» «
Photo

Razer Game Booster Save Game Manager Closed Beta: Download + feedback

13 replies to this topic
RAZERVozoff
  • RAZERVozoff

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by RAZERVozoff, 27 January 2014 - 09:02 AM.

Hi everyone,

I'm Razer Vozoff, the product evangelist for Razer's Game Booster software, inviting you all to participate in the closed beta we're running for the new Save Game Manager coming up on Game Booster.

What's Save Game Manager?
In a nutshell, Save Game Manager automatically backs up your saved game data to your favorite cloud storage service.

Save Game Manager supports over 2,400 games, but most importantly, it supports all PC GTA titles.

Other supported titles include:

• Far Cry series
  • Elder Scrolls series
  • Civilization series
  • Sims
  • Dark Souls
  • Dishonored
  • Bioshock series

We'll be updating our database of supported games as new titles are released and through user feedback of other titles that might be missing from the list.

This is for the modders out there: one feature worth pointing out is that you are able to add multiple save game locations per game, which means, you can back up your mod files to Dropbox along with the rest of your saved game data.

During the beta we'll only be supporting Dropbox but will include other services in the full release.

How do I sign up for the closed Beta?
No signing up needed!  Just click on the link below to download the .exe file. Feel free to share it with anyone!
http://rzr.to/VoJKC

If you already have Game Booster installed, uninstall it first, then open up the .exe file you got from the download link.

I recommend using the Save Game Manager with care at first as this is a Beta version and we're hammering out the kinks.

Where do I give feedback on the beta?
Please leave your feedback on Save Game Manager in this post. I'll be popping in regularly to read it and pass it along our development team and to answer your questions.
What we're looking for in terms of feedback on Save Game Manager:

• Games that didn't sync at all or didn't sync correctly
  • Games that aren't automatically detected
  • What do you love/hate about the feature?
  • Issues you encountered
  • Anything that doesn't make sense or is confusing
  • Ideas to improve Save Game Manager

Any issues you run into, please try to include a step by step explanation of your actions until the issue happened to allow the developers to quickly work on a fix.
Alternatively you can also submit feedback through Game Booster itself by clicking on the cog wheel on the upper right hand side and then "About", "Submit Feedback".

For more on Game Booster, head over to www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

Edit 27/Jan/2014: The .exe has been updated to include a localized version of Game Booster. Languages now available are: 

• Chinese
  • French
  • German
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Russian
  • Spanish

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Sorry for being an ignorant c*nt, but I can't help but ask myself, is this legit? What games does this include so far? And, how does this work? Do you have pre-defined paths where you search for save games, and then upload those to your server?

• RAZERVozoff likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • Scotland
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Sorry for being an ignorant c*nt, but I can't help but ask myself, is this legit? What games does this include so far? And, how does this work? Do you have pre-defined paths where you search for save games, and then upload those to your server?

It's legit.

• GTAKid667 likes this

RAZERVozoff
  • RAZERVozoff

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hi, I know that a first glance it would be a bit strange for Razer to reach out through forums, but it's actually how we work to make sure the products we put out are the products gamers need.

You're close on your guess though. Save Game Manager searches for games on your computer using Game Booster's Game Scanner, it then cross-references the detected titles with our database of supported games that tells the system where to find the save game data for each game.

When you link Save Game Manager to Dropbox, a folder is created in your Dropbox where your save game data is backed up to. We don't store the save game data on our servers so that you have complete ownership and control over what happens to your backed up files.

I hope that answers your question and that you enjoy our software.

• Otter likes this

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

I just gave the Save Game Manager a try, and as a concept it looks really nice, and I can't complain much about it in practice too! There are few issues though.

Certain games, for example Worms Reloaded which I have bought from Steam, instead of finding save games, Manager tries to copy whole installation. It also seems to happen on other games I own, Tomb Raider II and Hitman Codename 47. All said games I've bought from Steam. I'd be happy to help you out trace the reason for such behaviour.

Also, since it's possible to import save games into Dropbox, would the opposite be possible to be implemented? What I am meaning, is that the save game location is stored with save game backups, and you can then sync save games from Dropbox back to save game location. It would help a lot when switching PC's and when you want to keep the same save games you had on your another one.

• RAZERVozoff likes this

RAZERVozoff
  • RAZERVozoff

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

I just gave the Save Game Manager a try, and as a concept it looks really nice, and I can't complain much about it in practice too! There are few issues though.

Certain games, for example Worms Reloaded which I have bought from Steam, instead of finding save games, Manager tries to copy whole installation. It also seems to happen on other games I own, Tomb Raider II and Hitman Codename 47. All said games I've bought from Steam. I'd be happy to help you out trace the reason for such behaviour.

Also, since it's possible to import save games into Dropbox, would the opposite be possible to be implemented? What I am meaning, is that the save game location is stored with save game backups, and you can then sync save games from Dropbox back to save game location. It would help a lot when switching PC's and when you want to keep the same save games you had on your another one.

Hi again, and thanks for the feedback!

This is great help, I've already passed the issue on to the development team. Please update if you see this happening on other games.

