Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'm Finding the Game to Be Absurd Now.

149 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm Finding the Game is Absurd, Now. (390 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the most frustrating or absurd aspect of the game for you, now?

1. LSPD and the ridiculous, psycho-killer AI. (135 votes [34.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

2. Paying for vehicles that tanks destroy. (26 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. The Dump Truck (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

4. The Commute (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

5. The price of ammunition. (13 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. The price to paint your vehicle. (16 votes [4.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.10%

7. "This vehicle is too hot to modify." (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

8. Hackers, Modders, and Cheats... oh my! (63 votes [16.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

9. Ttrryyiinngg ttoo fffllyyy aa hheellicoooptterr sstrraiigghttt. (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

10. Masks. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

11. $9932 to replace an Entity. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

12. The Impound. (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

13. Apartments. (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

14. Slot 1. (4 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

15. "Thanks for your patience, Brian." (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

16. Level 1000 (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

17. You have been kicked from this mission by the other players. (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

18. "I'm winning! I'm winning!" CRASSSH!! "I'm in 11th out of 12?" <sigh> (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

19. Oh, it's that guy I just played Survival with... wait... no! Don't shoot! NO!! (20 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

20. I see, he's INSIDE the wall. (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote
saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:29 AM Edited by saintsrow, 25 January 2014 - 04:38 AM.

Absurd is sweating fake money in a make believe economy.

The reality is that the "make believe" economy was exposed and many of us had a crazy good time with the billions we swam in. But those of us who started from day one learned that grinding for days and hours to make enough to just buy a paint job for your vehicle was, indeed, absurd. That's why those who distributed the billions did what they did - and I'm grateful for their efforts. Looking at it now, especially, they gave me the best experience in this game so far - the ability to relax after my real job, kick back, and have some fun. Now, the idea of robbing convenience stores for $1000 bucks or stealing $11 dollars from an NPC seems kinda old. Just saying.

:^: This is so true it hurts. 

EDIT: 

If your best time was had with unlimited funds then it is really no wonder why you see everything as absurd. It killed the game for you.

Pure bullsh*t.  For me anyway.  Grinding hundreds of hours of my real world life for a repetitive game is what is absurd.  :angry:  I feel like a Chinese gold farmer in WoW. 

Thank goodness the money let me get the million-dollar things that I wanted.  It would have cost me about $400 in cash cards to get those things.  F*ck that.  :v:

And I put in my 200+ hours of so-so monotonous game satisfaction, to level up RP so I could get my hands on the heavy sniper and RPG. 

Now the final miserable quest is to win / trade about 50 car races, so I can get my performance mods.  Then I can actually relax and have fun.  :^:

Well, except for getting sniped in the back and wasted by drive-by sticky-bombers.  :/

• RAS_ZeroZ, fw3, Yogogamer and 2 others like this

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

It would be alot better if we had the option to turn off police.

They put Robo Cop to shame.....

Don't count on it chum.

• redfirebird87 likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:36 AM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 04:37 AM.

so the greatest time you had in the game was not playing it? 

0_0.jpg

• Jolly Swagman likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:42 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 25 January 2014 - 04:44 AM.

Yes, having to grind for cash killed the game for me.  As if we're supposed to enjoy grinding ?!?!

A fully modded car is like 25 Coveted units... or some crazy number like that, depending on which paint schemes and rims you get.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:48 AM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 04:49 AM.

gta has always been about choice

you choose what you want to do

beautiful in its simplicity

Too much like reality. I get it.

Yes, having to grind for cash killed the game for me.  As if we're supposed to enjoy grinding ?!?!

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 25 January 2014 - 04:52 AM.

yes.. because in an online world where can pull miniguns from our ass and tank grief an entire city should be like real life....

• Yogogamer likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

I have two accounts, one with the billionnaire cash where I have all the cars, modded and all the pegassi vehicles bar the Tank. My other account I started again to see if I could go back to 'grinding'. I found that I play the new account more, the old one is just there now for messing about but it gets really boring. The new account, I have things to do, to make money for an apartment or car but everytime I turn it off I think..was I really having fun doing sh*tty missions for low payout? 

• saintsrow and fw3 like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:53 AM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 04:56 AM.

that way we can choose to find a meaning in existence and the things that actually matter.

tumblr_static_tumblr_meu234yyen1rm101do1

or play a video game 

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

Another nigga complaining thread about how something you're bad.

