Biggest pet peeves with other players?

54 replies to this topic
Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

1. Idiots taking advantage of bulletproof rear windows, knocking me down and gunning me down.

2. Obviously tankers.

3. Cretins that are too insecure to actually fight me and get up high and snipe at me. Jesus, even if I manage to shoot those buggers down they'll still respawn in that said high area.

4. People that open fire for no apparent reason.

5. People that randomly honk at me to get in their cars with absolutely no idea on what they want to do, I mean, it's nice they don't want to shoot me down but this is almost as equally as offensive.

6. That annoying, generic and very common pair of late-teenaged lad and pre-pubescent boy that won't shut up on the mic and always talk about the craziest crap.

7. Spawn-killers. Period. The #1 rule in any battle is to have respect for your opponents.

Well, that's all I got, care to sound off what some of yours are?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

I'd support all of your ones..

8. People who open fire on un-armed helicopters, or aircraft where you're not threatening them.

9. Smashing my damn windows!

10. Driving my car off in a mission

11. Kids.

12. The echo of someone's tv.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

People that are too afraid (or whatever the reason) to play on a level playing field.  Say someone kills me while I'm on the ground and they're in a buzzard, what's wrong with letting me actually get in my buzzard and take off before you start shooting at me?  Sun Tzu would have a word or two to say about that.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Just screw up the number flow why don't ya.

• Canibitch likes this

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

3. Cretins that are too insecure to actually fight me and get up high and snipe at me. Jesus, even if I manage to shoot those buggers down they'll still respawn in that said high area.

It's a legitimate tactic. Get used to it.

• DP Man, RogueStatus, Qutan and 1 other like this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

People that are too afraid (or whatever the reason) to play on a level playing field.  Say someone kills me while I'm on the ground and they're in a buzzard, what's wrong with letting me actually get in my buzzard and take off before you start shooting at me?  Sun Tzu would have a word or two to say about that.

Yeah, but Sun Tzu wasn't born and raised on the mean streets of L.S. You get more money for your morals than one of Simeon's HPV 

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

I guess. I just don't like that they respawn in that location if I shoot them.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

I agree. They should at least respawn at street level and have to scramble back up to their vantage point if they want to be there so bad.

Based God Cali
  • Based God Cali

Really Nigga .__.-Formerly jjbinks4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

People that always blow up a custom car that i try to give to them.

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

I can agree with most in here, but what really bugs me

- Can't set the music station for all of the radio objects. (Pv's, apartment, garage, and lobby menu music.) to be the same. When they give you a option in the menu to select your radio station....

- Cant mute the on foot ambient mission music. Its considered music in the menu audio options so if I turn that down I won't be able to hear music when I get back into a vehicle.

My people pet peeve are trolls.
  • LancerG2 likes this

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

I agree. They should at least respawn at street level and have to scramble back up to their vantage point if they want to be there so bad.

You got it.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:53 AM Edited by JoeMamma, 24 January 2014 - 01:55 AM.

My pet peeve with others:  when you're obviously not out to gun them down (like driving past them and NOT firing or just walking past, no guns out) and they fire at you and kill you.  NOT EVERYONE IS A HOMICIDAL MANIAC IN THIS GAME!

OP:  Only time I spawn kill is one of two reasons:  Bounty.  IF they have a bounty on their head, anything is fair game.  It's what an assassin would do.  Other reason:  obvious troller.  If someone is griefing someone else or trolling them, I'll do whatever is takes to troll the troll, grief the griefer.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

Sun Tzu would grief.
  • WBaker and LancerG2 like this

Special Agent 25
  • Special Agent 25

Formerly L5B4LiF3

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

I can agree with most in here, but what really bugs me

- Can't set the music station for all of the radio objects. (Pv's, apartment, garage, and lobby menu music.) to be the same. When they give you a option in the menu to select your radio station....

same here, got my car radio set to mirror park, garage radio always seems to be on non-stop pop and my apartment radio always seems to be east los fm :/

• BaM BooZeLLed likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

Um...they don't.

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Um...they don't.

They do if it's on like a mountain or something similar. Relatively in the same location.

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

They usually do re spawn on street level. To be honest I dont mind snipers. In many cases I actually find them fairly easy targets. As they tend not to move. Makes it so easy to find a place to snipe them from or one of my favorites is grab a luxor or something fly over them at max altitude and parachute down silently. Being so high up they never hear your plane.

Also feels james bondy to shoot a sniper from a parachute

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

They usually do re spawn on street level. To be honest I dont mind snipers. In many cases I actually find them fairly easy targets. As they tend not to move. Makes it so easy to find a place to snipe them from or one of my favorites is grab a luxor or something fly over them at max altitude and parachute down silently. Being so high up they never hear your plane.

You do realize that if they're not moving and they're sniping, they're probably looking at their radar too (even if out of the corner of their eye) and they'll see you, right?

Special Agent 25
  • Special Agent 25

Formerly L5B4LiF3

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:11 AM Edited by L5B4LIF3, 24 January 2014 - 02:11 AM.

You do realize that if they're not moving and they're sniping, they're probably looking at their radar too (even if out of the corner of their eye) and they'll see you, right?

off the radar?

Durtywhyteboi88
  • Durtywhyteboi88

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:13 AM

15 year old white kids who think they're black,and Hispanic players,they all think that they're some sort of gangster,bunch of jokes
  • bonedeth667 and redfirebird87 like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

I was once driving around casually. Saw there was a player in an alley in the minimap so decided to approach him. Turns out he was in his car f*cking a prostitute.

Can't sleep at nights anymore.

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

off the radar?

Well that's a different story then. 

15 year old white kids who think they're black,and Hispanic players,they all think that they're some sort of gangster,bunch of jokes

Says the guy whose screenname is dUrtywhYteboI (highlighted all the gay letters)....the most ghetto spelling of "dIrtywhIteboY"....

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

Not if you're their primary target dude.

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

When someone realizes after 10 minutes of trying to shoot me to death that I'm in Passive Mode and instead blow up my car like a moron.

• SUPERHEAVYDOODY and Silky like this

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

Sun Tzu would have a word or two to say about that.

Yep, probably this one: If your opponent is tempermental, seek to irritate him.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

Well, that's all I got, care to sound off what some of yours are?

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't search the forum for existing threads on the exact same topic. I'm kidding!!!! - here's a thread I started a while ago to help feed your curiosity! Cheers!! ;)

The Official Pet Peeve Thread™

• WBaker likes this

KevinthePRF
  • KevinthePRF

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

Tag alongs in Team Deathmatch. Hey teammate, please do not follow me and get the same piece of cover right beside/behind me. If a hapless target comes in our range, one of us gets a kill while the other is just wasting ammo. And if we happened to get flanked, you just gave the opposing team two easy kills instead of one. Hurts offense and defense.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

Single shot with a silenced pistol to the head, pure Bond style :D

Durtywhyteboi88
  • Durtywhyteboi88

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

off the radar?

Well that's a different story then. 

Says the guy whose screenname is dUrtywhYteboI (highlighted all the gay letters)....the most ghetto spelling of "dIrtywhIteboY"....
cool story bro

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

I dislike when randoms on a mission won't let me into their car as a passenger and drive solo. I could be smoking a cigarette instead of making the same commute for the 100th time.
  • redfirebird87 and djmatao like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users