Photo

Vice City Nostalgia

119 replies to this topic
Sachs
  • Sachs

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

This was my first GTA... I remember playing it on my old Xbox, such a feeling I've never experienced again (well, San Andreas was fabulous in its way).

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

I recently bought VC for PS3 after not playing it for years. And when I fired it up and after the opening cutscene and seeing tommy stand there next to the car it just sent a rush of nostalgia through my body and brought me all the way back to the days where me and my friends would play GTA 3, VC, And SA from about 8 A.M to 12 P.M and then repeat process. Those were the days man.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

Big Mouthed Prick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

Simply put, only Rockstar could make a kid born in the mid 90's feel nostalgia from the 80's.
  • Sebizzar likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Started yesterday another playtrough,this game will never become old.

Our lord Steve Jobs
  • Our lord Steve Jobs

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

I only got the game on Android 2 months ago, but I remember completing all the missions (that's what I usually buy GTA for) and then did a stunt jump in a Faggio. Surprised how much speed that you can get by leaning forward. Then I remember taking a BLista Compact my friend stored in one of my garages and then selling it at Sunshine Autos to get revenge on him for using it. I put an enforcer in there but then I forgot and took it out. And then I loved to enter ghost town so I can easily find hidden packages. I think I found about 15 while in ghost town. Only 2 months, and memories are already created. biggrin.gif Worst memory was the beach ball minigame. IT WAS SO HARD and I only got about 3. Does it even count as a completion mark? angry.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (FacebookStalkerJustKidding @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 21:24)
Worst memory was the beach ball minigame. IT WAS SO HARD and I only got about 3. Does it even count as a completion mark? angry.gif

No. It's just there for fun. wink.gif

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

I was still a 10-12 year old kid at the time. I used to go to one place where you pay and play games for PS2. It was around 2002-2003... I mainly played games like Harry Potter, Spyro, Crash, Onimusha, Bloody Roar, etc. I never owned a PS2, so this was the only way for me.

Then I saw this new game with the big city, the beach and the cars. I played it just for fun (as well as GTA III). I sucked at it though. I made other people escape from the cops for me biggrin.gif I really liked Tommy's blue suit that I've seen, but I never obtained it, nor did I ever get to the other islands (never did missions). One day they just closed the place confused.gif

My father gave me the PC game for one of my b-day (a pirated version ph34r.gif ). I used to play it a lot back in the day, completed it a lot of times (using nub cheats and RPG's), until my PC got screwed (maybe 2005 or so)... In 2008 my new PC got screwed, so I borrowed my father's laptop. Then I completed San Andreas for the first time (without cheats or nub stuff). After that Vice City. I couldn't play GTA III for some reason, so instead I had an early version of GTA Liberty City mod. I just collected packages and explored the city, since GTA III didn't run. A little bit later GTA IV came out and I had a new computer. After completing it, I gave GTA III another shot. Turns out the problem had something to do with the Display options, since I couldn't play it on my new PC as well (Frame limiter I think) suicidal.gif

Anyway, ever since 2008 I've completed III, VC and SA 10+ times each (even more in SA's case)... GTA IV maybe twice. I really don't know how I still do that. These games are like drugs to me rampage_ani.gif

Vice City is my favorite GTA along with GTA III smile.gif
  • Sebizzar likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 24 January 2014 - 09:37 PM. Merged with 'Vice City Nostalgia'

Damn what an amazing game. I had a long running nostalgia with this game. As a child (About 6 to 7) I remember a guy (Ken rosenberg) telling to me to this dude in a boat. I first took a car, but crashed the sh*t out of it, and then took a bike and drove there. Good god, I just love Vice City.. its theme, just how it is, its map may be small, but its awesome. GTA VI, I hope its in Vice City. :D Just imagine..... That image of the palm tree on the beginning of the intro, with that 80's theme song with it. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:51 PM Edited by Hodgey., 26 January 2014 - 05:52 PM.

So many gaming memories for me from VC. Such happy times.

For me though the stand out moment was on a Sunday when I got back from being out with my mum and dad (I was about 12 or 13) and I started to play GTA VC and it went dark outside and started to pour down and at pretty much the excat same time the same thing happened in game. It just seemed to match up so well and I was just driving around in the rain while istening to the radio. :)

• Sebizzar likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

That douchebag ped that says stuff like "I'll make you a woman, girl." The Lance Vance Dance, baby. The office mission where you jump through the window on a motorbike. So much nostalgia.

• Sebizzar likes this

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by gn1992, 26 January 2014 - 11:26 PM.

This pic is filled with nostalgia

AnOldFriend-GTAVC2.jpeg

look at the size of that cellphone

lol

SarahPilko
  • SarahPilko

Designer

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

1. To make money without getting wanted, I'd go to the beach and kill people with baseball bat. Even though, I do get a wanted level but then I just wait until it disappears.

