84 replies to this topic
hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Video update #3 (Horses)

Animation looks great for these horses! Nice to see that these horses will be intelligent too and not just "mindless drones".

ok. I see several problems. with the horses head down all they see is the ground right infront of them. if it was "realistic" the horse won't be able to see the tree or cliff to avoid it in time.

Again... this is a very early build. The horses are just placeholders. They are going to motion capture the horses later on. So, the horses are going to look amazing in the final game.

Never understood why people complain about a pre-alpha build of a game.

because that is all the information we have. if there going to release gameplay footage than one would assume that is the gameplay. it is not safe to assume they have the skill/time to make it look awesome. atm all your doing is believing their pr spin that they will make it look better.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Video update #3 (Horses)

Animation looks great for these horses! Nice to see that these horses will be intelligent too and not just "mindless drones".

ok. I see several problems. with the horses head down all they see is the ground right infront of them. if it was "realistic" the horse won't be able to see the tree or cliff to avoid it in time.

Again... this is a very early build. The horses are just placeholders. They are going to motion capture the horses later on. So, the horses are going to look amazing in the final game.

Never understood why people complain about a pre-alpha build of a game.

because that is all the information we have. if there going to release gameplay footage than one would assume that is the gameplay. it is not safe to assume they have the skill/time to make it look awesome. atm all your doing is believing their pr spin that they will make it look better.

Uh.. this game isn't coming out until Q4 2015. They have two years to improve the game. I'm pretty sure they have "time to make it look awesome".

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by iNero, 09 March 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Kickstarter is already over afaik and it was a success.

Project Update #17: Consoles and Stretch goals
Posted by Warhorse Studios ♥ Like

Coming to Consoles!

This is going to be a brief but very important update. We originally announced our game for PC and next gen console. While we never doubted our technical ability to do it, we were not sure about the actual publishing and distribution. In the last console generation, it just wasn’t possible to have a game on console without an official publisher.

In this generation it’s going to be different though. We had lot of discussion with both Microsoft and Sony in the past weeks and we are happy to announce that the game concept of Kingdom Come: Deliverance was approved by both Sony and Microsoft for the next gen platform (PS4 and Xbox One).

Both companies are very eager to work with independent developers now and were really helpful in speeding up the whole process. We were provided with devkits and will get cracking on the console version right away.

It also appears that we will be able to publish the game on consoles at least digitally ourselves, without publishers. We shall see about the physical/retail publishing, we may be able to do it ourselves, or we may make a deal with another company to do it, this remains to be seen.

What does it mean for you?

If you backed a tier with digital copy of the game, you can choose any platform you want, on any tier.
If you backed a tier with boxed copy and want a console version, we can send you the box and other goodies, depending on your tier. If at all possible, we will give you the disk with the game, otherwise you will get the digital version.

The Alpha version access is confirmed for Windows version only. We are working with other platform holders to see if it could be made available there, but we cannot promise anything yet.
The Beta access will be available on Windows, Linux and Mac at least; it may also be available on consoles but we cannot confirm it yet.

We will inform you about the availability of the game on different platforms as we get closer to these dates and you will be able to adjust your choice of platforms accordingly

There was already a Live Stream with gameplay and Q&A like 2 weeks ago.

Some Info:

- Plattforms: X1, PS4, PC

- NO Fantasy Stuff

- 3 Games (chapters?) planned

Since someone brought up this game in another thread and as there was no thread about it, I made one. :D

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

There's another topic already, but this opening post is a lot better, so I vote for this topic to stay open and close the other (http://gtaforums.com...+kingdom +come\).

I didn't back it, because the combat was dissapointing, the game was divided into three parts and nbecause it was only first-person mode.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

There's another topic already, but this opening post is a lot better, so I vote for this topic to stay open and close the other (http://gtaforums.com...+kingdom +come\).

I didn't back it, because the combat was dissapointing, the game was divided into three parts and nbecause it was only first-person mode.

Damnit. :(

I google searched it for the forum, but there only was a thread about a GTA3 mission. 

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:31 PM

From the first two minutes of the trailer (I don't have time to watch it all); I can only say a few things.

