choose the route to take, but the destination is usually fixed. It is this level of freedom which set Grand Theft Auto apart from other action based computer games at the time.[8] The PC releases of the game allowed networked multiplayer gameplay using the IPX protocol.[9] Some places in the game have to be unlocked by completing missions.

~ TRUNCATED FOR EASY READING ~

Naw, I didn't forget the original games - I loved them! But in discussing the franchise, it really starts, for me, with GTA3 and the 3D universe - that's when it became truly relevant.

Regardless, the description you're provided does not address the newest addition: a free roaming lobby where players meet and interact before and after engaging the missions you wrote about. This addition implements the newest GTA concept, a highly volatile AI system, likened only to the horde of Agent Smiths from The Matrix Revolutions movie, which seems to know a players every move before the player does. It also incorporates a mandatory financial reward system and economy, that if played correctly, becomes exhausted just by doing menial and routine tasks, like repairing your vehicle, respawing (medical bills), impound fees, ammunition, mechanic and apartment fees, etc. which all add up to the amounted payouts of missions and races, etc. 

So, basically, if you play the game according to the description you provided, you can eventually unlock certain features and benefits that come locked in the vanilla game; however, if you play the game as intended, you'll never be able to unlock certain features of the game because the economic structure set forth by the developer makes it extremely difficult - near to impossible - to accrue such amounts of money. 

Again, that's why the "Santa's" who gave out billions actually did the community a huge favor, by allowing players access to the things we'd never be able to have afforded by simply playing the game.

And that to me, both with the set rules of gameplay for this iteration of GTA, as well as the gifted billions to get around those rules, is absurd.

Cheers. ;)

I wasn't able to get to GTAO until 2 weeks after launch due to the server issue.

You are full of sh*t. Why? Because at level 20 something I already had 500k. AFTER they nerfed payout etc.

I did 3 bloody missions yesterday -im only rank 58- and got around 50k + 2 Galavanters sold. All in less than 2 hours. I spent half that time f*cking around in free roam.

All the gifters did was remove one month worth of playing and immediately replaced it with $ instead of time spent.

If you aren't wiling to put in work, you are going to while like a bitch about money . Similar to Welfare recipients capable of working but refuse to do so, yet bitch about being broke.

You get what you put in. Just like IRL.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Not even ten minutes ago, I signed in to Online, spawned inside my apartment and went upstairs. When I got there I found two players walking around. But they acted like I was invisible.

I smoked the pixel marijuanas and proceeded to the window where I saw a tank go zipping by my window. Almost like it was flying... but more like falling at a mostly horizontal angle.

Last time I played, I watched the TV in the apartment and saw a kid run over a bush in the desert that launched his tank as high as the game allows. No idea where he was because the TV doesn't show the mini map.

I saw screw GTA Online. I'm going back to GTA4. At least the glitchers and hackers there can be fun, building ramps and Hot Wheels style race tracks.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:52 PM Edited by ChillerVapes, 25 January 2014 - 05:54 PM.

I have gone back to my old ways of doing missions and not wasting ammo etc. I miss using merryweather as much as I did.

The problem with the game now is, even if I still have over 500000 in the bank, I'm not f*cking going to touch it, ever.

What I have in my inventory and in my garage is what I will keep. I found my 1st sentinel xs online today and made a tough decision to replace my vergo with it.
Missing my vergo already. I used to pretend to be a hunter in that car. (Yes I'm a supernatural fan lol)

Worst thing is, I have to decide to spend money upgrading the damn thing now.

I hope hackers figure out how to create a mission where all you have to do is drive to the checkpoint and receive 500000 for playing the mission or something.

I wasn't keen on the grafting my arse off before the gifted cash and I'm still not. Just let me have fun and not worry about cash. I do f*cking enough of that in the real world.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

the other day when to a invite only session for a 1 on 1 battle... first to get 20 kills win. took little over an hour and a half to finish thanks to the police...

Was playing a while ago, about to kill this guy then boom police kill me and ruin the fun.

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by am30, 25 January 2014 - 06:02 PM.

I have gone back to my old ways of doing missions and not wasting ammo etc. I miss using merryweather as much as I did.

The problem with the game now is, even if I still have over 500000 in the bank, I'm not f*cking going to touch it, ever.

What I have in my inventory and in my garage is what I will keep. I found my 1st sentinel xs online today and made a tough decision to replace my vergo with it.
Missing my vergo already. I used to pretend to be a hunter in that car. (Yes I'm a supernatural fan lol)

Worst thing is, I have to decide to spend money upgrading the damn thing now.

I hope hackers figure out how to create a mission where all you have to do is drive to the checkpoint and receive 500000 for playing the mission or something.

I wasn't keen on the grafting my arse off before the gifted cash and I'm still not. Just let me have fun and not worry about cash. I do f*cking enough of that in the real world.

You don't need hacked money.

R* left me with $550,000.  I now have just over $1.8 million.  I don't need hackers and their illicit cash seeing as I've bought all the daft stuff before teh clear-out.  All that's left for me to buy is the mini-gun and I can pick that up in a survival and keep it once I've unlocked it.

I know working for your cash is a bit leftfield but that's the way it is.  If you don't like it, play something else.

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Lol you know you could just 1vs1 in a deathmatch with no police. I've had many battles in the streets and the cops certainly don't ruin it for me.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Deathmatch. Use it. Hell, you´ll get paid for it.

KEYWORDS... battle on the streets.

DM mode would never top a good ol' street battle, DM are boring and youre limited to a certain location, while on the streets you have freerom of movement.
  • saintsrow likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users