I dont get why GTA4 gets criticized for being too "dark"

64 replies to this topic
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

the only thing I dislike about the light and etc is the bloom. it may make sense in the morning. because of the sun. but, how can we have bloom in the NIGHT? (if my memory helps anyways)

In saying that I agree it could've used with some more kinds. Planes is a tough one to me. I wouldn't have minded some seaplanes or a small plane like the dodo, but no passenger planes like a Boeing 747 or a fighter jet.

The map isn't designed to accommodate such air transportation IMO.

next time someone complains why we only have copters in IV, I'll use this post.

:^:

(also, IV's map is way too small to have fast planes. heck. when I take off in my Annihilator, I find myself already reached the place I want :p)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

I don't get it too. GTA4 is the best GTA ever, for me the best game I ever played, just because of it's dark setting. The older GTA's don't feel so dark, the only ones who could join the 2nd and 3rd place would be GTA3 and GTA2...

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

GTA IV is the best game I have ever played, I was never expecting GTA V to beat it especially since I found out it was too have 3 protags.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 22 February 2014 - 05:27 PM.

I think they complain about it being too dark because they haven't played GTA 3 before and they probably just played Vice City and San Andreas which weren't as "dark".

I think the game's dark atmosphere is perfect for the NYC setting and it mirrors that of GTA3 so I loved that about IV, even though it was too slow and boring to play for me (and the fact that I have to use the lowest graphic settings on my computer doesn't help).

(...)

(...)
The map isn't designed to accommodate such air transportation IMO.

next time someone complains why we only have copters in IV, I'll use this post.

:^:

(...)

Yeah, that's right! Or you could quote Jerry Seinfeld from that episode where the guy wants to give him a van:
I don't need a van because, you know, I live in New York City...

Who needs to fly an airplane in NYC? Do they want  to play terrorist or something?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

I agree completely, Liberty City's Dark and Gritty atmosphere is what makes the game feel like a real criminal world, as it is meant to be, and with Niko's story and background, I think that the dark atmosphere is perfect in making this game great.

• Miamivicecity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users