Regarding your second point, the Save Game Manager does in fact pull your save game data from the cloud to make sure that the version on your computer matches the one stored in your Dropbox folder, which means using the feature on another computer will let you access the same save game data. However, I recommend being careful when trying this out at the current stage of Development.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

forgive me for not seeing it, but what exactly is the appeal of this service?

let's say that I've been simply dragging and dropping my save game files onto a thumb stick or external HD, and that I've been backing up my saved games using this method for years without any failure or setback. what features of the Razer service are going to lure me away from the ole' reliable manual drag n' drop?

• RAZERVozoff likes this

RAZERVozoff
  • RAZERVozoff

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

forgive me for not seeing it, but what exactly is the appeal of this service?

let's say that I've been simply dragging and dropping my save game files onto a thumb stick or external HD, and that I've been backing up my saved games using this method for years without any failure or setback. what features of the Razer service are going to lure me away from the ole' reliable manual drag n' drop?

I'm happy to answer you El_Diablo!

While backing up your save game files onto external drives is reliable, it requires you to have to actually carry that hardware, plug it in, find the save game files, drag them onto the storage device, rinse and repeat for every game you play, every time you play.

Save Game Manager does this task for you with the difference of backing up your save game files onto a cloud storage service instead of a physical drive. Not only that, you don't even have to remember to back up your save files, Save Game Manager backs them up each time you quit your game.

If anything happens to the files on your PC, the back up in the cloud is there to help you out.

In another situation, if your concern is to be able to take your save game files from one PC to another, the cloud storage service also takes care of that as your files are accessible from any PC with an internet connection.

On top of everything, these features are all included in Game Booster which, like any Razer software package, is and will continue to be free of charge.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

@El_Diablo

For me, the new feature added in Game Booster benefits me, both because I use it due to poor laptop performance to get that FPS boost so installing and using it is quite simple. I also tend to share my savegames with friends to help showing certain missions or just for bragging rights. It also helps when formatting your PC since it automatically updates the savegame in the cloud with new one.

How I see it, Save Game Manager isn't too useful for you if you know how to do it yourself, and bother so it. Same goes for Game Booster, you can close all the processes by yourself and so on, but it's a lot faster and easier to do it yourself. Personal preference. :p
  • RAZERVozoff likes this

Fantomax
  • Fantomax

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Assassing's creed? COD?

• RAZERVozoff likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Despair Disco

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

It seems like admins allow advertisments of gaming products in this forum without any warnings. Hm, that's cool.

Anyways, I have been a fan of Game Booster as it somewhat enhances my gaming experience a bit more. I would love to give you guys some feedbacks from my favorite forum. As for the supports to the game series, please make one for Assassin's Creed Series as well. I know that Uplay already has a cloud server but it would be nice to have another one just for the sake of security. It's not just only for Ubisoft games but other games too.

Also, do release a new Game Booster version too. ;)

• RAZERVozoff likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by lol232, 28 January 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Is it possible increase CPU usage in some games using the game booster?
GTA IV has only 25% CPU usage when I max out the settings and it runs at 60 FPS;

I'd like to force it to use 40% of the CPU to gain more FPS so I don't notice it a lot when the game suddenly slows down.
  • RAZERVozoff likes this

RAZERVozoff
  • RAZERVozoff

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Assassing's creed? COD?

Assassin's Creed, check!

Call of Duty, check!

At this moment our database supports these titles within each of those series:

• Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Call of Duty
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty: United Offensive
  • Call of Duty: World at War

We're working to include more titles in these series to keep our database up to date.

Just to be clear, if a game isn't in the supported games database, you can still back up the saved game data. The difference is that you have to locate the save game files for Save Game Manager to know where to get them from.

It seems like admins allow advertisments of gaming products in this forum without any warnings. Hm, that's cool.

Anyways, I have been a fan of Game Booster as it somewhat enhances my gaming experience a bit more. I would love to give you guys some feedbacks from my favorite forum. As for the supports to the game series, please make one for Assassin's Creed Series as well. I know that Uplay already has a cloud server but it would be nice to have another one just for the sake of security. It's not just only for Ubisoft games but other games too.

Also, do release a new Game Booster version too. ;)

I'm happy to learn that you're enjoying Game Booster. We're looking forward to your feedback to help improve Save Game Manager. As I mentioned above, Assassin's Creed is covered, except Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed Black Flag, which I'll be pushing the development team to include.

With the development of Save Game Manager, the team has been working on fixing a few issues, so a new version of Game Booster is on its way to all users.

Is it possible increase CPU usage in some games using the game booster?
GTA IV has only 25% CPU usage when I max out the settings and it runs at 60 FPS;

I'd like to force it to use 40% of the CPU to gain more FPS so I don't notice it a lot when the game suddenly slows down.

Game Booster doesn't control CPU usage. What it does is to temporarily stop unnecessary processes to free up CPU capacity to be used by the game you're running, that extra processing capacity is what improves your frames per second.

• lol232 likes this

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

Seems pretty cool. Testing it out now :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users