You aren't talking, you're typing. You had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to type your thoughts out yet THIS is what you came up with?

Posts like that are why the world thinks we're f*cking morons. Thanks!

• Jolly Swagman, fw3, BatFerYou and 1 other like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

that post was actually quite thought provoking 

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:59 AM Edited by fw3, 25 January 2014 - 06:00 AM.

GTA has always been about having the freedom to explore a vibrant, open, and expansive environment without limitations.

I was never keen on the idea of locking out parts of the map to the player back in, what, GTA3 or Vice City?

Here we have a spectacular and breathtaking world to run around and play in... but the way it's designed (key word, there) is that yes, you can choose what you'd like to do, but in order to do anything, you need to have certain prerequisites met first. 

• you need enough in-game money to buy things to make the experience worthwhile.
• you need in-game money to be able to buy an apartment in order to simply Save your game and/or vehicles.
• you need to perform specific tasks in order to acquire that in-game money AND gain Reputation Points.
• Without the in-game money AND RPs, you cannot partake in the full compliment of features and benefits of the product you paid for.
• Unless, of course, you'd like to purchase in-game money by using real-world currency.

It's kind of like telling the mouse in the maze that there's cheese with his name on it, but he's going to have to expedite an exhaustive course to get to it. And should he choose to climb over the wall and take an easy, more direct route, he'll be penalized and sent back to the start. And by the way, certain parts of the maze are blocked off, but if the mouse wants to access those vital areas, he's going to have chew or "grind" his way through. Or, he can perform a special trick and "pay" to have the obstacle removed. After all, it's his choice, right? 

Sorry, no cheese for you, Chuck E. ;)

(ps. I wholly respect the discussion and the debate. I'm grateful there's a community to discuss this stuff, absurd or not. Cheers! ;) )

• saintsrow, Pitch~Black, BurningChrome and 2 others like this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

The main absurdity, to me, is the whole bit where you start the game with horrible weapons and quite literally no way to defend yourself against superior weapons leaving you with three options:

1) die a lot

2) leave and find new session

3) find someplace to hide and waste time hiding

Really infuriating and such a BS decision. Of ALL things this is the one that I truly dislike and wish had no place in the game.

• fw3 and Yogogamer like this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

The main absurdity, to me, is the whole bit where you start the game with horrible weapons and quite literally no way to defend yourself against superior weapons leaving you with three options:

1) die a lot

Really infuriating and such a BS decision. Of ALL things this is the one that I truly dislike and wish had no place in the game.

It's poor decision making on the part of the devs.  Every new player should start with $100,000 IMHO. They won't be able to unlock many weapons but it gives them a chance to steal and mod a car.. buy some ammo, some new clothes, etc.

That's one of the reasons if I see a new player to mod a car for them... sell it quick and bank the money. 

• SuperJude™ and fw3 like this

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Having played all GTA titles I don't look for anything ground breaking. Just a little bit of everything, with a side of grief. What more could a gamer ask for.
  • MantisFang and fw3 like this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

you forgot the latest problem...

oh that cheating bastard is in that blinking godmode again!

i would like to pick all of the above instead of just one.

rockstar doesnt need to do anything ground breaking. just give us the stuff we liked about the old games and leave out the stuff we didnt like. its not that hard. 

stuff we liked,

player body type options like in san andreas

advanced car custom options like in san andreas

six star army like most other gta games

stuff we hated

constant bs phone calls 

ps 1 era missions. drive there, pick up/kill and return

cash cards

• saintsrow, fw3 and UchihaRingo like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Constant bs phone calls

I haven't read anything, but i'm assuming they've fixed this? They're not so frequent for me...

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:46 AM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 08:53 AM.

Here is where the game began... maybe you forgot?

Or maybe you just lost interest since you have no interest in actually playing the "game"..

just spending money you got for nothing.

GTA1_PC_in-game_screenshot.png

Gameplay

Grand Theft Auto is made up of a series of levels, each set in one of the three main cities. In each level, the player's ultimate objective is to reach a target number of points, which is typically achieved by performing tasks for the city's local crime syndicate. Each level has its own unique set of tasks. Successful completion of a mission rewards the player with points and opens the opportunity to attempt harder missions for higher rewards, while failure awards few points and may permanently seal off opportunities for more tasks. Completing missions also increases the player's "multiplier", which increases the points the player gets for doing other tasks.