2. I used to make people run into the water when I scare them with my car by the lighthouse.

---

I was ten years old, good old times! :D

elflamingo2
  • elflamingo2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

I used to go down to the beach and listen to the radio and let it repeat over and over. I would just drive back and forth, hitting pedestrians going on the dirt bike path.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Nostalgia:

I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

I used to go down to the beach and listen to the radio and let it repeat over and over. I would just drive back and forth, hitting pedestrians going on the dirt bike path.

I used to drive up and down the beach too. I would try and see how many peds I could kill in one go. :^:

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

When I was 9 years old, I found a box. There was a PS2 in it as well as 15-20 games. Three of them were GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas. The first one I played was Vice City. When I turned it on, I thought it was amazing, driving around with the freedom to do whatever you want. It was simmer vacation, so all week I spent finishing that game. I still play it once in a while. I got a chainsaw and cut people up, or I went to the beach to the lighthouse and sniped people. Fun times.

• Sebizzar likes this

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hitting grannies with golf clubs at the links, oh those were the days.

• himynameisdamien and Blennerville like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Downloading this on PSN right now, will be playing it later, can't wait to be back in VC :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Downloading this on PSN right now, will be playing it later, can't wait to be back in VC :)

Good man. As long as you remember that it was made 12 years ago and expect it to feel alot different than GTA games do these days then you will have the time of your life :lol:

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Good man. As long as you remember that it was made 12 years ago and expect it to feel alot different than GTA games do these days then you will have the time of your life :lol:

I used to play VC all the time before SA was released - I probably haven't played it for a good couple of years now (properly that is, I may have booted it up a few times to do the odd mission) so it will be nice to actually sit down and play through it all again :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

I used to play VC all the time before SA was released - I probably haven't played it for a good couple of years now (properly that is, I may have booted it up a few times to do the odd mission) so it will be nice to actually sit down and play through it all again :)

Last time I fully played though it was shortly after GTA IV (played it for a couple of hours here and there recently) and was amazed at how quick it felt from the driving to running etc. I think I am getting the itch to play it again pretty soon myself.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Last time I fully played though it was shortly after GTA IV (played it for a couple of hours here and there recently) and was amazed at how quick it felt from the driving to running etc. I think I am getting the itch to play it again pretty soon myself.

I do remember Tommy running a little too fast :lol:

VC was probably my most played GTA back in the day (before I went back to III) so when I saw I had some left over money on my PSN account, I thought it would be a good idea to get it to relive the old days and have some good fun - I'd say it is definitely worth it.

• Hodgey. likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Ahh GTA: Vice City. Such an amazing game. I remember it being my favourite game. It's my first ever GTA, as well. I liked it so much that I referred to every GTA game after it "Vice City". :p

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Damn, Vice City rocked. Nothing beat running around to your assets, collecting your cash while Wave 103 blared from your TV speakers.

Good time, good times.

• Sebizzar likes this

jorgp2
  • jorgp2

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Vice city was my favorite game it did an amazing job of capturing the settings atmosphere after playing gta vc all the other games seem really bland.

When I first got gta cvs I drove around looking for landmarks from vc and I was pissed when I couldn't find them

osaka11
  • osaka11

Psycho and proud of it!

• Members
  • Cote-dIvoire

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by osaka11, 23 February 2014 - 08:54 PM.

My favorite moment in GTA is when i've buy the Malibu Bar in GTA VC! *-*

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

The first GTA I played, at my friends house. Just driving cars, wondering why cant I get more than 4 stars, killing people, and knowing that water was a deathtrap. Changed turns with every wasted and Busted, learning the cheats, and once, when I came over, he had cheated himself to the other island, and we were finally able to fly the helicopters...

After I bought the game myself, I completed the story, started loving the radio stations, and finally, 100% the game.

My brother doesn't want to play the game, and pretty much his only reason is that he doesn't like Tommy, although he had only freeroamed at that point. I wish I'd get him to at least play through the game. He doesn't know what he is missing.

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

LC IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

I find VC now I look back at it, a very interesting and unique game to play. No matter how old the game gets, (which doesn't matter anyway to me), it will always be a classic and most memorable for years to come. Last time i play VC was about a year to 2 years ago, and i really enjoyed driving around doing the missions, causing havoc around the city, and having a really goold old time whilst playing the game. 

Personally I think that the 80's soundtrack that R* chose back in 2001/02 for the game, is what makes Vice City, Vice City. As well as the characters, the story, the setting, the city itself, and the things to do in between and after completing the story, not that the story should be rushed through anyway, as that in my opinion not how a game should be played, as it needs the appreciation that it rightly deserves when taking all the game in by taking the time to play. 

First time of VC for me, was just causing havoc with a flamethrower or chainsaw, and driving around endlessly causing a mess around VC. 

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Ahh the memories. Best GTA ever, my first GTA it should be remembered till the end of gaming industry. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Oh man, how have I only found this thread now, I have so many.
-Those sun flares that simmered through the island during sunrise and sunset.
-Spending hours on end on that minigame where you bowled over the pedestrians outside the lighthouse.
-That theme song :inlove:
-Trying to get inside the country club at the start of the game.
-The game in general. So many memories...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users