Quantcast

» «
Photo

I'm Finding the Game to Be Absurd Now.

149 replies to this topic

Poll: I'm Finding the Game is Absurd, Now. (390 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the most frustrating or absurd aspect of the game for you, now?

1. LSPD and the ridiculous, psycho-killer AI. (135 votes [34.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.62%

2. Paying for vehicles that tanks destroy. (26 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. The Dump Truck (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

4. The Commute (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

5. The price of ammunition. (13 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. The price to paint your vehicle. (16 votes [4.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.10%

7. "This vehicle is too hot to modify." (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

8. Hackers, Modders, and Cheats... oh my! (63 votes [16.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.15%

9. Ttrryyiinngg ttoo fffllyyy aa hheellicoooptterr sstrraiigghttt. (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

10. Masks. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

11. $9932 to replace an Entity. (3 votes [0.77%] - View)

12. The Impound. (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

13. Apartments. (2 votes [0.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.51%

14. Slot 1. (4 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

15. "Thanks for your patience, Brian." (7 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

16. Level 1000 (6 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

17. You have been kicked from this mission by the other players. (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

18. "I'm winning! I'm winning!" CRASSSH!! "I'm in 11th out of 12?" <sigh> (18 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

19. Oh, it's that guy I just played Survival with... wait... no! Don't shoot! NO!! (20 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

20. I see, he's INSIDE the wall. (19 votes [4.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but between spending $8000 on ammunition, $300 for a tee shirt, or being gunned down by bloodthirsty police, GTAVO has finally become absurd to me. Perhaps I need a break or maybe should just free roam in Passive like in the 70's show, Kung Fu. This grasshopper is finding too many things that don't add up and now that the money's gone, it's not so much fun anymore. It's likely just me, but I wonder if others are experiencing this. Thoughts?

• saintsrow, THE DRAGOON, Soda and Soap and 4 others like this

JustinFudge
  • JustinFudge

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Yea bro I love this gane...but multiplayers is not so fun anymore!
I am not really havimg a great tine
  • dedlee, BurningChrome and fw3 like this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Bads are going to be bad, that's inevitable. I mostly play Invite Only/Closed Crew sessions and join Free Roam lobbies if I feel like testing the public.

If I could pick two from that list it would be:

1) Price of paints

2) Bads who host open matches/races/missions and then kick you for no real reason

I'm going with number 2.

• fw3 likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

It would be alot better if we had the option to turn off police.

They put Robo Cop to shame.....

• Average white guy, Pixel S, JohnTaper and 5 others like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

Why is the dump truck an option? It's the best vehicle in the game:

0_0.jpg

• scubadave, fw3, SUPERHEAVYDOODY and 3 others like this

MrJaffaJugs
  • MrJaffaJugs

Rockstar lied. There isn't any jaffa cakes in GTA.

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:53 AM Edited by MrJaffaJugs, 25 January 2014 - 03:54 AM.

I lost it at "I see, he's INSIDE the wall". I'm actually having just as much fun as I was pre-maintenance when I was filthy rich. It could just be you. You could try switching your style up, for example, start collecting rare cars? You may just need a break. I personally can't fathom needing a break, I've already passed the 500+ hours played mark and it's still just as much fun.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:54 AM Edited by fw3, 25 January 2014 - 04:02 AM.

Why is the dump truck an option? It's the best vehicle in the game:

0_0.jpg

LOL!!! It's like a big, happy, dopey puppy watching his master walk up the driveway!! Brilliant!! ;)

I bought the dump truck very early on after grinding to make enough money to get it. For the $1million it cost, I couldn't believe it was slow, no dump functionality, and ZERO protection (explodes so easily!) from NPC cars, cops, or trigger happy players who are drawn to it like kids to candy.

Then, I learned it spawned online. <sigh> What a disappointment. So much potential. 

• Jolly Swagman and TimelyMeerkat like this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

some of those answers are funny as hell, i chose "thanks for patience", Brian." but there should deffinatly be a "this session has timed out" option
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE, fw3 and SUPERHEAVYDOODY like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

The prices of things has always pissed me off, but connection trouble and lack of new things to do is taking it's toll. Think i'm going to have a break for a few days and slowly come back into it :/

• fw3 and SilkySkillz85 like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

Thanks for reminding me how awesome I was for buying all the clothes and crap when I was a billionaire as I don't need to buy $300 shirts these days and get ammo money from the supermarket robberies! Wooooooo!!
  • GourangaMaster and fw3 like this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Why is there not an option for whiny bitches who complain about everything even though its super easy to make money in this game?

• GourangaMaster likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:07 AM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 04:14 AM.

Absurd is sweating fake money in a make believe economy.

tumblr_m1tyhp4xoZ1qhy7g3o1_500.gif

none of the above?
  • fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for reminding me how awesome I was for buying all the clothes and crap when I was a billionaire as I don't need to buy $300 shirts these days and get ammo money from the supermarket robberies! Wooooooo!!

Yeah, I have to admit that the money thing gave some of us a lot of nice things. Like you, I got all the clothes. Like the Pork Pie hats. Cuz I wear those ALL the time. Or sixteen different styles of Chelsea Boots, because, well, you just never know when you might go to a hoe-down. LOL! But, seriously... I did get nice cars, clothes, and a good apartment. I just wish Rockstar had left the money thing alone. It was fun while it lasted, but alas, the fun seems to be in short supply, now. (again, just me, I think).

Why is there not an option for whiny bitches who complain about everything even though its super easy to make money in this game?

I didn't have room for either that or "Elitist toolbags who b!tch about people's posts, yet don't have the creative intelligence to contribute anything fresh on their own."

