Photo

Kingdome Come: Deliverance

98 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:22 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 13 May 2016 - 03:23 AM.

Been playing the beta the last couple days and i have to say it gets me interested in the full game once it comes out.

The beta is performance is as bad as it was in the tech alpha, and there are more bugs, and the controls take some getting used to, but it's under all that dirt and grime is a really really good game.

I hope they follow through on that stretchgoal and we get a dog in the final game. It's gonna be great!

Oh also I finally figured out how the combat works.It's fun once you get the hang of it. A bit clumsy, but very engaging. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

I hope they add the 3rd person option for this game.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

That's what they'll definitely NOT do :p

The intention was to create a first-person experience so. Mount & Blade will have third-person if you want to play something similar

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:02 AM

I hope not. Though from habit I used to find myself pressing keys from other games to switch to 3rd person view, I find the purely first person aspect adds a lot to the immersion. 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

KCD ( beta ) impressions; worth reading [ link ]

- . The whole game is designed so that you will be able to solve quests in different ways, be it through straight forward combat and intimidation, through a silver tongue and diplomacy, or through deception and stealth. Your decisions will influence the world as this isn't a game world where AI is magically spawned in as they're needed, but if you poison someone to progress one quest, it may very well cut off a potential solution to a future quest.

- You can block and parry incoming attacks, and this is key to success. You can then deliver strikes from five angles, and there are certain combinations that can be performed to break through the defence of your opponent. It's very much a duel system, and so when you face more than one enemy, even just two or three, you're really in trouble. Another interesting aspect is that you can feint a strike from a certain angle in order to open up your enemy to another strike when you cancel the first one.

- You will never have a situation that you'll slice through the army and bandits, and you will just kill them all with button mashing or something like this. It will always be combat that can kill you. The same way in the beginning of the game as in the end. The only thing that saves you is your personal skill, so the better you personally get, the better you will fight. The RPG system will support you, so you will get new moves, you will get faster, stuff like this, and this will help you. But a regular farmer who is fighting against you with a rusty sword can kill you in the beginning of the game and he can also kill you in the end of the game.

- "It's one of the things that keeps you immersed in the combat, because you know that one good strike is all it takes for you to win or for you to die," says Martin Ziegler, technical designer. "We try to be slightly less realistic than that, that's one of the compromises mentioned earlier. It's not fun to die from 100% health to death with one strike."

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

That's what they'll definitely NOT do :p

The intention was to create a first-person experience so. Mount & Blade will have third-person if you want to play something similar

I know they wont, but they are building the game in 3rd person. figure they could for the people like me who don't play FPS.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

It has been delayed into 2017. No specific month or quarter, just generally sometime next year.

At least they push updates and new content on a semi-regular basis to backers though
  • Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Happy to wait. They can take as much time for creating the highest quality, and top notch RPG experience..

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:44 AM Edited by Osho, 02 September 2016 - 11:30 AM.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has an exciting approach to stealth - here's how it works

There are different ways to be a sneak.
First we run through the more traditional approach to taking out enemies - sneaking up behind them in the tall grass and choking them out. Nothing particularly new about that, but there's a nicely animated struggle which really zooms in on the player-character's hairy fingers at one point.
But then there's social stealth: the idea that the clothes you wear, or the language you speak, might allow you to access otherwise restricted zones. We try that out by speaking the few words of Hungarian we know to a guard in front of an enemy camp. He lets us in, which allows us to run amok in there, setting fire to barrels of arrows so the enemy's left largely unequipped.
E:
Interview with Tobiasz Stolz-Zwilling with an interesting part, ".. we will share modding tools with the community. This will happen some time after the game's launch"

Gamescom 2016 short gameplay impressions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users