Any quicker way to pick up guns you haven't unlocked yet besides S

7 replies to this topic
Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm level 46 so whenever I start an online session I always play a Survival first to pick up the guns I haven't unlocked yet (advanced rifle, minigun, RPG, etc). The only thing that sucks about this is Survivals take a long time to finish and the weapons I'm looking for usually don't start spawning until the last few waves.  Anyone know of any faster methods?

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

I'm level 46 so whenever I start an online session I always play a Survival first to pick up the guns I haven't unlocked yet (advanced rifle, minigun, RPG, etc). The only thing that sucks about this is Survivals take a long time to finish and the weapons I'm looking for usually don't start spawning until the last few waves.  Anyone know of any faster methods?

Ask a high level player to drop some weapons for you. 

Clear a gang attack and there are assault rifles in the wooden crate.  Also, some of the last few gang members sometimes are carrying things like the minigun.

Get a crate from a crate drop (assuming those still drop, lol).

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

have a friend drop them, but the same issues with the survival guns exists....it only lasts for that session. to keep the guns you have to level up.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

survivals only take what like 10-15 minutes? And you get 20k even though you do have to conserve ammo to make a decent profit. But whenever I drop weapons for a friend I have to either buy it back or do a survival myself to get it back so all in all just level up.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 24 January 2014 - 09:19 PM.

I used to get my Carbine Rifle from the Merryweather personnel over by the docks...give me a second and see if I can find a map pic.

9e4a.png

At the docks in southern los Santos ( its called elysian island on map) there is a huge warehouse. Inside it are Merryweather security and they are spaced very far apart from each other. They won't attack you on site or anything like that. I just walk behind them go into stealth. They drop carbine rifles. I went at night and there were about 5 of them and they were very far apart, meaning you can pretty much stealth kill and not alert the others. On the map it is the little piece of land jutting out right beside the piece that has the team death match spot. It is very skinny and has 3 docks sticking outfrom it.

Credit: some dude on the internet

Soulrise
  • Soulrise

Original Guerrilla

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Clear a gang attack and there are assault rifles in the wooden crate.  Also, some of the last few gang members sometimes are carrying things like the minigun.

I totally forgot about gang attacks.  :panic: I did about 20 when I first unlocked them but haven't done any recently. Thanks for the reminder. 

have a friend drop them, but the same issues with the survival guns exists....it only lasts for that session. to keep the guns you have to level up.

I don't mind that they don't last, I haven't ranked up high enough yet to earn the right to keep permanently. Just wish there were faster ways to get them before I have a high enough rank to buy myself.

survivals only take what like 10-15 minutes? And you get 20k even though you do have to conserve ammo to make a decent profit. But whenever I drop weapons for a friend I have to either buy it back or do a survival myself to get it back so all in all just level up.

Yeah, that's why I don't have friends drop me weapons unless they've got so much cash they don't care about re-buying. Leveling up is of course the ultimate goal but since I'm not there yet I wondered what other people in similar situations do.

I used to get my Carbine Rifle from the Merryweather personnel over by the docks...give me a second and see if I can find a map pic.

9e4a.png

At the docks in southern los Santos ( its called elysian island on map) there is a huge warehouse. Inside it are Merryweather security and they are spaced very far apart from each other. They won't attack you on site or anything like that. I just walk behind them go into stealth. They drop carbine rifles. I went at night and there were about 5 of them and they were very far apart, meaning you can pretty much stealth kill and not alert the others. On the map it is the little piece of land jutting out right beside the piece that has the team death match spot. It is very skinny and has 3 docks sticking outfrom it.

That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing. I've already unlocked the Carbine (I mainly look for the Advanced Rifle, Minigun, and RPG) but I'm probably gonna visit there soon just to mess with Merryweather  :devil:

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I totally forgot about gang attacks.  :panic: I did about 20 when I first unlocked them but haven't done any recently. Thanks for the reminder. 

I don't mind that they don't last, I haven't ranked up high enough yet to earn the right to keep permanently. Just wish there were faster ways to get them before I have a high enough rank to buy myself.

Yeah, that's why I don't have friends drop me weapons unless they've got so much cash they don't care about re-buying. Leveling up is of course the ultimate goal but since I'm not there yet I wondered what other people in similar situations do.

I used to get my Carbine Rifle from the Merryweather personnel over by the docks...give me a second and see if I can find a map pic.9e4a.png

That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing. I've already unlocked the Carbine (I mainly look for the Advanced Rifle, Minigun, and RPG) but I'm probably gonna visit there soon just to mess with Merryweather  :devil:
Dat Advanced Rifle. Too bad I feel like I'm cheating on my carbine when I use it :(
  • BurningChrome likes this

BurningChrome
  • BurningChrome

RAMPAGE KING!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by BurningChrome, 24 January 2014 - 10:39 PM.

9e4a.png

Also on a side note, at the western end of that building there is a room that has speedball court in it, if anyone plays paintball, you will recognize it immediately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users