I'll have to make another for that. <sigh> ;)

• saintsrow, cattafett, FirstLadyofGTA and 4 others like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

^This...

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

the impound lot. its not realistic, its not game balancing, its really f*ckin annoying. so why is it in the game?

• RAS_ZeroZ and fw3 like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

...and ^this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Shum Shum, Schlippity Dup.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Getting kicked by people! Lmao, especially in missions involving planes, like Landing Gear. I'm the only one that can fly and land in that mission most of the time. ._.

• fw3 and Pow3r3d0610 like this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but between spending $8000 on ammunition, $300 for a tee shirt, or being gunned down by bloodthirsty police, GTAVO has finally become absurd to me. Perhaps I need a break or maybe should just free roam in Passive like in the 70's show, Kung Fu. This grasshopper is finding too many things that don't add up and now that the money's gone, it's not so much fun anymore. It's likely just me, but I wonder if others are experiencing this. Thoughts?

I never spend more then $1000 in a day for ammo, maybe you should train your shoting a little bit more?

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

slot 1 for me. Just had to pay $24,000 to insure a vehicle that I bought on the website. Everything else I can life with. Wonder if this will get patched... Probably not because its a glitch that costs US money lol.

lucky2514
  • lucky2514

Cannibalistic asshole

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

Which one to choose, WHICH ONE!! *Blows up in a pile of censored gore* 

All of them but the police, gotta love psycho cops.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

The reality is that the "make believe" economy was exposed and many of us had a crazy good time with the billions we swam in. But those of us who started from day one learned that grinding for days and hours to make enough to just buy a paint job for your vehicle was, indeed, absurd. That's why those who distributed the billions did what they did - and I'm grateful for their efforts. Looking at it now, especially, they gave me the best experience in this game so far - the ability to relax after my real job, kick back, and have some fun. Now, the idea of robbing convenience stores for $1000 bucks or stealing $11 dollars from an NPC seems kinda old. Just saying.

• saintsrow, SchwartzJesuz, scubadave and 4 others like this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:16 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 25 January 2014 - 04:18 AM.

A lot of interesting choices in that poll... but for me it's why the devs make these weird choices to remove vehicles like the Rat Loader with all of it's customizations (stuff people like having!).. or instead of Franklin's Buffalo we get this el-cheapo Buffalo, really.. like that will unbalance the game somehow?  The weird decisions they make having me scratching my head.   They should be finding ways to introduce more variety and more mods & clothes instead of limiting the experience.

And removing police vehicles from garages...  that one I can't forgive them for.

• JRC99, T-Fleezee, fw3 and 1 other like this

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

I never spend more then $1000 in a day for ammo, maybe you should train your shoting a little bit more?

maybe you should train your brain to spell better...

• SchwartzJesuz and Blizzrd like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

It's not that... I play a lot of Survivals because I like the free-aim action, the fact it's just four people (or often I play solo), and the payout is $20,000 and 3200RP (I think). So, yeah, I could always be a better shot, but you kinda have to shoot a lot in Survivals, expending a lot of ammunition. 

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Another nigga complaining thread about how something you're bad.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Too many choices that I wanted to click.  :colgate:

A choice is also needed for tankers, snipers and generally the 50% of the GTA0 population that goes out of their way simply to ruin other players' fun, or farm their f*cking all-important D/K ratio. 

• fw3 and Yogogamer like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

cheap labor? imbalance of power?

impetuous artificial anticipation generation?

too many cooks up in the motherf*cking frying pan syndrome?

pretty much dude. 

A lot of interesting choices in that poll... but for me it's why the devs make these weird choices to remove vehicles like the Rat Loader with all of it's customizations (stuff people like having!).. or instead of Franklin's Buffalo we get this el-cheapo Buffalo, really.. like that will unbalance the game somehow?  The weird decisions they make having me scratching my head.   They should be finding ways to introduce more variety and more mods & clothes instead of limiting the experience.

And removing police vehicles from garages...  that one I can't forgive them for.

• saintsrow likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Another nigga complaining thread about how something you're bad.

You know, first off, your reply makes no sense because it's an incomplete sentence. Second, you're implying that I'm 'bad' at something, but I'm actually not. Lastly, your decision to use a word which most people find clearly offensive, reveals to an entire community that you're about as creative as a soft potato. Personally, the word doesn't affect me one way or another. I just feel sorry that you're not smart enough to think of anything else. ;)

• Guelah Papyrus, BurningChrome, Yogogamer and 4 others like this

SemperJ550
  • SemperJ550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

I can't vote,no multi-vote.

Where to begin...

LSPD and the ridiculous, psycho-killer AI.

Prices of everything online

The impound

"Slot 1"

"Thanks for your patience, Brian." annoying bastard

More like: "I'm winning! I'm winning!  RAM, CRASH.... BIG FAT DNF

Oh, it's that guy I just played Survival with... wait... no! Don't shoot! NO!!

I see, he's INSIDE the wall.

Thats about it.

• fw3 likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:27 AM Edited by MantisFang, 25 January 2014 - 04:32 AM.

The reality is that the "make believe" economy was exposed and many of us had a crazy good time with the billions we swam in. But those of us who started from day one learned that grinding for days and hours to make enough to just buy a paint job for your vehicle was, indeed, absurd. That's why those who distributed the billions did what they did - and I'm grateful for their efforts. Looking at it now, especially, they gave me the best experience in this game so far - the ability to relax after my real job, kick back, and have some fun. Now, the idea of robbing convenience stores for $1000 bucks or stealing $11 dollars from an NPC seems kinda old. Just saying.

If your best time was had with unlimited funds,

then it is really no wonder why you see everything as absurd.

It killed the game for you.

-END SCENE-

0_0.jpg

• scubadave likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users