Photo

f*cking World Records

18 replies to this topic
Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

How am I meant to get the trophy when all the records are done impossibly quick??

Does a created race world record count for the award?

(null)

JoseGrapinino
  • JoseGrapinino

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Not sure how I got one, but I did. I remember thinking to myself "nobody has done this well at this yet?"  It was fairly early on though compared to now.

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by Ch4071C, 24 January 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Not sure how I got one, but I did. I remember thinking to myself "nobody has done this well at this yet?"  It was fairly early on though compared to now.

I got one through Criminal Records. It's a bug but may still work

Wiredmike420
  • Wiredmike420

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

I got one through Criminal Records. It's a bug but may still work

I hit my world record in November on Criminal Records. It actually happened as a fluke. We had 6 members racing and the game kicked all 5 but me after several races in, I ended up racing that lap myself, got a Turbo Start, and pulled a wicked lap. After that for several weeks I saw the World Record at 0.00.03, then they fixed it in December.

I haven't checked to see what it is now.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

try doing odd amounts of laps ... like 17 laps on a short race

its a numbers game and getting the fastest time on an odd number of laps can get you world record achievement as how many people opt to do 17 or 23 laps ??

also try it on gta races and only choose to hit the boosts, you might need a firend to help you by not shooting you.. but as gta races tend to have longer times (because peeps get blown up) finishing a lap wihtout dying can net you a WR...

either that or youll need to wait for new Rockstar content to be released .. i got about 17 world records on the beachbum races on the first day they were released... cos noone had played them yet/the leader boards werent updated yet....

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 24 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Haha... same thing happened to me.

it was one of the new races added in with the beach bum DLC

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

So the record trophy isn't just for the fastet lap but fastest race? I don't fancy doing 17 laps lol

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

Grand Theft Otto

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:16 PM Edited by Captain Revenge, 24 January 2014 - 10:17 PM.

Try racing alone with u as host, and shut off the traffic and run it in Super class with the stock or custom Adder, when the online 1st came out in October I had quite a few World Records. However i have noticed that u can't set the World Record in a race created by you.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by Rezard, 24 January 2014 - 11:12 PM.

So, a friend could make a race just for you to get the world record on it then...?

Is it just me, or are some off the records on top still seeming a bit sketchy?  Like, "Don't do it too much, or they'll be able to tell." kind of thing.  I can't believe a Khamelion could beat every kind of motorcycles on "Dipping In" by such a large gap...

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

I dont believe even one of the "records". The air ones are especially laughable. Laps that take a min. of 40+ sec, done in 7!! LMAO! 

davec69
  • davec69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

What i want to know is how someone finished Jump..Jumps....Jump... in 37 second to get the #1 online record.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

On my other (now dead) account I got this the very first day Online opened up, the In The Grove race.

Now?

Damn near impossible with WORLD RECORD times that aren't even 1/4 of what it takes to run one single lap.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

What i want to know is how someone finished Jump..Jumps....Jump... in 37 second to get the #1 online record.

They didn't. Much like 99.9% of the rest of the world records, it's obviously not legit.

Mrwhiteglasses
  • Mrwhiteglasses

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:42 AM Edited by Mrwhiteglasses, 25 January 2014 - 11:43 AM.

Well thinking about -Laguna Seca Remake- world record. Fastest lap time is 1.00.8xxx on Bati. Managed 1.02.xxx with Akuma, there was maybe 0.5-0.8 juice to squeeze yet but will try Bati and see how I can dial into it.

BTW Entity is not always fastest, Elegy can set ridiculous lap times. It took me very fine tuning in Entity to match times of Elegy in some technicall races.

So not all WR are fake, some are real people.

Didn't know you could set lap record times with GTA style for extra boosts!?

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Probably lag switch.
I didn't know about the odd lap thing to win records that's good info
My son won a WR with my other girl character. She's got the ink to prove it!
It was a P to P race. It was the motorcycle race through the train tunnels and sewers. It was a long ass race and he nailed it without stuffing it once!
I was like HOLY SH!T!!

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:09 PM Edited by StewNorth, 25 January 2014 - 02:10 PM.

I remember beating the world record on CR back in October. Was proper happy....then by the end of the RP grind session, somebody beat me record. Made me a sad panda :(

Nowadays with the iso modders that have super speed/low gravity with their cars, it's not even worth trying. Some long races with 5,6 minutes of solid racing have world records of 29,30secs so what's even the point, lol ?

TezST
  • TezST

LemonNloaf

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

This is doing my head in too. Trying to get all th awards and this one is pissing me off. All the times are glitched. Iv tried making my own and doin it that way no luck. Also tried doing a race on a certain number of laps that no one has ever done and it says I'm number one on the rockstar social club but still no award. Iv sent a ticket to rockstar

Charmlessrogue
  • Charmlessrogue

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

I had the same problem with trying to get a record until yesterday. Luckily I seem to have stumbled upon a R* verified race. It must have been a new one as I let my gf race. it was a terrible lap but she got me my record :)

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

I know I have a couple records . I am even first on the leaderboard in SC and still no award ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users