Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you appreciate the game more as time goes by ?

148 replies to this topic
GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:16 AM Edited by GTA564, 24 January 2014 - 09:18 AM.

This feeling probably all know, it starts when we play the game for the first time and we have all kinds of problems with things we did not expect that
they disappoint us, some people get used to those things after a few days weeks or months, and after that they turn to see the good side and the beauty of the game
but other than that there is also the subject of attention to the small details of the game, I mean after all the excitement and after you have done everything you can do in the game, you start to see the game as a work of art - Rockstar's attempt to create a virtual world that feels real.

I started playing the game again after a break of a month, before that I played the game for two months not every day but i played quite a lot
and now when I play again I just feel the same feeling I had playing in GTA IV after an even longer period of break of four months
which is much more fun because now I am much more free to see the beauty of the game world and pay attention to the small details
of the game, and marvel at how Rockstar has managed to create a world that feels alive and real.

so if you started playing the game in September, did you also start to appreciate it more now that you are returning from a long break without you played it?

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Nah, ive got to the level that i dont even like this game anymore.

R* f*cked up bad with GTA Online.
  • theGTAking101 and iiGh0STt like this

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

Bazinga!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

The more I play this game, the more I love it. It takes time to truly appreciate the finer details of the game.
  • Officer Ronson, fac316 and SuburbansWorst like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

I'm at that stage now where it's grown on me as much as it can. It's a fun game, but I can't see 5 years from now roping me in like GTA IV. Much less still impressing me.
  • saintsrow, lazy., IGhostUlt and 1 other like this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I enjoyed it from day 1.  I still enjoy GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV.  So V is no difference to me.  The people complaining and under-appreciative of this game are the cry babies who play online.  GTA since the beginning was always intended to be Single Player, so I've been sticking to this since GTA III and still love these games for Single Player.  There was only one flaw in SP in the beginning with cars disappearing in the garages, now this does not happen.  If it does happen, your game is broken or something.  I also never fell victim to losing a vehicle.  And if anyone obsesses over the Space Docker or Asea and lost them, or any other vehicle for that matter, can get them all back with a save editor.  So any flaws from Single Player that Rockstar may have implemented can all be fixed with an editor, so I am not complaing at all, I love GTA V and all the past games, as well.

• Costar, DeafMetal, SuburbansWorst and 2 others like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

I enjoyed it from day 1.  I still enjoy GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV.  So V is no difference to me.  The people complaining and under-appreciative of this game are the cry babies who play online.  GTA since the beginning was always intended to be Single Player, so I've been sticking to this since GTA III and still love these games for Single Player.  There was only one flaw in SP in the beginning with cars disappearing in the garages, now this does not happen.  If it does happen, your game is broken or something.  I also never fell victim to losing a vehicle.  And if anyone obsesses over the Space Docker or Asea and lost them, or any other vehicle for that matter, can get them all back with a save editor.  So any flaws from Single Player that Rockstar may have implemented can all be fixed with an editor, so I am not complaing at all, I love GTA V and all the past games, as well.

Wow Great Words bro.I totally agree with every words you said,i think the Garage Glitch was patch 5 updates ago cus i have alot of cars in M,F,T garages and not once have they disapper.look at it this way,GTA 5 sold 30.5ml copies,it only a small percentage of 30ml people that are hating or whining.once again Great Comment bro :)
  • Costar, Bonnano and Militia like this

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Says it all that months after first loading the game - and playing regularly - I'm still noticing new things. 

I also find it hard to get bored with the game when you have beautiful sunsets and miles of gorgeous scenery to enjoy.

Future SP DLC on the horizon too - could keep me happily playing this game for the rest of the year

• Militia likes this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'm on my second play through, and im taking it real, real slow, like a mission a day. The first play through I rushed through it just to see everything it offers. Now I know pretty much everything I just walk around with the characters taking all the details of the map and the peds.
  • Militia likes this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

the games pisses me of everyday I play it.

the online is what really ruins it for me...

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

It's quite the opposite actually.

Exploration, driving, the tough cops and npc reactions keep you interested. But, the story sucks and two, the missions are boring.
ONLINE has the max replay value of the missions, jobs, and the content creator.
In fact, ONLINE has turned out to be better than my initial hate towards it.
I'm in need of the PC version and ONLINE updates, till then just exploring the map gazing it's beauty, nothing else.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 24 January 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Here's my process for playing every GTA since San Andreas: for the first few hours, it'll feel weird and not like the older GTAs. Then I get used to the mechanics and controls. Then I start really enjoying it. I beat it, put in 100-ish hours. I stop playing it for a while. Then in a few months I go back in and play the living sh*t out of it. I appreciate it more.

I don't know why but after Vice City, that's how it's been for me.

• GTA564, stobe187, Militia and 1 other like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Same here, but after GTA IIII ^^^

I always go back after a few weeks/months to those games and always enjoy the sh*t out of them.  Great replay value!  After 100% for III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV and V, I am always finding new things to do as well with stunt jumps, funny moment stuff.  I love using the Tank and such back in III and Vice City.  San Andreas is also a blast as is IV.

If I had to pick my least favorite game, it'd be IV only because I simply don't know too much about it quite yet.  I still need to explore and check more in depth to that game.  The others I have done much more extensive playing time put into those games.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

I find myself very bored with the game at the moment, when I started off and I had stuff to had I absolutely loved it, but now I'm 100% I just drive around for maybe half an hour, get into a police shootout then turn it off when I die. Suppose I could start again but that's a piss-take.