If the player is arrested then their multiplier is halved. Unlike in later games in the series, the player can be wasted in one hit without body armor. If the player is wasted then he loses a life. In both cases the player loses their current equipment. If the player is wasted too many times he loses and must restart the level from scratch.

Freedom

The player is free to do whatever he or she wants. The player can gain points by causing death and destruction amid the traffic in the city, or steal and sell cars for profit. To get to the large target money required to complete a level, players will usually opt to complete at least some missions to build up their multiplier. Some criminal acts have an inherent multiplier; for example, using a police car for running over people doubles the number of points received.

Even during missions there is still some freedom as most of the time the player is free to choose the route to take, but the destination is usually fixed. It is this level of freedom which set Grand Theft Auto apart from other action based computer games at the time.[8] The PC releases of the game allowed networked multiplayer gameplay using the IPX protocol.[9] Some places in the game have to be unlocked by completing missions.

GTA has always been about having the freedom to explore a vibrant, open, and expansive environment without limitations.

I was never keen on the idea of locking out parts of the map to the player back in, what, GTA3 or Vice City?

Here we have a spectacular and breathtaking world to run around and play in... but the way it's designed (key word, there) is that yes, you can choose what you'd like to do, but in order to do anything, you need to have certain prerequisites met first. 

• you need enough in-game money to buy things to make the experience worthwhile.
• you need in-game money to be able to buy an apartment in order to simply Save your game and/or vehicles.
• you need to perform specific tasks in order to acquire that in-game money AND gain Reputation Points.
• Without the in-game money AND RPs, you cannot partake in the full compliment of features and benefits of the product you paid for.
• Unless, of course, you'd like to purchase in-game money by using real-world currency.

It's kind of like telling the mouse in the maze that there's cheese with his name on it, but he's going to have to expedite an exhaustive course to get to it. And should he choose to climb over the wall and take an easy, more direct route, he'll be penalized and sent back to the start. And by the way, certain parts of the maze are blocked off, but if the mouse wants to access those vital areas, he's going to have chew or "grind" his way through. Or, he can perform a special trick and "pay" to have the obstacle removed. After all, it's his choice, right? 

Sorry, no cheese for you, Chuck E. ;)

(ps. I wholly respect the discussion and the debate. I'm grateful there's a community to discuss this stuff, absurd or not. Cheers! ;) )

• Ss4gogeta0, Jolly Swagman and SUPERHEAVYDOODY like this

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but between spending $8000 on ammunition, $300 for a tee shirt, or being gunned down by bloodthirsty police, GTAVO has finally become absurd to me. Perhaps I need a break or maybe should just free roam in Passive like in the 70's show, Kung Fu. This grasshopper is finding too many things that don't add up and now that the money's gone, it's not so much fun anymore. It's likely just me, but I wonder if others are experiencing this. Thoughts?

I never spend more then $1000 in a day for ammo, maybe you should train your shoting a little bit more?

$1,000 on ammo in a day?

Bullsh*t.

Unless you rarely ever fire a single round, that is bullsh*t.

• saintsrow likes this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Can I choose all of the above? I'd rather not clock every little bubble and if I can only choose one then.. f*ck off! No really though There are lots of stupid little headaches but the biggest is when the game is out to get you. 

Example : When you get a car ready for simeon, cars will swerve in your direction on purpose. At times when you're trying to get away your car seems to flip much easier. the mechanic will leave you high and dry when the situation becomes live or die, meryweather pilot does not know the difference between constricted space and open ground, if cops see you're trying to get away from someone else they will pin you and wait for them to kill you, if your inputs are too fast and in quick succession your character may glitch ending in death. If the game wants to kill you , you will die. 

• T-Fleezee and fw3 like this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Can I vote for everything?

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Cops ruin any fun I'm ever having with this game.

• fw3 likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Stopped playing this sh*t afger 2 weeks because boring and repetitive. Mostly because of the aimbot semi-godmod NPCs.
  • saintsrow and fw3 like this

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Super Rat the defender of Squeaks.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

to me the most annoying aspect of GTA:O is a lack of a 'reconnect' or 'join new session' option when it gives you a network error/disconnect an drops me back into micheal who is the most boring of the three even if i join GTA:O after controlling Trevor who is always more entertaining to switch to..

