Photo

Low level leecher's in missions.

35 replies to this topic
Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Getting kind of sick of it to be quite honest. 

Basically low level players that go AFK during the whole mission. They just move around the spawn point but dont go for the mission. 

All week ive been dealing with this assholes that just sit and get free money and RP. Its annoying as f*ck. If im the host , i should be able to kick without voting . Just a swift kick in the ass.

• LeAristocrat and blackwolfred like this

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

For a moment I thought you'd be raging about low levels in missions in General, until I read your whole post.

Yeah, they're dicks. There is a vote to kick feature in the game y'know.

• TreFacTor and CapoV91 like this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 24 January 2014 - 08:51 PM.

There aren't that many missions that can't be soloed...why even invite anyone. 

Other than the ones that require more than two players to start, and I simply don't do those unless I'm with my crew.

• Judas0ne likes this

TheJackalSega
  • TheJackalSega

Levelled Up

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by TheJackalSega, 24 January 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Better that than having some idiot join a mission and treat it like free-roam; basically going off on their own, and getting killed elsewhere. IMO, they're the worst.

• stjimmy3, UchihaRingo, SaturdayNight and 1 other like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Totally annoying.

I accidently did this the other night on a very hard mission and I felt horrible about it. 

My controller ran out of batteries and I couldn't find the charging USB. 

I got $20K and good RP for doing nothing but looking for the stupid cable. I understand why some people would do it, I just find it rude and jackassey...sure hope I didn't come off that way, even though I probably did :(

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

For a moment I thought you'd be raging about low levels in missions in General, until I read your whole post.

yea but u need more then 1 vote

its more of a hate towards the ones that do it constantly on purpose. Ive received a few messages afterwards saying "thanks for the money" sh*t like that.

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

its more of a hate towards the ones that do it constantly on purpose. Ive received a few messages afterwards saying "thanks for the money" sh*t like that.

There needs to be a way to deal with them. Try to get the whole lobby on board to kick the bastard.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Totally annoying.
I accidently did this the other night on a very hard mission and I felt horrible about it. 
My controller ran out of batteries and I couldn't find the charging USB. 

I got $20K and good RP for doing nothing but looking for the stupid cable. I understand why some people would do it, I just find it rude and jackassey...sure hope I didn't come off that way, even though I probably did :(

HOW COULD U DO THAT!

Only one logical way to fix it!

Build a time machine, travel back in time and get some batteries. Then complete the mission. Your life has lost full sync atm
  • Black Rabbit likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

You only need the host's vote.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

I can understand why it would annoy, especially when the player sends a note after the fact, to me however, I'm just glad someone joined the mission at all.

• TreFacTor likes this

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Meh, I'd rather have some guy do nothing and not waste lives than just go in guns blazing and getting killed off the bat.

But yeah, they should make it easier to get rid of them for the people that get annoyed.

• saintsrow likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I prefer soloing missions and ive been thankful for jackasses joining missions like Sinking feeling and land sea and air then idling or leaving so i can actually do these missions. Im a lone wolf at heart. If they stay but dont contribute then they will be kicked before completion anyway.hosts vote = gone. 

mfoster09
  • mfoster09

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

Had a low rank crew member join a survival today. Round 1-8 he ran out and got killed immediately. When I mentioned taking his ass up for review with crew leader, he left the game. Little did he know, I'm 2nd highest crew rank at 178 I think? So he will be on his way out anyway. Which will open up a spot. If u are Irish, or like me, have Irish heritage, we have an opening! 299 strong

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Better that than having some idiot join a mission and treat it like free-roam; basically going off on their own, and getting killed elsewhere. IMO, they're the worst.

They exist? thats another level of stupid. I solo missions if my friend isn't on, or I just join missions. If they're stupid people then I still finish it. The other day I joined a landing gear missions with a full room, everyone was between level 60 and 100 excluding myself. But everyone was awesome on that mission. We all waited to roll together and even though one of us died we had great team synergy for a complete room of strangers. Those are awesome and fun missions.