1- The graphics seem somewhat nice, no need to be better as it seems to do what it should.
2- The voice acting doesn't seem that good, it sounds rather odd, it doesn't sound like there was much effort put in to it. (Case in point 0:55)
3- The large scale battles seem like it would be rather fun to play in, the huge crowds seem like it would lag a bit, but that depends on the optimisation.
4- The combat system; I can't quite give an opinion, at various points in the video it looks more QTE than proper button mashing :p

But as I said this is just from watching the first two minutes of the Kickstarter Trailer so in the actual gameplay video and such all my points may be proven against.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

I now reported the thread for a title change. Hopefully it doesnt get locked. 

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

I merged them and pasted your excellent first post in, iNero.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

I merged them and pasted your excellent first post in, iNero.

Thanks.  :cookie:

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Bit ridiculous you're complaining about the game when they have two years to develop and flesh it out more.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 March 2014 - 02:19 PM.

Bit ridiculous you're complaining about the game when they have two years to develop and flesh it out more.

DURPAHURP DA HURPADURPIEDURPIE DARP DURP?

DURPAHEIDIRRIEHEIRNRIN!!

AOOOOPP!!!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Just reminded myself of this game and remembered how amazing it looked. Is that bump worthy?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

I think a bump should only be done unless there's some new information or something to actually justify the bump.

But I'm looking forward to this game too. Was going to Kickstart it, but couldn't. So now I'm gonna wait awhile. 

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

I think a bump should only be done unless there's some new information or something to actually justify the bump.

But I'm looking forward to this game too. Was going to Kickstart it, but couldn't. So now I'm gonna wait awhile. 

You can still contribute money to them and get some of the Kickstarter rewards. Just go to their main website...
http://pledge.kingdomcomerpg.com/

Next pledge goal is using the money to hire the best voice actors possible.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

Ah they finally have their store up! Great I'll definitely purchase a pledge when I get the chance :D

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

VIDEO UPDATES AND NEWS:

https://www.youtube....h?v=M6_02n5K9JQ

I just heard about this - and I am going to buy it. The developers behind it have worked with ARMA franchise. That tells a lot. Then you have Daniel Vavrá, the designer and storywriter of MAFIA.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

And the Early Alpha starts on the 22nd

Don't know what to expect, haven't backed or bought it yet for the reasons mentioned before, maybe the Alpha will change my mind.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

This game looks SWEEEET

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by Majestic81, 19 October 2014 - 04:26 PM.

It looks good visually, but it gotta have something new to compete with other games, like TES, Witcher, Dragon Age (although this one went to sh*t now). i guess their angle is that there is no fantasy stuff and its more of a realistic medieval times game. Part of what i liked about Mafia 2 is that it had solid and intense story/characters different than in any other game. if this is the same then it'll be awesome.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:25 AM

It looks good visually, but it gotta have something new to compete with other games, like TES, Witcher, Dragon Age (although this one went to sh*t now). i guess their angle is that there is no fantasy stuff and its more of a realistic medieval times game. Part of what i liked about Mafia 2 is that it had solid and intense story/characters different than in any other game. if this is the same then it'll be awesome.

That's the angle they're going for. No fantasy, but a complete authentic medieval experience.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 4 weeks ago.

I'm about to buy the $45 package for alpha and beta access.

I've been meaning to fund this game ever since the Kickstarter came up. Now that the alpha is technically out, I think I'll get into it and watch it develop in the same way as Star Citizen

Edit: Bought it and was genuinely surprised that I had to activate it through Steam. 

Edit 2: It's REALLY gorgeous. The performance hit on very high isn't that bad. My PC sounds like a commercial airliner though, and it does stutter a bit. I don't know the exact fps that I'm getting, but I think I'll stay oblivious to it and let my eyes be the judges.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah I have to say visually it looks good, animations and models themselves aren't in tip-top shape yet but that'll be fixed.

Can't complete the only quest in the alpha though, so that's pretty annoying.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why not?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Fireman, 4 weeks ago.

You need to get that gold to bet with for the bow and to get the whistle from the blacksmith (one of the required jobs) you have to talk to him. restarted the game several times, the blacksmith is always mute and stuck in the forge.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ah. That sucks. I knew about the whistle, but not the gold part of it. I haven't tried the quest myself though. When I bought it and downloaded it last night I just ran around and looked at the scenery.

On the forums some members posted a console command to get a broad sword and killed everyone in the village  :lol: But as you can guess it makes the game unstable and crashes it on occasion. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users