Definitely a brilliant game though.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well I had my copy I think it was Sept 19. I have NOT obsessed over the game as if my life depended on it. I was ready for its release, looking forward to playing it and there are several things I'd like to have seen adjusted or corrected, implemented but I still like the game, I have fun w/ it WHEN I play it. I'm just about to hit 30% :lol:

Honestly, it was really annoying to see some ppl saying "I finished it in x days, now its boring, this game sux", honestly, I think they suck :lol:  R* never guaranteed 52 weeks @ 24 hours per day of dynamic gameplay!

I think ppl that complain about it being too short, too boring etc, should've rented the game FIRST, or played it @ a friend's house to see how you'd like it, then decide if its worth buying...

The bugs in the game have been somewhat annoying but how many games are ever released w/ zero bugs, especially games that are on the same scale, same genre and on ppl's "most anticipated" list. I dont really play online so I cant speak to that aspect of the game's quality/bugs etc.

• Militia likes this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:32 PM Edited by GTA564, 24 January 2014 - 06:33 PM.

@Militia
This is true because the world of the game and the game itself is composed in such a profound way and it took Rockstar long time
so for us to see what is inherent in it can take much more, eventually our perspective on the game will change and we will evaluate it in much more accurate way
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

I find myself very bored with the game at the moment, when I started off and I had stuff to had I absolutely loved it, but now I'm 100% I just drive around for maybe half an hour, get into a police shootout then turn it off when I die. Suppose I could start again but that's a piss-take.

Definitely a brilliant game though.

Well....I do this very same thing.  Main things to do are using your imagination!  Also, 5 star kill sprees and seeing how long you can last, driving your personal vehicles around and testing them out.  Maxing stats if you have not already done that.  Replaying missions.  Exploring Fort Zancudo, Prison, Humane Labs and Research, and the police stations using the "replay a mission called Fair Game or Target Practice" so you won't get any wanted stars inside these places.  Also after 100% completion, you can use save editors to f*ck around.  For instance obtain the Stinger GT in single player or the Annihilator helicopter.  Want to own a Titan?  It can save on Trevor's helipad.  Want a Skylift?  It can save on a helipad - As do cars, planes, trucks, etc.  Same goes for the hangers - Can put planes, helicopters, cars inside there too.  Not to mention mod any vehicle you want like police vehicles, etc.  There is loads to do after 100%...You just gotta have an imagination.  I am also still exploring and finding out new things everytime I play lol

• Lil ski, D3ADSH0T and stobe187 like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Yes it was the same way with GTA 4 I was disappointed there wasn't all the same stuff that was in SA but getting to know Niko and just the city/game itself made it one of my favorite games. Same thing is happening with GTA 5 just a little slower then it has been for other GTA's. A lot of work has went into making this game feel alive there are some things I want in the game and some things R* said were in but aren't. But I can over look them a bit but some things can't as much of a fan as I am of R* 

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

I hate when people pull that bs "use your imagination" stuff...

I played the game for the story mode. after that, its pointless to continue playing imo.

im wating for the sp dlc, but im not holding my breath...

imagination...pfft...

• Ixnay likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

^^^, sucks for you then!  :lol:  :cry:

• Witchking Of Angmar and Bonnano like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

I appreciate ROCKSTAR in general, Not because of Grand Theft Auto. I cherish them to the fact that every release they publish, I know it will be a thing to remember.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Not yet, no. Maybe when there is some decent level of dlc for single player. But that's ok; I'm still happily playing IV and other unrelated games; maybe if I let V sit a while and wait for them to do some things it might get a little better. If it does, great. If it doesn't, I just realized I really don't care. I hope I'll develop some sort of attachment to it, but right now it's just too blah.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

This feeling probably all know, it starts when we play the game for the first time and we have all kinds of problems with things we did not expect that they disappoint us

Can't say I agree. From the moment I started I thought this game was awesome. Can't say I had any problems with the game, other than the obvious garages that don't save cars issue. Its just a great game. 

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Nicee thread brooo

Not yet but im hoping it will because thats what happened with gta iv. I started to love it more and more and got really attached to the online chaos in the airport and it wasnt the case when I first got the game.

With gta v its gives of no vibe at all and online is boring! Im hoping overtime that can changee!

One game that I loved instantly was red dead redemption! Damn the feeling when I first played that game was anazing! Its still my most played game and play it more than gta v

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

No. But I sure do get more angry at the lack of a PC version announcement, as time goes by.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 24 January 2014 - 08:50 PM.

I'm a big fan of the freedom offered in GTAV, so I'll probably be playing this right up until VI drops. That or RDR are pretty much my only games.

But yes, these games do have a 'grow on you factor' for sure.
  • Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 24 January 2014 - 09:29 PM.

I have had 4 Playthroughs (non-stop playing) with GTA 5 since it release date,if that combined it over 500hrs,except these few days(since Monday) i havent turned on my xbox360 or played GTA 5 but when i have the time i would try and finish my 4th Playthrough and try get an 100% completion.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by lol232, 24 January 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Yep.
It's very underrated; people just thought this will be GTA SA 2.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

I appreciate GTA IV as more time goes by.

I put V away for now.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:37 AM Edited by ZeeKid2k10, 25 January 2014 - 02:37 AM.

offtopic wow alot of still play GTA4 Online on the 360 Free Mode was full at 16

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

I hate when people pull that bs "use your imagination" stuff...

I played the game for the story mode. after that, its pointless to continue playing imo.

im wating for the sp dlc, but im not holding my breath...

imagination...pfft...

There's no point in playing a GTA game after completing the story? That might be the most stupid things I've read on these forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users