However i don't have many issues with the AI except for not being able to surrender 'peacefully' but the LS cops aren't cops like ours there motto isn't to protect and serve its to 'obey' and serv there more plus if you were in LS with all of us psychos running around blowing up cars killing cops 20-30 at a time(well i usually try not to kill any but sometimes it can't be avoided). though i do wish there were things like 'strangers and freaks' missions or some of the random blips on the radar to help NPC like in SP.

So my biggest annoyance is a lack of non-violent means to make money -not counting selling cars.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

This game is suck because game.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

Setting hackers and modders aside for another topic

The two things that annoy the hell out of me with the way the game is written  (Coded)

1. This car is two hot to modify .......so in a game Named "Grand Theft Auto"  I can only steal certain vehicles, i could understand having to be a certain rank to have the ability to steal it or maybe having a Garage as a requirement....then make the removal of the tracker system cost you money from a Service provided by Lester and have that ability unlock as a certain level
  2. Cops......no i dont want to turn them off .......but damn who did the voice overs for them didnt think about the programming of the game......they say, pull over put your hands behind your head, and other stuff similar.........They only have one sentence of a crime from 1 star to 5 .....Kill you ....give the player the option to "give up" if a wanted level is 1 or 2 stars and fine them a set amount ...after you hit star 3 fight for your life

DisappointedScrosh
  • DisappointedScrosh

Rectumus Maximus

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for reminding me how awesome I was for buying all the clothes and crap when I was a billionaire as I don't need to buy $300 shirts these days and get ammo money from the supermarket robberies! Wooooooo!!

1545861_611653445556396_1173176738_n.jpg

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

• Traffic running me over when I'm aiming for something.
  • Mechanic driving away with my car.
  • Players that have no clue what the hell they're doing.
  • Cops

But the thing that annoys me the most is that when I exit a vehicle 99% of the time I get stuck behind the freaking door.

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

A lot of interesting choices in that poll... but for me it's why the devs make these weird choices to remove vehicles like the Rat Loader with all of it's customizations (stuff people like having!).. or instead of Franklin's Buffalo we get this el-cheapo Buffalo, really.. like that will unbalance the game somehow?  The weird decisions they make having me scratching my head.   They should be finding ways to introduce more variety and more mods & clothes instead of limiting the experience.

And removing police vehicles from garages...  that one I can't forgive them for.

Well to be honest dude I can argue against the Buffalo and police vehicles. They want us to purchase mods, Frankie's comes.partially nodded. Also with the police vehicles... Some of them make you almost invincible. I went up against a chain gun in a transport yesterday. The force of the gum kept the vehicle from advancing but it didn't blow up or even start to smoke. Kinda not fair n'est pas?

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

stuff we liked,

player body type options like in san andreas

advanced car custom options like in san andreas

six star army like most other gta games

stuff we hated

constant bs phone calls 

ps 1 era missions. drive there, pick up/kill and return

cash cards

who's this 'we' sh*t?

i couldn't care less about body types or car customizing or 'optional' cash cards, and ALL missions are pretty much the same in every game(give me one mission that isn't goto X and do Y?).

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

1) die a lot

It's poor decision making on the part of the devs.  Every new player should start with $100,000 IMHO. They won't be able to unlock many weapons but it gives them a chance to steal and mod a car.. buy some ammo, some new clothes, etc.

That's one of the reasons if I see a new player to mod a car for them... sell it quick and bank the money. 

It's actually quite a good decision.  It's annoying when you start out but the reasoning behind it became extremely obvious once everyone was stinking rich and most players were glitching everything they could - it was mayhem, just a giant free-roam deathmatch.  Too many players felt they had nothing to work towards as they could afford everything so there was no point in playing missions, survivals etc. for some of them.

Giving you nothing at the start gives you a reason to keep playing, make some cash and level up.  I don't think anyone should start with any cash but a safehouse or a small garage would be better.  Spawing on the street was never a good thing.  It's annoying but it incentivises the player to progress with the game.

As to the OP question, the only thing I find absurd is the need for some people to cheat at what is not too difficult a game.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users