• TheJackalSega likes this

TheJackalSega
  • TheJackalSega

Levelled Up

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yep, they exist unfortunately.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

I love Survivals, but resent low level players camping, letting other players do all the work. OR they get killed within seconds of starting. Often, they respawn and grab the Armor from the active players.

The game even sends a message, "<player> has not participated in the last two waves. You can choose to kick them in the Pause menu." I have no idea how to do that, though.

So, I'll simply give up and intentionally fail the Survival. I just refuse to give money & RP to a players who leech.

Just saying is all. ;)

• TheJackalSega likes this

TheJackalSega
  • TheJackalSega

Levelled Up

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

The game even sends a message, "<player> has not participated in the last two waves. You can choose to kick them in the Pause menu." I have no idea how to do that, though.

Pause>Online>Players>Select player>Kick.

• fw3 likes this

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Leeching isn't the sole reserve of low level players.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I haven't came across this yet because 90% of the time I'm doing solo missions. wouldn't mind it too much if the person didn't get killed, or affect how much cash/RP I got at the end. it would be nice to do some 2 player missions without having to worry about my teammate errors, tho.

Nakura
  • Nakura

An optimist in a cynic's clothing

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Just finished Coveted, with 3 of my teammates who were low levels just standing on the hill, being AFK. I had to take care of the cargobob pickup and the kill enemies down the kill without losing the team lives. At least some sniper support would be nice.  :/

• UchihaRingo likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Had a low rank crew member join a survival today. Round 1-8 he ran out and got killed immediately. When I mentioned taking his ass up for review with crew leader, he left the game. Little did he know, I'm 2nd highest crew rank at 178 I think? So he will be on his way out anyway. Which will open up a spot. If u are Irish, or like me, have Irish heritage, we have an opening! 299 strong

Would it not be better to educate him rather than drop him?

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I usually run then over so they die. Once they are forced to spectate they usually just leave. Then you have to go and man mode it with one life :cool:

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

If players don't even venture into the general area(s) that the mission takes place in, then they shouldn't get payed anything.

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

When I'm hosting missions with randoms I'm pretty harsh when it comes to who I'll team with. Anyone below 20 will find themselves kicked unless it's a very simple mission and I'm feeling kind, and that's borderline. Most of the time I'm lucky with the players I team with.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 24 January 2014 - 09:59 PM.

Had a level 20 kid do that last night with me and a friend, sounded about 10-13. He was around for the first 3 waves on Boneyard helping out, then goes and camps between the trailer and wall and "goes away" without saying anything. There's still mic noise, but no actual talking, so we figure something came up and he had to leave for whatever reason. We're doing the best we can with just the two of us, but unfortunately die on wave 8. Literally as soon as we fail we hear him say "What the f*ck guys, really?!" Turns out he never went away, was watching us the whole time and was apparently disappointed in our performance. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by Zodape, 24 January 2014 - 10:08 PM.

I'm more annoyed by people who kick me for being a low level. Once I unlock an SMG, I am capable of performing as well as a high level would (being a free aimer). But no, they ignore the fact that I could be a high rank leveling up my second character. It's quite painful until you reach about level 30.

But I understand that low level could mean that they would risk the team's spare lives, but then again, missions ain't that hard at all.

• reform and LeAristocrat like this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Yeah I have no prob doing missions with lower levels. As long as they're trying to contribute and not leeching then it really doesn't matter, as the worst that can happen is I have to do a mission solo. If nobody gives newer players a chance then they aren't ever going to get good.

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

I like to kick them right before you finish the job. So you make them wait the whole time and then they get nothing :evilgrin:

scorpia4
  • scorpia4

"Lard boy"

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by scorpia4, 25 January 2014 - 02:08 AM.

I like to kick them right before the end of the mission
>:)

I'm sarry corrupted I accidentally copied you :s

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

I run them over now so we don't get stuck in AFK limbo if we die.

I ain't get no bad sport because the leecher is too busy daydreaming of cash and RP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users